NY 176: Completely Ridiculous Mafia (Game Over)

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:55 am

Post by Cephrir »

Now with halfway decent tags.

I'm back, bitches! Now for a series of catchup quotestripes in which I respond to shit from 10 pages ago that no one cares about anymore.

In post 322, Aegor wrote:
In post 250, Aeronaut wrote:
Alright, well something shitty is going on here. I don't know if we're missing something, but someone who is pushing for a mislynch is obviously not helping us... I've seen Aegor's town game, even his cop game, and this isn't it.

VOTE: Aegor

Start providing real information, please.

I was flailing. I hate early Day 1s and have difficulty forming scumreads on so little information. So, my answer is "experimentation." I was hoping for more interesting reactions to my "slip," but at least I got some. I am townreading you slightly more.

For leaping to a silly conclusion rather than the obvious one (i.e. that you were trolling and or reaction testing)? How is that town (or anything)?

In post 324, Aeronaut wrote:
Because posting scummy things in order to look not scummy means he's scum.

:igmeou:

In post 327, Toomai wrote:
In post 326, Cabd wrote:Do you think the game is currently not in serious mode? If it is, what post do you think kicked off serious mode?
It's a spectrum; I don't think I can define it by pointing to specific posts. Page 10 was pretty serious mode, but when reinoe made his entrance on late 11 it regressed back into silly mode. I'm not sure what the town motivation for doing so would be, because it just creates a distraction.

So in retrospect I guess I do consider reinoe scummy for it.

Oh my god this post blows. If reinoe had been playing all along you might have a leg to stand on, but I imagine he probably was always going to troll upon entry regardless of role pm or game state. I'm of the mind that just because something has no town motivation doesn't mean it necessarily comes from scum. I have no reason to have any feelings about reinoe one way or the other at this point, except that I'm starting to lean a little town simply because there are so many dreadful attacks being tossed his way that I imagine some of them are scum.

Also, the "in retrospect" line tweaks my gut pretty hard.

In post 335, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 228, Mirhawk wrote:I'm finding TSO's behavior kind of offputting. It seems to be mostly snark and jokes, with very little effort being put into looking for scum.

FWIW, I think that is just null for TSO.

I'm looking for something from TSO. I don't see it yet.

In post 232, Cephrir wrote:Have you read the mod's signature? What about it gives you a town read? I'm not disputing his alignment, but I arrived at this conclusion before he efforted up the thread.

Eesh, well +townpoints to you for seeing the same thing I did. I agree its a little weird the way Toomai just calls it town and expects that to fly without reasoning. Granted the reasoning seems implicit, but that is kind of weak and I don't really like Toomai just asserting it and leaving it there. Easy read to have and its not exactly going against the grain either.

IAgreeWithThisPoster.jpg

In post 248, Cephrir wrote:I don't want to ruin anything so for now I think I will merely refrain from sticking my big dumb nose into this.

I expect a follow up on this later, don't let me forget to ask.

I was observing that Aegor was obviously being silly, but since some players didn't seem to realize this, I didn't blow his reaction test as was my first inclination. I'm ordinarily remarkably stupid that way, to the point where this was actually a question.

In post 337, AngryPidgeon wrote:Reinoe's lackadaisical approach to this game strikes me as someone who got a towncard and isn't afraid to just mess around for the fun of it. Also his case on Bob over rolefishing was really OMGUSy but in general I expect that concern about rolefishing to come from town more than scum. Also I just generally don't like any of the names on his wagon right now.

Toomai's presence in this game has been lackluster and I didn't really like his response to Aegor. He seems to realize that Aegor is trolling (possibly for the sake of garnering a reaction) and Toomai's response really felt like it was missing the obvious and choosing to respond to things that are easy to point out. So like strawmanning to a degreee although thats not really the term Im looking for. The response sort of stripped away any consideration of the context of what Aegor was doing and focused on shooting down obviously dummy points. so ya strawmanning to a degree. Not that Aegor has a great case to speak of, but the lack of emotional response to Aegor from Toomai just rings wrong.

Hey AP, can you remind me if we've played a game together other than Tales of You and ny165? I'm liking your perspective on basically everything here but I remember thinking your posts in Tales were prima facia pretty town as well, and I don't remember whether I've seen town you before or not.

In post 340, Toomai wrote:
In post 335, AngryPidgeon wrote:What about the reads list looked town to you? Or was it just the effort that went into such a post?
It was more the way he was trying to push the game into serious mode than the reads themselves. I'd expect scum to continue letting the game float along without direction.
In post 337, AngryPidgeon wrote:Toomai's presence in this game has been lackluster
HOLY COW YOU NAILED IT
In post 337, AngryPidgeon wrote:Not that Aegor has a great case to speak of, but the lack of emotional response to Aegor from Toomai just rings wrong.
Emotional responses don't get me anywhere.

