Stargate SG-1 Mafia- Game OVER! BUT WHO WON!?

Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2007 11:57 am

Post by Occult »

Who the hell would kill blahgo/TCS? He didn't even post....

I'd like to hear a bit more from Al about his comments earlier (I asked before and didn't get an answer). I doubt he's mafia, but I'm getting a SK feel from him.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2007 12:00 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Occult wrote:
superstring91 wrote:second, its only page 6. no D1 espeicially in a large game like this, should be only 6 pages. hell, the first newbie i was in had 12 pages of D1
He's at 8 votes right now I believe (please don't crucify me if I'm wrong) and has 5 to go. I doubt that johhan will be lynched extreamly soon, but we need more conversation before we get anyone lynched.

I'd also like to hear a bit from Al about his earlier comment.
What comment ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by Occult »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Guys, please stop voting and unvoting. We need to decide for one.

For me its either Lowell or Johhan. Now please agree on ONE person. I want to see cases.
Albert B. Rampage wrote: @BM: Becauuuse, who caaares, let's just get someone lynched. I've played like 7 games, there wasn't a single game that started at night. I WANT BLOOD!! I WANT DEATH!!!! KILLLLLL
Albert B. Rampage wrote:1) I am happy with voting for either one, so let's cooperate and get one of them
2) They already have cases on them, although very messy
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Elias, your fishing for air.

And you know what, I would happily change places with Johhan right now. Somebody needs to be lynched, and discussion will not help find anyone Day1.

Vote: Johhan

These quotes are you pushing for a quick lynch (I think there's a couple more) I was wondering why your so bent on the quick day.

You push for less discussion (Discussion helps town BTW) and quicker lynchs.

Also in another game you are much less agressive in pushing for the lynch.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2007 12:15 pm

I did explain. Please make a re-read, Occult.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by Occult »

Ah....didn't see that.

Then I'll
FOS Albert
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

alberts lynch-craze is way suspicious, but then again it's alittle too over the top, as I just don't imagine, from what i've seen of him, that this is him as scum.
I remember correctly that you have experience that precedes this account rite?

*backs away from obvious WIFOM argument* :p
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Copp├â┬®lia
Copp├â┬®lia
Goon
Copp├â┬®lia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2007 6:25 pm

Post by Copp├â┬®lia »

[quote="Occult"]Who the hell would kill blahgo/TCS? He didn't even post....
[quote]

No joke. I think that it was either a) due to his lack of posts, i.e., someone was looking to lynch a lurker, or b) someone somehow knew he was a mason.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2007 6:36 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Ancalagon wrote:Spectrumvoid, what do you have to say for yourself? You seemed to defend johhan in your four posts that you made.
SV wrote:Is there a case on johhan other than scum giving up? Seriously speaking... I don't think the scum giving up scum-tell is applicable on page 6 with a 24/30 player game.
SV wrote:I'm very wary of the speed at which the johhan wagon is building up, especially since some people on the wagon appear lynch-hungry.

Also, I think we're missing some people... I had a valid excuse, does anyone else?

I don't like the way some people are trying to tie lowell with johhan. In a large game, on page 5, I think it's way too early to set up scum pairings. Also, johhan is a newbie. I see nothing wrong with an IC advising a newbie, it's something I've done many times in the past, and I know quite a few ICs who do the same, even outside newbie games.
Just want to hear what you have to say...
Good point ^^

Note to self to look over everyone's reasons for joining the Johann wagon and not joining it.

Coppellia - how would anyone know Blagho would be a mason, aside from like his mason partner?
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2007 9:55 pm

Post by RafK »

Glad to have woken up alive, and welcome to the new players. Please do not hesitate to get involved :)

Glad to see that the johhan push was correct. My day 1 strike rate as town continues to be awesome. Unfortunately, historically my strike rate isn't so hot after day 1, but let's push on.

My notes based on day 1:

Pollux, xyzzy- still a little suspicious for the same reason as johhan (blatant bandwagonning of DYH). Xyzzy's post 99 jumping onto the johhan wagon could easily be bussing. Pollux's 125 even more so.

BM- very very likely town, hopped on johhan early and didn't really get distracted from it. Post 197 right on the money too. In fact, BM is probably my number 1 townie bet.

pancakemix- likely town (kept the focus on pollux-x-johhan group early and got an OMGUS vote from johhan for it).

elias the thief- suspicious for trying to kill the johhan bandwagon before it starts (post 61), and (73) might be distancing. Later tried to get an Albert wagon going, but it seems like he sincerely disagreed with him and then came to understand Albert's viewpoint (by post 203).

