Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:46 am

Post by Bookitty »

@DGB:
Can you give me a brief rundown on the case on Sotty7? Is it just her position at the top of the charts?

Meh, I'm going to try to allot time this afternoon to do a real reread on her. But if anyone can explain it to me, I'd appreciate it.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:48 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Yosarian is scum for:

(1) Trusting PJ's "meta" on Sotty based on observation of a single game; remember that PJ also tried to "meta" me based on a single game earlier.
(2) We all know meta is crap, who would actually rely on someone else's "meta" proclamations to begin with... and without checking? Not that double-checking makes "meta" anymore reliable.
(3) PJs reads are bad so it's a great place for scum to hide behind.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:49 am

In post 2272, Bookitty wrote:I would go with the DGB lynch over Sotty7

I HATE YOU
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:51 am

In post 2272, Bookitty wrote:I feel like DGB is playing precisely in line with my town-meta of her; in past games in which she has flipped scum, she has been more strategic (see Mafia 70 Traditional) and more hesitant in making firm stands. She also doesn't bring out the Scumputer so early in my experience. TownDGB is an assertive and aggressive advocate of her own opinions, right or wrong.

Sotty7 seems to me to be overwhelmed with the sheer amount of reading required in this game. I accused her earlier of not even reading the game, but I think I was probably wrong. I think it's just difficult for people to keep up and keep things straight. This is a gut read, but I think it's as valid as anyone else's gut read being used to vote her.

How can you make such an affirmation that I am town (which is correct), make a bunch of excuses for Sotty7 being "overwhelmed" and say you'd lynch me before Sotty7????????????????

Because you're wrong about Sotty7.

You are saying that deadline looming, you'd hammer the townie over the scumbag. Good to know.

Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:56 am

Post by Bookitty »

How are you so sure that Sotty7 is scum compared with, say, VitaminR for whom I'm currently voting? Because I don't see it, myself. I'm asking you to explain it to me like I'm five.

I'm NOT HAPPY with the two choices currently available. I would vote CES over either of you too, just based on lack of participation and worries that he's lurkscum coasting to the end of the game on chamber's coat tails.

Actually, my vote is doing precisely nothing where it is. I want to go a third way.

VOTE: Cogito Ergo Sum
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:29 am

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 2272, Bookitty wrote:Sotty7 seems to me to be overwhelmed with the sheer amount of reading required in this game. I accused her earlier of not even reading the game, but I think I was probably wrong. I think it's just difficult for people to keep up and keep things straight. This is a gut read, but I think it's as valid as anyone else's gut read being used to vote her.

This is very true.

In post 2278, DrippingGoofball wrote:How can you make such an affirmation that I am town (which is correct), make a bunch of excuses for Sotty7 being "overwhelmed" and say you'd lynch me before Sotty7????????????????

Because you're wrong about Sotty7.

You are saying that deadline looming, you'd hammer the townie over the scumbag. Good to know.

This is still not a case.

I can't defend myself against the scumputer. It's extremely unfair. Give me something to talk about.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:38 am

In post 2280, Sotty7 wrote:I can't defend myself against the scumputer.

OK, no scumputer.

At least one of you/STD/mathcam is scum. Those are LML's words. And it's pretty much an undisputable fact that he put some scum in his scum list.

The scum is not mathcam.

Therefore it's down to you and STD.

I tried to present you as the townie, and make you choose STD. You wouldn't.

So my theory is that both you and STD are scum (with Yosarian/Porochaz/KK). You guys are one man down, and neither of you is willing to bus. You two should be voting each other. You're not.
You're both scum.

mathcam's association game also points to you.

And to get back to the scumputer... the scumputer supports you & STD scum.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:39 am

@ Bookitty

Was the above simple enough?

Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:49 am

Post by Bookitty »

Yes. I agree with these points:

Mathcam is not scum. His recent postings make that pretty clear.
I don't have meta for LML, but I buy the idea that he would put some actual scum in his scumlist for flavouring. That seems normal scum play.

I still think CES is more likely to be scum, but I retract my statement about voting you over Sotty7.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:53 am

In post 2283, Bookitty wrote:I buy the idea that he would put some actual scum in his scumlist for flavouring. That seems normal scum play.

Great! So one of STD/Sotty is scum.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:53 am

Or both.

VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:07 am

Post by VitaminR »

In post 2257, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 2252, VitaminR wrote: unless someone wants to lynch Yos, which I would also be up for.

Are you sure you're not scum? Because your only case on me was your scummy echoing of chamber's confused question, and the fact that you didn't like that I was attacking you earlier today. When you do naked OMGUS like this, it really just makes me want to lynch you.

Oh, you're going to pretend this is scummy too? I don't care if it comes off OMGUSy, but I've always found it superuseful to look at people voting me, because I know they're attacking a townie. None of the attacks on me stood out that much until your late-to-the-game hyperaggressive attack. It read insincere to me and a lot of your arguments were a stretch. It really felt like you saw that there was plenty of support for a wagon on me and decided to try to put the final nail in the coffin by just throwing a whole bunch of arguments at me, hoping that some would stick.

You seem far more interested in simplistically using buzzwords like "OMGUS" and "buddying", both of which can be applied to a range of behaviors exhibited both by town and scum, to smear me than in actually trying to understand my reactions and mindset.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:14 am

Post by VitaminR »

In post 2253, petroleumjelly wrote:In Georgetown II I spent a fair deal of time reading (and rereading) Sotty7's posts, being concerned in particular with (i) how she defended scum, (ii) how her play appeared to be coasting and (iii) how her play was potentially ingratiating towards a few select players while being selectively dismissive towards others.

