Open 560: Tit for Tat (Game Over, 4/12 alive)

Julatorium
Julatorium
Townie
Julatorium
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:12 am

Post by Julatorium »

Spoiler:
In post 249, T S O wrote:
In post 139, Julatorium wrote:
In post 138, T S O wrote:
In post 128, Julatorium wrote:1) To address the TSO post, we can talk about the "spirit of the game" nature of that play post-game.
Well, you can talk about it postgame, I guess - I have no intention of apologising for trolling, and although you seem to think it's outside "the spirit of the game"... I don't.
Wasn't looking for an apology, nor a discussion to prompt one. We've stated that it's a null-tell. It's your nature, so we can't use it to read you.
...what?

You said it required post-game discussion, I said it didn't, you said you weren't looking for a discussion?

What are you even doing?
In post 139, Julatorium wrote: Our quote wasn't about the content, or your vindication, it was about your nature. This is where you like to wallow. Therefore it can't be used.
Your quote should have been about the content. I enjoy, however, the fact that you are a rank hypocrite. You complain about the levels where the troll named TSO lurks, then post a link to a discussion which you now admit had no relevance other to ...slander my name? Your attempts to take the high moral ground makes me laugh.
TSO wrote:
In post 128, Julatorium wrote:We also don't agree with the statement from KB that TSO's demeanor changed at all, or that a perceived change even matters, because he had his role when he made the accusation. It would be different if he didn't have his role, made this play pre-roles, and acted different once the game started. Trolls be trolling.
Wow, lots of words, but no read at all! Trolling =/= scum.
That's right, and the statement is one regarding KB's views, not yours. Your reaction seems disproportionate to us. I thought you had some measure of pride in your trolling efforts?
Not particularly - I've never sold myself as a troll. You're the one who's pushing that I do.
TSO wrote:
In post 128, Julatorium wrote:2) Flavor response

Our daughter is going to 3rd grade ACE classes next year, and the kids will have to vote on what subjects they are taught. This is a laughable exercise, because the choices are going to be like... Dinosaurs and Mythical Creatures, or Art and Music appreciation. The classes are inevitably chosen by how many boys and girls are in the class that year.

That said, We dissonantly
choose A
based on rock paper scissors (good ol' rock!).
Yes, yes, you're very smart.
She is. We're proud parents.
Um, no. I never mentioned your daughter. You were the one who was flaunting how you feel the question is useless, before defeating the only purpose you could have for doing that by then participating in the question anyway.
In post 175, Justin Playfair wrote:
In post 100, T S O wrote:Do you think that scum normally do nothing?

Do you think that the more you do, the less likely scum you are?
Do you think scum frame questions so as to avoid the area where they perceive themselves to be vulnerable? I do. And the heart of what Krystal seemed to be trying to get at (Krystal, please correct me if I'm wrong) was the much milder tone you adopted as soon as the game began, as opposed to your previous more caustic behavior. Now I'm pretty old school but I do like inconsistent behavior within the same game as a possible indication that someone is scum.
My behaviour was inconsistent, yes, because that more "caustic tone" is not my usual. I adopted it solely for people who did and still do get on my nerves (shoutout to you, Julian!). It would be both unenjoyable for me and you if I were to continue to use it. You can simply use my meta to evidence the fact I'm generally a nice guy. I have mean-guy scumgames and towngames. I also have nice-guy scumgames and towngames.
In post 175, Justin Playfair wrote:
In post 121, T S O wrote:I was bored and decided to have some fun. It wasn't a reaction test, but it works better to say it's a reaction test than flat-out trolling. How would I reaction test people on something that's impossible?
Sure, it could be that. It could also be taking an opportunity to throw chaff into the air in an attempt to skew accurate reads on your behavior. That's the sort of thing good scum might do.
Am I good scum, though? Because if I'm bad scum, this argument falls to pieces.
In post 175, Justin Playfair wrote:And TSO? Thank you for this post. I feel like I know you so much better now.
You're welcome - it was enjoyable to show Julatorium why he was wrong. It still is.

But, let's be honest for a second here and I'll cut my condescending bullshit. Julatorium is either a prick, an idiot, or scum. He brought in a topic about verbal abuse, where I was the only example cited, and I was cited from only one game, where I was scum. He saw the quotes of me on the first damn page. Then he comes back, knowing that I can be aggressive and nasty as scum, knowing I'm being aggressive and nasty here, and what does he fucking do? Calls it a null tell! Where's the paranoia? That should set off the alarm bells in his head, because he knows I'm playing to relatively recent scum meta. But he doesn't. If he used that as a Town player should, in an attempt to figure out my alignment, he should be proclaiming wariness of me. He's not. He's probably scum.
In post 183, Krystal Bald wrote:
TSO wrote:You don't take motivation into account, and so your analysis is only surface-deep. Thus, people can easily fool you.
you are wrong with that, speaking on nik's behalf >:I
I disagree - motivation is the key to everything. Words are wind. Everything has a reason, everything is connected.

