Newbie 1521: Game of Death(OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:33 pm

Post by Riabi »

In post 98, Espressojet wrote:I'm not angry, but your use of GM's meta as the only evidence against her doesn't strike me as very good scumhunting.

While certainly not the best evidence, we don't have much at this point.
Espressojet
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by Espressojet »

In post 100, Riabi wrote:
In post 98, Espressojet wrote:I'm not angry, but your use of GM's meta as the only evidence against her doesn't strike me as very good scumhunting.

It's page 5. What, do you expect to have perfect reads on everybody at this point? This is why we keep digging deeper and don't stick ourselves on one point.

(I'm sorry if my tone comes across as upset or demeaning. In my head it all comes out in a calm voice.)
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:43 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 101, Espressojet wrote:

It's page 5. What, do you expect to have perfect reads on everybody at this point? This is why we keep digging deeper and don't stick ourselves on one point.

(I'm sorry if my tone comes across as upset or demeaning. In my head it all comes out in a calm voice.)

However pressuring people that you suspect, even a little bit, it a fairly good way to get a better read on someone, be it town or scum.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:48 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 98, Espressojet wrote:GM, it's obvious people want answers to your thoughts right now, so why withhold them?

A couple reasons:
1. educational reasons
2. reaction-y reasons
3. because sheep reasons
4. i need sleep reasons

will be back tomorrow with full discussion

bitmap excess focus odd
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Espressojet
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:06 pm

Post by Espressojet »

In post 103, goodmorning wrote:
In post 98, Espressojet wrote:GM, it's obvious people want answers to your thoughts right now, so why withhold them?

A couple reasons:
1. educational reasons
2. reaction-y reasons
3. because sheep reasons
4. i need sleep reasons

will be back tomorrow with full discussion

bitmap excess focus odd

That rhymed...

... I love you
Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by Riabi »

Exactly, we don't have much to go on, so we start with the little bit we do have and go from there.
Starling
Starling
Townie
Starling
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by Starling »

Riabi asks me about GM's meta
I respond
Bitmap agrees
Espresso disagrees
Riabi asks for clarification
Espresso clarifies, vehemently, with exclamation points and expletives, that he disagrees
Less than ten posts later, Espresso says that we are "stuck on one point", without having offered any other points we might want to pursue.
I would vote Espresso, but his actions are only scummy based on an assumed pairing between him and GM, and I'm not comfortable with making that assumption at this point.

GM's rhyming is clever but not helpful. I'm coming to expect no help from her, though.

Still getting Kib as townish. Bitmap, less so. I would vote Nuff at this point because we have seen next to nothing from him, and nothing useful, but I don't want an easy lynch at L-2 just in case.

Rex, you weren't around for a large portion there. How are things looking to you at this point?
Espressojet
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:46 pm

Post by Espressojet »

In post 106, Starling wrote:

Riabi asks me about GM's meta
I respond
Bitmap agrees
Espresso disagrees
Riabi asks for clarification
Espresso clarifies, vehemently, with exclamation points and expletives, that he disagrees
Less than ten posts later, Espresso says that we are "stuck on one point", without having offered any other points we might want to pursue.
I would vote Espresso, but his actions are only scummy based on an assumed pairing between him and GM, and I'm not comfortable with making that assumption at this point.

GM's rhyming is clever but not helpful. I'm coming to expect no help from her, though.

Still getting Kib as townish. Bitmap, less so. I would vote Nuff at this point because we have seen next to nothing from him, and nothing useful, but I don't want an easy lynch at L-2 just in case.

Rex, you weren't around for a large portion there. How are things looking to you at this point?

You're really getting into this aren't you?
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by Bitmap »

In post 103, goodmorning wrote:
bitmap excess focus odd

Huh?
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

@Starling

So far I have a slight town Kiboat hunch simply because of his activity. He seems to be asking lots of good questions and trying to get some good discussions going.

I don't like gm continuing to not answer any questions but hopefully her "full discussion" tomorrow will clear that up.

I'm getting a scumread on Nuff right now due their lack of posts. Their only posts so far has been a RVS and an unvote from that with lots of excuses about not reading the previous posts. At the moment I hope that they continue to get pressured and respond so I can try and get a more definitive read off of them.

