Mini Theme 1588 - FTL: Faster Than Light - Game Over!

Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:04 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

Look through games with inexperienced scum, they typically will have a reads post that looks exactly like the one above, and they will intentionally try to woo strong players. I recently won a game as (shitty) scum doing the exact same thing. I defended and buddied up to the few people I thought might catch on and gave vague reads until I had killed off anyone with a brain.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:05 am

Also, if she turns up mafia there's a good chance at least one partner is on that list.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:13 am

Post by Venmar »

I basically agree with all of Recks points about Venrob, summarizes why i'm voting him.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Jargonaut
Jargonaut
Goon
Jargonaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:30 am

Post by Jargonaut »

In post 286, Espressojet wrote:
VOTE: ABR - FTFY

Salty or not, this is a new game with new people who don't give a shit about your personal problems. Commit to the game or replace out.

I don't really understand this vote at all. Could you explain it?

In post 324, Anatole Kuragin wrote:Also seems like she just gave "town-ish" to the stronger, experienced leader type players - reck, hito, tso. Feels like buddying up to people who might find her out.

In post 326, Anatole Kuragin wrote:Also, if she turns up mafia there's a good chance at least one partner is on that list.

Which is it? And why do you think newbscum would be more likely to make such a list than newbtown?

How many times is this whole '"Why do you think Venrob is town?" "Why do you think he's scum?"' back and forth going to have to happen before everyone realizes he's actually scum and that we should lynch him?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:54 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 319, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 317, Albert B. Rampage wrote:What are your reasons for thinking that he's scum? ELI5

- Self-meta wall ("I'm always scum!")
- Votes Aronis for having only one post, then unvotes to jokevote the mod, then when he votes Aronis again he hides behind the reasoning of THE CAPTAIN IS VOTING HIM!
- More self meta wall
- Sudden decrease in activity coinciding with suspicion being thrown his way (and "my internet is flickering" is the bullshittiest of bullshit excuses)

One of the worst cases I've ever read. Won't be voting for this guy.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:03 am

In post 328, Jargonaut wrote:
In post 286, Espressojet wrote:
VOTE: ABR - FTFY

Salty or not, this is a new game with new people who don't give a shit about your personal problems. Commit to the game or replace out.

I don't really understand this vote at all. Could you explain it?

In post 324, Anatole Kuragin wrote:Also seems like she just gave "town-ish" to the stronger, experienced leader type players - reck, hito, tso. Feels like buddying up to people who might find her out.

In post 326, Anatole Kuragin wrote:Also, if she turns up mafia there's a good chance at least one partner is on that list.

Which is it? And why do you think newbscum would be more likely to make such a list than newbtown?

How many times is this whole '"Why do you think Venrob is town?" "Why do you think he's scum?"' back and forth going to have to happen before everyone realizes he's actually scum and that we should lynch him?

Because newbtown are still TRYING to find mafia and have opinions on other players. Mafia pretend to have opinions on other players, which lead to manufactured attempts at scumhunting, which is what your post looks like.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:07 am

Post by T S O »

meanwhile, your case on Jargo, which we can summarise as ???, is a lot more convincing.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:08 am

Post by T S O »

ABR, if you want people to listen to you, then actually consider reading and responding to cases rather than "wow, rubbish case, sheep plz!"
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:22 am

In post 331, T S O wrote:meanwhile, your case on Jargo, which we can summarise as ???, is a lot more convincing.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:24 am

Post by T S O »

He hasn't even explained why he's scumreading Jargo, yet dismisses the Venrob case out of hand.
-Marquis
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:26 am

In post 334, T S O wrote:He hasn't even explained why he's scumreading Jargo, yet dismisses the Venrob case out of hand.

Right. I thought you were referring to me.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:48 am

Post by T S O »

I would never do that to you, Anatole.
-Marquis
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:53 am

That's sweet tso.

But you don't see any merit to *my* case against jargo?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:06 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 329, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 319, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 317, Albert B. Rampage wrote:What are your reasons for thinking that he's scum? ELI5

- Self-meta wall ("I'm always scum!")
- Votes Aronis for having only one post, then unvotes to jokevote the mod, then when he votes Aronis again he hides behind the reasoning of THE CAPTAIN IS VOTING HIM!
- More self meta wall
- Sudden decrease in activity coinciding with suspicion being thrown his way (and "my internet is flickering" is the bullshittiest of bullshit excuses)

One of the worst cases I've ever read. Won't be voting for this guy.

Can you tell me why he's town? Because you seem to have a town read on him, which means you need reasons for thinking he's town. You can think he's null, you can think he's not particularly town or scum, but when you think he's town and THREE PLAYERS (maybe more) have asked you repeatedly to explain why, you need to explain. Whether or not you agree with my reasons for viewing Venrob as scum, I gave them. Your turn.
green shirt thursdays
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:11 am

Post by Venmar »

I think what makes Venrobs self-meta wall scummy is the fact it was so unprovoked and out of the ordinary. If he did it the right context I would likely just roll my eyes but in this case, no.

ABR's "Venrob should not be lynched Day 1" shtick is lame.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:22 am

Post by T S O »

In post 323, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
In post 248, Jargonaut wrote:State of the Universe:
My internet is still down. I'm currently trying to use the sketchy unsecured wifi coming from my neighbor's house but it is unreliable.
Venrob is still scum.
TSO is town-ish.
Reckoner is town-ish.
Espresso is null.
Hitogo is town-ish.
Albert B. Rampage is scum-ish.