I would enjoy hearing how Nik scumhunts and pointing out how motivation could a) improve his method or b) factors in his method.

Town.
Juls and Moratorium
Hydraing in life since 2003
Julatorium
Julatorium
Townie
Julatorium
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:38 am

Post by Julatorium »

/out of game for a moment
This is Juls.
@TSO - I want to apologize for calling you an asshat. It was inappropriate and I have a quicker temper than my counterpart. I am the one who said we can have a "spirit of the game" conversation after the game. I meant we could have a discussion/debate about it because it is sort of a grey area. I did not intend to insinuate that you did anything wrong but I think talking about it now is a theory discussion not a game discussion. We got off on the wrong foot and I don't want this whole game to be you attacking us because you don't like me. If it's going to be that I would just rather replace out because I'm just not going to enjoy the game. So hopefully from this point forward we can have a civil discourse throughout the game.

/back to the game
Juls and Moratorium
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:07 am

Post by T S O »

I'm cool with that.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:53 am

Post by Justin Playfair »

In post 238, Krystal Bald wrote:i can't read justin's posts, ie walls. they are mind numbing.

I'm sorry you don't like walls. I can certainly see how spamming the thread with walls of countless nearly content free posts would be better.

I mean you get to display your avatar so many times.

By the way you might want to meta Not_Mafia before you go too far down the path you're headed. He may be town or he may be scum but the stuff you've pointed to so far is his meta for both.

Hope that was short enough for you.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:17 am

Post by Malakittens »

Hey you. That's her playstyle leave it alone. It's a lot easier than reading walls, tbh.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:24 am

In post 254, Malakittens wrote:Hey you. That's her playstyle leave it alone. It's a lot easier than reading walls, tbh.
I apologize for responding to being insulted.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:09 am

In post 247, Julatorium wrote:We think you are town.

Thank you. I won't ask you a question about this as it would probably be irrelevant, but if I had been going to it would be along the lines of what have I done that makes you think this. I would then ask you what in the TSO post that you quoted made you label him as town. Instead I'll just go straight to the part where I consider this the most scummy defensive thing I've yet seen done by anyone in this thread.
In post 247, Julatorium wrote:Engaging you is zero fun.
And I was having such fun chatting. Oh well...
In post 247, Julatorium wrote:Town who doesn't vote.
Oh I vote. I just wait until I see someone do something that I just can't figure out any town reason for that someone to do. Like slapping down town reads on me and TSO under the conditions in which you did.

Vote: Julatorium

See?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:10 am

Post by T S O »

this guy is very town.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Julatorium
Julatorium
Townie
Julatorium
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:32 am

Post by Julatorium »

TSO was misunderstanding what we were saying somewhat, and responding emotionally. He was responding to perceived attacks that weren't necessarily there, but we actually think that makes him more town. It doesn't read as manufactured.

You, on the other hand, are not catching our sarcasm. You appear to want hgh to defend himself, and coached him as to why. Your questions (RVS vs. null, pressurevote vs. scumread) are probes on our state of mind, but then you are just refuting our state of mind (poppycock) even though it's perfectly sound. Voting someone for having a townread is just... odd, but we'll assume you are voting for the lack of explanation, which also seems a stretch in this fluff game with half the players saying very little. Why is our earlier lack of town explanation different than, say, TSO's #257? Or KB's various #238 reads?

We're still waiting on HGH to explain what he is doing. His withdrawal says more than his posts do.
Juls and Moratorium
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:44 am

In post 258, Julatorium wrote:We're still waiting on HGH to explain what he is doing. His withdrawal says more than his posts do.
Thanks for answering one of those irrelevant questions I asked you.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:00 am

In post 258, Julatorium wrote:Why is our earlier lack of town explanation different than, say, TSO's #257? Or KB's various #238 reads?
Really?

Because TSO had most recently called you scum and I had most recently questioned you, though apparently irrelevantly. And then, out of everyone in town you labelled both of us as town. It's not the lack of explanation, though perhaps a convincing argument would have ameliorated to some degree how I felt about what you had done. It's the conditions under which the posts were made, as I already posted. Those town reads under those conditions speak to intentions. And the intentions aren't town.
Julatorium
Julatorium
Townie
Julatorium
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:06 am

Post by Julatorium »

#247 is not calling you town. We are not town reading you. You are not being read as town. Usted no está siendo leído como ciudad. Vous ne semblez pas être un villageois.

