He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4350 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:36 pm

Post by Venmar »

So the former, thanx.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4351 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:40 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Why even sign up for a game at all though if you are going to be V/LA for longer than a week?
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4352 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:44 pm

Post by Speaker for the Dead »

In post 4343, AngryPidgeon wrote:Muffin just vote me. I want out.

*shrug*

i don't know what to do in this game

i've made it super obvious multiple times with really, really simple explanations why it's dumb to lynch a claimed vig. i've made it super obvious multiple times with really, really simple explanations why it's dumb for scum to even claim vig in a setup like this.

so i'm lost and i've basically given up on this game

we have one neighbourhood with super secret information that they apparently can't share even though if it is multiscum with a 3/3 split the neighbourhood scum split is most likely 2/2/1/1 meaning there's almost GUARANTEED scum in their PT but they're fine with keeping town in the dark because they apparently know better

PV is making it really obvious he is scum but he is being ignored because *shrug* i mean i don't have the best record in reading PV but the tone and attitude in his push on you looks like scum - i think town-PV is way more likely to take a more... i dunno... neutral approach to you? if that makes sense? like he would still call you scum but not with the same conviction, and he'd be all about questioning you rather than going "nah you contradicted yourself!!!!!" (i know he's kinda questioning you here but the approach is just way different to how i usually see him do it as town)

the funny thing is, your threats to sabotage the objectives are exactly the sort of thing i was thinking of saying if you were ever put to L-1. i decided it was probably best not to, but i was seriously considering just saying "if AP ever gets put to l-1 i'm voting every single hood" - i'm like super-ready to just check out of this game and accept a loss, i just literally could not care less about who wins or loses this game at this point

i dunno what you're expecting of me here. lately i've just stopped caring about this crap. putting effort into a game, making reasoned arguments that make sense, etc... none of that matters in mafia. it's sad. it makes the game not fun. i might talk about it some place further down the line, maybe make a MD thread about it, i dunno, but something i've noticed a lot in mafia games lately is that lynches don't even require any semblance of a case, of logic, of well-reasoned arguments any more and it's all about whoever yells the loudest or is the most charismatic. which is fun on some level because it's interesting to see what lynches do or don't go through based on nothing, but it also makes the game thoroughly unenjoyable at times.

i'm kinda just at the point where i don't give a shit anymore. i hope town loses. i don't care if you sabotage objectives. go ahead. fuck them. fuck towns that rely on PRs over scum hunting. fuck this town in particular.

like i know how you feel and in tales i probably would have fought hard to stop your lynch but ever since tales i've just not given a shit. tales was really sapping and it wasn't even the scum team that made it soul-sapping, it was the fucking town. the scum were just along for the ride.

i don't know what to say here. i don't know how to stop your lynch. games like this make me want to take a long break from mafia.
"Sickness and healing are in every heart; death and deliverance in every hand.” orson scott card, speaker for the dead
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4353 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:46 pm

oh and ULF couldn't be any more obvious scum if he copy pasted his role PM word for word but even then you'd have people going, "oh, that metal sonic, getting up to his usual shenanigans! i just can't read him for shit! maybe he's still town, i dunno, i'll put him in my null pile and maybe let him live til lylo"
"Sickness and healing are in every heart; death and deliverance in every hand.” orson scott card, speaker for the dead
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4354 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:48 pm

Post by Venmar »

Vote: ULF

AP isn't getting lynched today.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4355 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:55 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Serious talk, I teared up a little. That's exactly what I needed to hear.

Re PV: I'm leaning slightly town on him right now. Honestly he has been over vested in his push on me. I don't particularly see why he would stick his neck out so far as scum when "lolevidence" and general consensus is that I'm confirmed scum. Now given that it's prob multi faction I could be way of base and PV is scum and legitimately thinks I'm confscum. I don't know. I'm reading his persistence as stubborn town who is probably caught up in getting revenge for Tales. His train of thought looks genuine. It's like I can feel the gears teeing to spin but the rust of vengeance won't let them.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4356 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:58 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Trying* on phone.

I don't feel amazing about that read but yeh. At least pv is doing his best to make a case. He just wants to pin me so bad he can't parse my answers. Scum or tunneling I think the latter has more motive.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4357 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:00 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

AngryPidgeon (6) - Cloud Nine, Ultimate Life Form, Rogue, PeregrineV, Feu et Vol, Borkjerfkin
Venmar (1) - ika
RubikAshtray (1) - EspeciallyTheLies
PeregrineV (1)- Speaker for the Dead
ULF (1) - Venmar

Not Voting (6) - My Milked Eek, Toogeloo, SnowStorm, Sharpest-knife-on-tree, RubikAshtray, AngryPidgeon

This is what I got so far, and I'm fairly certain that the deadline to lock in lynch predictions has expired at this point.

