Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:16 am

Post by Aegor »

In post 787, reinoe wrote:Clusk had both direct pressure and indirect pressure. People were openly saying they would be willing to vote for him/were scumreading him. The timing of the replace-out doesn't look good.

I tend to agree. But given that I was kind of null on him prior to the replace-out, that alone is not enough to justify my vote on him at the moment.

Mod: Did Clusk specify any reason for replacement that is able to be disclosed?
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
TheAdrienC
TheAdrienC
Goon
TheAdrienC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:23 am

Post by TheAdrienC »

I doubt the mod can answer that. Sorry for the short posts, I'm on my iPhone sitting outside my work.
BP
BP
Goon
BP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by BP »

I loved Adriens reads, for the fact that he's being more arculatory regarding his stances so far. However, I don't feel he hit the right nerve with Wake, and I personally felt Boonskiies response resonating more to me. I have never felt Boon as scum, so it may be Adrien trying to do what Farside accused me of trying to do.
I see Adrien more as scum than Boonskiies.

However, I feel other people are better candidates to lynch, namely Wake, Clusk (even though I do agree with Adrien we should hear from his replacement first) and Scarab, who's made no attempts to scum hunt or engage with discussion at all so far - unless it's regarding an attack on him, ofc.

Disclaimer: I am willing to join any wagon to lynch any of these three. I personally feel they are, among the 21, the ones most deserving of the vote. I feel that as a town we are miles away from a consensus, and we should be aiming towards that, rather than holding on to each personal reads only. I mean, 18 days left to lynch (I think), but we are all over the place on this one so far.

I'm on my phone, so I can't check on who's closer to the noose but don't be surprised if I start changing my votes yo the one that has more votes. Our of those three, ofc.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 802, BP wrote:
I'm on my phone, so I can't check on who's closer to the noose but don't be surprised if I start changing my votes yo the one that has more votes. Our of those three, ofc.

As of the last votecount, Clusk's spot was highest at L-7, with one new vote and a tentative vote out there.
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by Toomai »

In post 800, Aegor wrote:
No, he did not specify any reason.
This should be required reading for...everyone for anything, really.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:33 pm

Post by Cabd »

Discussions about Activity
Players may discuss activity in other games in a general sense, including counting how many games a player is alive in. However, this may not mention ANYTHING of substance.

He's alive in two other games and only replaced out of this one, FWIW.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:21 pm

Post by Juls »

Alright I will pre-apologize but I am going to do this a page at a time until my daughters danc class is over because I am on my ipad and jumping back and forth between notepad and the browser like I do on my. PC is not happening on this. So....

Page 11

-Wake's enormous wall is a massive word count of saying one thing:
reaction test

-I don't like Mirahawks 269. It's pushing a very weak argument and I think Scarab's responses have been what I would expect from town.
-Salamance's 271 is fantastic except where he goes off the rails on SKOT.
-Aegors 274 is the first post I got town vibes from but I don't like the push to lynch lurkers. He keeps making policy-lynch threats but isn't doing too much scum hunting.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

Yeah If Clusk's been active in other games then he was definately lurking. The fact that he never posted a "I'm catching up" post or the equivalent is odd as well. I think he wanted to get out clean so his replacement might have a chance. The fact that it happened when lots of other players were expressing concern over him is could be a coincidence, but the fact he avoided posting in the thread makes me feel it was not.

Unvote
Vote: Clusk

Personally I'd rather just lynch him then muddy the subject up with another player who won't have to answer for his behavior.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:39 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Mirhawk

Information

His notes Scarab's seemingly opportunistic vote on me, and finds it "pretty Goddamn Scummy." In that same post Mirhawk also states he "likes" how Scarab implies he's Scum for defending me, yet notes that Scarab states that I might not even be Scum. Mirhawk also states he has experience with me, which makes him allowed to have opinions on what is in or out of my character. He also states he bets Scarab would be okay with a policy lynch. He also says that he really doesn't like one of my posts because I hedge on just about every single thing by adding "mights" or "maybe's" to them.

He also wondered aloud what my reaction I was looking for were, what my opinions are on the players I speak of, or even who my scumreads are. His has him mouthing an insult and questioning Scarab as to why he voted my way. shows him asking a question but neglecting a question mark. He continues sparring with Scarab in , , , and . His top scumread in is Scarab, and he's got a slight scumread on Clusk, while eyeing BP and SKOT; reasons sans Scarab were not given at that time.

