Newbie 1517: Crossroads Mafia (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:09 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

Just because you ignored my question.

I ISO-d Doogal today, and of all the promised activity that would help him vote, only the last 5 posts (of 20) showed me gameplay, and only resulted in a RVS vote, imo.
So, I would want to put Doogal on the lynch-inspection list.

It also looks to me that you (Glass) is playing quite differently from your last game as a mafioso. It puts you low on the list.

I want to look closer at shaddowez and acryon before I move my vote.
Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:21 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 124, shaddowez wrote:...
I'm only half-tempted to respond to this
, since there's not actually a question or evidence of wanting a reaction, but I will anyway. Mind you, I can only speak for myself, not for Rach.

First of all, I'm not sure how asking one specific player, in one post, if they have reads counts as "pressing to get more reads".
I'd hate to see what happened if I asked twice.
Second, one read is still more than zero. If you're not interested in hearing from everybody, or at least the people you're suspicious of, that's up to you. I had questions about TSO, he hadn't posted anything I felt had much content at the time, so I asked him about reads. And that brings me to my last point - that was over 50 posts ago. He has posted more since, which is why I haven't asked him about it again.

I would want to put my wote on shaddowez, but since he is V/LA until tomorrow I'll just put it in my pocket for now.

UNVOTE:
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:38 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

OK. After ISO'ing T S O I think I'll go back to my original wagon. Lot's of posts (even though he's V/LA indefenately) but strong mafia-vibes from the contents.

VOTE: T S O
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:17 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

And then I notice this in T S O's signature: "Going on a 23-day hiatus due to a lengthy social gathering; I'm not leaving Mafiascum, but I doubt I'll have access from day 1 (19/07/14) to day 22 (09/08/14). Apologies for any inconvenience!"

So, is this basically a V/LO lasting close to the end of day 2?
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:52 am

Post by Glass »

billi wrote:
OK. After ISO'ing T S O I think I'll go back to my original wagon. Lot's of posts (even though he's V/LA indefenately) but strong mafia-vibes from the contents.

Can you explain the TSOscum thing to me? I've got nothing but town vibes from him.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:34 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

He's not looking for much. He's reacting to Victor. He's reacting to Doogal.
He's writing a lot of posts but he seems to keep the focus just on those players that are active.
My 3rd vote on him, originally wasn't purely RVS, although mainly it was so.
Victor may have been reading him correctly, although he was presenting his case in an unconvincing manner. Dismissing that case must not exonerate T S O from possible mafia-participation.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:04 pm

Post by RachMarie »

If you put that in standard format

from day 1 (19/07/14) to day 22 (09/08/14)

becomes

7/19/14 to 8/9/14
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

That's not standard for me. :nerd:
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:15 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

So, by reading the rules again, T S O will be online again mid-night 2 (or day 3 if the previous days don't last the full 2 weeks).

@MOD: How does that affect the game? Being out of it for the critical part of day 1 and the whole of day 2?
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by RachMarie »

yeah that is starting today right not last month duh

yeah thinking TSO should probably think of replacing out of this game then if his V/LA is that long and that unable to post at all

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:27 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

TSO is replacing out; Malakittens takes over as IC.

Vote count incoming; everyone who hasn't posted for 48 hours is actually V/LA, so no prods at present.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:32 pm

Post by Malakittens »

I hatez Peng for this. >:

I kinda skimmed through the thread, but never really fully read from the beginning.

Likely do it before or after work tomorow as I decided to wind myself down today.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Clusk92
Clusk92
Goon
Clusk92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:41 am

Post by Clusk92 »

In post 180, Billi bilaði wrote:He's not looking for much. He's reacting to Victor. He's reacting to Doogal.
He's writing a lot of posts but he seems to keep the focus just on those players that are active.
My 3rd vote on him, originally wasn't purely RVS, although mainly it was so.
Victor may have been reading him correctly, although he was presenting his case in an unconvincing manner. Dismissing that case must not exonerate T S O from possible mafia-participation.

