Newbie 1509: The Devil's Run (Game Over)

Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:45 pm

Post by Alina »

I'll probably cry in a corner somewhere. Not really, but...

I do think it's interesting
Huntress
never even once mentioned you until her post #214(her 16th post.) Now she seems to be onboard with you being
blueheaven's
scumbuddy, and is okay with lynching you too. Also, yesterday, she noted that "it's looking like
Andrew
and
Blueheaven
are the scum." Now, though,
Andrew
isn't scum and is just low hanging fruit. Switched up overnight.

The problem is I also like a couple of her posts and her case on
blueheaven
also makes sense to me.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:49 pm

Post by shaddowez »

Most of my concern with
Clusk
is what I addressed in post #117

Additionally, the only two people he's had scumreads on are myself and
Babi
. If Babi is town like he claims, that's
at least
a 50% townie that he's scumreading, assuming you still think I'm scum. His only vote on Day 1 was on me. He then proceeds to question Babi on his vote in Day 2:
In post 221, Clusk92 wrote:
In post 220, BabiSoup wrote:VOTE: Shaddowez
Reasons?
There has been very little interaction between Clusk and
blueheaven
. Clusk's most recent post was
In post 269, Clusk92 wrote:Blueheaven, it would be much better if you came on and defended yourself
The only other post Clusk even mentions blue is when he's giving Babi a hard time about claiming and voting for blue.

I posted about
Huntress
a short while ago because I had mentioned I would yesterday, but after going through ISOs and re-reads, I'm not getting the same sense I did yesterday. I want to hear more from blue before jumping on the bandwagon, but my current instinct is that blue and
Clusk
are scumbuddies.
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:05 pm

Post by Alina »

Yeah. After actually trying to commit to what I'm thinking instead of letting myself get carried away by every 5 words, I'm thinking
Huntress
is probably town. I don't see all too much scum motivation from her with the exception of a couple things here and there that probably don't mean anything.

I could see
Clusk
being scum -- he posted a lot to begin with, then afterwards started going UTR. This kind of left an impression in my mind that he was more active and contributing more than he really was, when in reality he's just been...there. Piping in every once and a while with pretty much just common sense.

Well, I just kind of sped-ISO'd him and there are a couple things I find weird but also some things I like. I'm not sure yet. I'm probably gonna do it again and pay some more attention, but I wanna read you again real quick. It does seem like in day one he was pretty intent on getting suspicion on you and
Babi
. I didn't think
Babi's
early sarcasm was that hard to notice, but he seemed like he was jumping on it, hoping to gain some traction on him maybe? I don't know yet. I think I'm leaning town with him.

Earlier on, you said you thought
Andrew
was your top scumread. Then
Babi
came out with his JK claim and you switched over to
Huntress
/
Clusk
. What did Andrew do that improved you?
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:11 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 277, Alina wrote:Earlier on, you said you thought Andrew was your top scumread. Then Babi came out with his JK claim and you switched over to Huntress/Clusk. What did Andrew do that improved you?
It was less that he improved (since he hasn't really done much at all) and more that the others started sticking out more to me. When I was answering Babi's question about my comment on Andrew "not knowing how to scum" and doing the re-read, I'm leaning a bit more towards naievete than scum (though he's not off my radar).

Also, before it gets asked, my thinking blue may be scum is stemming from the whole L-1 deal Babi brought up. I had missed that during my initial re-read, but makes a lot of what I saw as null reads seem scummy in conjunction.
BabiSoup
BabiSoup
Goon
BabiSoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:50 pm

Post by BabiSoup »

I didn't bring up any L-1 deal. Shaddowez, I thought you said Andrew was both clueless and mafia?
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:23 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 279, BabiSoup wrote:I didn't bring up any L-1 deal. Shaddowez, I thought you said Andrew was both clueless and mafia?
I must be going crazy - I swear that there were posts by both you and Alina about something that I can't find for the life of me. I just reread the entire thread twice, and can't find anything by anyone that reflects what I was thinking, so it's not like I was thinking of the wrong person. I'll be looking through again tomorrow just to be sure, but if it's not there I'll retract that entire part of my argument.

As for my thoughts on Andrew, my exact quote was
In post 208, shaddowez wrote:I'm currently of the opinion that Andrew is mafia and clueless
That was almost a week ago, and at the time I was of that opinion. Please see my posts since then for my thoughts since (especially since Alina already specifically asked me about me having him as a scum read).
Clusk92
Clusk92
Goon
Clusk92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:21 am

Post by Clusk92 »

In post 276, shaddowez wrote:Most of my concern with
Clusk
is what I addressed in post #117

Additionally, the only two people he's had scumreads on are myself and
Babi
. If Babi is town like he claims, that's
at least
a 50% townie that he's scumreading, assuming you still think I'm scum. His only vote on Day 1 was on me. He then proceeds to question Babi on his vote in Day 2:
In post 221, Clusk92 wrote:
In post 220, BabiSoup wrote:VOTE: Shaddowez
Reasons?
There has been very little interaction between Clusk and
blueheaven
. Clusk's most recent post was
In post 269, Clusk92 wrote:Blueheaven, it would be much better if you came on and defended yourself
The only other post Clusk even mentions blue is when he's giving Babi a hard time about claiming and voting for blue.

