Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:00 am

Post by Konowa »

Inactivity has little to do with why Konowa wants to lynch HighShroomish.
In post 388, HighShroomish wrote:So we have two people who decide to call everyone on their wagon scum in one game. Nice.
This post preceded both Osseus pseudotripodis and Konowa's vote. Konowa agreed with Osseus pseudotripodis's post #389. Between post #231, where it appears that HighShroomish is reading gameplay506 as town, and the above generalization of scumminess without drawing any conclusions, Konowa felt that that was enough to vote for HighShroomish. Does Mantisdreamz disagree with the reasoning behind the vote or the vote itself?

Konowa unvoted gameplay506 to see if giving gameplay506 a little bit of rope would help gameplay506 contribute without constant threat of a lynch. Alas, it has not.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:03 am

Post by geraintm »

I believe hiplop has posted on site in games other than this one after he was put at l-1
Pretty inexcusable that he hasn't replied.
He needs to claim the next time he visits the site to give us any chance of lynching someone else if he comes up with something juicy,

I am happy to vote someone I consider no use to town
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:04 am

Post by Konowa »

In post 551, geraintm wrote:I am happy to vote someone I consider no use to town
This distinction is quite rich. :roll:
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:13 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 552, Konowa wrote:
In post 551, geraintm wrote:I am happy to vote someone I consider no use to town

Why?
In other games I dislike lurkers. I don't ever claim to be a high volume poster, but I don't lurk.
I don't ever actively avoid a game whilst posting elsewhere which is what hiplop is doing. That is scummy behaviour (it might be boredom behaviour too) but it is certainly a reason to vote someone
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:22 am

Post by Konowa »

Does geraintm disagree that gameplay506 has no use to the town?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:29 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 487, d3x wrote:@hiplop- Who said I was nice?

I just wanted to believe it

In post 500, Kthxbye wrote:Like, everything Lynx posts makes me think scum...then he has the scummiest (minus gameplay who's just worthless imo) players voting him....I'm confused...

I lurked. Thats all. I was sick at the start of the game. I pointed out legitimate reasons. The guy is likely scum

In post 504, Kthxbye wrote:Oh, and for those not voting hiplop right now. Check out his posting in other games compared to this game and tell me something isn't different. He is active on site yet lurking hard core in this game. Does not sit well with me and, to me at least, points to him hiding in this game. Why hide? Well, if you're scum and don't post much, it's kinda hard to get scum read unless there's a lurker hunt.

This isn't accurate. I was caught up in those games and could easily catch up. If you really want to talk about ongoing games, look a bit deeper. of the 7 games I'm playing I was active in 4, inactive in 3.

Look lynx is voting me, how shocking.

can anyone say why they are voting me?
third best scummer of all time
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:29 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 553, geraintm wrote:

Why?
In other games I dislike lurkers. I don't ever claim to be a high volume poster, but I don't lurk.
I don't ever actively avoid a game whilst posting elsewhere which is what hiplop is doing. That is scummy behaviour (it might be boredom behaviour too) but it is certainly a reason to vote someone

neither do I. I got to this one last. Games take a while to catch up on.
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:00 am

Post by LynxKuroneko »

@ hiplop - Because I'd like a reaction out of you.

Ironic that you vote me for being opportunistic while ignoring that Burning_Earth and *especially* HighShroomish are guilty of the same.
When locked in a fortress in your own mind, be careful what door you open.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:01 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 487, d3x wrote:@hiplop- Who said I was nice?

@Lynx- All in due time.

@gp- First- The fact that you're unCC'ed means jack all. In my 5 years onsite, I've never seen your Role, so ScumYou correctly guessing that exact role is in this game is highly unlikely. Second- If it was a hard fast rule not to Lynch a PR, Scum would always Claim PR and would never be Lynched. Third- If you are actually Town, you are essentially now VT {unless we have a Vig who would be so kind as to end you}.

In post 500, Kthxbye wrote:Like, everything Lynx posts makes me think scum...then he has the scummiest (minus gameplay who's just worthless imo) players voting him....I'm confused...

