Mini 1582: Formerfish's First Foray (Game Over)

massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:26 am

Post by massive »

ILF, I really want you to be town. I have a soft spot in my heart for newbies. But honestly, every time you post, I just get more and more convinced you're scum.

It would have been very easy to answer Octopus's question. So easy I almost answered it for you! "I found Boon suspicious when I voted for him, but now as the game has progressed, I no longer lean either way." Simple! But instead you give us a dance about how now you're leaning BACK towards him being scum
despite him not posting between when you gave him a "null" pass (#183) and now
... I just, I just don't know.

So let me see if I can ask some questions to better understand:

1. You said your NULL on Boon was because you figured his vote was either random or following Grib. (#183) What's making you lean towards scum between then and now?

2. Now that you're leaning scum on Boon, does that make him a better or worse lynch candidate than bjc, who is just frustrating?

3. Drew-sta (#27) and theelkspeaks (#28) hammer on you for your first vote. You are clearly frustrated with them at that point. What has moved them from either frustrating (or scum purposefully frustrating) then, to town now?

Honestly, the thing you have going for you is the sincerity of your anger in and around #30-#60 and that's about it from my view. That (to me) is hard to fake. But you need to realize that, in this game, your words are going to get twisted and shoved back at you, and that's what wins or loses the game -- and it will take a while, but you've got to learn to differentiate between what's "poor reading comprehension" and what's willful misrepresentation.

bjc
: Why the switch from Oka to shiny?

shinyskarmory
: Why no vote in #194? You said in #186 that you were looking for specific things from Oka or you would vote. #194 makes it pretty clear that you didn't get what you wanted from him. Where's the follow-through?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:51 am

Post by Boonskiies »

My initial vote was completely random.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:09 am

Post by Shinobi »

VOTE: massive

I hate that last post. It's hard for me to vocalize. I'll probably put it to words when I get the chance.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:38 am

Post by massive »

I would definitely be curious what finally got you to vote, seeing as you haven't done much since random-voting bjc back on page 1.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
shinyskarmory
shinyskarmory
Townie
shinyskarmory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by shinyskarmory »

In post 196, Octopus wrote:
@ILF:
Thanks for clearing that up, makes sense.
In post 183, I Love Fairies wrote: ... I don't know how likely a jester actually is, would someone with more experience tell me how likely it is we have a jester?
Jester is considered to be a bastard role on this site, the chances of it being used in a normal game are close to non-existent.

@shinysk:
I asked you a question in #119 can you answer it please.
What kind of expansion do you want on that logic?

I already said that my logic on that front was meta based, and that I thought it would be unlikely that there'd be a mafia role with the ability to "clean" itself to the village in a Normal game.

I guess I don't understand what kind of expansion you want on that front
In post 200, massive wrote:ILF, I really want you to be town. I have a soft spot in my heart for newbies. But honestly, every time you post, I just get more and more convinced you're scum.

It would have been very easy to answer Octopus's question. So easy I almost answered it for you! "I found Boon suspicious when I voted for him, but now as the game has progressed, I no longer lean either way." Simple! But instead you give us a dance about how now you're leaning BACK towards him being scum
despite him not posting between when you gave him a "null" pass (#183) and now
... I just, I just don't know.

So let me see if I can ask some questions to better understand:

1. You said your NULL on Boon was because you figured his vote was either random or following Grib. (#183) What's making you lean towards scum between then and now?

2. Now that you're leaning scum on Boon, does that make him a better or worse lynch candidate than bjc, who is just frustrating?

3. Drew-sta (#27) and theelkspeaks (#28) hammer on you for your first vote. You are clearly frustrated with them at that point. What has moved them from either frustrating (or scum purposefully frustrating) then, to town now?

Honestly, the thing you have going for you is the sincerity of your anger in and around #30-#60 and that's about it from my view. That (to me) is hard to fake. But you need to realize that, in this game, your words are going to get twisted and shoved back at you, and that's what wins or loses the game -- and it will take a while, but you've got to learn to differentiate between what's "poor reading comprehension" and what's willful misrepresentation.

bjc
: Why the switch from Oka to shiny?

shinyskarmory
: Why no vote in #194? You said in #186 that you were looking for specific things from Oka or you would vote. #194 makes it pretty clear that you didn't get what you wanted from him. Where's the follow-through?
I said I was going to give oka some time (24-36 hours IIRC) to post good content before I voted him. It hasn't been quite that long yet.

