Newbie 1504: The Weakest Link (Game over!)

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:57 am

Post by Cabd »

Votecount 2-5

With 7 players alive, it will take 4 votes to lynch or no lynch.

Bins (2): Ms. Marangal, Malakittens (L-2)
Gameplay506 (2): Not_Mafia, Bins (L-2)

Players Not Voting (3): Gameplay506, Corrino, fferyllt

Deadline: (expired on 2014-06-29 20:45:19)
Last edited by Cabd on Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:01 am

Post by fferyllt »

cheater
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:04 am

Post by Bins »

Oh, haha. Then I'm happy where my vote is currently placed.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:26 am

Post by gameplay506 »

So before somebody else whines about my activity I will answer Bins question. At the moment I am most suspicious of Mala and possibly NM. I don't like Mala's place in both Spandex's wagon and Bin's wagon and some of NM's arguments in his case and even his whole tunnel agaisnt me seem off. About my other reads - ffery and Mara lean town to me. Ffery's posts are logical and I like her thought process. Also since she replaced she has beem trying to catch scum and invested the most effort from all of us in this. Mara hasn't given me anything to scum read her about ( maybe only the Spandex vote ) and eventhough she hasn't been very active I don't feel like her posts are coming from a scum's mind. Corinno is a null. Vida's slot is so-so.
Now I am going to sleep and tomorrow I will give more info on my reads.
Corrino
Corrino
Townie
Corrino
Townie
Townie

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:38 pm

Post by Corrino »

gameplay I just don't get why you got so defensive all of a sudden why not just post something instead of just blowing up at Mafia.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 473, Bins wrote:How are you so sure?
Very sure.
In post 474, fferyllt wrote:probably because "well played mafia and "ffery" have no business in the same paragraph.
Lol. You kid, you kid.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:53 pm

Post by Malakittens »

So same question I asked Corrino -- gameplay why aren't you voting anyone?
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:52 pm

Post by Malakittens »

so, i'm gonna unvote cuz somehow I like bins, what about you fery?

UNVOTE: bns

though i feel like if game was scum he'd have hammered bins already, so either hes town or hes scum w/ bins. :\

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:29 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Liking Bin's catch-up post, I don't think scum are going to come in with only one scumread and a very defined set of possible teams based on Gameplay's flip and limit her options like that, unless she's only looking to get past today and just take the bullet in LYLO, but her posts give me the impression she has some offsite experience and that she would know better. Gameplay's recent reactions are more in line with what I'd expect from him as town, I'm tentative to let go of that scumread though because it took so long to get to that point.

I could flashwagon Corrino if there's enough support.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:02 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 482, Malakittens wrote:so, i'm gonna unvote cuz somehow I like bins, what about you fery?

UNVOTE: bns

though i feel like if game was scum he'd have hammered bins already, so either hes town or hes scum w/ bins. :\
I like the response too. It requires a massive rethink about this game, though.

You still subscribe to your inexperienced scum theory?

Idic
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:36 am

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 481, Malakittens wrote:So same question I asked Corrino -- gameplay why aren't you voting anyone?
I just didn't like any of the wagons that formed and I wanted to take my time and re-read the game and form a clearer view of the players. As I said I had only minor leads and placing my vote somewhere where I wasn't sure was just stupid.
In post 479, Corrino wrote:gameplay I just don't get why you got so defensive all of a sudden why not just post something instead of just blowing up at Mafia.
I responded to an accusation. I also didn't like most of NM's arguments especially the meta thing and I didn't want to leave it like that.

Moving to my vote.