Would you not expect him to focus on active players? Focusing on inactive players is a lot more difficult as there's a lot less to go off.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:36 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 187, Clusk92 wrote:...Would you not expect him to focus on active players? Focusing on inactive players is a lot more difficult as there's a lot less to go off.

Yes, but...
You have to take all these things together.
T S O has way more posting activity than anybody else, but still only half-hearted attempts to draw the other players into the game. Like he's just going through the motions to be able to say: "Hey, look, I was trying to draw them in!"
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:43 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 185, penguin_alien wrote:
... everyone who hasn't posted for 48 hours is actually V/LA, so no prods at present.

So, is acryon V/LA without the other players knowing about it?

He came into Alesteors dead slot and gave us 5 posts in about a day, and then disappeared.
It's wery easy to read his posts as distancing himself from a mafia-role.

He jumps up to the top slots in my suspect list.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:45 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 124, shaddowez wrote:
In post 123, Billi bilaði wrote:
In post 79, shaddowez wrote:
TSO - Do you have any reads to give?
You've thrown out random one-liners here and there, but nothing with any real meat to it...

In post 101, RachMarie wrote:...
Who else are you looking at,
both of us do agree on a town read on Doogal but what about the rest of the players are you so tunnel vision on me that you are missing the forest for the trees?

Still working on getting back up to par but I still do not see a case for Doogal scum why are you pushing it so hard Vic?
Are you even looking at other players? Do you have any town reads yet?

It is not enough to just complain about activity ask questions find out what people are thinking so you can figure out who is scum

I have seen a single read from each of you, and you're both pressing to get more reads from others.

I'm only half-tempted to respond to this, since there's not actually a question or evidence of wanting a reaction, but I will anyway. Mind you, I can only speak for myself, not for Rach.

First of all, I'm not sure how asking one specific player, in one post, if they have reads counts as "pressing to get more reads". I'd hate to see what happened if I asked twice. Second, one read is still more than zero. If you're not interested in hearing from everybody, or at least the people you're suspicious of, that's up to you. I had questions about TSO, he hadn't posted anything I felt had much content at the time, so I asked him about reads. And that brings me to my last point -
that was over 50 posts ago. He has posted more since, which is why I haven't asked him about it again.

As I'm re-reading the game, I want to make one more comment about this:
Yes, it was over 50 posts later, and more from T S O - but - there were no more reads from T S O during that period. Not one.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:13 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

shaddowez is back from V/LA, so I'll move my vote over, since T S O has been replaced.
(I can easily see a T S O / shaddowez mafia after my re-reading.)

VOTE: shaddowez
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:04 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Here, but not feeling well, will post tomorrow.

shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:51 pm

Post by shaddowez »

Since Billi referenced different parts of my post in three separate posts (Post #128,Post #129, and Post #190), I'll respond to them all here, but am not going to quote them all.

You made a statement, with a barely inferrable question linked to it. The reason I said "half-tempted" was because the first couple of times I read it, my thoughts were "He's just making a point". It finally occurred to me you might be looking for clarification, so decided that it would make more sense for me to actually respond.

Word choice and phrasing are pretty much everything here. You chose to use the phrase "pressing for more reads". Whether that's what you meant or not (as I know you described in one of your subsequent posts), it's what you said in your initial post. Based on that, I replied with snark about asking a second time. In no way did I mean that defensively, and honestly I'm not sure how that could be read defensively. If that's how you saw it, fine, but not what I meant.

Regarding post count and content, you are correct - TSO did not provide any more reads in between those posts, but there was some content that I was satisfied with for the time being. His last couple of posts have me concerned again, but with him not being around at this point in time I'm not sure following up with him immediately makes any sense. I'll wait for his return (or replacement if it comes to that) to do so.

As for your vote on me, other than the two or three lines from the one post you keep harping on, what makes you think I'm scum?
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:32 pm

Post by Glass »

VOTE: victor

3 days to lynch, no time to screw around I guess. He has already claimed VT so there is no risk of outing PRs here.

All aboard the victor wagon.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:02 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Vote count 1.06:

With nine alive, it takes five to lynch!

