Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:38 am

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 1239, chamber wrote:
In post 1238, Sotty7 wrote:What about chamber?
I really don't get why you keep bringing this up as an option. I think you're town primarily because we've agreed on most points this game. You've even used that as a reason to not suspect CES, so your continued half attacks very much confuse me.
Right now I have you very much as null as I mentioned earlier. Getting some input on you from others is the goal. It could be I don't remember your contributions because the game is pretty overwhelming in parts but I am hoping to fix that.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:50 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

In post 1224, DrippingGoofball wrote:Eh. just lynch me already.

I'm just vanilla. No big loss.

My wagon is heavy with the scum. Hear me now, believe me later.
It I'd a loss of you are town. I don't understand the attitude.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:55 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 1246, undo wrote:
Porochaz wrote: I am disappointed with this case, I thought I had a lot more to put into it. Still, it's difficult to do that when I can't go "I disagree with the way he interacted with player X" because he didn't meaningfully interact with them. Or "I found that vote scummy because..." because he hasn't put down any meaningful votes. Or "His analysis is way off base" because he hasn't made any meaningful analysis.
I’m not going to apologize for my playstyle. If you find me difficult to read, try harder.
Well, basically, you don't have a playstyle. 51 pages and 28 posts void of content and empty questions is not a playstyle. Its flying under the radar and it's scummy and any deviations you have made from this are, guess what? even more scummy.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:01 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

undo, I gather you think posting summary after summary is far more beneficial.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:02 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

In post 1252, Porochaz wrote:
In post 1246, undo wrote:
Porochaz wrote: I am disappointed with this case, I thought I had a lot more to put into it. Still, it's difficult to do that when I can't go "I disagree with the way he interacted with player X" because he didn't meaningfully interact with them. Or "I found that vote scummy because..." because he hasn't put down any meaningful votes. Or "His analysis is way off base" because he hasn't made any meaningful analysis.
I’m not going to apologize for my playstyle. If you find me difficult to read, try harder.
Well, basically, you don't have a playstyle. 51 pages and 28 posts void of content and empty questions is not a playstyle. Its flying under the radar and it's scummy and any deviations you have made from this are, guess what? even more scummy.
This guy here. Prozac gets it.
Show

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:05 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Suspicion of CTD is not that he didn't follow up. It's that he felt the need to inform he would do so. His iso is peppered with similar posts.
Show

:

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:08 am

Post by Glork »

In post 1241, VitaminR wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Glork

Glork's been bothering me all day. Also, this DGB wagon is real easy and I don't like how he's pushing it. Posts like this one seem real simplistic for someone like Glork:
In post 1230, Glork wrote:I don't think I've seen DGB simply acquiesce to being lynched as either alignment. The impression I got from her "I give up" post is that it worked for Bookie, so it might just work for her.
What do you mean by "real simplistic for someone like Glork"?

Also, not pushing the DGB wagon. I'm not as sold on her protownness as I was at the start of the day, but I'm far from being willing to lynch this. She's done a few things in recent pages that grant me pause but certainly not enough to lynch it.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:10 am

Post by Glork »

Also, I'd totally lynch undo.
Of course
his long-awaited analysis post lands him on the wagon du jour... Just like it did I'm Bookitty Day One.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:11 am

Post by Glork »

EBWOP: "Just like it did on Bookitty Day One." Autocorrect on phone \o/
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:18 am

Post by mathcam »

I don't get all the undo hate at all. When I display posts by user: undo, I see a lot of contributions. And I lol'd at
undo wrote:I’m not going to apologize for my playstyle. If you find me difficult to read, try harder.
In general, I hate this "surface reading" argument as a scumtell. I don't think undo's doing it, and when people do, I attribute it more to laziness than scumminess.
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:35 am

Post by undo »

In post 1257, Glork wrote:Also, I'd totally lynch undo. Of course his long-awaited analysis post lands him on the wagon du jour...
lol I could see that cheap argument working for every scenario.

Had I voted inhimshallibe/chamber/CES: "Of course his long-awaited analysis post lands him on someone no-one is voting..."
Had I voted you: "Of course his long-awaited analysis post lands him on one of the easiest suspects..."

You're not going anywhere with that.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:45 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Ah, shit. I'm going to have to be replaced. My entire team of analysts (including me) were just part of alleviating "economic conditions" at my current job.

Bummer, time to find a good company... Don't work for middlemen, folks.
Show

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:45 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I guess I can continue to play, but I won't be very active.
Show

:

Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:47 am

Post by Bookitty »

@Undo:
Mathcam and I were your top suspects yesterday if I recall correctly. Yet, in your analysis, you've sort of glossed over both him and me with minimal comment so far. This seems odd given your suspicions and vote yesterday. (Yes, I'm asking you to comment on Mathcam and on me.)

Have your other opinions and suspicions changed materially since yesterday? What specifically has DGB done to move her to the top of your list?

EBWOP: I'm so sorry, InHimShallIBe. That's suckage :(
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:58 am

Post by Glork »

In post 1260, undo wrote:
In post 1257, Glork wrote:Also, I'd totally lynch undo. Of course his long-awaited analysis post lands him on the wagon du jour...
lol I could see that cheap argument working for every scenario.

Had I voted inhimshallibe/chamber/CES: "Of course his long-awaited analysis post lands him on someone no-one is voting..."
Had I voted you: "Of course his long-awaited analysis post lands him on one of the easiest suspects..."

