Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:27 am

Post by Rob14 »

I don't buy that trolling is a scumtell, unless you're suggesting that it's a scumtell specific to this game's setup, in which case I'd want more of an explanation. I troll regularly as both alignments, although not systematically. I could point you to several other players that do as well. Maruchan, for instance.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:32 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1175, Rob14 wrote:I don't buy that trolling is a scumtell, unless you're suggesting that it's a scumtell specific to this game's setup, in which case I'd want more of an explanation. I troll regularly as both alignments, although not systematically. I could point you to several other players that do as well. Maruchan, for instance.

Why are you defending hip?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:37 am

Post by Rob14 »

I'm not? It's a shitty tell, and it's a shitty tell no matter who you apply it to, although I don't really get the hiplop wagon in general. Someone want to spell it out for me?
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:37 am

Post by Aegor »

In post 1148, DrippingGoofball wrote:
There is a point in avoiding stating town reads if you feel your opinion might make your town read more likely to be NK. In this game, this is NOT an issue and you should be sharing your town reads unless you are scum trying to keep your options open.

The setup is open and includes only two alignments, though. What is even the point of listing strong townreads when they are inconsequential to the setup anyway? Also, again, some players just tend not to list townreads.

As for the artificial reads, I have pointed out the type of post I find artificial, and you can easily see these posts peppering farside's iso. She is tunneling a single player, she is going along lynches that look like they might happen (it's easy to vote anyone when you haven't stated town reads), and she is not tying herself to many players.

I guess I just do not find those artificial. Also, town farside sheeps really horrible cases regularly. She jumped on my horribad bandwagon in a game that ended recently. So it is not really alignment-indicative for me, although certainly not ideal play.

The moaning about "having too many scum reads" and "wanting to replace out" is very distateful. She knows she has to have too many scum reads and no town reads because she's scum. She's complaining about it to beat the rest of us to the punch. She's also complaining about her own poor play in another game as town... to beat us to the punch about her bad reads this game, and twisting it ahead of town to make herself look town for it.

Still thinking about this.

In post 1155, Rob14 wrote:
Vote: Banakai

Saw something I didn't like, want to see what happens.

What happened? What did you dislike?
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 am

Post by Aegor »

Still want comments on this:

In post 1106, Aegor wrote:
In post 1102, Rob14 wrote:
That's how certain I am about Aegor. HE IS SCUM. Lynch him and I don't have to worry about that.

:igmeou: :igmeou: :igmeou:

Quote me where I said I was certain they were partners. It's a maybe at best, and
the only scum tell I have on farside constitues "If Aegor is scum, farside may be scum due to relations."
It's clearly a better idea to lynch the person who is independently scummy than the person who is only somewhat scummy by relations. I'm 99.9% sure about Aegor. I'm maybe like 60% sure about farside being scum. How does that not make sense, that I would want to vote someone I find very scummy (certain about his alignment) over someone who is moderately scummy?

---

DGB, you want to team up to be an unstoppable force of scumbusting power?
Why don't you vote Aegor now, and then I'll accuse farside with you if we're wrong?

:eek:

Especially given Rob's response, .
M A S Q U E R A D E
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:55 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 1178, Aegor wrote:

What happened? What did you dislike?

If I wanted to tell you that, I already would have. Give it time.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:57 am

Post by Rob14 »

I don't give a fuck why people vote you as long as you get lynched. If I can mislead townies into voting you, I'm all for it - it will still result in everyone's win, because you're transparently scum. Except for you and your partner, anyway.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:14 am

Post by T-Bone »

There is a point in avoiding stating town reads if you feel your opinion might make your town read more likely to be NK. In this game, this is NOT an issue and you should be sharing your town reads unless you are scum trying to keep your options open.

The setup is open and includes only two alignments, though. What is even the point of listing strong townreads when they are inconsequential to the setup anyway? Also, again, some players just tend not to list townreads.

So basically to sum this up, let's make sure scum have an excuse to avoid associating themselves with the other players. Yeah in this game probably more than other, spelling out your reads is very important. Forcing scum to spell out their reads because everyone is doing it is optimal. So you are wrong, they are not inconsequential, and I would like all your reads please.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:24 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

Why am I a scumfuck? D': I don't wanna burn in hell :cry:
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:25 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 1182, T-Bone wrote:

So basically to sum this up, let's make sure scum have an excuse to avoid associating themselves with the other players. Yeah in this game probably more than other, spelling out your reads is very important. Forcing scum to spell out their reads because everyone is doing it is optimal. So you are wrong, they are not inconsequential, and I would like all your reads please.

