Stargate SG-1 Mafia- Game OVER! BUT WHO WON!?

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 11:22 am

Post by Lowell »

Also, I'm much better looking in real life. Not bald or anything.

Again, go town.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 12:45 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Ok some thoughts - Rafk I appreciate your summary thanks.

The early votes on DYH started off from DW are just early bandwagon votes however Johann - scum was on board this quick wagon. I found Dean's reason to abort the wagon slightly curious if nothing else - day one I'd see no reason to be alarmed with a wagon of five unless you had some prior knowledge and didn't want the wagon to escalate. Scum tend to like random voting each other so it seemed odd to me.

The Johann wagon which stemmed from the DYH wagon is interesting -

Pancakemix is not scum
pancakemix wrote:Still waiting on an explaination for bandwagoning from Pollux and Johhan.
Albert is pretty damn aggressive, would be pretty manic to bus his partner so heavily, hence thinking Albert is not scum with Johann however with two NKs I'm not convinced.

Rafk, PBuG, Tony then vote Johann. I then vote Dean - reasons above before Johann self-votes, Lowell votes Dean before Coppelia unvotes her vote but doesn't comment on the votes on Johann and yeh I can see this as so called coaching so
Fos Coppelia
. DYH doesn't comment on Johann but votes Lowell. Lowell votes DYH on the back of it then PBug does.

BM moves on to the Johann wagon, Johann unvotes, Rosso ignores everything going on and votes Dean. Xyzzy votes Johann. PBug unvotes DYH and asks how many votes Johann's got, seems odd - slight bandwagon on townie Lowell - ErGo, Albert and Pollux - of these Pollux rings most alarm bells but I'm not keen on any of the votes using the argument Lowell is scummy for offering a defence of sorts to Johann. I'd agree with Johann of all people here
johhan wrote:3 successive votes for Lowell within the span of 30 minutes... suspicious
Copp votes Johann, VD reiterates vote on Johann which was a random one before I think, seems good. Dean votes Johann - SV gives a half hearted defence for Johann - more of an explanation for Lowell's behaviour. Pollux slings his bandwagon vote onto Johann - not liking this guy much and with 2 NKs he's certainly one to watch
Fos Pollux

Elias seems more concerned with Albert's aggresive playstyle. BM is not scum with Johann, Superstring is pretty unhelpful. I post that I find Johann like a clown - never was much good at finding day one scum. Pbug revotes Johann, Superstring largely avoids the Johann discussion. Occult seems to have reservations about the Johann lynch, not sure what to make of him. Some defence of Johann from SV and Anca who attacks Pollux for his bandwagonning - and I'm not at all happy with Pollux's response to the Anca observation - this guy is not helpful one bit.
Pollux wrote:if it makes u feel any more at ease, ill

unvote

FoS Albert B. Rampage

Reason:

None
Elias and Albert have a little set to, mainly focusing on Albert's wish to hurry up day one. Albert votes Johann. More defence for Johann from Anca - interesting now that first post day two Anca has tried to ping SV for her defence. Metatron offers up some defence for Albert, this is a good point from Pbug.
PBuG wrote:Initially, johhan was just randomly bandwagonned, but his reaction to the wagon is very scummy.
Ergo offers some more defence to Johann and attacks Albert, PBug votes Albert. Ergo more than once says he's keeping an eye on Lowell. Some more discussion between PBug, Elias and Albert before PBug moves back to Johann. Ergo unvotes, Pollux throws an FOS at Pbug. Metatron 196 attacks Albert. BM 197 is most definately not scum with Johann.

Lowell votes Johann known town, 202 is pretty bad from Meta. Claim in 207 is ridicoulous and the nail in the coffin. Theo votes Johann, Meta doesn't, Superstring doesn't, BM unvotes then votes again, Ergo brings up the double voter theory and Meta agrees its a good idea. Couple of people itching to hammer but don't want to end discussion namely Occult, Meta, Anca and DYH, this post here seems completely the opposite of Pollux's play so far so again worries me
Pollux wrote:Do we want to vote him now? Johann seems bad to me, but i wont hammer unless you all want the day to end as well
Ergo hammers.

As far as today goes so far - Anca picks up SV for some defence of Johann which is hypocritcial considering some of his own posts which seem to be looking to attack elsewhere i.e Pollux. Rafk's summary is helpful. Not sure what Primate and NAR are going to bring to the table either.

Another thing which I picked up on which I don't like is Copellia's fishing
Coppélia wrote: what's a likely number of scum with 30 players?

Coppélia wrote:Back to topic: If the game is based on more current Stargate, the scum could be Orii. Or would they be more of a cult thing?
Anyway I'd be happy with a Metatron or Pollux lynch maybe even a Superstring lynch but that's mainly due to lurking and lack of input so need more from him. For now
vote Metatron
- pretty much for reasons laid out above by Occult. Coppelia is also one to keep an eye on and for once BM seems likely townish so is probably to all intent and purposes scum knowing he's so damn hard to get a read on.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 3:38 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Metatron wrote:Usually, the problem I'd have right now with Lynching Johhan is that he's just "too much" of a mafia player. His movements, especially his joke just now, were so outlandishly scummy that he'd make poor scum.
And i guess you defending a scum vigorously is just so obvious that you'd make a poor scum too?