You're not going anywhere with that.
No, undo. It's the fact that literally the only substantial things you've done all game are:
-Analyze multiple people Day One and wind up voting the most popular (probably town) player/wagon
-Analyze multiple people Day Two and wind up voting the most popular (possibly town) player/wagon

Once is nothing. But your only pattern of behavior is lurking through the thread doing nothing of value, then jumping the biggest, easiest wagon. On BOTH days.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:25 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1257, Glork wrote:Also, I'd totally lynch undo.
Of course
his long-awaited analysis post lands him on the wagon du jour... Just like it did I'm Bookitty Day One.
Voting for obvscum. Such a scumtell.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:59 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 1259, mathcam wrote:I don't get all the undo hate at all. When I display posts by user: undo, I see a lot of contributions. And I lol'd at
undo wrote:I’m not going to apologize for my playstyle. If you find me difficult to read, try harder.
In general, I hate this "surface reading" argument as a scumtell. I don't think undo's doing it, and when people do, I attribute it more to laziness than scumminess.
Can you give me a few examples of where he has contributed?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:17 am

Post by VitaminR »

In post 1256, Glork wrote: What do you mean by "real simplistic for someone like Glork"?
Her giving up I think could be read lots of ways, especially since it's DGB. You threw a simplistic interpretation that is also the one that makes her look bad. You could be falling for confirmation bias a bit (and I think we all kind of want her to be scum, because it'd be easy), but I sort of think you're the kind of scumhunter that would be aware of the danger of that.
In post 1256, Glork wrote: Also, not pushing the DGB wagon. I'm not as sold on her protownness as I was at the start of the day, but I'm far from being willing to lynch this. She's done a few things in recent pages that grant me pause but certainly not enough to lynch it.
I feel like you
have
been pushing it, though subtly. Both and put additional arguments against DGB out there at a time when there's substantial pressure on her, even if you don't strongly commit to them.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:19 am

Post by VitaminR »

I agree with Glork on undo, though.

Also, that sucks, inHim! Best of luck.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:30 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

All aboard for the DGB train!
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:46 am

Post by mathcam »

In post 1266, Porochaz wrote: Can you give me a few examples of where he has contributed?
Just look at his posts. His third post of the game was a contribution. I don't know what you're expecting. If you're really serious about this, maybe you could do a comparison of how much you've contributed to how much he has.

I'm not particularly pro-undo, but I'm definitely anti-this-argument.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:09 am

Post by Glork »

In post 1267, VitaminR wrote:
In post 1256, Glork wrote: What do you mean by "real simplistic for someone like Glork"?
Her giving up I think could be read lots of ways, especially since it's DGB. You threw a simplistic interpretation that is also the one that makes her look bad. You could be falling for confirmation bias a bit (and I think we all kind of want her to be scum, because it'd be easy), but I sort of think you're the kind of scumhunter that would be aware of the danger of that.
In post 1256, Glork wrote: Also, not pushing the DGB wagon. I'm not as sold on her protownness as I was at the start of the day, but I'm far from being willing to lynch this. She's done a few things in recent pages that grant me pause but certainly not enough to lynch it.
I feel like you
have
been pushing it, though subtly. Both and put additional arguments against DGB out there at a time when there's substantial pressure on her, even if you don't strongly commit to them.
I wouldn't necessarily say that makes her look bad. DGB will do what she can to survive. Outside of a few specific things, there's very little that she wouldn't try to win for her side. It's simply not in her nature to give up, so there's got to be a reason she said she's giving up. The most sensible one to me is an appeal to emotion, similar to what worked or Bookitty.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:32 am

Post by undo »

@Glork:
Glork wrote:No, undo. It's the fact that literally the only substantial things you've done all game are:
-Analyze multiple people Day One and wind up voting the most popular (probably town) player/wagon
-Analyze multiple people Day Two and wind up voting the most popular (possibly town) player/wagon

Once is nothing. But your only pattern of behavior is lurking through the thread doing nothing of value, then jumping the biggest, easiest wagon. On BOTH days.
1) You don't know the alignment of Bookitty and DGB (or do you?), so your "probablies" and "possiblies" mean squat.
2) I'm not worried about patterns. I vote for who I think is scum.
3) The value of what I do is subjective.
4) Please tell me exactly when I have lurked. Hint: I never did.

@Bookitty:

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you. I put my D1 suspicions on hold because of the huge piece of information that was LML's flip. I needed to dissect the game under that new light before anything else.

Because of this I haven't been paying attention to your (Boo's and mathcam's) most recent posts, but be sure I will look into that soon, and tell you how you are faring in my scum-ranking.

@Porochaz:

I'm sorry to break it to you, but the fact that you don't like my posts doesn't make them all "void of content". Face it: you're bummed because you can't find any concrete, valid reason to attack them. Just rest assured it won't be with gross generalizations you're going to convince anyone.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:49 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 1271, Glork wrote:It's simply not in her nature to give up, so there's got to be a reason
Look. I'm within months of being put on an organ transplant waiting list. I'm nauseous any time I'm awake and other stuff I share with my doctors.

If you think I'm going to spend my last days of health on a vicious, stressful, annoying-everybody 1-on-1 war with ABR you are kidding yourself. ABR and I have played this disgusting dance many a time already and I am not /in for more. I am sure many here recall the highly personal feuds between ABR and I, no one wants to see it, and I don't want to do it.

Screw that.

So just lynch me, I look forward to relaxing in the dead QT.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:52 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

By "last days of health" I mean RELATIVE health because I'll never be as "healthy" as I am now ever again.

I hate to bring this stuff into a GAME but this is not the first time players are puzzled at my change in demeanor.

If it's no longer fun, then it's a waste of my time, I should be doing something that is fun instead. Like the Dead QT.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”