If he hasn't posted some actual content by the time I go to bed my vote will go on.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Vote Count 1.8

OkaPoka
- massive, Grib, Grib, Drew-Sta (L-3)
bjc- I Love Fairies, Boonskiies, OkaPoka (L-4)
I Love Fairies- theelkspeaks (L-5)
theelksspeaks- KittyMo (L-6)
Boonskiies- Octopus (L-6)
Shinyskarmory- bjc (L-6)
Massive- Shinobi (L-6)

Not Voting: shinyskarmory

theelkspeaks has been prodded.

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes for a lynch
(expired on 2014-07-03 00:22:00)
Last edited by Formerfish on Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:10 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

And my Shinobi scumdar has just shined a bright red light unless he can give a good reason for that massive vote.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:12 pm

Post by bjc »

You're all scum.
"
I am literally panicking right now because
I'm a fucking VT
and it really looks like I'm gonna get lynched and that scares me. I'd like to survive past Day 1.
"
-The great LeMidget
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:13 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Although I am willing to just policy lynch Bjc.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:17 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Wait. Shinyskarmory, bjc isn't producing much content and you aren't calling him out.

????

Such confusion.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:35 pm

Post by Grib »

@ILF

I think his lynch isn't worth it toDay (inb4 wine and he's a scum mastermind). bjc is deliberately drawing attention to himself with his whole shtick, so. I'm not inclined to jump onto his wagon like opportunistic scumbags (not pointing any fingers cough cough) looking for kindergarten-level easy justification. Why are you asking me specifically what I think of the wagon? Also answer my question in .

And I seriously don't buy that bjc is your only scumread. Tell me what you think of Oka, since his wagon tops yours and bjc's. Also why are you making up your own answers for why I voted Kitty a thousand years ago when prompted by other people instead of asking me directly what my motivation was? I imagine it was pretty obvious (and mostly irrelevant now), but I can explain if you really want to know.

@Shinobi

Hey there. How's it going. I'm really looking forward to your reasoning on that vote right thar. Spoiler: short of a scumslip, massive isn't getting lynched toDay, so you'd better deliver something magnificent.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:41 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Dear thread, if you are someone that is legit trying to policy lynch someone while doing fuck all else, you are (a) lazy and (b) wasting everybody's time.

boon - How about you make some attempt to refute massive's case against you rather than posting all these needless one liners? Or are you just hoping people will get distracted by other shiny objects and forget about it? Like, clearly you're reading his posts if you care enough to comment about Shinobi's vote.

I think Oka's scum. It rubs me the wrong way that he made a lot of "lol RVS" empty posts without really
doing
RVS. Like he made a show of being "random" and flipping around votes without actually being jokey and without actually analyzing/getting reads. Several more empty posts about wanting to "focus on Grib" without questioning him at all; his attacks on BJC/Boon leave something to be desired; not liking his strawman defense; I find it hard to believe (as in #191) that he apparently actually thinks he's being cooperative and productive - people like Shinobi and bjc know and admit they're being frustratingly vague and it reads as way more genuine.

Oka - Please justify your BJC vote and explain the development of your Boon read throughout the game. And please actually answer my question this time, thanks.

unvote; vote Oka
(L-2); wish elk would post. (Due for a prod in less than an hr btw Fishy)
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:45 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Hey skarmory, can you justify the 24-36 hour stated time frame you gave Oka before voting him? Did you expect him as scum to be less likely to follow through on your questioning with you having outright stated that ultimatum? Cuz idgi

Btw while I'm curious why Shinobi voted massive, I think he has balls for voting a p unviable lynch and don't understand why anyone's auto-scumreading him for it?
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:18 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Lack of time allows me really to only make one line comments. I'm busy throughout the day due to an internship. When I have time I shall post my more explicit thoughts. Plus, my one liners get reactions, a la yours.
Shinobi has been my main scum read throughout this game, so that is my main reason for seeing it on the scummy side.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
shinyskarmory
shinyskarmory
Townie
shinyskarmory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:21 pm

Post by shinyskarmory »

In post 209, OkaPoka wrote:Wait. Shinyskarmory, bjc isn't producing much content and you aren't calling him out.