We apologize for calling your posts irrelevant.
Juls and Moratorium
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:23 am

No apology necessary. It's sort of fun to work it into things. So then are you now portraying your post #247 as some sort of passive aggressive, not brave enough to really commit attempt to portray me as scum?
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:39 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 245, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 243, xfdagentx42 wrote:Btw, I wasnt really paying attention to that thing (pregame nonsense), so I had to go RV. But oh well.
And, I wonder if Scum can
take control of Day as well. They'd talk about who to lynch secretly,
then they go on together. But I dont think its true, cuz people will obvs call that scum. Anyway, wake's post didnt sound really nice. Dont understand it.
The bold is a townslip. What do you mean exactly by it not sounding nice?
Yes but it could be a well placed townslip at that. Doesn't prove much and with people calling not_mafia scum yet no votes land on him..Any reasoning why?

Other then the fact scum would find it easy pickings to get rid of one of their own for town cred and even then when the vote count shows back up and look at how quick the wagon grew.

Krystal - Whats your opinion on walls?
And the multi posting just shows someone was reading the game. I don't mind it but with who its coming from it just fluffs their post count up some more. Woo.

Wake88 - Not much going on lots of townreads not mafia is scum.

xkljsdjklxjklxkl- Yes i know that's not your name but why the vote?

Also if not mafia is scum why would he point out a townslip? What good would that do for him?

I like TSO's wall shows town to me and makes Julie look like just about everyone else in this game.
Full Of Fluff

Keynote:
/out of game for a moment - Thats a waste of a post.

Hey look Mala's already buddying hard. Are there neighbors in the game? Because I think we can say Mala and Krystal are. (Thats a joke)

If anyone calls Jules town at this moment I want single word answer why right now because reading their posts just makes me question everything. Its a hydra that seems to have no idea whats going on and makes bad cases. And on top of that to boot I like this vote VOTE: Julatorium

So whats with the wagon on HGH? Im not seeing it thru a small ISO since hes posted oh so much

(invalid vote format found)
Last edited by uctriton00 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:18 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Vote Count 1.3

Elmo TeH AzN (0) =
HGH7193 (4) = Not_Mafia Julatorium insanity018 xfdagentx42
insanity018 (0) =
Julatorium (1) = JustinPlayfair
Justin Playfair (0) =
Krystal Bald (1) = Riddleton
Malakittens (0) =
Not_Mafia (1) = KrystalBald
Riddleton (1) = HGH7193
T S O (0) =
Wake88 (1) = TSO
xfdagentx42 (1) = Malakittens

Not voting = Wake88 ElmoTeHAzN

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is on (expired on 2014-07-05 01:30:00)
Tat Stevens stared blankly at xfd. "Well, xfd, if you can't come up with any city, I'll just pick one. We're going to Las Vegas!" Everyone in the room began fist bumping immediately. Like bros.

"Ok guys, we need to get ready for the trip. I'm going to pack my bags, but you six need to pack your own stuff. There's a limit to our cars, so we won't get to carry everything we want. I'm going to limit it to 3 items max. The clothes you are currently wearing right now don't count towards your 3 items."

"In addition, choose which are you want to ride in. I will be driving the first car, Car A, and can take 3 extra people. The other three of you will be in the other car, Car B, driven by yourselves."

xfdagentx42, TSO, Riddleton, HGH7193, NotMafia, and Julatorium

- List (3) items you will bring with you on the road trip to add to your inventory.
- Select Car A or Car B.

"Also the town owes uctriton an apology for throwing him under the bus." - RXK
"I hate whoever shot triton." - Bumi
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:23 am

Post by T S O »

CAR B.

A pipe, marijuana for having a good time and cocaine for ruining people's lives.
-Marquis
HGH7193
HGH7193
Townie
HGH7193
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:05 pm

Post by HGH7193 »

Car a gun phone and a tent
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:14 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 243, xfdagentx42 wrote: Anyway, wake's post didnt sound really nice.
:?
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:58 pm

Post by Riddleton »

In Brief

-I think thew bandwagon against HGH is pointless. He's just posted a list of who he thinks if mafia, albiet an uninformed one. Lack of reasoning doesn't indicate he's scummy unless he's a particularly bad player.
-I still would like to assert Krystan Bald is mafia.

Will post more later on. Tired now.