You were a lot better the last time I saw you, and certainly not one I'd have thought would be given to capslocking. All this garbage about "serious/silly mode" is annoying.

In post 344, T S O wrote:Cephrir, I fail to understand how you could -not- get a scumread from reinoe's entrance.

Trolling != scum
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:59 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

@Cephrawr: I was town in Xenosaga. I was technically in a hydra with BRO, but 99% of that posting was me.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:00 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 351, Aegor wrote:
In post 335, AngryPidgeon wrote::] , Aegor are you cheeky scum this game? I'm really starting to worry about that. I don't recall you being so cheeky ever before.

I am not scum! This game needs a serious kick in the pants. Maybe a lurker flashwagon. May I suggest Kid A?

In post 343, T S O wrote:For what it's worth, AP is simply going to call everything I do scummy - if you want to listen to him, great, but I'm not going to respond to his twisting. Anyone else is okay.

:igmeou:

I'm not sure why but this post rings town to me?

In post 362, TheWayItEnds wrote:Nope, no meta. I don't like meta.

My secret tell is that I scum read people for not being town.

I nailed you in 172 because you made like 3 posts that I took as tantamount to scum claims.

And your posts on the last page are atrocious.

Huh, interesting. I know how I expect AP to respond to some of these points, while a couple of the first ones are better... more on this as it develops.
Bartleby the Scrivener
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:03 am

Post by T S O »

oh please Cephhy don't go for a secret tell on me

Or at least tell me what it is
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:06 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 528, T S O wrote:oh please Cephhy don't go for a secret tell on me
Your blatant and unsubtle dodge of the question directed to you in post 472 is noted.
Or at least tell me what it is

In post 478, reinoe wrote:
In post 472, Aegor wrote:
In post 374, Cabd wrote:
In post 351, Aegor wrote:
I am not scum! This game needs a serious kick in the pants. Maybe a lurker flashwagon. May I suggest Kid A?
Any reason you chose to pick a name not in this game?

Mixing up gates? :oops:

VOTE: Ki-Gi for pushing hard in a very safe direction in an opportunistic way.

Toomai's post about replacing out is scummy. "OMG, everyone seems town." So? It is Day 1.

DJ is scummy for popping up as soon as he was mentioned and then still not reading the game.

@TSO,

I'm just dying to hear what you have to say about this post. I get a heady rush just thinking about it.

Spoiler: On a subject completely unrelated to this game
Now that Normal 1584 is over you'll all be delighted to know that I've blacklisted Aneninen and Hiraki!
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:08 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

@Nero: What do you think of Reinoe?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:09 am

Post by T S O »

I'm really sorry for not responding to your question immediately. I've been trying to find time to formulate a response to this dastardly question. :roll:
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:10 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 531, T S O wrote:I'm really sorry for not responding to your question immediately. I've been trying to find time to formulate a response to this dastardly question. :roll:

:up: :up: :up: God, can't people see how this guy is scum?

Selkie
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:10 am

Post by T S O »

I have 2 scumreads so I don't find it entirely implausible Toomai didn't really have any and I don't think it's a scum sentiment anyway.
I agree with you on DJ.
I haven't really been following the Ki-Gi saga and I'll read it later.

pedit: lol
-Marquis
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:15 am

Post by goodmorning »

Fun fact: a goose bit me when i was a child.

that goose is dead now.

Votecount 1.18
Toomai [L-5] - MVP, Mirhawk, AngryPidgeon

reinoe [L-5] - Bicephalous Bob, T S O, Toomai

T S O [L-6] - Cephrir, reinoe

Depraved Justice [L-6] - Cabd, Ki-Gi

Ki-Gi [L-6] - Depraved Justice, Aegor

Bicephalous Bob [L-7] - Izariael

MVP [L-7] - TheWayItEnds

Aegor [L-7] - Aeronaut

Not Voting [0] -

With 15 alive, it takes
to lynch. The day will end in (expired on 2014-08-30 21:00:00)

Aeronaut is V/LA til Thursday.
Some of MVP is V/LA a bit.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:16 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

goodmorning I'm voting for Toomai.

you're being meeeeeeeannnnnnnnnnn

stop making fun of meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:20 am

Post by T S O »

This is the first time I've ever advocated this, but...

Tired of illogical wagons? Introducing the all-new...
reinoe
wagon! With the official
Bicephalous Bob™ Seal of Approval,
you'll never have to sheep Cabd again! With an official case brought to you by our very own TSO, it is guaranteed to be 100% more effective than any other wagon! If you're scum looking for town credit,
reinoe
is the wagon for you. It's a policy lynch combined with a scum lynch! You're guaranteed to get two (2) days' worth of town credit! But hurry! There are only five more spots left! And the offer ends soon, on
Saturday Aug 31, 2014 at 1:57 pm GMT!
So don't wait! Join the
reinoe
wagon
now!
-Marquis
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:27 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 376, Cabd wrote:
In post 364, T S O wrote:I genuinely think reinoe is either ballsy enough or stupid enough to play "too stupid to be scum" as scum.