*facedesk*

MAYBE HE DOESN'T WANT TO SAY HIS READS BECAUSE HE'S SCUM

:facepalm:
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:26 am

Post by T-Bone »

Yes there is that, but I want him to say his reads anyway. You too.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:45 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 1174, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1147, hiplop wrote:
In post 1121, kuribo wrote:anyone wanna create a hydra with me and call it "Three-Pronged Trouser God?"

Please!

Oh god guys dont lynch me! O'm obvtown cmon

Trolling is a scumtell

then why arent you voting me after i posted nothing but erotic fiction for two pages
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:14 am

Post by Rob14 »

I kind of want to vote you for not continuing to post it, tbh.

Re: TBone - I'll get to an updated reads list soon, but honestly, not much has changed since my last one. Aeger = scum now. That's pretty much the only change, I think. It's also the only read that really matters to me at this point.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:50 am

Post by T-Bone »

That's fine, I'd like you to post it at some point in the next day or so. There's no reason a townie should be refusing, since scum have a really good incentive to refuse to do so.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:58 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1177, Rob14 wrote:I'm not? It's a shitty tell, and it's a shitty tell no matter who you apply it to, although I don't really get the hiplop wagon in general. Someone want to spell it out for me?

Well I think the theory you've erected on aegor is a shitty tell. It is null.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:00 pm

Post by farside22 »

@aegor: when I mention the change of reads I could not remember if it was you or tier part of the hydra.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 1174, DrippingGoofball wrote:Trolling is a scumtell

:dead:
link in bio
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by farside22 »

Seriously all that noise about aegor and this post moves you to the next biggest lynch away from you?

Pfft.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:36 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 1189, farside22 wrote:
In post 1177, Rob14 wrote:I'm not? It's a shitty tell, and it's a shitty tell no matter who you apply it to, although I don't really get the hiplop wagon in general. Someone want to spell it out for me?

It's null to act completely inconsistently with the goals you claim you have? M'kay.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 1192, farside22 wrote:Seriously all that noise about aegor and this post moves you to the next biggest lynch away from you?

I'll talk more about this eventually. Maybe. But right now, I think I saw something, and I want to see if I see it again.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:48 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 1193, Rob14 wrote:

It's null to act completely inconsistently with the goals you claim you have? M'kay.

He voted himself. People bitched. He voted earlier.
People stopped voting him.
You think sitting on the vote for himself makes any sense?
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:14 pm

Post by Aegor »

In post 1180, Rob14 wrote:
If I wanted to tell you that, I already would have. Give it time.

We do not have time. This game ends in a matter of days. You are voting someone at this stage in the game nekkidly while promising future reasons? They had better be excellent.

In post 1181, Rob14 wrote:I don't give a fuck why people vote you as long as you get lynched. If I can mislead townies into voting you,
I'm all for it - it will still result in everyone's win, because you're transparently scum
. Except for you and your partner, anyway.

In post 1182, T-Bone wrote:So basically to sum this up, let's make sure scum have an excuse to avoid associating themselves with the other players. Yeah in this game probably more than other, spelling out your reads is very important. Forcing scum to spell out their reads because everyone is doing it is optimal. So you are wrong, they are not inconsequential, and I would like all your reads please.

Spelling out reads is inconsequential. There are only two scum; we only get one lynch. What point is there in ranking townies?

I am likely to vote/accuse within this group:
Banakai
hiplop
Rob13

Untrod Tripod
INAUFTA (Cheery Dog)

Italicized names are ones about which I am undecided..

In post 1190, farside22 wrote:@aegor: when I mention the change of reads I could not remember if it was you or tier part of the hydra.

Probs Tier.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:29 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 1195, farside22 wrote:
In post 1193, Rob14 wrote:

He voted himself. People bitched. He voted earlier.
People stopped voting him.
You think sitting on the vote for himself makes any sense?

You think that the way he acted makes sense for someone who wants to get lynched?

Show me a jester that got lynched by saying "Yo guys, I'm a jester" and I'll vote whomever you want me to.
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

4 days. Let's hop the hiplop pop wop to victorop!
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by Rob14 »

I don't need to give you reasons at all, Aegor, excellent or otherwise.

I'm doing something to sort through my scum reads that are not you, since I suspect I will be unable to rally enough people to lynch you, and I suspect you will then flee because you KNOW I'm going to accuse you otherwise, along with several other people, probably. Right now, I need to find your partner, and IDGAF if that makes it hard or easy for people to discern my alignment.

As soon as I've gained all information that I consider useful from what I'm doing, then maybe I'll humor you.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”