Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:28 am

Post by Siveure DtTrikyp »

Uh.

You know what, I actually want to self-hammer here.

Just so I can have a point made at the end of the day that'll hopefully stick. I can't see any other way to make you look at what I'm saying after I die.
mathbandit
mathbandit
Townie
mathbandit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:29 am

Post by mathbandit »

Just saw vote count, will
Vote: Siv
per my earlier post. HE IS NOW AT L-1.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:30 am

Post by T S O »

that's a kinda disgusting vote, to be honest.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:30 am

Post by T S O »

I don't claim to have caught up in the slightest but I'm almost sure this guy is town.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:34 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 225, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Uh.

You know what, I actually want to self-hammer here.

Just so I can have a point made at the end of the day that'll hopefully stick. I can't see any other way to make you look at what I'm saying after I die.

In post 226, mathbandit wrote:Just saw vote count, will
Vote: Siv
per my earlier post. HE IS NOW AT L-1.

This sequence is baaaaad. We're not ready to end.
If Siveure flips town, I could definitely see mathbandit scum.
Although come to think of it, they could be scum together trying to coordinate a quick self-hammer to avoid further discussion.
To be safe... UNVOTE: Siveure
mathbandit
mathbandit
Townie
mathbandit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:43 am

Post by mathbandit »

I don't expect any rational player to self-hammer as Town. As far as I'm concerned, that's much more likely to be Scum-fueled if he feels he cannot avoid being lynched. I was very clear before the VC was posted that I was interested in voting him pending the result of said VC, an appeal to emotion like that certainly is not going to dissuade me from doing so.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:50 am

Post by Bins »

In post 229, The Bulge wrote:
Although come to think of it, they could be scum together trying to coordinate a quick self-hammer to avoid further discussion.

Really? That'd be a horrible looking play. Mathbandit's vote already looks horrible though...

-

Siv, darling, you keep playing with my heart.
You make me feel as if you're trying to get us to change our votes in multiple manipulative ways. And it's starting to work, so I really don't like it. I'm gonna look over the game again when I get home.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:54 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 230, mathbandit wrote:I don't expect any rational player to self-hammer as Town. As far as I'm concerned, that's much more likely to be Scum-fueled if he feels he cannot avoid being lynched. I was very clear before the VC was posted that I was interested in voting him pending the result of said VC, an appeal to emotion like that certainly is not going to dissuade me from doing so.

It doesn't matter if he's scum. What matters is that we're not ready to end the day.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:02 am

Post by The Bulge »

EBWOP - I should add, however, that you are correct. There is absolutely no town motivation behind a self-hammer at this point.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:11 am

There is.

I'm not gonna get listened to after I flip b/c I look exactly like scum. So I want to self-hammer because I'm getting lynched anyway so I can have the last post of the day so there's a possibility you'll look at that in later days.

I ACTUALLY want to self-hammer. Kinda.

Bins, I will admit to just trying to screw with everyone's head earlier, but I wasn't doing it there.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:13 am

Also yeah, I just want to self-hammer. I don't really want to self-hammer NOW.

VOTE: Mathbandit
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:15 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 232, The Bulge wrote:It doesn't matter if he's scum. What matters is that we're not ready to end the day.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:16 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 235, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Also yeah, I just want to self-hammer. I don't really want to self-hammer NOW.

VOTE: Mathbandit

Ninja'd. Ignore my last post.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:22 am

Robo, does this game have mafia daytalk?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:30 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 219, Robocopter87 wrote:
I have updated the OP to reflect replacements. The living players list shows ONLY the currently active player in that slot and not the replacement.

That VC should be accurate, feel free to tell me I'm wrong if your vote is misplaced. I would like to remind people to try and get their vote tags instead of just bolding. It's so much easier to miss on the mafBlack skin.

As for the question about Mafia Daytalk, no the mafia do not have the ability to discuss during the day. They only have night talk.

That should be everything, prods might be needed to be passed out soon so let's do our best to keep this game up and running alright? Thanks guys, Robo Out.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:32 am

So you read this. You noticed this.

And yet you post this?

In post 229, The Bulge wrote:Although come to think of it, they could be scum together trying to coordinate a quick self-hammer to avoid further discussion.

