NY 176: Completely Ridiculous Mafia (Game Over)

goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:01 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Fun fact: fucking robins. dumber than cranes.

Votecount 1.12
Toomai [L-5] - Aegor, MVP, Mirhawk

T S O [L-5] - Cephrir, Ki-Gi, reinoe

reinoe [L-5] - Bicephalous Bob, T S O, Toomai

Bicephalous Bob [L-6] - AngryPidgeon, Izariael

Cabd [L-7] - Depraved Justice

MVP [L-7] - TheWayItEnds

Aegor [L-7] - Aeronaut

Not Voting [1] - Cabd

With 15 alive, it takes
to lynch. The day will end in (expired on 2014-08-30 21:00:00)

Izariael is V/LA the weekend.
Cephrir is mildly V/LA for a little while.
Aeronaut is V/LA til Thursday.
Some of MVP is V/LA a bit.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 323, Toomai wrote:
In post 322, Aegor wrote:^Toomai, convince me this is not opportunistic and that you actually thought reinoe was scummy.
It was opportunistic. I needed a reason to vote someone for the purposes of trying to steer the game towards serious mode.

Do you think the game is currently not in serious mode? If it is, what post do you think kicked off serious mode?
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by Toomai »

In post 326, Cabd wrote:Do you think the game is currently not in serious mode? If it is, what post do you think kicked off serious mode?
It's a spectrum; I don't think I can define it by pointing to specific posts. Page 10 was pretty serious mode, but when reinoe made his entrance on late 11 it regressed back into silly mode. I'm not sure what the town motivation for doing so would be, because it just creates a distraction.

So in retrospect I guess I do consider reinoe scummy for it.
This should be required reading for...everyone for anything, really.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:49 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 327, Toomai wrote:
In post 326, Cabd wrote:Do you think the game is currently not in serious mode? If it is, what post do you think kicked off serious mode?
It's a spectrum; I don't think I can define it by pointing to specific posts. Page 10 was pretty serious mode, but when reinoe made his entrance on late 11 it regressed back into silly mode. I'm not sure what the town motivation for doing so would be, because it just creates a distraction.

So in retrospect I guess I do consider reinoe scummy for it.

This explanation is awful and everyone should read and re-read it to see how scummy it is. He didn't think I was scum but he placed a vote on me for what is essentially a playstyle difference.

Outback Steakhouse is offering a free order of Bloomin' onions tomorrow with an order. I'm not sure if I should hit that up though.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:25 pm

Post by Izariael »

I'mmm back

Cabd... what kind of questions are these? :roll: They seem super fluffy and I don't understand how the answers could be relevant to Toomai's behavior... Is there something specific you're trying to gauge from them :?:

This is the pinnacle of your contributions so far, which worries me somewhat. Seeeeeemmmmmmsssss a bit scummy overall when I look at your ISO.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:26 pm

Post by Cabd »

There is in fact something I am trying to get here, please do not walk into my lines of questioning.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:28 pm

Post by Izariael »

In post 223, Aeronaut wrote:
I'm liking Izzy. That's your name now, by the way. Sorry.

Don't apologize, I actually prefer it. My nickname's been Izzy for years now :P What are you liking about me?
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:29 pm

Post by Izariael »

In post 330, Cabd wrote:There is in fact something I am trying to get here, please do not walk into my lines of questioning.

Fair enough. I hope you'll share the results of your research later. *whisks away*
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:30 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 329, Izariael wrote:

I'mmm back

Cabd... what kind of questions are these? :roll: They seem super fluffy and I don't understand how the answers could be relevant to Toomai's behavior... Is there something specific you're trying to gauge from them :?:

This is the pinnacle of your contributions so far, which worries me somewhat. Seeeeeemmmmmmsssss a bit scummy overall when I look at your ISO.

What Cabd is doing is pretty obvious. I'll also take a note of you trying to cockblock the line of inquiry. When Toomai flips scum you're gonna have a nasty looking associative tell.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by Izariael »

In post 333, reinoe wrote:What Cabd is doing is pretty obvious. I'll also take a note of you trying to cockblock the line of inquiry. When Toomai flips scum you're gonna have a nasty looking associative tell.
Clearly it wasn't obvious to me, hence my inquiry :shifty:

If I was trying to cockblock the questions entirely, I wouldn't have added this:
In post 329, Izariael wrote:Is there something specific you're trying to gauge from them :?:
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:25 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 227, Toomai wrote:I don't know where to go now though. I like Izariael for town based on the reads list but don't have much of anything else to do something with yet.

What about the reads list looked town to you? Or was it just the effort that went into such a post?

In post 228, Mirhawk wrote:I'm finding TSO's behavior kind of offputting. It seems to be mostly snark and jokes, with very little effort being put into looking for scum.

FWIW, I think that is just null for TSO.

In post 232, Cephrir wrote:Have you read the mod's signature? What about it gives you a town read? I'm not disputing his alignment, but I arrived at this conclusion before he efforted up the thread.

Eesh, well +townpoints to you for seeing the same thing I did. I agree its a little weird the way Toomai just calls it town and expects that to fly without reasoning. Granted the reasoning seems implicit, but that is kind of weak and I don't really like Toomai just asserting it and leaving it there. Easy read to have and its not exactly going against the grain either.

In post 235, Aegor wrote:Yes. TSO is probably my biggest scumread at the moment, but I will continue voting for Toomai in order to push for his mislynch.

:] , Aegor are you cheeky scum this game? I'm really starting to worry about that. I don't recall you being so cheeky ever before.

In post 248, Cephrir wrote:I don't want to ruin anything so for now I think I will merely refrain from sticking my big dumb nose into this.