I posted about
Huntress
a short while ago because I had mentioned I would yesterday, but after going through ISOs and re-reads, I'm not getting the same sense I did yesterday. I want to hear more from blue before jumping on the bandwagon, but my current instinct is that blue and
Clusk
are scumbuddies.
My question to Babi wasn't based on me thinking he was scum, I just don't like votes without substance. I got scum vibes at first when there wasn't much to go on but since he has seemed a lot more town imo by the end of day 1, his JK backed that up and I have no doubt he is 100% town now due to no counter-claim.

Blueheaven came across as mostly town since he replaced in this game and was one of my top town reads, so felt no need to interact with him until Babi's JK reveal, which made me very suspicious of him, so now I want to question him, nothing wrong with that.
In post 274, shaddowez wrote:
In post 272, Alina wrote:Okay. I thought it over today and I think that because I was SO sure Neil was gonna flip scum, that when he didn't, it really damaged my confidence in my reads and so I became kind of okay with just kind of swapping them all over the place because I wasn't confident enough and I was afraid of being wrong again.
Out of curiosity - what's going to happen when you're wrong again?
ATF, nice. Very manipulative.
In post 277, Alina wrote: I could see
Clusk
being scum -- he posted a lot to begin with, then afterwards started going UTR. This kind of left an impression in my mind that he was more active and contributing more than he really was, when in reality he's just been...there. Piping in every once and a while with pretty much just common sense.
Early on I had a few ideas who vague ideas who scum were based on simple stuff such as the sarcasm as you don't really have much to go off and I find it hard to understand some cases of sarcasm on the internet.

Now though I'm finding it a bit more difficult to find scum-motivated postings, guess I'm not the best at this game. Nonetheless, my top 3 suspicions atm are blueheaven, shaddow and Andrew, and 2 of the of those aren't posting much atm, so it'd be nice if they joined in a bit more so I could question them.
Clusk92
Clusk92
Goon
Clusk92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:23 am

Post by Clusk92 »

That should read a 'few vague ideas who scum were', I should double check before posting!
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:55 am

Post by Baezu »

Vote Count 2.05shaddowez: (1) Alina
blueheaven: (2) huntress , BabiSoup
Andrewseagull: (1) Clusk92

Not Voting: Formerfish, shaddowez, blueheaven, Andrewseagull

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-06-30 18:30:00)

Mod Notes:
Still looking for replacement for blueheaven. If you know anyone, please let them know. Thanks!
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:03 am

Post by Baezu »

HayatoBL replaces blueheaven
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:13 am

Post by hayatoBL »

hi everyone.

I only know FormerFish. Though I didn't saw him in action(we won too quick). That game was fun btw, three players claiming cop in a Newbie game! :lol:

I need two days to read the thread btw. So, until then..
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:05 am

Post by hayatoBL »

Obvious scum is obvious.

VOTE: Andrewseagull
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:08 am

Post by hayatoBL »

Oh. I'm talking about the QuickHammer.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:09 am

Post by Formerfish »

@hayato
- you need to address being jailed, sooner than later. Also hello, glad to see you in game again.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:38 am

Post by hayatoBL »

So, somebody claimed to jailed me last Night, the way I understood it.

tbh, I haven't read until the end. While I'm reading can you or anybody else show me the relevant post, to which I need to make a reponse. That would be tidy. But only if there is a need for me to address those quickly.

If not then I would prefer to read in order.
Andrewseagull
Andrewseagull
Townie
Andrewseagull
Townie
Townie

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:02 am

Post by Andrewseagull »

In post 286, hayatoBL wrote:Obvious scum is obvious.

I'm vanilla.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:05 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 289, hayatoBL wrote:So, somebody claimed to jailed me last Night, the way I understood it.

tbh, I haven't read until the end. While I'm reading can you or anybody else show me the relevant post, to which I need to make a reponse. That would be tidy. But only if there is a need for me to address those quickly.

Last I checked an uncced jk would put either a bp or vanilla as the other known town roles. Which of those require reading for you to tell us the jail keep would have done nothing for you except save you from a night kill?
In post 290, Andrewseagull wrote:
In post 286, hayatoBL wrote:Obvious scum is obvious.

I'm vanilla.
You keep saying that like its supposed to mean fuck all.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:26 am

Post by hayatoBL »

In post 291, Formerfish wrote:
In post 289, hayatoBL wrote:So, somebody claimed to jailed me last Night, the way I understood it.

Last I checked an uncced jk would put either a bp or vanilla as the other known town roles. Which of those require reading for you to tell us the jail keep would have done nothing for you except save you from a night kill?

By read, I meant continue reading from whatever page I'm currently at.

