Newbie 1509: The Devil's Run (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:16 pm

Post by Alina »

@
Huntress

I'm not saying his play was THAT bad, I just like using colorful words sometimes. I think I just expected more since he was an IC.

I also totally forgot the roleblocker was a thing...pretty much could make the plan pointless if it's in the setup and we end up lynching the goon rather than the roleblocker today. Welp :/
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:24 am

Post by Baezu »

andrewseagull has assured me he will post in a timely manner so I'm allowing him to stay in the game
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Andrewseagull
Andrewseagull
Townie
Andrewseagull
Townie
Townie

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:27 am

Post by Andrewseagull »

Right then, sorry for not posting after the last few days been hectic with the big brother moving back in and having to prepare my room.

Thanks to Baezu for letting me stay.

I haven't really got a clue who's mafia atm but will read back properly tonight.
Andrewseagull
Andrewseagull
Townie
Andrewseagull
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:35 am

Post by Andrewseagull »

In post 204, Alina wrote:@
Andrewseagull

Who is your top town and scum read right now? Give (detailed please) reasoning.
Not sure to be honest, I could say anyone and they'll all give reasons as to why they're town. I thought Formerfish up until we lynched Neil113.

I genuinely didn't know that voting Neil would lynch him there and then, I had no idea what the "L-3" thing meant, but now I do.
In post 205, blueheaven wrote:
My other top suspect was Andrew, and I agree with your reasoning about his quickhammer. There was a reason for his quickhammer if Andrew was scum partners with neil, but now, I'm not so sure. I can't see any reason for him to hammer as town, or scum (that isn't partners with neil)
I am a vanilla and that's that.

Btw why did the mafia not kill anyone?
In post 211, Clusk92 wrote:I'm not buying the fact Andrew didn't know how things worked on here - the rules are on the very first page for everyone to see, if you're a newbie it's just common sense to read them before the game starts.

As I said before that wasn't the only thing that made him look scummy though, he changed his mind about Neil so quickly after not being suspicious about him before, based on just two lines he deemed suspicious, right when he's at L-1.

His premature VT claim when there was no need does not help town at all and also looks like scum panicking to me.

For now I'm comfortable with putting a vote down for him.

VOTE: Andrewseagull
Why you voting me? I've already said I'm vanilla. I just didn't read the rules closely enough.
In post 225, blueheaven wrote:I don’t like how Andrew is able to post continuously when he is under pressure from the hammer, but before and after that, he seems very time constrained to post anything of substance.

And his previous post was just to avoid being 'prodded'?
It's the world cup man! And I explain in my most recent post why I haven't been around, had to get my room ready in time for my brother to move in so this is the first time I've even been on my laptop over the past 3 or 4 days.
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by Alina »

@
Andrew

Why did you stop thinking
Formerfish
was scum?
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:28 pm

Post by Alina »

@
Baezu

Sorry for asking yet again lol, but can you prod
blueheaven
please?

Done.
Last edited by Baezu on Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BabiSoup
BabiSoup
Goon
BabiSoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by BabiSoup »

In post 235, BabiSoup wrote:3. Scum targeted the same person as me.(1/35)
The probability of this is 1/5 actually.
In post 234, shaddowez wrote:scum that doesn't know how to play scum
How do you play scum?
BabiSoup
BabiSoup
Goon
BabiSoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:52 pm

Post by BabiSoup »

In post 234, shaddowez wrote:In post 191, Formerfish wrote:
I've never been scum in a newbie game before, do they get day talk in their scum chats?

Also this. As an SE, Fish should have at least read the Role PM's which specifically say the mafia can talk at night. Could be nothing, but it caught my attention.
YOU SCUM why you mention night talk when Formerfish mention day talk
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:04 pm

Post by Alina »

Those are actually really good catches. At this point, I'm okay with lynching either
Blueheaven
or
Shaddowez.

I might have to call myself an idiot when this is all said and done, but I think
Andrew
is probably town. There's a small part of me that thinks he's just playing all of this up...but right now I feel comfortable having him as town.

When it comes to
Blueheaven
and
Shaddowez
, I personally think
Shaddowez
has a higher chance of flipping scum, but
Blueheaven's
flip would clear up my reads big time. Honestly, I think I'd rather lynch
Shaddowez
, but I'd be okay with
Blueheaven.
BabiSoup
BabiSoup
Goon
BabiSoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:10 pm

Post by BabiSoup »

In post 238, Alina wrote:I get a weird vibe from(mainly that does scum have a night chat post) but it's just constant WIFOM with that so it's iffy.
wait you did that too
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:13 pm

Post by Alina »

Apparently. Weird. I guess using that
Shaddowez
post(like I thought it was suspicious) probably doesn't mean as much as I thought it did when I read it. I still think he's probably scum though, for all the other stuff he's done.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:31 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 257, BabiSoup wrote:
In post 234, shaddowez wrote:In post 191, Formerfish wrote:
I've never been scum in a newbie game before, do they get day talk in their scum chats?