Clusk92 (L-5):
Billi bilaoi (L-5):
Doogal121 (L-5):
Glass (L-5):
shaddowez (L-4): Billi bilaoi
acryon (L-5):
VictorDeAngelo (L-2): Clusk92, shaddowez, Glass
RachMarie (L-4): Doogal121
Malakittens (L-3): RachMarie, VictorDeAngelo

Not voting: acryon, Malakittens, Glass

V/LA: acryon through 7/21

Deadline is in (expired on 2014-07-24 00:46:38)

Prodding VictorDeAngelo and Doogal121
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:54 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 193, shaddowez wrote:...
As for your vote on me, other than the two or three lines from the one post you keep harping on, what makes you think I'm scum?

Overall content, feeling, lurking, and that my other Vote-candidates are either V/LA or newly replaced out.
<Sigh>
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:41 am

Post by acryon »

In post 189, Billi bilaði wrote:
In post 185, penguin_alien wrote:
... everyone who hasn't posted for 48 hours is actually V/LA, so no prods at present.

So, is acryon V/LA without the other players knowing about it?

He came into Alesteors dead slot and gave us 5 posts in about a day, and then disappeared.
It's wery easy to read his posts as distancing himself from a mafia-role.

He jumps up to the top slots in my suspect list.

Just wanted to address this and say that this is my first mafia on here, and all I read regarding V/LA was to inform the mod, so that's why I didn't say anything to the group, but I will in the future if that's how it usually works. And unfortunately I just got into the game Wednesday morning and was out of town starting Friday, but thankfully I'm here for good save weekends, so you'll be hearing more from me.

In post 171, Glass wrote:@Acryon
Why haven't you voted victor?

To be honest, I'm still getting used to this online format and gauging when is an appropriate time to officially vote, etc. That being said, I guess there's no reason in dancing around it.

VOTE: VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:43 am

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

Huh, kinda expected this day to be done before I got back.

In post 146, T S O wrote:Why are you so okay with being hammered?

I have been put at intent to hammer and I'm vt. My lynch is inevitable at this point really.

In post 149, T S O wrote:Would scum Victor really be this nonchalant about being lynched?

Oh look someone wants off the wagon about to flip town #notsurprised

In post 151, Glass wrote:@Doogal
Maybe you missed my question:
Glass wrote:
Doogal wrote:FOS: Billi for running up the votecount on TSO to L-2 while knowing one of the votes was V/LA and can't get off.

I want to know if this is an actual FOS, or continuing the joking you were doing in previous posts.

Doogal wrote:OK everybody, after detailed analysis of each players ISO's, I have come up with the following list of Town/Null/Lynchable

Billi - Trying to dig up inconsistencies in votes
Glass - Trying to scumhunt
----
Clusk - Participating, not seeing much digging
Shaddows - Null
Acryon - No posts at all
Rach - Null
---
TSO - Victor was right, I was uncomfortable how quickly you called me Town after I announced I wasn't voting.
Victor - For pushing TSO because he vote prodded a lurker.

My vote comes available tomorrow and I have no problems hammering either of the lynchables after a 24 hour notice to give time to talk their way off the gallows.

I'm a bit uncomfortable about how quickly you have me in your town category after last game as well.

TSO wrote:
Would scum Victor really be this nonchalant about being lynched?

Ehhh, there has been literally no pushback from this wagon so I am having my doubts as well. Need to look into other possibilities atm.

Well I guess this sort of thinking is better late than never.

In post 152, RachMarie wrote:I think we need to rethink the Victor wagon seriously this feels like town resigned and aw f- it not like scum AtE

Forget me for a second. Who do you think is scum currently?

In post 158, Glass wrote:
billi wrote:
victor wrote:Bill on the other hand is probably scum. He held off voting in 67 despite saying the post was suspicious, then right after Shadowez highlights what he didn't like about my post Bill eagerly rewrites it in 73 and only gets around to voting in 77.

So your advice is to jump right away with your vote on every post you don't like?