The Outcasts majoritied AP for the lynch choice. Interestingly enough, Rogue switched his vote to Rubik to be the lynch prediction, and yet Rogue is still on AP.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4358 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:01 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Also, I'm sure it's been stated to death, but our hood is so retardedly dysfunctional it's depressing.
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4359 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:02 pm

well (a) he is not sticking his neck out because if you do get lynched and flip town, all he's done is point out stuff that isn't technically wrong (even if your explanations make sense), and (b) i don't actually believe anyone who is reading the game thinks you're confirmed scum, and the conviction of the push is what worries me most, because i don't think PV would be that over vested as town and i can totally see him attempting to give off an aura of confidence like that as scum

this is, of course, discounting the possibility he actually thinks you're not-him-scum
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4360 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:07 pm

also the funniest part is my hydra partner is nearly convinced youre scum for reasons it would be antitown to discuss but im considering talking about it anyway because fuck it
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4361 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:10 pm

Post by ika »

In post 4357, Toogeloo wrote:Interestingly enough, Rogue switched his vote to Rubik to be the lynch prediction, and yet Rogue is still on AP.

facinating, AP also decided to vote rubrix in our QT on who it should will be.....
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4362 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:17 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

PV is one of the few people taking some direct responsibility in pushing me. The others are going at it as a neighborhood or just sort of following suit. PV is trying his Darndest to punch holes in my posts and I think he can reasonably expect that to look bad if I flip town.

I don't know. Sonic has directly stated that I'm lying about my role. The other thrusts on me are all about information that apparently is strong enough to lynch nk bait with. I would argue that just sheeping along makes more sense and PV is doing that the least.

I can see him wanting vengeance for Tales ssubconsciously or at least not trusting me.

Mollie misreading me here is a laugh.
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4363 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:10 pm

In post 4362, AngryPidgeon wrote:Mollie misreading me here is a laugh.

*shrug* from the skype conversations we've had i can _somewhat_ understand it

she thinks someone else has been softing vig

she thinks bork's neighbourhood has a guilty of some sort on you (even though it's super obvious they don't - my guess is what happened is they were waiting on feu to say something, feu said something, and now bork is using that to push your lynch, but they're completely fine with keeping town in the dark because they either don't realise how likely it is there's scum in their hood if it's multiscum 3/3 or they just don't care for some reason and are fine with keeping town in the dark anyway)

she also agrees with some things etl said about you or something and something about face to face and knowing you in real life and i dunno something something something

needless to say, my response has pretty much been "ok. i still think he's town"
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4364 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:49 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

In post 4363, Speaker for the Dead wrote:she thinks bork's neighbourhood has a guilty of some sort on you (even though it's super obvious they don't - my guess is what happened is they were waiting on feu to say something, feu said something, and now bork is using that to push your lynch, but they're completely fine with keeping town in the dark because they either don't realise how likely it is there's scum in their hood if it's multiscum 3/3 or they just don't care for some reason and are fine with keeping town in the dark anyway)

Stop fishing.
Eek
!
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4365 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:59 pm

suck a fat one

there's scum in your neighbourhood you dumb fuck
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4366 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:12 pm

stating my intention to vote bork's hood before this day ends and hammer AP myself if he ever reaches L-1

just hope youre quick enough to avoid me doing it!

fuck all of you
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4367 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:14 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

That's not nice =/
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4368 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:20 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

In post 4365, Speaker for the Dead wrote:suck a fat one

there's scum in your neighbourhood you dumb fuck

What's wrong? Is the scum in our neighborhood not in your faction and you don't know what we're doing? Is that it? Is that the reason you're fishing?

Look, there's at least 2 townies left in the neighborhood, if something is suspicious or anti-town, we'd let you know.
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4369 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:20 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

Dumb fuck.
Eek
!
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4370 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:26 pm

In post 4368, My Milked Eek wrote:What's wrong? Is the scum in our neighborhood not in your faction and you don't know what we're doing? Is that it? Is that the reason you're fishing?

yeah that's totally it

i'm scum

you got me

have a rainbow vote, fuckwit

V
O
T
E
:
B
O
R
K
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4371 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:28 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

If you dislike the game replace out douchebag.

Don't ruin it for other players.
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4372 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:28 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

Who's this posting? muffinsomething. Full username?
Eek
!
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4373 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:28 pm

as long as i'm still alive, i'm doing everything in my fucking power to prevent you fuckwits getting the sensor

deal with it
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4374 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:29 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

I can't believe people like playing with you. Not to mention like you enough to hydra with you. Are you always like this?
Eek
!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”