Also this. As an SE, Fish should have at least read the Role PM's which specifically say the mafia can talk at night. Could be nothing, but it caught my attention.
YOU SCUM why you mention night talk when Formerfish mention day talk
I mentioned night talk because that's all the role talks about. Fish asked about day talk, which is
not
mentioned in the role, therefore it's not allowed (unless I have the rules wrong?).

@Alina
- Two questions: First, how will blueheaven's flip solidify your reads? As in, if he's scum you think I am and if he's town you'll think I'm not? Second, when I flip town, whether lynched today or tomorrow (since I'm assuming you're planning on lynching me one day or the other), who do you think scum will be?
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by Alina »

The "when I flip town," game huh? Now you sound like
Neil
. :p

With
blueheaven
, mainly by interactions with other people will it help me get a stronger read on people. For example, I doubt him and
Andrew
are scumpartners. I thought it was a possibility for a while, but I don't really think so anymore. Also, I doubt if he flips scum, that
Huntress
is scum. With you, I don't have many reads when it comes to your interactions with others, so my reads on other people wouldn't improve/change much as a result of your flip. I'm not so sure you're PARTNERS, I'm just most comfortable lynching one of you today instead of anyone else.

Let's say you flip town today, I'll probably have to end up rereading everyone AGAIN, but really, I'd probably look at
Huntress
and
blueheaven
next.
Huntress
just rubs me the wrong way for some reason and I can't figure out WHY, since coming from a logical perspective, her posts seem useful. I'm pretty certain
Clusk
is town unless he's scum with
Andrew
, and I'm 99% sure
Babi
is town as well.
Fish
I could see possibly being scum with you. Partially due to that line I pointed out in my read on you that kind of sounded like someone gave you that advice(someone more experienced, meaning, an SE) in your pre-game nightchat. (I'm pretty sure there's one, anyways. There was in the other games I read...not sure if it changed with matrix6?)
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:49 pm

Post by Alina »

How do you play scum?
Btw,
Shaddowez
, you didn't answer this from
Babisoup
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:19 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 262, Alina wrote:The "when I flip town," game huh? Now you sound like Neil. :p
I didn't intend to copy him, but realized I did as soon as I posted and read it in the forum. Amusingly, I would like to remind you how that worked out for us.

As for my interactions with people, I'm pretty sure I've called out or tried to get the motives of everyone on here. The most parterning you could say I've done would be agreeing with blueheaven on Babi's putting Neil at L-1. I had missed what Babi called out about blueheaven being the one to do it after you had unvoted, but considering only one person pointed it out, the same could be said about anyone else not noticing it.
In post 238, Alina wrote:I think #63, where he said that scum should move with the town, if the town are talking, talk, if not, don't talk
This was specifically an answer to the question "Who would be more likely to not answer, town or scum?" Fish asked about RVS, not about play during the game.
In post 256, BabiSoup wrote:In post 234, shaddowez wrote:scum that doesn't know how to play scum
How do you play scum?
This is my first game on here, so I can't really point you to my scum game. Generally, things like lurking and quickhammering (both of which Andrew was doing) are considered scummy, which is why I said he may not know how to scum. If you're asking me specifically, I'm usually very agressive when I'm scum, especially if I have nightkill immunity.

So, as a matter of trying to figure out who's scum. I would like to point out that for everyone that has done a reads list, there are a couple of people that have been consistently in the top half. My top two suspicions are
Huntress
and
Clusk
. I may have time later tonight, if not I'll go into more depth tomorrow night on why.
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:37 pm

Post by Alina »

I am really, really bad at this game. Every time I suspect someone they do something that makes me doubt it again. Maybe I just need to be more confident in my reads when I get them? I don't know.

Anyways. I'd like to actually hear your thoughts on
Huntress
and
Clusk
. I just kind of skim re-read them and I think I was giving
Clusk
too much credit in some areas.
Huntress
is the same. Logical, but just feels off. :/
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:55 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Just a quick observation before I do anything else. Blue was on site after Babi claimed and neglected to comment. Now if someone erroneously accused me of being scum based off a jailkeep you better believe I am on this thread raising some hell.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:08 am

Post by Baezu »

Prodding Clusk92
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:11 am

Post by Baezu »

Vote Count 2.04blueheaven: (2) huntress , BabiSoup
Andrewseagull: (1) Clusk92

Not Voting: Formerfish, shaddowez, Alina, blueheaven, Andrewseagull

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-06-30 18:30:00)

Mod Notes:
None
Show

Clusk92
Clusk92
Goon
Clusk92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:01 am

Post by Clusk92 »

@ Andrew: I already stated in my post why I voted for you. I'm not just basing my vote on the 'accidental' lynch either. Also the fact you claimed VT is irrelevant to whether you are scum or town, scum can always claim VT and it is impossible to counter-claim.