Espresso seems more genuine upon reread, and I don't think his confusion was fake.

Albert seems to be consistently reading people for bad reasons. Town can use bad reasoning, but the fact that he's consistently doing it seems like he's trying to artificially come up with reasoning for his reads.

Belisaurus, can you explain post 164?

I am voting Jargon because this post is the scummiest thing I have seen this game.

Mafia reads post checklist:

[✓] Vague comments both attacking and defending players with no conviction (Defending espresso, calling out Albert for "consistently" bad reads, even though the only read he gave was "vernob is probably town" plus the policy lynch on aronis which isn't a read) (this is a weaker point than the next two)
[✓] Lots of "ish" reads to justify any necessary future move
[✓] Only decisively call scum someone who already has a good chance of being lynched
[✓] Ask a question to look like you're contributing but never follow up on it

a) This is one of your stronger points, actually.
b) This isn't good, I agree with you, but it's more a supporting point rather than a real scumtell. Let me check something.
c) I agree with this, but I also agree with Venrob-scum. For this to be scummy, either you disagree with his scumreads or you think that not having an outlandish scumread is indicative of scum - which is it?
d) Beli just introduced the idea of a third party out of the blue - I actually meant to question that but just assumed he was trolling. It's not a terrible question, actually.

That's true, but Reck and hito look Town, and without blowing my own horn, so do I.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:22 am

Post by T S O »

Venmar seems townish.

I'm not sure whether Venrob is scum or ABR is scum who's trying to white knight the shit out of the Venrob wagon. I feel one of the two is likely.
-Marquis
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:32 am

In post 340, T S O wrote:
In post 323, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
In post 248, Jargonaut wrote:State of the Universe:
My internet is still down. I'm currently trying to use the sketchy unsecured wifi coming from my neighbor's house but it is unreliable.
Venrob is still scum.
TSO is town-ish.
Reckoner is town-ish.
Espresso is null.
Hitogo is town-ish.
Albert B. Rampage is scum-ish.

Espresso seems more genuine upon reread, and I don't think his confusion was fake.

Albert seems to be consistently reading people for bad reasons. Town can use bad reasoning, but the fact that he's consistently doing it seems like he's trying to artificially come up with reasoning for his reads.

Belisaurus, can you explain post 164?

I am voting Jargon because this post is the scummiest thing I have seen this game.

Mafia reads post checklist:

[✓] Vague comments both attacking and defending players with no conviction (Defending espresso, calling out Albert for "consistently" bad reads, even though the only read he gave was "vernob is probably town" plus the policy lynch on aronis which isn't a read) (this is a weaker point than the next two)
[✓] Lots of "ish" reads to justify any necessary future move
[✓] Only decisively call scum someone who already has a good chance of being lynched
[✓] Ask a question to look like you're contributing but never follow up on it

a) This is one of your stronger points, actually.
b) This isn't good, I agree with you, but it's more a supporting point rather than a real scumtell. Let me check something.
c) I agree with this, but I also agree with Venrob-scum. For this to be scummy, either you disagree with his scumreads or you think that not having an outlandish scumread is indicative of scum - which is it?
d) Beli just introduced the idea of a third party out of the blue - I actually meant to question that but just assumed he was trolling. It's not a terrible question, actually.

That's true, but Reck and hito look Town, and without blowing my own horn, so do I.

Point c is only scummy in conjunction with the other points. It's not inherently scummy to call vernob scummy, but when that's
all you have
it gives me an impression that you aren't scumhunting.

It's fine to question Beli, but Jargo seemed completely disinterested in his response or following up or anything. Also a weak point in retrospect.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:41 am

Post by Paschendale »

I think the Jargo case is actually pretty good. Especially the opportunistic scumreads. Scum like to make moves that are safe.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:50 pm

Post by havingfitz »

OK...doing a little re-read and I just finished page 3. Still not a big fan of Espresso but I can't resist...

VOTE: Venrob
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Jargonaut
Jargonaut
Goon
Jargonaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:57 pm

Post by Jargonaut »

In post 343, Paschendale wrote:I think the Jargo case is actually pretty good. Especially the opportunistic scumreads. Scum like to make moves that are safe.

Which of my scum reads do you think are opportunistic?
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by Belisarius »

In post 345, Jargonaut wrote:Which of my scum reads do you think are opportunistic?

Why do you give a rat's arse?
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:24 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Caught up until I'm behind again...

Albert B. Rampage - not a fan of this game. Mostly for the Aronis PL stuff. My reads seem to be opposite his.
Anatole Kuragin - leaning town
Aronis - null to town
Belisarius - playing around too much. Suspect.
Espressojet - Suspect. Screw new.
havingfitz -
Town

hitogoroshi - town read
Jargonaut - null...need to look over case/s against her again
Paschendale - null
T S O - town read
Venmar - town? Need to look over again.
Venrob - Suspect
xRECKONERx - null to town
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Jargonaut
Jargonaut
Goon
Jargonaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:31 pm

Post by Jargonaut »

To help get a read on him. I want to seem him actually explain.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

You want to lynch Venrob? Alright, let's lynch Venrob.

Unvote, vote Venrob

I really don't care one way or another.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”