And it's not confirmed that the uncced JK have saved me from a NK though.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:12 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Wow, you are really not getting what I am saying.

The thread doesn't matter in regards to your being jked. If you were BP than you'd still have your one shot. If you were vt you are still alive. Neither role requires you to read or catch up to respond to.

And if you are town the only other explanation is that we really do have a BP and they were hit last night. If that's true then you could still be scum. Either way your response to me should have been something a little more townie than "I need to read up."
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:42 pm

Post by Alina »

At this point I'm starting to think
Andrew
is magical and changed the game setup so he could be a jester.

@
Clusk

Nah, it's fine. I'm pretty sure you're town at this point. I agree w/you, I think scum is 2 of
Shaddowez
hayato
(I miss blueheaven now. ) and
andrew

If blueheaven had stayed on and defended himself, I probably would've believed him...and now we have new guy here. Can we just lynch all three of them today?

@
Hayato

You've had hours since you read the quickhammer, have you finished reading the thread yet? :roll:
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 271, Formerfish wrote:
@Huntress
- If you think that Shadow is the better lynch for the day, why aren't you voting them?
I was waiting to see what he said in response to my post before deciding whether to move. And note that I said he
might
be a better bet, not that he
was

In post 273, shaddowez wrote:
Huntress
While you're not exactly tunneling on blueheaven, you do seem to be paying more attention to him than a good portion of the town. You voted for him day 1 with no reasoning given outside of your one line.
In post 165, Huntress wrote:So you're comfortable with pushing his lynch, but you want to give yourself a let-out if he proves to be town? Or are you just rolefishing with your request for a claim?
You do give more detail in later posts, but not at the time of the vote.
Yep, I usually pay more attention to those whose posts make me suspicious of them. The one line that I quoted in was my reason for voting BH at that time, but it was not the first thing I had raised with him as we were having a ongoing discussion both before and after that point. In fact I don't think I did, as you claim, "give more detail in later posts".
In post 273, shaddowez wrote:Here you're asking Babi why he's not voting for Neil, and as Fish pointed out if you think I'm a better lynch target than blue, why aren't you voting for me?
Not sure what my question to Babi has to do with this? For the rest see my reply to Fish above.
In post 273, shaddowez wrote:As for voting for me, you don't even seem to pay attention to me until Babi mentions thinking I'm blue's partner, in the same post he claims.
You were a null read to me until your post which set off my scumdar as it seemed very non-committal. That's why I said what I did in my next post after that and then addressed it in more detail in my following post.

You're right about the roleblocker being able to submit both actions so ignore that point. I hadn't realised that had changed since I was last in a newbie game with a roleblocker.
In post 273, shaddowez wrote:As for my comments about your posts, there are two examples. The first is about the previous game with Fish, when Alina missed that you had inferred you were scum. You responded by saying you didn't think it mattered, then posted again to say that you had in fact inferred it. It's not a major thing, but it is a case of you not keeping your own facts in order.

The second is in regards to one of Fish's earlier posts directed at you. He asked you a two part question, to which you only answered one part. I failed at quoting the entire thing, but when I asked you about the part that you didn't answer, you responded by saying I quoted your answer, which was still only the one part.
For your first example, I don't have a photographic memory, nor do I keep that sort of thing in my notes, so when Alina asked me why I left it out I just made the point that it wasn't deliberate. On looking back for something else I saw that I had in fact said it so I commented on it. As to the second example, the answer to the first part of that question was implied in the answer to the second part. Neither of these back up your claim that "She also seems to read/write/remember what is convenient for her current post." so I can only conclude that I was right in thinking that it was just mudslinging.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:11 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

Pafience is key. I'm at page 8 and leaning huntress scum right now. Btw I've stopped reading hours ago.

@fish
whaaaaattt?

I understood you, yet I'm not sure what you want from me. :(

how does a townie normallly respond to being jailkept?

Or perhaps you're asking whether I can cc? In that case, no.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

The first one was a respond to alina.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:16 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 275, Alina wrote:I do think it's interesting
Huntress
never even once mentioned you until her post #214(her 16th post.) Now she seems to be onboard with you being
blueheaven's
scumbuddy, and is okay with lynching you too. Also, yesterday, she noted that "it's looking like
Andrew
and
Blueheaven
are the scum." Now, though,
Andrew
isn't scum and is just low hanging fruit. Switched up overnight.
I didn't mention Shaddowez earlier because I didn't find him scummy until he posted his reads. My calling Andrew scum was a kneejerk reaction to the hammer which I dropped in my next post, during twilight, not overnight.

I'm keeping my vote on hayatoBL for the time being as his first few posts do not look town.
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by Alina »

Yeah, at that point I was just trying to see if I was suspicious of you deep down or not, and at this point, I'm pretty sure you,
Clusk
and
Babi
are town, and I'm faiiiiirly sure
Formerfish
is town. I'm starting to want to lynch
Hayato
more than
Shaddowez
now.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”