Levels of aggression vary depending on the strength of the reads involved, and I believe that is the case here (as opposed to being an indicator of a different alignment). I believe she is honestly trying to determine alignments and her back-and-forth on views (in particular, her "wringing her hands about Save the Dragons being Town" as DrippingGoofball characterizes it) reads exceedingly genuinely. I would be
shocked
if she is scum.

Fair enough, I guess, but this is harder for me to evaluate. You see what I mean, though, right, in that she seems a bit more assertive in Georgetown? I suppose my worry is that Sotty seems like the kind of player who would exactly be cautious and back-and-forth as scum, but might be less confident.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:47 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Yosarian, where would you like me to vote?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:57 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

Cogito Ergo Sum (3) -- Sotty7, Yosarian2, Bookitty
Save the Dragons (2) -- SpyreX, Cogito Ergo Sum
VitaminR (1) -- undo
DrippingGoofball (3) -- petroleumjelly, Porochaz, Save the Dragons
Sotty7 (4) -- mathcam, Albert B. Rampage, DrippingGoofball, chamber

Not voting: MrBuddyLee, OhGodMyLife, VitaminR, Green Crayons
17 alive, 9 to lynch.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:59 am

Post by Patrick »

The deadline hits on Tuesday 15th at 11pm GMT.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:00 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 2269, SpyreX wrote:
And yet the majority of your posts are directed at me.

Yea, they are, because in talking to you in a perfect world it convinces the others to help murder you.

I mean if you want me to talk about people I think are town more sure I can waste time there.

Because I'm scum and everyone else is town? Scumhunt less please.

I'd lynch DGB, CES, SpyreX. I'd be marginally interested in a few more people, but everyone else who has a vote right now I think is town.

In post 2252, VitaminR wrote:
Really? Doesn't she seem more assertive in that game? Reading up on this claim actually made me
more
suspicious of Sotty. It didn't take long for me to find posts in Georgetown II with aggressive scum reads (e.g. "such-and-such needs to die", "you're scum"), for example. She's being much more diplomatic in this game.

I skimmed her posts in that game and personally I think she's pretty much the same. For example (from this game):

In post 1382, Sotty7 wrote:
DGB really needs some lynching.

In post 1766, Sotty7 wrote:
Spryex should die is what he should do.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:29 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

In post 2272, Bookitty wrote:I feel like DGB is playing precisely in line with my town-meta of her; in past games in which she has flipped scum, she has been more strategic (see Mafia 70 Traditional) and more hesitant in making firm stands. She also doesn't bring out the Scumputer so early in my experience. TownDGB is an assertive and aggressive advocate of her own opinions, right or wrong.

I think DrippingGoofball has been 100% strategic.

When LoudmouthLee was nearing a lynch, DrippingGoofball suddenly turned into the court jester, very distracting, pushing elsewhere, claiming she would not help lynch LoudmouthLee, and drawing particular attention to LoudmouthLee's attempt to roleclaim (after saying he would not roleclaim).

At the start of Day Two -- you know, after scum have had a chance to come up with plans overnight -- she immediately goes with the "LoudmouthLee bus" theory based on LoudmouthLee's own comment and starts attacking the people who helped lynch LoudmouthLee, including Untrod Tripod (dead and town) and myself (Mason). Her other attack targets have also been bad.

You
kept bringing up the Scumputer on Day Two, and so it is no surprise that she would use it on Day Three. Note how she also used it
immediately
upon Day Three happening, after Day Two ended with a near-lynch on her as opposed to the Glork wagon. By using the Scumputer (and I would go so far as to say she might have been "nutkicked" by her scumpartners into doing so), she preempted votes on herself by trying to act useful.

DrippingGoofball's play looks completely calculated with an attempt to look random and aggressive in the hopes it is swept under the "oh, it's just DrippingGoofball being DrippingGoofball" rug.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:27 am

I'd say that DGB will see her swift end if she's scum.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:29 am

I'd rather lynch Sotty today. If Sotty is town, I have no problem voting DGB tomorrow.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:47 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I'm 100% town. Why am I scum ABR?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:06 am

mathcam raised some excellent points which have convinced me. If there are 4 scum left, Sotty, who are they, from your perspective?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:16 am

In post 2292, petroleumjelly wrote:DrippingGoofball's play looks completely
calculated
with an attempt to look
random

In other words, my play looks random, but your head is so far up your keister that you're interpreting your observation of random-ness as calculation? I expect some heartfelt apologies and self-humiliation from you after you see my town flip.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:20 am

In post 2289, Patrick wrote:Votecount

Cogito Ergo Sum (3) -- Sotty7, Yosarian2, Bookitty
Save the Dragons (2) -- SpyreX, Cogito Ergo Sum
VitaminR (1) -- undo
DrippingGoofball (3) -- petroleumjelly, Porochaz, Save the Dragons
Sotty7 (4) -- mathcam, Albert B. Rampage, DrippingGoofball, chamber

Not voting: MrBuddyLee, OhGodMyLife, VitaminR, Green Crayons
17 alive, 9 to lynch.

Sotty7 wagon 100% town.
2 scums on my wagon (obv, Porochaz & STD)
Yosarianscum is voting CEStown.
OGMLscum isn't voting.

I think I have one scum too many on this list. I'd drop one of Porochaz/OGML depending on future posting.

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:49 am

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 2296, Albert B. Rampage wrote:mathcam raised some excellent points which have convinced me. If there are 4 scum left, Sotty, who are they, from your perspective?

My top two are Spyrex and CES after that I am extremely unsure.

The case on me is based on what LML said and the scumputer. It's nothing I can really argue with because it's all associative. Only VitR brought a case on me that has been called by a few players including yourself as poor ABR. Mathcam's vote on my is drawn pretty much strictly out of his ideas of possible scum teams and on day three with one scum flip that's pretty terrible.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”