DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:29 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 1448, Green Crayons wrote:UNVOTE: DGB

Don't know who to vote for. How disheartening.
I can't tempt you to vote for PJ? mathcam? STD?

Do you have reasons NOT to vote for UT or ABR?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:31 am

There is no point lynching Glork, unless he hasn't been NK'd by his game expiration date.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:02 am

Post by Glork »

In post 1449, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 1448, Green Crayons wrote:UNVOTE: DGB

Don't know who to vote for. How disheartening.
Glork.
You're pushing a case that you yourself admit is a "stretch" of a possibility.

Are you scum or just incapable of sound logic?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:07 am

Post by Porochaz »

Not very well atm. Ill try and make a proper post tomorrow.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:21 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 1423, undo wrote:I made that list to find and analyse NEW suspects. Why would I include mathcam if he was already on my suspect list?
Because if you're town, you're looking to find scum, not a nice group of suspects you can smear?
In post 1441, MrBuddyLee wrote:So if I don't want to vote Poro, PJ or STD today, and if a bunch of us have this nagging feeling that undo could just as easily be stubborn, dumbass town as stubborn dumbass scum, what's the play?
Still undo. Just look at what I just quoted; he's pretty much literally admitting he has no interest in finding scum.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:49 am

Post by undo »

In post 1427, Glork wrote:That said, I appreciate that he tried hard. I imagine it's fun going through all that formatting to make a pretty looking post that gets brought into question by a one-liner, an emoticon, and a snarky follow-up post.
Don't worry, I'm fairly used to make pretty looking posts and I like to do it. Also, that post wasn't exactly directed at you, so your reaction shouldn't make much difference. It actually comes as a bonus, because you saying my forth point is an "outright lie" only helps my case.
In post 1428, Glork wrote:Well crap.

Undo, if I may ask you one two-part question in complete good faith:

How exactly do you define "making a case" and why is the absence of "cases" an indicator of scumminess?
Making a case: to construct a sound, logically valid argumentation based on a personal intepretation of several verifiable game-facts and events.

As you know, it is difficult for scum to make solid cases based on thorough reads, because they already know the other player's alignments. It's much easier for scum to be around and vote for ad hoc reasons, as you do, since that doesn't involve analysing a person's play as a whole.
In post 1441, MrBuddyLee wrote: So if I don't want to vote Poro, PJ or STD today, and if a bunch of us have this nagging feeling that undo could just as easily be stubborn, dumbass town as stubborn dumbass scum, what's the play?
I know you are disappointed to realise your case against me wasn't as good and accurate as you thought, but resorting to name-calling makes you look sad and desperate.
In post 1454, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 1423, undo wrote:I made that list to find and analyse NEW suspects. Why would I include mathcam if he was already on my suspect list?
Because if you're town, you're looking to find scum, not a nice group of suspects you can smear?
Once again: I was looking to find scum among that group; I never said all scum was contained in that group, and I never said all my previous suspects were cleared.
Seriously, it's not rocket science. Not that hard to understand.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by Glork »

Okay, yeah, vote's not moving.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:19 pm

Post by Glork »

Not only is your definition of "make a case" inconsistent with your Point 1 and 4, but your definiton of what makes it scummy indicates that you should be looking at like half a dozen other players who have "failed to make a case" just as much as I have.

Instead, you're trying to cram an argument to fit where you want your vote to be. You're putting the cart before the horse. Even in your response to my question you tried to phrase it in a way that would champion your own argument. And that's a big ol' scumbaggo move.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:22 pm

@ undo

Please list all players that have failed to make a case, and tell us how this makes them scummy, or not.

Thanks!

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 1458, DrippingGoofball wrote:@ undo

Please list all players that have failed to make a case, and tell us how this makes them scummy, or not.

Thanks!
Bingo.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by chamber »

With that definition of a case I hope he lists everyone. What a terrible way to play.
Taking a break from the site.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by Glork »

That's the second half of it.

The first half is that I have posted the "argumentation" that resulted from at least four separate "personal interpretations" of players based on "verifiable in-game facts and events."

Yet he claims I did no such thing, and that I have only done it once on Day Two.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by Glork »

And actually, if you want to include cases FOR people in addition to ones AGAINST them, I'm pretty sure I interpreted Bookitty's, LML's, and DGB's play and presented argumentation supporting my analysis.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:19 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 1429, CrashTextDummie wrote:Sotty, I find your recent case against me fairly disturbing. Not so much that you're eyeballing me as a potential LML-buddy, but that you prepared this line of attack yesterday in the absence of an LML flip and under the pretense of "trying to get a read on Yos and [me]".
Actually I forgot about it until my re-read. I regret not following up on it in the moment.
In post 1429, CrashTextDummie wrote:You're right I didn't commit to an LML read. You are not right that I was "much ado about nothing where LML is concerned", I had him on my radar and my ISO reflects that. Please point out where my play was pro-LML (i.e. trying to help him out/trying to benefit from his lynch/trying in any way to push a scum agenda) or stop this nonsense.
I never said you were pro LML, just that you posted little about him before the hammer. There's a difference. I do appreciate the clarification RE: the differences between this game and the last though, that does make me feel a little bit better about that whole section of the game.
In post 1434, Glork wrote:The amount of defending I did towards LML (I even refer to myself as "The Whitest Knight" because I was so certain he'd flip town that I thought I'd come under suspicion for white knighting him) means that bus-vote or not, I was going to be suspected. If I were scum, there's nothing to gain by bus-voting him while continuing to protest. Literally every other option available to me is a better alternative.
This is pretty much my gut reaction to a lot of Glork's play. It just doesn't feel like a natural way for him to defend a buddy. Day one looks a lot like Glorktown getting it wrong.