Vote: Megatron
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 4:07 pm

Post by now a ranger »

I'm just here to say I'm here, and I will read the game as soon as I can, as I'm severely limited for 2 or 3 more days.

Hai Everyone!

I like pie.
Pollux
Pollux
Goon
Pollux
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 4:46 pm

Post by Pollux »

"slight bandwagon on townie Lowell - ErGo, Albert and Pollux"

well, the DYH and the Lowell wagon was just random. The only thing wierd was that it was in 30 minutes, however, i really do not pay attention to the times on posts, and im online at wierd hours too.
"I'm not at all happy with Pollux's response to the Anca observation"

As the idiot reason i made up there from the Anca thingy, i just really had no inkling of who to vote for, so i threw stuff around at random, except for the FoS, cause albert was itching for the vote for him, really really hard, and i didnt know who was scum, and i didnt want to make the mistake of Friendly Firing a townie >_<.
"Pollux throws an FOS at Pbug"

i just threw an FoS at PBug because of my earlier suspicion of Albert, but now im not sure, since we didnt lynch a townie :D
this post here seems completely the opposite of Pollux's play so far so again worries me

The Reason i wanted to wait for everyone to talk to him and stuff is im hesitant about putting the last vote down, when some might want to see if he really is innocent. I guess he wasnt, but i didnt know at the time, and i wanted to make sure that he didnt have any last words to say that might prove otherwise.

I just really dont like the agressiveness of Albert, but since it DID find scum, im not really going to complain all that much, since i couldnt have done much better.

For now, im just going to hang back and read a few posts, and review a few, before i make any other stupid mistakes or whatnot.
Metatron
Metatron
Goon
Metatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 5:15 pm

Post by Metatron »

Oh for pete's sake. I've got a bandwagon going on me because I made a simple mistake? At least allow me to defend my actions.

I said, in the begining, that I was unsure of the case against Johhan. I asked for someone to point it out to me, but instead, I saw the bandwagon progress at a rate that I thought was insanly quick. So yes, I defended him in order to make sure you didn't screw up without putting any thought to it. Then, as I watched him more, he was so crazy that I couldn't believe he was a scum baised off of his Joke claim.
Show
Current Stats

Protown Win/Loses: 3/1
Mafia Win/Loses: 0/1
Other Win/Loses: 0/0
Pollux
Pollux
Goon
Pollux
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 5:25 pm

Post by Pollux »

i just noticed i had three votes >_<

i forgot to read page 12, crap!

anyways, @ BM

I know some of my posts were..confusing and all that. and scummy looking. I just didnt know where to go the first day, so i was just hopping on all different bandwagons that passed me on the road.

the belated hammer. Another one of my foolish posts. I just wanted to get a vote in. I could have voted for anyone else, yea, but that was teh biggest bandwagon, and it LOOKED for a bit like i was the hammer, but i missed erg0's post and his hammer, >_< >_<

@ VanDamien,
YES, townies need approval, what do you think the vote count with 13 is?
if we dont have 13 people approving it, it aint going to happen, lol.
i wasnt saying he was innocent, its just that it isnt good to fry everyone who looks at you in passing. In America, its called innocent until proven guilty. i just want to make sure i dont screw up too :D

@ albert Post 288

huh? if u had same reaction..? huh? no offense, but where is the reasoning in that? im going to have to take a line off what u just said and say, "i dont understand"

@ meta in post 296

ive tried to write a response to this that didnt include "because i was a noob" and found that every single way i write it makes me more suspicious in my eyes, therefore i am just going to say that it was a spur of the moment, and thats all.

Ive re-read, and meta seems a little suspicious to me, but im going to be reserved and go
FoS metatron
. Ill wait to see some more posts of Meta and others before my decision is set in stone..or titanium, whichever is most abundant here in Cheyenne Mountain.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 9:47 pm

Post by RafK »

Metatron wrote:I said, in the begining, that I was unsure of the case against Johhan. I asked for someone to point it out to me, but instead, I saw the bandwagon progress at a rate that I thought was insanly quick. So yes, I defended him in order to make sure you didn't screw up without putting any thought to it.

