The Wire Season 1 Mafia: Baltimore Police and Omar Victory!

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1354, mastin2 wrote:At the time of the lynch? V/LA. I wasn't around. Never logged in a single time near deadline.

:\
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:53 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

anatole is probably scum
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

my only issue with a skot lynch is that he's voting titus
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1373, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 1346, mastin2 wrote:In contrast, Titus as town, while a rare sight to be seen...kinda does?
titus-town is a different kind of awful posting though. titus-town makes her presence known, makes her thoughts and feelings on different players known, is actively trying to figure out the game in her own... special way... even if it's nonsensical there are elements of town play that shine through in the way she approaches the game
Okay, then, discard my reasons and call it gut for the time being 'til I can actually muster the willpower to do coherent analysis that actually accomplishes something and solidifies stuff rather than Tales-style circle-jerking.

(For those keeping track at home, that's the main reason I'm not doing a ton of work right now. Spamming halfhearted analysis isn't exactly productive. Especially if it keeps on going in circles. Which I can guarantee you it will.)

RSD:
Come to think of it, can I get a full paraphrase of the entire contents of your topic? If I can get a better idea for the progression of things in there and approximate times, then I can get a much better grasp of AP's sanity level. (Know the above? About me not going into mindless analysis circlejerking? Yeah, well...birds of a feather. AP does the same thing. It's not a question of IF he did it, so much as HOW MUCH he did it, where, and when.)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:58 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

In post 1374, mastin2 wrote: Just sayin'.
My townplay recently has degraded to mediocre-at-best from the upper-mediocre it was before. (Mainly thanks to repeatedly getting lynched early game or apathetically flaking mid-game.)
But if you think your scumplay could ever touch mine.
You're wrong.

I may be new to this game. But one doesn't get a 10-2 record in any 12 game span unless they know what they are doing. I know how to play scum very well, and don't think that my lack of experience means I don't understand good scum play.
If you want to make this an ego contest we can go there, but for everyone else's sanity we probably shouldn't.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:00 pm

Post by mastin2 »

(As for how I know that if I did analysis, it'd just be circlejerking...well. I just know. "How can you know if you don't try?" I just
know
me.
I mean.
I s'pose that I could do it and
hope
that my blind analysis helps someone else and by proxy of them I get helped myself, but, uh...not very likely. I just...know me.)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1379, Dr Pants wrote:I may be new to this game. But one doesn't get a 10-2 record in any 12 game span unless they know what they are doing. I know how to play scum very well, and don't think that my lack of experience means I don't understand good scum play.
Come back to me after you've gotten 120 games. I lost count after a confirmed 130, and estimate the actual total these days to be 150+. (I joined in 2008, not 2009, and have so many alts and hydras that I've lost count of them all. A metaphor that I think is an apt description of me is that I'm an MS rockstar: fully of fame/infamy depending on who you ask, with an amassed fortune of stuff. Had some manager issues at times, but still playing gigs in spite of my age, and still a figure of great interest. Oh, and I do drugs and have the mental problems you'd expect as a result. In spite of that, I have legitimate talent, but it's the kind where people love me or hate me, with the fans adoring me and the haters saying I'm overhyped. Sometimes I disappoint the fans with my antics, other times I put on a show so magnificent they were never expecting it, and behind it all, some people, be them fan or hater, have seen the person behind the rockstar persona. A big name in the business, whose words carry weight, but never the largest, and having no choice but to choose when and where to give performances.)

If you want to make this an ego contest we can go there, but for everyone else's sanity we probably shouldn't.
Nah, the reason you're not going there is that you'd end up losing. ;)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by mastin2 »

(150+ being a CONSERVATIVE estimate.
I probably play 20-40 games a year. Non-marathon games. I know I have over 130 games confirmed, so that means the average number has to be a MINIMUM of 20/year, but the actual total is probably closer to an average of 25-30. Like I said...when you've played as many games as I have, it becomes increasingly difficult to actually keep track of them.)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:15 pm

Post by mastin2 »

(And actually, I took a full year off of playing: mid-2009 to late-2010. So the actual average/year is HIGHER than that, since instead of the six years I *technically* have, it's five *actual* years.)
My academy.
Agnigi
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:17 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

1381 is probably the best mastin post i've ever read
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1376, zMuffinMan wrote:anatole is probably scum
Meh. That was in fact my first instinct towards the vote on me, but I don't actually really *feel* he's scum, actually.