DGB
- what moved me into the townie pile on your re-read? I see nothing that would bump me unless it is the early interactions I had with LML
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:28 pm

In post 1463, Sotty7 wrote:
DGB
- what moved me into the townie pile on your re-read? I see nothing that would bump me unless it is the early interactions I had with LML
(4) & (5) under your name.

Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:07 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1450, DrippingGoofball wrote:I can't tempt you to vote for PJ? mathcam? STD?

Do you have reasons NOT to vote for UT or ABR?
Just shooting from the hip:

PJ: I finally decided to put him under solid town after rereading D1. It's a mental roadblock to do a 180 and go ~*~ NOPE WRONG ~*~ that I would need to go and re-reread D1 to get past, barring some really scummy post yet to come.

mathcam: I'm pretty ambivalent about mathcam. I had a pretty solid town read on mafiaSSK, but mathcam has been present but pretty unobtrusive -- which strikes me as scummy, as it's allowing him to fly under the radar. Like, I don't remember how mathcam plays, but it really feels like he's making an effort not to play. So, I guess he's in my "would be willing to vote for" pile.

STD: Out of all of the options of who LML was bussing because LML has a Weird Thing About Being Right, I would guess STD. I remember lots of folks (myself included) saying that STD posting was super town, and just around that time LML was like "NOPE because of these horrible, horrible reasons!" and wouldn't let up. But that's really the only justification I can readily pull out of my butt to vote STD.

UT: Because he's playing town.

ABR: Because he's playing town. The only point that I think is valid is his jump off from the LML vote, but I don't see a reason not to take ABR's justification at face value -- that is, the rest of his play strikes me as town, so I don't have a reason to attribute it to scum motivation.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by mathcam »

GC wrote:it really feels like he's making an effort not to play.
Really? I feel like I've been one of the most active players today, and with reasonably content-filled posts. I think I'm more willing than most to say "I don't have a read on suchandsuch," but I wouldn't call that not playing. *shrug*
DGB wrote:There is no point lynching Glork, unless he hasn't been NK'd by his game expiration date.
Can someone explain this?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:15 pm

In post 1465, Green Crayons wrote:UT: Because he's playing town.

ABR: Because he's playing town.
How, exactly?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:16 pm

In post 1465, Green Crayons wrote:PJ: I finally decided to put him under solid town after rereading D1. It's a mental roadblock to do a 180 and go ~*~ NOPE WRONG ~*~ that I would need to go and re-reread D1 to get past, barring some really scummy post yet to come.
Why don't you read Day 2? Maybe then you'll see the light and vote him.

Please explain your town read.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:18 pm

In post 1466, mathcam wrote:Can someone explain this?
Glork is usually top priority for the NK.

Everyone should call him UNLYNCHABLE TOWN.

If he's still alive on Day 4 with everyone refusing to ever lynch him... he's scum!

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:56 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Not very impressed with DrippingGoofball's analysis, actually. From the looks of it, she starts with reads and then uses her reads to justify her reads while looking at vote counts and making statements about the make-up of those wagons (and the statements of the wagons are largely based on the reads she started with). It's largely circular.

1.)
In post 1441, MrBuddyLee wrote:I feel like PJ isn't having fun, which is weird considering we caught scum D1.
Then you don't remember me very well. I do not have fun in mafia games. Mafia is more of a chore for me than a game. I have had rather explicit discussions with you on this exact topic in the past.

Why would you think this game is fun for me? Why is it "weird" that it is not?

2.)
DrippingGoofball, I do not have time to attempt a full meta of you, nor did I claim I was trying to figure out your meta. My concern (and why I looked into that game) was whether you are willing to be so blatantly antitown and defensive of your scumpartners when you are scum -- and you are.

Nevertheless, I actually bothered looking into another game where you were Town tonight, Mini #1512, Bipolar Mafia. In it you claimed a player was a Cop (he was a Bodyguard) and suggested another player was a Mason (they were Mafia).

So apparently I pretty much dislike your play across the board.

3.)
It is Day Two and almost page
sixty
. This is disgraceful. Deadline is Saturday, but we do not have to wait until the Deadline to lynch people (
again
).

4.)
I do not like the attitude behind undo's posting, but I do not believe he is scum.

5.)
Glork, why are you
still
swearing? Do you feel like you swear more as Town or as Scum? It is not becoming.

6.)
In post 1440, Glork wrote:PJ, do you think that ABR and DGB are scum together?

Did you think this at the time you moved your vote from DGB to ABR?
I do not find the pairing particularly likely.

My votes today have not been born of whether living players might be partnered with each other. The only potential partnerships I am concerned with at the moment are whether players may have been partnered with LoudmouthLee. My suspicions are generally not interrelated. My Albert B. Rampage vote was placed a time where I thought the (unexplained) pressure might get a semi-informative reaction from Albert B. Rampage. I moved back to voting DrippingGoofball after reading through the latest and thinking she had the best likelihood of flipping scum.

7.)
chamber, what do you think of Porochaz's ?
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:01 pm

Post by Patrick »

SpyreX replaces inHimshallibe.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:03 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Sup everyone.

Unless there's something hugely pressing or shenanigans writ large I dont know about I'm gonna take a bit of time to catch up.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:20 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 1470, petroleumjelly wrote:7.) chamber, what do you think of Porochaz's Post #1212?
Very little.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:23 pm

Post by chamber »

I just never find posts like that very useful or convincing, I just gloss over when reading them a lot of the time unless there is something particularly egregious in them.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”