????

Such confusion.
I have no problem pressuring bjc, but since I only have one vote, I can't vote both you and him at the same time. Guess I'll just have to settle for you because I gave you a decent time frame to post something good and you just keep taking sarcastic shots without any content.
In post 212, KittyMo wrote:Hey skarmory, can you justify the 24-36 hour stated time frame you gave Oka before voting him? Did you expect him as scum to be less likely to follow through on your questioning with you having outright stated that ultimatum? Cuz idgi

Btw while I'm curious why Shinobi voted massive, I think he has balls for voting a p unviable lynch and don't understand why anyone's auto-scumreading him for it?
I wanted to make sure oka had time to actually sit down, read through someone's stuff in ISO or in the actual thread, and make a good post. It definitely takes time to do good reads.

Since it's been a day or so and he hasn't done it, VOTE: OkaPoka
In post 207, bjc wrote:You're all scum.
Grib, would you be in for a double lynch on Oka and bjc?

Worst case scenario, we lose two villagers who weren't contributing anything anyways.
shinyskarmory
shinyskarmory
Townie
shinyskarmory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:24 pm

Post by shinyskarmory »

Also, my math puts oka at L-1, nobody else vote him until we get either

A. a claim
B. a decision regarding double lynch vs. single lynch
C. another refusal to post reads/analysis
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:26 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 168, KittyMo wrote:uh so there's 12 players and 13 votes counting grib's 2 which is not enough to doublehammer (can't have 2 people with 7 votes on them simultaneously.) there has to be an odd number of people alive for that to work. I actually already got mod confirmation that doublehammering is possible though a couple of days ago; just wasn't relevant to bring up. perhaps that's part of why this is 12p and not 13p

"plz don't swear" -- N
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:34 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I actually don't have a scum read on skarmory, and OkaPoka is just 'okay, WTF' for me. Can someone explain why you think OkaPoka is scum, other than the fact of RV?

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:50 pm

Post by Grib »

ty Kitty.

Also I'm giving bjc the BOTD and, barring evidence to the contrary, will assume he's town!trolling for reactions, which. I can roll with. So I won't be voting for him.

@Boonskiies

About Oka: Uh. Why don't you tell me? Oh, wait, you already did.
In post 111, Boonskiies wrote:
VOTE: OkaPoka

Everyone of his posts were him trying to bring focus on Grib, who is seemingly a role with two votes, and the rest has been him changing who he had been voting for. I'll ease up on Shinobi for now.
In post 115, Boonskiies wrote:Well, he keeps trying to put Grib on the spot. If Grib is town, we obviously want to keep him because of the second vote. Other than that, I don't think anyone else is outstandingly scummy. It doesn't make sense for a townie to lynch a town role with two votes.
What I want to know is why you jump from Oka to bjc, aka Easiest (Mis?)Lynch Ever, Even Though He May Be A PR, That's Not Really Something You Want To Immediately Eliminate From The Game. That's like, the same reason people are giving Oka shit.

Also I'd really like it if you walked me through your scumreads on ILF and Shinobi > suddenly Oka vote! > super subtle shift to massive, whoops you don't even share your own opinion on him > practically throwing yourself onto bjc, eating up his troll bait like it's your job > back to scum!Shinobi! Except you're not doing anything about it? > now you're confused on whether or not Oka is scum, even though. You were voting for him just a while ago. And I don't think he's really done anything to town it up between then and now.
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:23 pm

Post by bjc »

vote: Oka
LOL #YOLO
"
I'm a fucking VT
and it really looks like I'm gonna get lynched and that scares me. I'd like to survive past Day 1.
"
-The great LeMidget
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by bjc »

Vig don't think about shooting me tonight.
"
I'm a fucking VT
"
-The great LeMidget
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:27 pm

Post by bjc »

BTW some if/then for you guys, considering scum will probably NK me...