In post 1377, zMuffinMan wrote:my only issue with a skot lynch is that he's voting titus
Just sayin', bussing exists, and Titus could be town, so.

(Doesn't mean your concern isn't valid, though. SKOT's where I'm going since I don't have any better ideas at this point. Literally every dead town player of note has held SKOT as suspicious, and the reversal from the SKOT wagon onto vezok yesterday makes it good for info purposes. He might be scum, he might be town. Lean towards scum, but I kinda...don't actually care that much. I care enough to vote him over Titus, but that's more caring about Titus* than it is caring about SKOT.)

*Barely. Townread's not strong enough where I wouldn't lynch her at deadline.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:23 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1384, zMuffinMan wrote:1381 is probably the best mastin post i've ever read
My love triangle post was totally better.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:23 pm

Post by mastin2 »

(Oh, right, post you've actually
read

:P)
My academy.
Agnigi
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:35 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

tell you what mastin

lets make a little bet:

I'll put my push on you aside for the moment.
I bet that I get scum lynched before you do.
Stakes are whatever you want, although playing for ego/pride is just fine with me.

btw, I really really enjoy arrogance and cockyness. So I'm actually really liking this, its a lot more interesting than the lack of substance this game has been having.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:41 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Just felt like demonstrating the circle-jerking, so have this random analysis.

1. Dr. Pants <--Some really, really town stuff early-game, but posting MUCH worse later in game. (I have thoughts on his banter to give when he gets back, which I feel noteworthy and may support one of these two, but obv. not saying 'til he's back.) Did claim to be something that could be confirmed, though, so definitely more town than scum.

2. ReallySexyDudes (Venmar/Majiffy hydra)<--Conftown basically.

3. BBmolla<--I
thought
that Molla was town, but I can't really think of why and his positions have been kinda sketch. May be scum, may be town; need to see what he's actually done to be sure.

5. ActionDan<--I can buy him being town, but still feel like the game makes a good deal of sense with him as scum.

8. BlueBloodedToffee/Titus<--Inverse to Dan, can buy her being scum but feel like she's town anyway.

9. Slandaar<--Admittedly paranoia about his posting has begun to build, in that it's not...well, wowing me, I guess? Would kinda expect some sort of 'oomph' factor, but haven't had any, 'least not for a while. It MAY be present in the form of mislynches, which speak badly via BOP, but I can't have my cake and eat it too. (Basically, two concerning trends: lack of strength, and no scum pushes. But these two are practically mutually exclusive with Slandaar's play this game. They can go together, but with Slandaar in this game specifically, they don't.) In essence, paranoia is there for two conflicting reasons, and said conflicting reasons mean the paranoia is almost-assuredly just that and is town, but not with full confidence.

10. Messiah Complex<--There's some stuff which makes Desp more likely town than scum, but really don't remember what it is, and similar to Slandaar, not fully feeling the townvibes now. I feel like Desp is someone I know well enough that I should have a lock down on his personality, but for some reason I haven't mustered the willpower to look at his posts and tell for sure that, "yep, town" or "yep, scum". Kinda defaulting to town for the sake of sanity and not too many scumreads, but not that strongly.

11. BooKitty/zMuffinMan<--If I wasn't having an off game, I'd be locked onto him with an alignment in ten posts, flat. Since I am, I can't deliver a guarantee 'til I start to be in the game. I'm THINKING that he's town from the signs I saw after his initial posting and vezok's backing, but the badness of my devotion means no strength.