It really doesn't appear that way from reading your posts. You do ask once for a summary of the case, but you also then give your opinion that he was being scapegoated (which is inconsistent with having no idea at all of the case- if you had no idea of the case, you couldn't have an opinion on it), and then you started to try and have it both ways, saying you were "suspicious" of johhan while also trying to buy time for him to dig himself out of it or for the votes to go over to the Albert wagon instead. Trying to have it both ways, in my experience, is a very good scum tell if you spot it.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 9:48 pm

Post by RafK »

Rosso Carne wrote:yo rafk, dont be a jerk like that.
Nice to see you're still with us. Some content would be an excellent next step.
Metatron
Metatron
Goon
Metatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 2:48 am

Post by Metatron »

I think what I said was extremely consistant. Because I didn't understand the case against him, I saw nothing more than someone acting in a noobish and self destructive manner. He had just as much chance of being stupid scum as stupid town. Was there a better reason than that? I still don't know.
Show
Current Stats

Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 4:16 am

Post by Occult »

Metatron's Day 1 posts:
24 total

1 random Vote
1 post about Coppélia's name
1 vague post about the bandwagon
2 posts about stargate

1 about off-worlds

1 about how many games we're in together

1 defending johhan and attacking Albert
1 saying Al made a stupid comment
1 saying Al is an idiot
2 defending Johan (One Saying It Would Be Bad For Him To Claim)
3 about the DV

1 that defends johhan and attempts to distance himself from him at the same time
8 Off-topic posts after the lynch

5 real comments
1 defending johhan and attacking Albert
2 defending Johan (One Saying It Would Be Bad For Him To Claim)
1 that defends johhan and attempts to distance himself from him at the same time

Maybe 7 if you include these:
1 vague post about the bandwagon
1 saying Al is an idiot

I'm looking back at Pollux now, but Metatron is looking like a good play. He was very consistent at trying to get the spotlight off Johhan. Along with his posts that keep him in the game but not attacking Johhan.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 4:17 am

Post by Occult »

eh.... Ignore the bolded stuff
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 4:19 am

Post by TBuG »

Metatron seems to be grasping at straws to defend himself, and I'm liking the respectivce arguments against him.
Vote: Metatron
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 4:21 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Skimmed through only because I'm tired.

Pollux: So you're saying basically the only reason for your (belated) hammer was because it was the biggest wagon? So... will you be joining the biggest wagon today as well without any reason whatsoever?

I stand by my defense of the dead scum. When I defended him, there was a huge wagon very rapidly piling up on him, and I didn't see enough reason for the wagon. Then I was away. Then scum made that 'Yes, I confess I'm scum' post, which I was not around to respond to.

Also, I maintain that there are most likely scum on yesterday's wagon, due to its speed before the confession post (for example, the other scum-group trying to quick-lynch). Also, after the confession post, the people tried to sneak in a vote could be trying to bus.

As such, I will be looking closely at who was on the lynch and at what times.
Blank.
Ancalagon
Ancalagon
Goon
Ancalagon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 4:27 am

Post by Ancalagon »

Voidy, that doesn't make sense. You seem to twist it so that defending a scum makes you more townie, and you change the view to be on those who
actually voted for the scum
. You defended a scum player, and you're trying to make it seem scummish that people voted johhan.

I don't like this...
Wise men make proverbs; fools repeat them.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 4:31 am

Post by TBuG »

Hmm.I do see where spectrum is coming from, but I still don't like it...
Minor FoS: spectrumvoid
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Pollux
Pollux
Goon
Pollux
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 4:53 am

Post by Pollux »

no, im not joining the wagon trains anymore. its the end of day one, we have some good posts, and alot of pages, so there is more to make a choice off of now. So im going to be reviewing some more, and IF i happen to agree with the guy/girl with the most votes, i will vote, or if i happen across someone else, ill go with him/her.

me being a bandie is pretty much over now, unless i happen to agree with the wagon party.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 5:14 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I'll try to make myself clear. I'm always suspicious of whoever is on the wagon of the quick-lynch. (If you metagame any game of mine, I'm always consistent about this.)

People who quick-lynch have a high probability of being scum. I've played in a couple of large theme games, so I wouldn't eliminate the possibility of a 2nd scum-group trying to quick-lynch. Also, before the confession post, I didn't see a coherent strong case for J.
Blank.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 8:09 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

superstring91 has requested replacement. I'll get that sorted out ASAP.
#greenshirtthursdays
Metatron
Metatron
Goon
Metatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 9:13 am

Post by Metatron »

Vote count please?
Show
Current Stats

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 9:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

would the flavour support 2 scumgroups? (i know zilch about Stargate)
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 9:32 am

Post by TBuG »

I should think so, Goa'uld and Orii.
Metatron
Metatron
Goon
Metatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 12:28 pm

Post by Metatron »

We've yet to see any Orii-based flavor though. My role didn't mention them either, when by all rights it should have so honestly, I'm doubtful of the Orii presence.
Show
Current Stats

Ancalagon
Ancalagon
Goon
Ancalagon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 12:54 pm

Post by Ancalagon »

Metatron wrote:My role didn't mention them either
That word "either" just bothers me. Did it mention Goa'uld?
Wise men make proverbs; fools repeat them.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 1:50 pm

Post by TBuG »

I've been thinking that the later arrivals might be Orii, though. It fits, and it makes logical sense as to why they haven't been mentioned flavor-wise already.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”