IF Oka flips town > Shiny is conf scum.
IF Oka flips scum > Shiny probscum.
"
I'm a fucking VT
"
-The great LeMidget
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:37 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Vote Count 1.9

OkaPoka
- massive, Grib, Grib, Drew-Sta, KittyMo, shinyskarmory, bjc (
Lynch!
)
bjc- I Love Fairies, Boonskiies, OkaPoka (L-4)
I Love Fairies- theelkspeaks (L-5)
Boonskiies- Octopus (L-6)
Massive- Shinobi (L-6)

Not Voting: No One!

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes for a lynch.

A lynch has occurred!

OkaPoka has been lynched, he was a
Vanilla Townie
!

Night begins now and will last 48 hours.
If you have an action, please send it in to me before the countdown expires. If you have an action and do not wish to use it, please send me a message saying that.

(expired on 2014-06-27 23:35:00)

Due to unfortunate circumstances KittyMo has requested replacement.

Fat_Tony replaces KittyMo effective immediately.
Last edited by Formerfish on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:40 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Please note. Flavor is for entertainment purposes only and has nothing to do with the game state, or mechanics. Again, the flavor is solely for entertainment purposes.

As night descended each of our players went their own way. Some chose to lay low, waiting for daylight to break. Others decided that they wanted to control their own destiny and went looking for those who wish them dead. A few had much more devious plans for the evening.

A warehouse stands at the edge of town, towering ominously over all that you can see. It is here that two of our players have crossed paths. Each man slowly walked towards the other, sizing up the other as they came closer and closer. It became quickly apparent that these men were not on the same side, and that only one of them would be walking out of the warehouse that night.

With a quickness that deceived the naked eye the two men begin to throw a flurry of fists, feet, elbows and knees. Neither man landed a blow; easily parrying the other mans attempts. Each man was as skilled as the other, and they both knew that this would not end quickly, or without a good amount of pain being inflicted on each combatant. One man ran towards the other but veered off at the last second. He launched himself into the air, running along the wall using it to propel him towards the other landing a solid kick to the opposition’s face, knocking out teeth and spraying blood into the air in a fine mist. The kick was followed up with a spinning backhand to the other side of the man’s face, spraying even more blood into the air. As the wounded man struggled to get his bearings his assailant wasted no time. Lashing out with a lightening quick kick to the inside of the leg the aggressor knocked the other man to the ground. Wobbling back and forth the man knew he had been beaten, but he refused to give the other the satisfaction of begging for his life. He knew that his struggle would only give hope to those who will miss him. He raised his head in defiance and saw the open palm coming up and in to crush his nose and push the cartilage into the brain killing him instantly. The other man muttered something under his breath that would understood to be a farewell to a worthy opponent.

The sun eventually rose, and not everyone was accounted for. The group split up and scoured the area to see where their missing members were.
Shinobi was found dead in the warehouse, beaten to a bloody pulp and laid out ceremoniously in obvious reverence.
While his death was being lamented by those who found him another group was making a commotion across town.
shinyskarmory had been found dead in an alley with his throat slit from ear to ear.

Shinobi,
Town 2-Shot Hider
was killed.

Shinyskarmory,
Vanilla Townie
was killed.

Day starts now.

With 9 alive it will take 5 votes for a lynch.

Your time starts now, and will last 14 days.
(expired on 2014-07-11 23:35:00)
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:43 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 111, Boonskiies wrote:
VOTE: OkaPoka

Everyone of his posts were him trying to bring focus on Grib, who is seemingly a role with two votes, and the rest has been him changing who he had been voting for. I'll ease up on Shinobi for now.
In post 115, Boonskiies wrote:Well, he keeps trying to put Grib on the spot. If Grib is town, we obviously want to keep him because of the second vote. Other than that, I don't think anyone else is outstandingly scummy. It doesn't make sense for a townie to lynch a town role with two votes.
So yeah let's be careful with leaving the hammer up to unreliable and unpredictable players.

The wagon + NK's are hurting me. I'll be back after I've slept and cleared my mind.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”