In post 504, Kthxbye wrote:Oh, and for those not voting hiplop right now. Check out his posting in other games compared to this game and tell me something isn't different. He is active on site yet lurking hard core in this game. Does not sit well with me and, to me at least, points to him hiding in this game. Why hide? Well, if you're scum and don't post much, it's kinda hard to get scum read unless there's a lurker hunt.

Let the hunt begin and vote this scum.

Post Edit: No, gameplay, you are worthless. You aren't doing ANYTHING that remotely resembles town play. Your PR is ONLY good if scum want to NK...why the fuck would they NK a town who's doing nothing productive for town? Why do you think people want your reads in the first fucking place?! If you're town, you are wasted town space in this game and it's pathetic you don't see it.

The only alignment that get's posting restrictions is scum? :lol: Are you kidding me right now? Stop trolling.

In post 527, Osseus pseudotripodis wrote:in other news*

not that it really matters but EH

of bone and I'd mutual reads I think I'm most happy with hiplop or gameplay as today's lynch

HighShroomish is suspicious to me to. You just moreso
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:10 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 554, Konowa wrote:Does geraintm disagree that gameplay506 has no use to the town?

I think that he is town.
Keeping him alive is of use to town.
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:12 am

Post by LynxKuroneko »

Not sure what those quotes do to back up your statement, but alright.

Maybe post once you've actually 'caught up'? Thanks.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:12 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 556, hiplop wrote:
In post 553, geraintm wrote:

Why?

neither do I. I got to this one last. Games take a while to catch up on.

At what point did you realise you were at one vote from being lynched?
Even if it takes a while to get into the game, you must realise you have to say something here and how bad it looks when you admit to ignoring a game where you are the centre of attention?
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:17 am

Post by LynxKuroneko »

I'm actually content with seeing gameplay506 as dead weight town, given the circumstance and lack of push for a lynch on his wagon (which scum are ought to do). Though these opportunistic votes that sort of stoke a flame instead of sorting out what's happening don't sit well with me (B_E, HighShroomish, hiplop) especially when they're not providing scum reads of their own or questioning the reads of others.
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:32 am

Post by LynxKuroneko »

Clarification:
I'm actually content with believing gameplay506 is dead weight town.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:47 am

Post by Kthxbye »

hiplop (6): d3x, Mantisdreamz, Burning_Earth, LynxKuroneko, OP, TM

Funny story, I meant to put HighShroomish not Hiplop in my p504. I think it's funny that nobody caught that.

hiplop is at L-1 indeed and I don't like that BE and Lynx are both on that wagon with
In post 533, Burning_Earth wrote:We c an lynch hip if you guys want yeah let's do that VOTE: Vote hiplop

and
In post 535, LynxKuroneko wrote:Curious to see where this goes.

Vote: hiplop

@hiplop:
you may want to claim. I almost hammered you for the shit of it and I'm town. If you're town, I can imagine scum doing the same...cept they'd benefit.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:49 am

Post by fferyllt »

Please take care not to reference other ongoing games in this one.

Thanks!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:53 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 1.10

The war I remember,
the first in the world,
When the gods with spears
had smitten Gollveig,
And in the hall
of Hor had burned her,
Three times burned,
and three times born,
Oft and again,
yet ever she lives.

Heith they named her
who sought their home,
The wide-seeing witch,
in magic wise;
Minds she bewitched
that were moved by her magic,
To evil women
a joy she was.

hiplop
(6): d3x, Mantisdreamz, Burning_Earth, LynxKuroneko, Osseus pseudotripodis TunnelMates
LynxKuroneko
(3): HighShroomish, gameplay506, hiplop
HighShroomish
(2): Kthxbye, Konowa
Ansuz
(1): geraintm
geraintm
(1): Ansuz

Not Voting
(0):

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: August 20, Midnight US Eastern Time

Countdown: (expired on 2014-08-19 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Idic
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:58 am

Post by hiplop »

@lynx idk whats happening but my thing randomly quotes things :s It just happens lol

and alright I'm just a VT. rune is Fehu?
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:10 am

Post by LynxKuroneko »

Hard to believe such a fantastic rune would be Vanilla.

http://runesecrets.com/rune-meanings/fehu

Aw, well. You're certainly more composed than gameplay506 was, and at this point I can accept that.