Albert B Rampage- Strong town read based on early strong push on johhan and cutting through the crap attempt by certain persons to derail the johhan wagon in favour of DYH. While he then turned on Lowell, he insisted that lowell AND johhan were scum, and ultimately came back to johhan. Probably my number 2 town read.

theopor- suspicious for trying to wagon Dean Winchester out of nowhere once johhan was up to 5 or 6 votes. Now, Lowell went along with it, and Lowell is known town- proof positive that townies can be wrong and screw up. However, I really didn't like theopor's post 85. It seems really newbie scum trying to manufacture cases against people. Of course, Lowell agreed with THAT post too for some reason. Post 131 still trying to defend johhan. Posts 133, 135 still trying to get a Dean Winchester wagon going (almost a point in his favour actually, since this didn't look like a diversion from johhan that was likely to fly by this point). Gets on johhan at post 208 by which time johhan has 10 votes and made a ridiculous sucks-to-you claim so the end was nigh.

DYH- This is a tough call, as Lowell really was a bit suspicious. Also, johhan (who did not seem to be sophisticated) blatantly bandwagonned DYH. I am keeping my eye on DYH, but I feel at least for now that johhan bandwagonning him like that is a strong indication that DYH is not mafia.

Coppelia- Uneasy. Felt that Coppelia's 83 was coaching johhan even more than Lowell was. Also felt there was a fair bit of setup fishing going on from Coppelia, which admittedly isn't a sign of anything much necessarily. Did however defend the johhan wagon against SV's questioning, which is townieish.

PBuG- Autosuspicion for going along with the theopor/Lowell attack on DYH on the flimsiest of reasons, or lack thereof. Late jump onto the johhan wagon. Then taking part in the Albert wagon. But did get back onto the johhan wagon pretty quick. Hmm.

Rosso Carne- shows up on page 4 to vote Dean Winchester out of nowhere, then disappears again. What?

Dean Winchester- decisively town

Occult- no read, didn't get much decisive out of his posts

SV- I think some of SV's 116 looks good for SV (we have the benefit of hindsight here: why would a scum then not want to tie Lowell to johhan?) and I'm not overly concerned about the rest of SV's stuff. Not putting a strong townie read on SV, but not my first choice as scum certainly

superstring- finally gets into the game late and tries to start something on Albert. Not good.

Ancalagon- was suspicious of Pollux. OK. Not really getting involved in the major issues of the day, less OK. His view of Pollux's posts is exactly the same as mine, but the timing is off to be calling him the "most suspicious". Agree with his post 199 too, but refraining from calling him strongly town because he didn't really get involved with bandwagons at all.

metatron- very suspicious, tries hard to denigrate the johhan wagon and promote a wagon on Albert. Tries to oppose a claim when johhan is at 9 votes (post 202). Still trying to give johhan the benefit of the doubt in 213. fishes for double voter (seizing on Dean Winchester's comment that there might be one), AND tries to plant the seed that a double-voter will be scum (post 224). post 230 reads strongly like a scum recognishing the day is lost and trying to reposition himself as being anti-johhan after all.

erg0- don't like erg0 either. The attacks on Albert feel very, very much like a last ditch attempt to get an alternative up to johhan. Because this case is RIDICULOUS. Lynching someone for their theory ideas wheen there's a perfectly solid wagon going on FFS. erg0 also seems interested in fishing for a double-voter. then drops the hammer when the town is trying to have some final discussion. Hmph.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2007 9:57 pm

Post by RafK »

OK, as can be seen from the above:

1. We have some lurkers who will need to be prodded shortly (e.g. Rosso), or whom participated so little as to not rate a mention despite posting (e.g. VanDamien).

2. metatron is scum.
vote metatron

Good day.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2007 11:02 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

It may be possible that TCS was part of a big (3+) Mason group where they wern't certain of there alingments.

IMO it does seem really wierd TCS was targeted. He just came in to replace some one right at the end of day one. His kill seems like whoever killed him had some inside info, but he was just a mason so I'm not sure why someone who knew his role would think he was a threat.

This is all kind of moot, but I think we need to keeps this in mind for when the game progresses a bit.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 12:46 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i dont this the death of TCS really tells us alot. thats probably why the mafia chose him.
my suspicions today amount to: Pollux. A belated hammer in an obvious attempt to get some townie points. the fact it was on scum, is even worse than bussing, as the vote meant nothing.
Vote: Pollux
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 2:54 am

Post by VanDamien »

The vote not only meant nothing, it's explanation pings even more for me.
Pollux wrote:the only reason i asked is that even though everyone seemed to have voted, there was a few people who was wanting to hear Johanns reaction, and i didnt want to deny it, since obviously if he could defend himself sucessfully or if the players got what they wanted to hear, then he MIGHT have been able to clear his name. So i just wanted to be fair to all parties, and later in the game, if/when my name comes, i would hope i get the same treatment, you know? Still, since you only need the majority, and there is a hammer vote, you can have more than the bare minimum, and i might as well vote for who i thought too