Mirhawk tells me he already posted reasons for why he's thinking Scarab is Scum, and that he didn't specifically remember why he thought Clusk was scummy; he did say he'd be willing to go back and look for it. The reason in was because Scarab found Sal Scummy over whether he was being manipulative or not. And that when pressured was put on Scarab, Mirhawk says Scarab backed off, saying that he thought Salamence was town anyways. Mirhawk raises a point that, if Scarab thought Sal was town, why undermine him by calling him manipulative?

has him saying that he understands where the fake bit on AdrienC is coming from. Mirhawk also mentions alignment indication. States Clusk has gone into "full lurk mode," and mentions that the timing doesn't make him look any better. He's now actively interested in a Clusk lynch pending his responses to what players have said about him. Also notes that Scarab will ignore Mirhawk if he can't get him to change his vote. Then states he doesn't want to waste our lynch on a lurker when we can get way more valuable information from lynching an active player.

At the time of this posting, Mirhawk's vote is still on Scarab.

Analysis

Initially Mirhawk reads as Townish to me, because he questions Scarab's dubious actions. His insinuation that Scarab would be fine with a policy lynch is null to me. What does ping as suspicious is when he says I hedge my votes most of the time with "mights" and "maybes," etc. First of all, I debate politics frequently. There is nothing I hate more than a faulty assumption. The reason I am careful is because I don't like mislynching people. I would think you would value that, too. Scum would have reason to dislike a Townie being careful of mislynching other Townies. So that's scummy to me. Strangely, he wonders what I was doing with my older post that was meant to get reactions; it's been explained that that post was meant to get reactions and more reactions rippling forth to read.

I liked his questioning of Scarab so far, but it seems like that's all he's been doing; he hasn't even other mentioned players like Alina, Not_Mafia, or Boonskies. If I am incorrect please correct that. It sort of bugs me how some players seemingly mean to ask questions, but leave off the "?" for a period. It probably means nothing, but eh. Anyone else feel me on that? His continued fighting with Scarab reads null. I didn't like how he never mentioned his reasons for eyeing BP and SKOT. I'd still like to better understand his reason for Clusk. His reason for voting for Scarab doesn't seem all that great, because the whole Sal/manipulation thing is a matter of opinion, but I did townread him for how he noted that Scarab skittered away when pressure was applied, and how if Scarab was townreading Sal why try to undermine him? Though, Townies themselves can be manipulative, so I wonder what Mirhawk makes of that.

Would like to hear more of his opinions on other players; I think he's a bit Townish, but I feel like he's tunneling and not doing much with anyone else.

Mirhawk's Leaning Slightly Town at this point.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by Juls »

Page 12

-Aegor 279: is he seriously accusing boon of role fishing....for a scum role? bad vote.
-Adrien 287. This post is so fake. First the p-edit is not real. He is putting the p-edit at the top? Second, I hate how he finger wags at wake and says he is taking his vote off but he's watching him, etc. I also hate the "I'm not your friend" speech. This whole post feels like what Adrien "thinks" town should sound like but it just comes off completely manufactured. And then the vote on boon is just ridiculous. He says he wanted to keep his head low but why in the world would boon have posted "hmmm" if he was trying to lay low? That just brought attention to him. I disagree with Salamance that adrien is bussing wake. I think Adrien is scum and wake is probably bad-town like farside said.
-Town read on Alina is growing. If you are town, stop being so tentative. Trust your gut. If you are scum I will never believe the innocent routine again!
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 pm

Post by Juls »

Page 13

-Stupid self vote is stupid. Let's see who takes the bait. I predict the policy lynching king Aegor.

(Oh, I just remembered something I forgot to say on page 12. That big post from Adrien, he also copies farside with definition shit. This guy is seriously fake)

-Hmmm, day vig shenanigans. Since we are still d1, I assume this is fake.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:01 pm

Post by Juls »

Page 14

-Why is BP rehashing things he has already commented on?

BP wrote:We will. I still don't know how to read you. You're either scum or just that looney guy in the village that always tries to make up conversation with the other people in the cafés and that goes to the hardware store on purpose to make friends and to pretend he's having a conversation but that no one takes seriously ultimately. So you're either that or you're scum trying to look that way

I LOL'd, you can be town.

-I'm liking Scarab more and more.
-Uh, this is a terrible claim by SKOT and my town read on him just completely reversed. No town would question the validity of a daykill then claim. More non-townieness from SKOT.
- Oh look more fake hysterics from Adrien.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:10 pm

Post by Juls »

Page 15

-No comments, just theory talk.

Page 16

-If AdrienC is town, I am probably never going to be able to read him ever. This guy is so scummy/fake.
-SKOT, if you are town, repeat after me..."what I did was dumb, I should not have claimed, I made a bad move." And holy shit I need to meta Aegor to see if he always policy lynches instead of scum hunting!
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:15 pm

Post by Juls »

Page 17

-Oh wow, SKOT actually showed some remorse. I wasn't expecting that. Now I don't know how to feel.
Juls
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:17 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 812, Juls wrote:I need to meta Aegor to see if he always policy lynches instead of scum hunting!