POST MORE NUFF! You too NicCage!
Espressojet
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by Espressojet »

I'm just waiting for tomorrow's supposed magical reveal
Nuff
Nuff
Goon
Nuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:53 am

Post by Nuff »

In post 110, Espressojet wrote:I'm just waiting for tomorrow's supposed magical reveal

I love magic!

Onto the inquiries about me: There's not much else I can say aside from what I already have, to defend myself. To be honest, looking back over my (2) posts in the thread, I suppose I do come off as a bit scummy, with an RV after the RVS stage was "over", and then with my defense of ignorance and jest. Reading over the thread again though, I'm getting a bit of a scumread on Riabi, as he's been quick to follow along with the discussion and jump from one person to another on votes. Other than him, I'm kind of on the fence about Goodmorning. Not delving as far as some of you are by looking into past games, but iunno. Being helpful and being cryptic are different things.

With that being said, if the consensus becomes to lynch me, you'll at least have my FOS's or thoughts on some potential mafia parties. Hopefully it's enough to help the town win!
Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:12 am

Post by Riabi »

Jump from one person to another on votes?... there was T-Rex, who was an RV, then there was you, which was essentially another RV because I didn't realize I could do a no-vote. Then, once I remembered that part, I changed to no-vote. Had I remembered I could have gone from T-Rex to no-vote... I would have. Being a noob =/= being scum.
Nuff
Nuff
Goon
Nuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:31 am

Post by Nuff »

That's why I said "a bit scummy". As I've labeled my posts as such, as well, I'm just pointing out my views on it that's all. A plea of ignorance can only get us so far.
Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:54 pm

Post by Riabi »

Everyone went quiet. Are we all just waiting for GM's promised post?
Starling
Starling
Townie
Starling
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:57 pm

Post by Starling »

I would really like to hear from GM and, especially, NicCage. He's a totally unknown commodity at this point and that makes me nervous.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:58 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

Yeah I would very much like to hear something from NicCage seeing as he said he would post last night and never did...
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:12 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

Vote Count 1.02

Bitmap(2)
- Kiboat, NicCage
Espressojet(1)
- goodmorning
Nuff(2)
- TyrannicalTRex, Bitmap
TyrannicalTRex(1)
- Espressojet
Not Voting(3)
- Riabi, Starling, Nuff

Vote History:

Riabi - , ,
Kiboat -
Starling -
Espressojet -
Nuff - ,
TyrannicalTRex -
Bitmap - ,
NicCage -
goodmorning -

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Deadline is on Saturday, August 2, 2014, 5:00 AM{(expired on 2014-08-02 05:00:00)}

Mod notes:

None for now.
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:34 am

Post by Bitmap »

Will re-read but mostly waiting for GM and Nic's post.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:29 am

Post by NicCage »

Sorry guys, I'm being shitty. I'll try to poop out some posts during the day if I can, or a big one at night. If I can't get my shit in gear I'll replace out and stop wasting you guys' time
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:03 am

Post by NicCage »

Well I feel comfortable saying kiboat is clearly town, his play style and tone look open to me. Not that this opinion is too original

Bitmap worries me a bit.

And GM is worrying me too. I wonder, GM, you have a lot of posts that say hmmmm but no explanation or follow up. Are you waiting for questions?
In regards to the quiet strategy, and teaching, are you trying to avoid playing mother duck?
Kiboat
Kiboat
Townie
Kiboat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:25 am

Post by Kiboat »

In post 118, Bitmap wrote:Will re-read but mostly waiting for GM and Nic's post.

Would you mind elaborating on why you voted for Nuff?

In post 120, NicCage wrote:Bitmap worries me a bit.

For any reason in particular?
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:04 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 121, Kiboat wrote:
In post 118, Bitmap wrote:Will re-read but mostly waiting for GM and Nic's post.

Would you mind elaborating on why you voted for Nuff?

I thought his post was bad. About to vote for Nic/GM for both being useless.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:07 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 120, NicCage wrote:
And GM is worrying me too. I wonder, GM, you have a lot of posts that say hmmmm but no explanation or follow up. Are you waiting for questions?
In regards to the quiet strategy, and teaching, are you trying to avoid playing mother duck?

Actually this bit is towny because I was thinking the same. Still not happy with Nic's catch up post though.
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:55 am

Post by NicCage »

I wouldn't call it a catch up post as much as me just getting my feet wet.
What's your read on riabi? Do you think GM's problem with his first post is entirely contrived?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”