I think that victor actually makes a valid point here, from what I can tell your vote on TSO at the time was just a random vote. If your current vote is random, I see absolutely no reason to not change your vote to someone who you find suspicious.

Thank you, someone finally gets what I'm saying.

In post 159, Billi bilaði wrote:
In post 156, T S O wrote:...I don't think anyone in the entire damn game has said one thing about Victor being town. There's nobody attempting to defuse a wagon on their scumbuddy. There's just acceptance...

I've made records of everybody except RachMarie categorizing Victor as Mafioso, so, yes, I believe you're right about nobody defending Victor.

UNVOTE:

Another flimsy excuse to get off my wagon.

In post 160, Billi bilaði wrote:
In post 158, Glass wrote:
billi wrote:
victor wrote:Bill on the other hand is probably scum. He held off voting in 67 despite saying the post was suspicious, then right after Shadowez highlights what he didn't like about my post Bill eagerly rewrites it in 73 and only gets around to voting in 77.

So your advice is to jump right away with your vote on every post you don't like?

I think that victor actually makes a valid point here, from what I can tell your vote on TSO at the time was just a random vote. If your current vote is random, I see absolutely no reason to not change your vote to someone who you find suspicious.

Yeah, maybe, but he packes it in statements that I have issues with.
I had recently put T S O to L-2 (in post 52, albeit all votes were RVS's), and didn't want to go back from that until everybody had had an opportunity to see that, and maybe take position on that.
I had no reason to put a first vote on Victor that would give no pressure at all.
When Victor went up to 2 votes (in posts 71 & 72), I did, however, see that as a better L-2 pressure than the T S O pressure, and so I moved my vote.

I do think the best responses come from actual pressures, and not just a single vote, so I usually look more towards using my vote in that way, especially on day one.

Yeah this whole explanation is just rubbish. RVS votes aren't pressure in the slightest. And if everyone takes the whole let's not vote to be the first one we are left twiddling our thumbs.

In post 162, Doogal121 wrote:
In post 151, Glass wrote:@Doogal
Maybe you missed my question:
Glass wrote:
Doogal wrote:FOS: Billi for running up the votecount on TSO to L-2 while knowing one of the votes was V/LA and can't get off.

I want to know if this is an actual FOS, or continuing the joking you were doing in previous posts.

Doogal wrote:OK everybody, after detailed analysis of each players ISO's, I have come up with the following list of Town/Null/Lynchable

Billi - Trying to dig up inconsistencies in votes
Glass - Trying to scumhunt
----
Clusk - Participating, not seeing much digging
Shaddows - Null
Acryon - No posts at all
Rach - Null
---
TSO - Victor was right, I was uncomfortable how quickly you called me Town after I announced I wasn't voting.
Victor - For pushing TSO because he vote prodded a lurker.

My vote comes available tomorrow and I have no problems hammering either of the lynchables after a 24 hour notice to give time to talk their way off the gallows.

I'm a bit uncomfortable about how quickly you have me in your town category after last game as well.

TSO wrote:
Would scum Victor really be this nonchalant about being lynched?

Ehhh, there has been literally no pushback from this wagon so I am having my doubts as well. Need to look into other possibilities atm.

Glass, that was not a joke, I had real concerns. I have since read his igloo mafia game and see that is well within his standard townie play. As for your read, you are different this game. It may be that you are town, it may just be that you don't have axle to go off. Last game, between you and axle, I had no idea what was going on. Your posts this game seem clearer and more to the point.

Now that my self imposed restraint period has past, I would like to
Vote: Rach
to get her involved in the game and participate in scum hunting, now that you are feeling better and having less computer issues.

PS, glad to hear you are feeling better. But I'm still voting for you. :)

So Doogal has two scumreads - me and TSO - but screw voting for them because Rach needs pressure to contribute - because it's not like she's had an excuse not to - like medical reasons or computer trouble... oh hang on a second.

In post 163, Glass wrote:VOTE: Clusk

But why?

More this afternoon.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:58 am

Post by acryon »

Ugh, I agree with Victor's comments too much in this last post to leave that vote.

UNVOTE:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”