[hr]

Flavour

-3 large bags each full of stuff inside. OK, seriously: Wallet, Mobile Phone, Nintendo 3DS
-Car B.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:07 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 263, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:Hey look Mala's already buddying hard. Are there neighbors in the game? Because I think we can say Mala and Krystal are. (Thats a joke)
We are masons.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:38 am

Post by insanity018 »

I'm not sure what to think of Julatorium atm but I definitely agree with this:
In post 258, Julatorium wrote: We're still waiting on HGH to explain what he is doing. His withdrawal says more than his posts do.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:53 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 270, insanity018 wrote:I'm not sure what to think of Julatorium atm but I definitely agree with this:
In post 258, Julatorium wrote: We're still waiting on HGH to explain what he is doing. His withdrawal says more than his posts do.
I think everyone in this game is....
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:36 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 263, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:Yes but it could be a well placed townslip at that.
True but I don't think he's the type of player to drop a 'townslip'
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Julatorium
Julatorium
Townie
Julatorium
Townie
Townie

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:04 am

Post by Julatorium »

OK, so from this point forward, post 8 should be disregarded. This is Juls. I have some rather strong opinions about hydras and I wanted us to present ourselves as a single entity. Here's the problem: hydraing is hard. Moratorium and I have very different playstyles and add on top of that the fact that we are married (i.e., we will tell each other like it is forgoing the pleasantries) has made for what you see in this thread. A hydra trying to be something it's not. I wanted Moratorium to be the sole poster with me supplementing with my reads. Except what it is turning into is Moratorium saying a mish-mash of our thoughts in his words and something is getting lost in translation. So, we are flipping this thing on its head and going to try it the other way. I am going to post and he is going to give me thoughts. He is welcome to come in at any time and post though. We probably still won't sign but you will likely know who is who.

So this is where we are:

Town:

T S O
- The interactions with us pre-game seemed to come from a townie place.

Not_Mafia
- I have been primarily reading him as town. Moratorium is indifferent. Post 50 is in line with our thoughts regarding T S O. Post 75 reads as a properly placed pressure vote. Also, his post 272 shows a town thought process.

Riddleton
- We have already discussed this but he is pretty much newb-telling hard. It's not us trying to be insulting, it's just how we are reading it. Attempting to buck site meta just comes off as newb-town to us.

Null:

Justin Playfair
- We are not calling him town, we are not calling him scum. There is no passive agression here. His post 175 was very townie to us but we didn't like the coaching in post 203 or his nitpicking of everything we are saying. The latter we are trying to determine if we think that is scum-motivated or town-motivated. The long and short of it is that we just aren't comfortable with him yet.

Krystal Bald
- I was leaning town early but some things have seemed to be buddying like here and here but we aren't ready to make an alignment call just yet.

Wake88
- At first we thought Tammy/Mala could be scum together because the argument felt manufactured. But the fact that Tammy replaced out (i.e., followed through with the threat) makes us think she just didn't want to play without SKrew and did manufacture the argument but just for different reasons than we initially thought.

xfdagentx42
- Honestly, I had to look this person up to remember anything about them. That is how unmemorable this slot has been. The only thing of note is the random vote. Otherwise, this slot is completely unremarkable.

Scum:

Malakittens
- Her play is completely off to us. Both of us have played recent games with her, she was town in both of them. Her reaction testing of Tammy feels contrived. The fact that she has explicitly referred to herself as "town" here, here, and here is also coming off as odd/unnatural.

Elmo TeH AzN
- We feel like his vote on us looks like an attempt to grab onto Justin and T S O's agressive playstyles toward us and says nothing about our alignment while calling us scum. Why do we have "no idea" of what is going on? What cases are bad? How are either alignment indicative?

insanity018
- Read her ISO, this is just fluffity fluff fluff with some questions sprinkled in. Moratorium describes it as "inoffensive beige questions that will quickly be forgotten" and I think that pretty much sums it up perfectly.

HGH7193
- HGH is a difficult read for us. We hated the list and his responses to our questioning about the list. And he hasn't done anything that seems town at all. We have struggled with if we should remove our vote or not since he now just seems to be trolling. Our vote was indeed for pressure but it's not working and we have developed more reads but then he hasn't really answered us so....we don't know what to do here. We could really use some help from town in figuring this guy out.

With all that being said....
VOTE: Malakittens
Juls and Moratorium
Julatorium
Julatorium
Townie
Julatorium
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:22 am

Post by Julatorium »

Flavor:
Car B (a canteen of water, a flare gun, and a book on counting cards)
Juls and Moratorium

Return to “Completed Open Games”