So as I mentioned my two scum reads are Mala and NM. The main thing I didn't like about NM was some of the arguments that he used in his case against me as mentioned above. But while I was re-reading I stumbled across Mala's voting history and her positions in the wagons and I didn't like them at all. So first of all Spandex's wagon. In post and Mala claims that the scum team is BE/Spandex and in post she places a vote on Spandex by saying that she wants to check something. I want to highligh that her vote is based on the assertion of BE/Spandex being a scum team. But after ffery replaces in and posts her arguments on why BE might be town and Mala says in post that she is thinks that BE is town after all. Yet her vote stays on Spandex. Another thing is that how she doesn't mention the wagon at all. It really makes me feel like she ignored her Spandex vote on purpose while in the meantime waiting for a better target to emerge. Her vote on me was quite contradicting her post and post in which she states that she gets town vibes from me. Those two posts were the last thing she said about me on day 1 and that's why I find her vote to be off. Same with Bins's wagon. Her vote makes me feel like she doesn't want to get into needless discussion on her Bins's read and just looks like she is trying to get into that wagon without drawing too much attention to herself. Also on day 2 she hasn't done much except being lazy and asking few questions ( 2-3 I guess). It's like she just wants to place votes and do nothing more. Also I don't get her theory about scum being in amongt the inexperienced players. It is fully based on activity and in the beginning she states that activity isn't indicative ( more exactly the thing that makes me think so is her answer to the 3rd RVS question ( 3. what's your policy on lurkers and liars? ). I don't have much more to say. I will have a look again at her posts and post if I don't like something else.

VOTE: Malakittens
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:34 am

Post by Cabd »

Votecount 2-6

With 7 players alive, it will take 4 votes to lynch or no lynch.

Bins (1): Ms. Marangal (L-3)
Gameplay506 (2): Not_Mafia, Bins (L-2)
Malakittens (1): gameplay506 (L-3)

Players Not Voting (3): Corrino, fferyllt, Malakittens

Deadline: (expired on 2014-06-29 20:45:19)
Last edited by Cabd on Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:23 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Ugh I mean post not 311.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:24 am

Post by gameplay506 »

*not 331
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:32 am

Post by Bins »

In post 485, gameplay506 wrote:
Also I don't get her theory about scum being in amongt the inexperienced players.
I hate to admit it but I'm starting to see this as well. I think scum may be more experienced because everyone has defended someone this game and everyone has done at least one thing to make them seem towny to me.

Corrino: Defended Tyrouh, Spandex. Spandex especially because it was such an easy lynch for a scum to wagon onto. Didn't hammer.

Not_Mafia: Didn't hammer me, legit seems to be trying to scumhunt and has (arguable but still) pretty strong points against gameplay.

Gameplay: Didn't hammer me.

Ffery: Defended BE. Took vote off of me to prevent quick hammer. Medea was pretty town, questioning the Spandex wagon.

Mara: Stupidly confident with her vote against me -- doesn't seem like a scum thing to do.

Mala: Seemed pretty upset (Not just a "no", more like a "NO NO NO NO") with the constant suggestion of a No Lynch.

I don't think Mala comes off as that scummy though. This is mainly a gut feeling, I'll admit, but she seems to be legitimately reacting to everything that is happening and placing votes where she honestly thinks they lie best. She even gave reasons to why the biggest wagon currently (gameplay) might not be scum. Her votes at the beginning don't make me that uncomfortable. I feel like wagon jumping at the start of the game helps get discussion going, which I feel she could be doing.

-- btw I went to the Doctor's today and they're fairly certian I have mono so I'm going to be getting a lot of rest when I can. I'll also be gone tomorrow (hopefully I'll get something in in the morning or at night).
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:33 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 485, gameplay506 wrote:
In post 481, Malakittens wrote:So same question I asked Corrino -- gameplay why aren't you voting anyone?
I just didn't like any of the wagons that formed and I wanted to take my time and re-read the game and form a clearer view of the players. As I said I had only minor leads and placing my vote somewhere where I wasn't sure was just stupid.
In post 479, Corrino wrote:gameplay I just don't get why you got so defensive all of a sudden why not just post something instead of just blowing up at Mafia.
I responded to an accusation. I also didn't like most of NM's arguments especially the meta thing and I didn't want to leave it like that.

Moving to my vote.