Vote: HighShroomish

There. Nice, even numbers. I certainly hope I'm not voting alongside scum. *shudders* I mean, everyone on this wagon certainly looks to be town.
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:12 am

Post by LynxKuroneko »

@ Kthxbye - According to the Mod's Vote Count, Osseus is voting HighShroomish, not hiplop.
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:13 am

Post by LynxKuroneko »

Ah, I see here.

I guess he didn't format the vote correctly, so Vote Count missed it.

Carry on.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:44 am

Post by d3x »

I'm comfortable listing my thoughts now that we've gotten some reactions and positions taken.

I especially did not like p. Others have taken sections out and said that they show hedging that lends to a meta Town read on hiplop. Simply put, I don't see hedging, I see contradictions.

In the beginning of the post you have no trouble calling gp Scum; you even apply the 'Too Scummy to be Scum' Tell. The problem is, you immediately say that he's not scummy, he's just annoying and antiTown. Scummy and AntiTown are two very different things. You go on to talk about the Claim being a Scum Trap Role. I'm assuming you mean that it's a Town PR that is designed to sound scummy so as to leave doubt in the Town's mind as to his alignment after Claiming. Wtf, seriously? Please tell me that this isn't what you are asserting about the Role.

You spend most of this post talking about gp, but not addressing the actual points against him. You give two half assed 'Reads' that are really empty {you list HS, but don't say a single word about him}. This is arguably your second content post in a game that was at 20 pages and your previous content post was a serious{?} Vote because something 'rubbed you the wrong way'.

Then there's this little gem...
In post 481, hiplop wrote:Is it better to get rid of an anti-town town player (who may be scum) or a IMO better chance at a scum player?
This just feels
really
wrong. The 'AntiTown Town player' here is gp, who you've previously said is super scummy. The 'better chance at Scum player' is Lynx, who you've listed pretty vague reasons for suspecting. You call p terrible, but don't give any evaluation about it. You call him 'nervous' and bring in OS's opinion that he's 'flailing'. The nearest I can find this opinion is here.
In post 510, Osseus pseudotripodis wrote:Might as well lessen all interaction with Lynx too, because he's getting pretty unproductive under pressure. I'll write that off as him being new, as I still lean town on him. (but not as much as the beginning of the day)

Basically, I see you as having 0 depth in your Reads, no real content, and contradicting opinions all after catching up from Lurking 10 iRL days away being sick. I see you as having been finally called out enough to try and post, but failing at getting that 'Town catching up' feel in your posts that I think you were trying to manufacture.

I'm happy with this Lynch Today.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:46 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 569, LynxKuroneko wrote:@ Kthxbye - According to the Mod's Vote Count, Osseus is voting HighShroomish, not hiplop.

Formatting problem. Vote count fixed.

Idic
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:59 am

Post by hiplop »

I mean you can believe I was sick and not wanting to catch up on a game or you can believe i'm lying across the entire site. I would persuade you by saying I love mafia far too much to ever do that.

"Too scummy to be scum" in my eyes literally translates to anti-town. Perhaps we have a different idea of what it means but to me its a player who shows no motivation to help town, but is town. That is GP to me completely.

And no, I didn't say he was scummy. I literally said hes TOO SCUMMY TO BE SCUM, as in he is town. If you read closely you'll see. Lynx imo is new scum. Pretty damn sure of it too. as for the post with OS it was this one
Lynx, I'm gonna vote you in a minute. Your play is devolving to Gameplay levels.

Nothing contradictory there.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:01 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Lynx is the new scum. As you can see many people say he is scummy but yet no votes go on him. This speaks for itslef. Already wanna vig this thing.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”