Not sure what to make of it.
mathbandit
mathbandit
Townie
mathbandit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:51 am

Post by mathbandit »

In post 232, The Bulge wrote:
In post 230, mathbandit wrote:I don't expect any rational player to self-hammer as Town. As far as I'm concerned, that's much more likely to be Scum-fueled if he feels he cannot avoid being lynched. I was very clear before the VC was posted that I was interested in voting him pending the result of said VC, an appeal to emotion like that certainly is not going to dissuade me from doing so.

It doesn't matter if he's scum. What matters is that we're not ready to end the day.

I'm not going to avoid putting a suspected Scum at L-1 out of fear of a self-hammer. That's ridiculous.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:03 am

So, math, you live in a fantasy world where nobody ever self-hammers, and the only reason anyone would say they would is that they're scum posturing for wifom.

Why is scum-siv wrong to think self-hammering is good for scum?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:04 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 240, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:So you read this. You noticed this.

And yet you post this?

In post 229, The Bulge wrote:Although come to think of it, they could be scum together trying to coordinate a quick self-hammer to avoid further discussion.

Not sure what to make of it.

Scum get chat pre-game. It's still a possibility that it was pre-organized. But that's all it is. A possibility. I never said I believed it.

In post 241, mathbandit wrote:

I'm not going to avoid putting a suspected Scum at L-1 out of fear of a self-hammer. That's ridiculous.

How is that ridiculous? How many times do I have to say it? We're fucked if we go into night right now, unprepared. Why is putting him at L-1 so important to you?
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:30 am

Post by Bins »

In post 234, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:
Bins, I will admit to just trying to screw with everyone's head earlier, but I wasn't doing it there.

Urgh. Okay. In a way, I can believe that.
mathbandit
mathbandit
Townie
mathbandit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:14 am

Post by mathbandit »

In post 242, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:So, math, you live in a fantasy world where nobody ever self-hammers, and the only reason anyone would say they would is that they're scum posturing for wifom.

I live in a world where everybody follows the rules of the game, and plays to their win condition at all times. Short of preventing a deadline No Lynch, there are no scenarios in this set-up where a Town player would help their team by self-hammering. The only time self-hammering might make sense is from a Scum perspective, and so the threat of a self-hammer is a very strong scumtell.

In post 242, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Why is scum-siv wrong to think self-hammering is good for scum?

I'm okay with a Scum self-hammer at this time because it assures a Scum lynch that might plausibly not happen otherwise. We've had enough discussion on the subject of the set-up that any rational Town player will send fruit to the person below them, so we're in no harm of the Town getting screwed by someone fucking up their Night action.
mathbandit
mathbandit
Townie
mathbandit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:18 am

Post by mathbandit »

In post 241, mathbandit wrote:

How is that ridiculous? How many times do I have to say it? We're fucked if we go into night right now, unprepared. Why is putting him at L-1 so important to you?[/quote]
As above, we've said more than enough to ensure no one fucks up their Night actions. As to the second part, I said earlier that I was interested in a Siv vote pending the VC. It's no so much that it's important he's at L-1, but that I would have voted him before that had I known the votecount. It's not like we need to wait for a claim or anything. There's no inherent danger with him being at L-1, particularly as I made sure to announce that I was putting him there. Besides, in my view a self-hammer would have been a huge boon, I wasn't going to go out of my way to prevent it.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:29 am

Post by The Bulge »

Not voting =/= going out of your way
mathbandit
mathbandit
Townie
mathbandit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:46 am

Post by mathbandit »

If I think someone is Scum, and they are my highest suspect at the time, I need a reason to not have my vote on them. The fact they might be Scum and self-hammer is not a good enough reason.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:07 am

Post by Bins »

In post 248, mathbandit wrote:If I think someone is Scum, and they are my highest suspect at the time, I need a reason to not have my vote on them. The fact they might be Scum and self-hammer is not a good enough reason.

In post 243, The Bulge wrote:
We're fucked if we go into night right now, unprepared.

Town would not want a quick, uncalled for self-hammer right now. A town's immediate reaction wouldn't be "Hey dude I put you at L-1, here ya go! Now you can do that thing were we go into night and completely fuck town over!!!" Especially since you think Siv is scum... you'd be afraid of scum trying to fuck town over. Scum can easily fuck town over rn by going into night early. We have a replacement and three people not active/caught up. C'mon.

Return to “Completed Open Games”