Vote Johann
Johhan had already put up the weakest of defenses, one that had reinforced his scumminess to me. The whole part just reads as asking for a fake claim/defense later to be listened to instead of attacked.
and how is fishing for town approval seem scummy? I would hope that we all would agree on something, otherwise no lynches happen :P
We can lynch just fine with only a majority agreeing, surely doesn't take everyone.
i dont see how it can be scummy..?
Townies don't need to seek approval, they just need to go out and find the scum.
Oo, and it isnt that simple to just "vote" You have to read the posts and find whether or not you think he is, yes i thought he was, but i also have to think and consider whether he was innocent, and if those posts were that of nooby type. It's not just shoot first and ask questions later.
So, yes you thought he was scum, but you had to think and see if you could find a way to convince others he wasn't?

vote: pollux
Fnord is the whole donut.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 3:43 am

Vote: Pollux

Has the same reaction as me when I play mafia: "What ? How is that play scummy in any way !? I don't understand!"
Pollux wrote:
and how is fishing for town approval seem scummy? I would hope that we all would agree on something, otherwise no lynches happen :P

i dont see how it can be scummy..?

Oo, and it isnt that simple to just "vote" You have to read the posts and find whether or not you think he is, yes i thought he was, but i also have to think and consider whether he was innocent, and if those posts were that of nooby type. It's not just shoot first and ask questions later.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 5:36 am

Post by TBuG »

FoS: Albert

That was an awful quick third vote. I still have some suspicion left over from yesterday, because there's only so much scumminess that being a newbie can explain.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 5:45 am

Post by Occult »

I'm still very suspicious of albert but after looking at rafK's argument I'm really not liking metatron at the moment.

A good amount of his posts are one of two things: Off-topic posts and defense of johhan. With a couple of posts about the DV and the off-worlds. Besides those there isn't much else. Metatron posted enough so he would look like he was participating in the discussion of johhan's lynch.

Vote Metatron

Metatron wrote:Well, I've read through the past few pages (sorry, but It's finals week. It's been rather traumatic) And I have two comments.

1. What, exactly, is the case on Johhan? I get the case on Lowell, but Johhan has, to me, looked like the type of newbie that scum use to scape goat. I was in his position in one of my games, and it cost us the game, so I have a certain amount of sympathy for him.
Metatron wrote:You sure you really want to claim? I'm still rather against lynching Johhan.
Metatron wrote: As for Johhan...his claim makes me even more suspicious about him, but at the same time, I'm intrigued enough to listen to what he has to say before putting him one step closer into the noose.
Metatron wrote:Usually, the problem I'd have right now with Lynching Johhan is that he's just "too much" of a mafia player. His movements, especially his joke just now, were so outlandishly scummy that he'd make poor scum.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 9:05 am

Post by TBuG »

That's a pretty good argument...

Hmm. So far, I could be convinced to lynch the following people: Albert, Metatron, theopor.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 9:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

why not Pollux?

PBuG wrote:That's a pretty good argument...

Hmm. So far, I could be convinced to lynch the following people: Albert, Metatron, theopor.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 9:20 am

Post by TBuG »

Pollux I guess, but the three consecutive votes kinda bugged me.
Metatron
Metatron
Goon
Metatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 9:26 am

Post by Metatron »

I stand by what I said origonally about Johhan: I didn't understand the case against him (Might I add that NO ONE explained to me what the case was, and I still don't fully know) and I had been in his position before, and as I said, it cost town the game. It was a much smaller game, but my point remained. As I didn't know exactly what he did that was scummy, I was against lynching him.

Besides, and I know I couldn't get you guys to believe this, but when I play scum, I never defend someone who's that useless as scum.
Show
Current Stats

Protown Win/Loses: 3/1
Mafia Win/Loses: 0/1
Other Win/Loses: 0/0
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 9:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

well of the 3, only Alberts is placed with anything less than solid reasoning. 3 votes at this isnt a big problem. it wouldnt stop you placing the 3rd vote on Metatron eh?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Metatron
Metatron
Goon
Metatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 9:30 am

Post by Metatron »

Pollux...the only thing that I find really really suspicious about him is his post-lynch vote. I thought it was odd then, but... Yeah. Just voting for the hell of it makes little sense. I want to hear some sort of responce from him on that action.
Show
Current Stats

Protown Win/Loses: 3/1
Mafia Win/Loses: 0/1
Other Win/Loses: 0/0
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 9:33 am

Post by TBuG »

Battle Mage wrote:well of the 3, only Alberts is placed with anything less than solid reasoning. 3 votes at this isnt a big problem. it wouldnt stop you placing the 3rd vote on Metatron eh?
If I placed a vote right now it would be on Albert, but I don't feel like voting yet.
Rosso Carne
Rosso Carne
[]=====
Rosso Carne
[]=====
[]=====

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 10:01 am

Post by Rosso Carne »

yo rafk, dont be a jerk like that.
[13:31] glorktheinvader: and I was rocking this one guy
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 11:20 am

Post by Lowell »

Nightkilled? How distressing yet flattering.

Go town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”