I have ~reasons~ to think reinoe slot is town.

Actually let's just talk about this openly:

Jimmy_Raynor's scum game in the newbie game I modded was pretty much him winning by his prior slot owner replacing out in a townish manner and people giving him towncred. While this replace out was more neutral, natural, and something not aimed at sinking any town cred. Thoguhts? The game was newbie 1513: Lingo Linguistics.

In post 402, Egyptian wrote:I'll have to get replaced, I don't have neither the patience nor the skill to analyze 16 pages, Here are my reads, For the little it matters:

BBMolla:Scum - Lurking and not very helpfull posts
Thor:Null-Scum - Look BBMolla
Mollie:Town - Discussions at everything to view reactions
Anenien:Null-Town
Drew-Sta:Null-Scum
Vettrock:Null-Town
Stabs:Town
Rob:Null

^This was the slot's prior owner's last post that got towncred.

This does exactly nothing for me. I think TSO's assessment in of your hidden train of thought is probably spot on here, and I am not even slightly willing to give reinoe towncred for something his predecessor failed to copy. Also, why are you focusing so much on things that aren't happening? I'd like to hear what you think about things that actually are happening.

In post 380, AngryPidgeon wrote:Well I'm pretty upset for ~reasons~ atm, but I'll talk to you.

[wall ensues]

A) This actually didn't spring for the obvious answers I expected it to, and as such was a better response than I expected.
B) I'm probably being obnoxious by mentioning it at all a day later, and I have no idea what this refers to, but...

In post 408, AngryPidgeon wrote:Nero, that is a hydra with Titus isn't it. Don't deny it, who else would come up with such a name for a hydra?

This is like 90% what is going on here.

In post 414, Cabd wrote:You haven't read the thread at all, but you somehow saw me vote you and responded to that within the hour and nothing else. So if you haven't read the thread, why would you skip ahead to that post (which was NOT the most recent post) and hit that instantly before jumping back to the other stuff?

I sometimes criticize you for doing nothing when you're town.

Here so far, you aren't doing nothing, you're just doing things I don't care about. Pls to be towning up thread now thx
Bartleby the Scrivener
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:27 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 536, T S O wrote:This is the first time I've ever advocated this, but...

Tired of illogical wagons? Introducing the all-new...
reinoe
wagon! With the official
Bicephalous Bob™ Seal of Approval,
you'll never have to sheep Cabd again! With an official case brought to you by our very own TSO, it is guaranteed to be 100% more effective than any other wagon! If you're scum looking for town credit,
reinoe
is the wagon for you. It's a policy lynch combined with a scum lynch! You're guaranteed to get two (2) days' worth of town credit! But hurry! There are only five more spots left! And the offer ends soon, on
Saturday Aug 31, 2014 at 1:57 pm GMT!
So don't wait! Join the
reinoe
wagon
now!

In post 532, reinoe wrote:
:up: :up: :up: God, can't people see how this guy is scum?

Selkie
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:28 am

Post by Cephrir »

I hope this KG/DJ argument ends soon, it's boring me to tears.
Bartleby the Scrivener
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:29 am

Post by T S O »

You see, this is why reinoe's scum.

I make a post, reinoe berates me for not answering it.
I answer the post.
There is zero follow-up to it, just irrelevant fluff.
-Marquis
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:31 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 537, Cephrir wrote:B) I'm probably being obnoxious by mentioning it at all a day later, and I have no idea what this refers to, but...

I misvoted a mason in lylo. I mean its not as bad as that sounds, but still fuck everything. Also muffin and Cabd are upset at me over it and I feel like I disappointed ffery.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:32 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 540, T S O wrote:You see, this is why reinoe's scum.

I make a post, reinoe berates me for not answering it.
I answer the post.
There is zero follow-up to it, just irrelevant fluff.

In post 531, T S O wrote:I'm really sorry for not responding to your question immediately. I've been trying to find time to formulate a response to this dastardly question. :roll:

This is not answering the question.

Selkie
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:34 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 539, Cephrir wrote:I hope this KG/DJ argument ends soon, it's boring me to tears.

Most everything Nero has said is boring me to tears.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:35 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 536, T S O wrote:With the official Bicephalous Bob™ Seal of Approval

You realize this isn't exactly a good selling point seeing as how Bob doesn't really look all that town.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:39 am

Post by Aegor »

I like Cephrir.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:39 am

Post by T S O »

Meh.

What's your current opinion on reinoe?
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:39 am

Post by T S O »

In post 545, Aegor wrote:I like Cephrir.

I think we all do.

I'm taking this to be non alignment-indicative.
-Marquis
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:40 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 545, Aegor wrote:I like Cephrir.

As a person, or for town in this game? : P

Cause I like Ceph too. As a person and as town in this game.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:40 am

Post by Aegor »

I meant as town.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.