So as I mentioned my two scum reads are Mala and NM. The main thing I didn't like about NM was some of the arguments that he used in his case against me as mentioned above. But while I was re-reading I stumbled across Mala's voting history and her positions in the wagons and I didn't like them at all. So first of all Spandex's wagon. In post and Mala claims that the scum team is BE/Spandex and in post she places a vote on Spandex by saying that she wants to check something. I want to highligh that her vote is based on the assertion of BE/Spandex being a scum team. But after ffery replaces in and posts her arguments on why BE might be town and Mala says in post that she is thinks that BE is town after all. Yet her vote stays on Spandex. Another thing is that how she doesn't mention the wagon at all. It really makes me feel like she ignored her Spandex vote on purpose while in the meantime waiting for a better target to emerge. Her vote on me was quite contradicting her post and post in which she states that she gets town vibes from me. Those two posts were the last thing she said about me on day 1 and that's why I find her vote to be off. Same with Bins's wagon. Her vote makes me feel like she doesn't want to get into needless discussion on her Bins's read and just looks like she is trying to get into that wagon without drawing too much attention to herself. Also on day 2 she hasn't done much except being lazy and asking few questions ( 2-3 I guess). It's like she just wants to place votes and do nothing more. Also I don't get her theory about scum being in amongt the inexperienced players. It is fully based on activity and in the beginning she states that activity isn't indicative ( more exactly the thing that makes me think so is her answer to the 3rd RVS question ( 3. what's your policy on lurkers and liars? ). I don't have much more to say. I will have a look again at her posts and post if I don't like something else.

VOTE: Malakittens
She committed to a read change on Bin's slot before anyone else did. I think it's predictable that Bin would make a good impression with the reads post and the wagon would soften, but do you think scum would be the first to verbalize a reads change?

Idic
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:36 am

Post by Bins »

Honestly, my only problem with Mala is that her main arguement for stances are "I don't like this." but it isn't enough to make me think she's more scum than others atm.
Corrino
Corrino
Townie
Corrino
Townie
Townie

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:10 am

Post by Corrino »

So this is looking exactly like what happened day 1 the big wagon gets disrupted and we're gonna be left voting for someone half of us think are town. So what are everyone's top reads right now? I'm still on gameplay, I don't like his reactions to Mafias recent comments it just seems weird that up until that point he was calm and just answering questions then his style of play is mentioned and later he reverts to that style after arguing that style can change from game to game.

@Mafia Why a wagon one me? Am I now your number 1 scum read or am i just the last newb left in the newb scum theory?
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:16 am

Post by Bins »

In post 492, Corrino wrote: So what are everyone's top reads right now?
I like my vote on gameplay as well. I wish I was more certian but he's my scummiest read.
In post 492, Corrino wrote: @Mafia Why a wagon one me? Am I now your number 1 scum read or am i just the last newb left in the newb scum theory?
I forgot to mention to @NM that Corrino is one of my top town reads rn. I don't think starting a wagon on him like that is a good idea.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:17 am

Post by Bins »

Sorry about my spelling, my brain isn't working 100% correctly.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:46 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 482, Malakittens wrote:though i feel like if game was scum he'd have hammered bins already, so either hes town or hes scum w/ bin
Coming back to this, I don't think this reasoning on its own makes gameplay probtown. If bins is town, and he hammered without a claim, he'd likely be the day 3 lynch.

Idic
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:42 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Gameplay has a meta point for survivalist town hammers though. On my phone so can't link but check DR mafia, if he is scum he's just shown he can play up to the meta expectation I have of him. So I find the lack of a hammer pretty null.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:23 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 492, Corrino wrote:@Mafia Why a wagon one me? Am I now your number 1 scum read or am i just the last newb left in the newb scum theory?
It's mainly PoE, not explicitly for the newb scum theory, but at least somewhat yes. We really should be deciding on a lynch though,. I will not lynch Mala unless forced to (or Ffery but that's not happening regardless). I'm also willing to let Bins live one more day based on her entry. Gameplay I could lynch to get it off my mind and avoid potential LYLO paranoia, I think he could be a very good info flip aswell. Corrino and Mara I currently have caught in PoE and I'd be on board for either of their lynches, I'm worried about Mara not being able to get on pre-deadline for a claim though.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:55 am

Post by gameplay506 »

@ffery consideeing that Bins was obviously going to get town read after her post, it would be a very smart and effective to unvote first as scum. Also look at Mala's position on that wagon. Do you like how she placed her vote?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:58 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 495, fferyllt wrote:
In post 482, Malakittens wrote:though i feel like if game was scum he'd have hammered bins already, so either hes town or hes scum w/ bin
Coming back to this, I don't think this reasoning on its own makes gameplay probtown. If bins is town, and he hammered without a claim, he'd likely be the day 3 lynch.
Hmm, good point.

Who do you wanna lynch. Just consider me your sheep for today.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”