Mini 1579: The Great Flavor Caper (Game Over)

Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:32 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

Also Phok did a great job in the modding, the balance was a little swingy but it was fun nevertheless.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:01 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 1673, T S O wrote:
Slandaar, you seem in a stupidly obtuse mood and you are the -only- one who has the opinion the game was balanced. That's because you were the SK and couldn't see it. End.

I said it is very likely there is a GF because it fits with the cop claims and then from there the doc is obviously a fake claim assuming Dayvig is multi-shot town which it was.

I mean, if I can figure out the setup in game then the setup is balanced. Cop/Backup/2shot vig vs 2 goons and GF seems fine, throw an SK in make the vig a day vig seems fine.

Most of your complaints are about SK setups in general, 2 mislynches? yeah that happens. Town can lose with one mislynch and 3 correct lynches out of 4... relying on SK to shoot scum; you always do otherwise it means they are only shooting town which obviously swings things in scums favour...
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:30 am

Post by Josh_B »

Mass claim on D1 didn't help town either.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:43 am

Post by T S O »

that would explain why you shot Titus and not Josh, yes? Because if you knew the Doctor was lying and was scum, and you wanted towncred, you shot Titus why?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:28 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 1678, T S O wrote:that would explain why you shot Titus and not Josh, yes? Because if you knew the Doctor was lying and was scum, and you wanted towncred, you shot Titus why?

Slandaar is indulging in revisionist history because he's clearly bitter. He was getting called a serial killer halfway through Day 1.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:33 am

Post by Slandaar »

I thought the dayvig was scum initially on D1. Things changed with the cop inno on Boon who was obviously the dayvig. You are both the worst.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:57 am

Post by Slandaar »

Titus not being scum still is surprising, it doesn't make sense to assume Josh is town with the pattern stuff in the air and scumhunt based on that, which is actually what derailed town from doing well. I just got it into my head Titus was scum who knew Josh was town at that point and it took till after Titus died for me to rethink that.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:23 am

Post by Slandaar »

I see neither of you has any more witty comments here I will even direct you to this;
In post 600, Slandaar wrote:Amusingly Titus is voting Josh
who she had been assuming is town the entire game for no reason.

Hrmmmm.

The no reason part solves this mystery.

Yeah, I mean accusing me of lying postgame when there is no reason for me to is retarded on both your parts.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:41 am

Post by T S O »

I just couldn't be bothered talking about it anymore.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:59 am

Post by Slandaar »

I guess the next thing is you will be explaining how you were so sure Josh was scum if the setup wouldn't be balanced unless town has more power?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:00 am

Post by Slandaar »

What actually was the point TSO? I knew what you were trying to do.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:20 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 1673, T S O wrote: That's because you were the SK and couldn't see it. End.

As the SK I have the most unbiased view in the game. The scum feel they crushed so feel it was unbalanced, Town feel crushed so feel it was unbalanced I see it for what it was.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:05 am

Post by T S O »

well, not really. your view is distorted by you getting caught d1, tbh.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:05 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1685, Slandaar wrote:What actually was the point TSO? I knew what you were trying to do.

what does this even mean?
-Marquis
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:36 am

Post by Slandaar »

Not really sure how my view is distorted. You had 2 dayvigs + 3 lynches and a cop result and none of them hit mafia, not sure how much more you want. I had a shot too which missed so you can add that to the pile or not.
In post 1624, T S O wrote:
I'd argue our power roles were borderline negative-utility. I'm pissed at Boonskiies, but his slot did actually hit a non-town player, but his ability was blanket, so we got fucked anyway. If the Cop hit the Godfather, then there was conftown there as well and we had no way of knowing that scum potentially had a GF. Same for the Deputy, who was essentially a Named Townie because we had no way to protect him and it's nearly impossible to activate the Deputy until late-game anyway.

To be honest I am not going to take you seriously when there is a claimed cop AND backup and you cannot figure out there is likely a scum GF.

Also Josh was obviously scum but then there isn't enough town power to balance the game, right? You are clearly just making stuff up.

End.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:02 am

Post by T S O »

okay, Slandaar, you're great and we're not. that's why we caught you d1, that's why you soaked a dayvig.

bitterness is okay, but let's not go too far. your anger is a bit too obvious.
-Marquis
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:02 am

Post by reinoe »

Josh was obscum but you nk'ed Titus...

Also weren't you caught before josh?

Nk'ing Titus directly led to your lynch.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:14 am

Post by Slandaar »

Call it bitter if you want my opinion always has been town played terribly but the setup looks balanced. You have tried to argue differently by trying to discredit me not using actual logic or reasoning behind what you say just making up opinions as you go along so if you are feeling the hostility that would be why. I have now discredited you as it was obvious from the first post you were just complaining about the setup as you are mad you lost and want to blame something/someone.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:21 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 1691, reinoe wrote:Josh was obscum but you nk'ed Titus...

Also weren't you caught before josh?

Nk'ing Titus directly led to your lynch.

I think I said already on D1 I assumed he was town due to how Titus interacted with him, so?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:39 am

Post by T S O »

look, I have no interest in getting into a fight.

town played shit. they should have lynched josh. guess who pushed josh? me. guess who got townvig'd? me.

town weren't good. I agree. the set-up was also unfair to the point that theoretically if town -were- good we could still have lost due to GF-Cop mechanics.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:41 am

Post by T S O »

There's a full thread about this and no-one argued this set-up was balanced.

Saying that a Godfather exists is fucking bull. The only way to implement that is to trust -no- Cop innocent results, meaning that both roles cannot confirm anyone as Town, making them significantly worse.
-Marquis
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:57 pm

Post by Slandaar »

How is it not balanced? town played absolutely terrible yet they still had 2 conftown in lylo (one got lynched somehow) and should have had one additional cop result had sharp not claimed which also was terrible considering I was not part of the mafia all he did was lose the town a cop result when Boon had the cc on me anyways and he was never being nked... You even wasted a vig shot on me for some reason which again was terrible because I can be cc'ed by simply shooting someone else (especially when they flip mafia)
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:25 am

Post by T S O »

Yes, definitely, why on earth would we waste a dayvig shot on someone clearly lying? We should have known they were Bulletproof somehow!

*eyeroll*
-Marquis
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:52 am

Post by Slandaar »

The effect of shooting me or someone else is the same except if I am bp (which should be likely from the dayvig POV) you don't lose the shot by shooting someone else therefore shooting me is strictly worse ie bad.

So, yes, definitely keep trying though TSO I am sure eventually you will be right about something.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:45 am

Post by T S O »

how the actual fuck would a dayvig randomly know a vig claim is bulletproof?

oh slandy
-Marquis

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”