I expect a follow up on this later, don't let me forget to ask.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:35 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 250, Aeronaut wrote:I'm curious too, why Aegor is pushing for a mislynch.

How do you know toomai is a mislynch?, >.>

In post 259, T S O wrote:Because, unlike you, I feel there is barely anything I could give a scumread - a real scumread, not a 49-51 read - to. I have townreads, of course. I'm townreading TWIE, for example.

Who are your scumreads? Why?

My face after reading this post

263 reads awfully forced and I don't like it.
Especially coupled with the immediate scumreading of reinoe (a lurker slot) after being called out on not having any scumreads. Reinoe didn't really do anything alignment indicative IMO and TSO's sudden read there sucks.

Huh, well I was going to say I think Toomai/TSO are decent candidates for scum, but Toomai hoping on Reinoe in the same way TSO did immediately after makes me think they arent scum together. Probably one of them is.

In post 296, Bicephalous Bob wrote:
In post 294, reinoe wrote:Also what are your thoughts on TSO trying to push through a lynch on a soft-claimed cop? Do you think that's scummy or townie?

your predecessor already claimed doc

This is a really poor attempt at scumhunting and if you are town you should feel ashamed.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:44 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Reinoe's lackadaisical approach to this game strikes me as someone who got a towncard and isn't afraid to just mess around for the fun of it. Also his case on Bob over rolefishing was really OMGUSy but in general I expect that concern about rolefishing to come from town more than scum. Also I just generally don't like any of the names on his wagon right now.

Toomai's presence in this game has been lackluster and I didn't really like his response to Aegor. He seems to realize that Aegor is trolling (possibly for the sake of garnering a reaction) and Toomai's response really felt like it was missing the obvious and choosing to respond to things that are easy to point out. So like strawmanning to a degreee although thats not really the term Im looking for. The response sort of stripped away any consideration of the context of what Aegor was doing and focused on shooting down obviously dummy points. so ya strawmanning to a degree. Not that Aegor has a great case to speak of, but the lack of emotional response to Aegor from Toomai just rings wrong.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:45 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

On that note, Im going to see where this goes.

UNVOTE: ; VOTE: Toomai
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: I don't know why you're linking me to pictures of babies on Facebook

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:43 pm

Post by Bicephalous Bob »

reinoe wasn't concerned about rolefishing at all

would you give me much emotional consideration if I told you I no longer read you as scum but will keep my vote on you for the hell of it
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:22 am

Post by Toomai »

In post 335, AngryPidgeon wrote:What about the reads list looked town to you? Or was it just the effort that went into such a post?
It was more the way he was trying to push the game into serious mode than the reads themselves. I'd expect scum to continue letting the game float along without direction.
In post 337, AngryPidgeon wrote:Toomai's presence in this game has been lackluster
HOLY COW YOU NAILED IT
In post 337, AngryPidgeon wrote:Not that Aegor has a great case to speak of, but the lack of emotional response to Aegor from Toomai just rings wrong.
Emotional responses don't get me anywhere.
This should be required reading for...everyone for anything, really.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:57 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 340, Toomai wrote:It was more the way he was trying to push the game into serious mode than the reads themselves. I'd expect scum to continue letting the game float along without direction.

Eh, I know this point crops up every now and then and I generally disagree with it, but I can understand it at least. Honestly, I'm always wary of people who aren't rolling with the punches :P.

So...is there a particular reason you are being lackluster this game or? I mean Im not going to pretend thats the best case in the world, but your response isn't really making me not want to vote you.

Also we should nominate goodmorning for best flavor after this game!
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:59 am

Post by Izariael »

In post 341, AngryPidgeon wrote:Also we should nominate goodmorning for best flavor after this game!

I concur with this statement. Her posts bring me life :lol:
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:28 am

Post by T S O »

For what it's worth, AP is simply going to call everything I do scummy - if you want to listen to him, great, but I'm not going to respond to his twisting. Anyone else is okay.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:31 am

Post by T S O »

Cephrir, I fail to understand how you could -not- get a scumread from reinoe's entrance.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:36 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 344, T S O wrote:Cephrir, I fail to understand how you could -not- get a scumread from reinoe's entrance.

Because it looked town?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:46 am

Post by T S O »

Yes, calling everyone who calls you scum scum, doing a really bad job of pretending to fakeclaim, posting multiple posts of retarded fluff, requoting posts for no reason, trying to defend yourself using meta
when you've said before you always change your play up
and chaining lynches is really super town!
-Marquis
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:48 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ok, well I'm not going to stop you from wagoning reinoe. The things you pointed out are just indicative of reinoe being a troll, not scum.

Where did he 'pretend to fakeclaim"? All I remember is Bob saying he crumbed Doctor and Reinoe OMGUSing.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:51 am

Post by T S O »

"I might be a Cop, also I might not be a Cop."
"VOTE: TSO suspecting my claim makes you scum!"
"I haven't claimed anything!"

This stupidity makes it so obvious he is not a Cop. In the tiny, minimal chance he -is- a Cop, he would have been far better off saying nothing because his actions have just drawn heat on him and it's not like he'd ever be nightkilled anyway.
-Marquis
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:57 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 348, T S O wrote:it's not like he'd ever be nightkilled anyway.

Lol. Well I'm not going to argue about the effectiveness of his grand plan there, because you are right. His 'claim' was clearly a wifomy joke and I think town is more likely to be off in their own world doing shit like that because they think its a good idea or a way to get into the game.

His vote on you looks rather explicitly like OMGUS, you didn't say that you were voting him because of the nature of his claim and he didn't imply that he thought you were. I mean his ISO is atrocious, I just think that level of beauty is more likely from town than scum :P.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”