He does. Not as bad as jake does, but he does.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:20 pm

Post by Juls »

Page 18

Scarab vs BP feels like town on town.

I'm done for now, daughters class is almost over and my eyes are glazing over. I might do a few more pages before bed but no guarantees.
Juls
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:39 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'm going just declare juls town at this point.
Makes me want to reevaluate a few reads . Just a side note I'm null on aegor. I see bits of Star Wars game here reading him but the argument with snot and the lurker vote scum reads bug me.

I have the few unfortunate not reads, VI's basically and im not a one post = town post so a better reason for find BP town would be nice juls.

Also I noted something with Damon_Gant that bugged me.....back in a bit
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:46 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 589, Damon_Gant wrote:So I've been trying to look at some guys - it takes me a while to get who's who in these large games. Why these people? Literally because I'm ISOing everyone in a random order. That's kind of where my thoughts are with this game. Scattered and confused.

Boon: The quirky townie with lots of moodswings. Am I wrong to read him like that?
HunterSeeker: Let's lynch all lurkers - says the lurker. Yet to make a post with any substance.
reinoe: scum candidate. We should take into account he's posting from his phone, but his vote on Wake rings lots of alarm bells for me. Claims that because people didn't like his awful vote on Wake that that means he should've made a naked vote. No, not at all, but if your reasons are questionable then your vote is questionable.
Soren: New and flying under the radar. Surprising lack of effort for a newbie I think. Did this newbie draw scum?
Farside's case on BP is logical, but is BP just another easy target in a game loaded with easy targets?

Vote: HunterSeeker
. I want to hear some proper thoughts from this guy.

I apologise for this truly awful post but I still do not feel comfortable in this game yet.

This post bugged me. Self aware, lurker hunting and the vote on hunter for saying let's lynch the lurker and not knowing he is referring to himself is pretty lubricious.

Part of me has this knee jerk reaction that says if your not comfortable in the game could be scum not comfortable and lurker clusk is not listed. Grrrrr my tunnel vision.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:51 pm

Post by Alina »

Aeronaut's posts feel off to me but I can't figure out why. It's weird.

In post 809, Juls wrote:-Town read on Alina is growing. If you are town, stop being so tentative. Trust your gut. If you are scum I will never believe the innocent routine again!

I'm trying to, but the first lynch I had I was 100% sure the guy was scum and made a case on him and everything, and then he flipped town. I'm paranoid to go all-in(There has to be a better phrase for me to use than that but I can't come up with one) on anyone because of that.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 818, Alina wrote:I can't figure out why. It's weird.

(It's because he's scum)
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:58 pm

Post by Sharpest-knife-on-tree »

In post 812, Juls wrote:
Page 15

-No comments, just theory talk.

Page 16

-If AdrienC is town, I am probably never going to be able to read him ever. This guy is so scummy/fake.
-SKOT, if you are town, repeat after me..."what I did was dumb, I should not have claimed, I made a bad move." And holy shit I need to meta Aegor to see if he always policy lynches instead of scum hunting!

what I did was dumb, I should not have claimed, I made a bad move. I already admitted as much. I over reacted. And yes, Aegor does
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 819, Cabd wrote:
In post 818, Alina wrote:I can't figure out why. It's weird.

(It's because he's scum)

Can there be some evidence for this please? Just saying that someone is scum, believe it or not, doesn't make them scum. If you have questions you want me to answer, I'll give it a go.

@Alina, the reason I may seem sort of 'off' might be because this is only the second game I've ever played, so I'm not so used to the way you some of you speak. I more just say what's on my mind, but maybe I'm conveying it differently, idk really. I also don't tend to get as emotional as some of these people, so that could be it too. If you have questions or something you want me to answer to, I'm cool with anything.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:19 pm

Post by Aegor »

In post 804, Toomai wrote:
In post 800, Aegor wrote:
No, he did not specify any reason.

Thanks

In post 809, Juls wrote: is he seriously accusing boon of role fishing....for a scum role? bad vote.

I read it as a fish for Vig. Now I realize that it was probably a joke. Wow.

And yes, I absolutely loving PLing on Day 1. Especially lurkers, which always mess up my endgames.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:23 pm

Post by Alina »

In post 821, Aeronaut wrote:@Alina, the reason I may seem sort of 'off' might be because this is only the second game I've ever played, so I'm not so used to the way you some of you speak. I more just say what's on my mind, but maybe I'm conveying it differently, idk really. I also don't tend to get as emotional as some of these people, so that could be it too. If you have questions or something you want me to answer to, I'm cool with anything.

I don't really have any questions in particular at this point. There's nothing in your posts that directly seems wrong, it's just a weird aura/vibe/SOMETHING I get from your posts. I can't figure it out.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:34 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Feedback on would be appreciated everyone.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”