Also agree with Formerfish in regards to Blueheaven, it would be much better if you came on and defended yourself, but atm you're not helping yourself by staying quiet.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:16 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 250, Alina wrote:@
Huntress

I'm not saying his play was THAT bad, I just like using colorful words sometimes. I think I just expected more since he was an IC.

I also totally forgot the roleblocker was a thing...pretty much could make the plan pointless if it's in the setup and we end up lynching the goon rather than the roleblocker today. Welp :/
Trouble is, blowing things up to make him look worse than he was gives an impression of over defensiveness which could be a scum tell, but I accept that it probably isn't in this case.

If the lack of a kill was caused by Blueheaven being jailed then it's probable he's a goon rather than a roleblocker, so Shaddowez might well be a better bet for toDay's lynch. I'm seeing him as scum both together with and independently of BH, mainly for his reads list in which seemed very non-committal, and , where he gets defensive about his interacting with everyone and wants to make sure that we know he has, even though no one has suggested otherwise.

In post 234, shaddowez wrote:Huntress - She seems to have it out for specific people, namely blueheaven and Formerfish. While I've got some issues with Fish's play, her arguments against blueheaven seem weak at best. She also seems to read/write/remember what is convenient for her current post.
Commenting on specific people and asking them questions is what I usually do. What do you find remarkable about it?
What seems weak about my arguements on BH?
And can you explain what you mean by the last sentence please? Because it looks like just mud-slinging to me.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:17 pm

Post by Formerfish »

@Huntress
- If you think that Shadow is the better lynch for the day, why aren't you voting them?
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:07 pm

Post by Alina »

Okay. I thought it over today and I think that because I was SO sure
Neil
was gonna flip scum, that when he didn't, it really damaged my confidence in my reads and so I became kind of okay with just kind of swapping them all over the place because I wasn't confident enough and I was afraid of being wrong again.

When I was thinking I didn't really think
blueheaven
was THAT scummy, and I would've buyed him being a night target, but if he really checked the thread and didn't even defend himself, coupled with his disappearing act when he was very active before...yeah, it doesn't really bode very well for him. But I still think my vote is most comfortable being on
Shaddowez

VOTE: Shaddowez
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by shaddowez »

Huntress
While you're not exactly tunneling on blueheaven, you do seem to be paying more attention to him than a good portion of the town. You voted for him day 1 with no reasoning given outside of your one line.
In post 165, Huntress wrote:So you're comfortable with pushing his lynch, but you want to give yourself a let-out if he proves to be town? Or are you just rolefishing with your request for a claim?
You do give more detail in later posts, but not at the time of the vote.
In post 75, Huntress wrote:
In post 62, BabiSoup wrote:I find Neil's posts full of fluff and lack of scumhunting.
Why not vote him then?
Here you're asking Babi why he's not voting for Neil, and as Fish pointed out if you think I'm a better lynch target than blue, why aren't you voting for me?

As for voting for me, you don't even seem to pay attention to me until Babi mentions thinking I'm blue's partner, in the same post he claims. You then use this argument:
In post 270, Huntress wrote:If the lack of a kill was caused by Blueheaven being jailed then it's probable he's a goon rather than a roleblocker, so Shaddowez might well be a better bet for toDay's lynch.
which is in direct opposition of the rules listed by Baezu:
In post 2, Baezu wrote:In applicable situations, a Mafia Roleblocker has the option of submitting both roleblocks and kills, even when the Mafia Goon is still alive.
In applicable situations, a Mafia Roleblocker has the option of submitting both roleblocks and kills, even when the Mafia Goon is still alive.

As for my comments about your posts, there are two examples. The first is about the previous game with Fish, when Alina missed that you had inferred you were scum. You responded by saying you didn't think it mattered, then posted again to say that you had in fact inferred it. It's not a major thing, but it is a case of you not keeping your own facts in order.

The second is in regards to one of Fish's earlier posts directed at you. He asked you a two part question, to which you only answered one part. I failed at quoting the entire thing, but when I asked you about the part that you didn't answer, you responded by saying I quoted your answer, which was still only the one part.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:33 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 272, Alina wrote:Okay. I thought it over today and I think that because I was SO sure Neil was gonna flip scum, that when he didn't, it really damaged my confidence in my reads and so I became kind of okay with just kind of swapping them all over the place because I wasn't confident enough and I was afraid of being wrong again.
Out of curiosity - what's going to happen when you're wrong again?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”