12. Xisiqomelir<--Is a fully "meh" guy. Could be town, could be scum, really can't tell.

17. Sharpest-knife-on-tree<--I guess SKOT could be town for what he's done here and there, but I DO still feel that he's been a bit sketchy with his actions this game and overall the circumstances behind him seem bad. Oh, and then there's the fact that the support for his lynch isn't materializing that well, and that said support is often nightkilled.

18. Muki/Anatole Kuragin<--Muki's posting looked sketchy at first, but when I analyzed it in hindsight, I thought town. Anatole is...remarkably similar in that regard, only unlike Muki, it's not sticking and reverting back. Right now, I'd guess more town than scum, if only just, but his actions don't look good.

19. Jackal711/TheAdrienC<--Solidly null in that while I really should have an opinion, I really, really don't. I've kinda been defaulting to a scumread for lack of alternatives, and still think it slightly more likely, but I don't know for sure.

...Told you. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:42 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

see secretly I'm just trying to appeal to your ego to get you to lynch scum ;)
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:42 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1388, Dr Pants wrote:lets make a little bet:
Stakes are whatever you want, although playing for ego/pride is just fine with me.
Sadly against forum rules, so I must decline.
My academy.
Agnigi
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:43 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

its is?

thats a bummer
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:45 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

Mastin, if you had a vig shot, and wanted to take a shot on night 2, who would you have shot?
TheAdrienC
TheAdrienC
Goon
TheAdrienC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by TheAdrienC »

In post 1388, Dr Pants wrote:tell you what mastin

lets make a little bet:

I'll put my push on you aside for the moment.

btw, I really really enjoy arrogance and cockyness. So I'm actually really liking this, its a lot more interesting than the lack of substance this game has been having.

There's a difference between finding scum and stroking your own ego. Why don't you put your own selfish ambitions aside and help the town as a whole.

I know most people have had a townread on you, but I cannot see a reason for a town player to post that. You could simply "best" Mastin at that by bussing a partner. That's right, I said it.

Vote: Dr. Pants
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:47 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Okay, so not hard to figure out anyway, but he's done enough posting that I might as well say it.

To others, my banter with Pants might seem useless "let's compare size" posting.

Though it's not a strong indicator of alignment, to me, when this kind of banter is done, I can generally actually find the info
useful
for getting a read.
Pants is a tough sell since his reactions aren't quite as town as I was hoping, but I'm decently confident he's town. Especially for 1388. Betting (when said bet would be against site rules) is only the start of it; there's also the fact that like me, he's actually enjoying the banter we're having. It might be a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit anti-town (and so, scum COULD do it for that reason), but it's FUN. (Think like trolling, only sincere and with a minimum of two actively-engaged parties.) Bit of a strange tell, but best way I can describe it is that "town egotistical minds think alike".
My academy.
Agnigi
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:49 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

yeah see if i wasn't paranoid about you being scum you'd be my favorite player right now

now answer my vig question please, its actually important
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:50 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

better phrasing perhaps: given how day 2 went down, who was the most likely vig target that night if there was one?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:56 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1393, Dr Pants wrote:Mastin, if you had a vig shot, and wanted to take a shot on night 2, who would you have shot?
Best not to ask about vig-shots when it comes to me. Not a role I enjoy.

Frankly, as a vig it'd be tempting to not shoot at all, but I'm sort-of thinking you're asking about the possibility of an even-night vig which would be a specific role, and if I got that, I'd of course think that I'm supposed to shoot using it and would take a shot. Who, I dunno, my largest scumread maybe? Perhaps my second-largest if I thought the scum were onto me being a vig. I'd have to check what my reads were D2 to see, but from memory the player that profile would fit would be Bookittty, yet once zMuffinman replaced in, I'd have avoided shooting him, and shot elsewhere. So whoever my second/third scumreads were. Xisi, SKOT, think it'd probably have been one of them.

I really don't know how to use the vig role.

Now, INVESTIGATIVE roles, on the other hand, I'd use to get rid of my paranoia. (For better or for worse.) Who I'd target depends on which type of investigative role I have. Cop or variant (rolecop, vanilla cop, gunsmith, lie detector, etc.), near (but not at) the bottom of my reads, nullscum that I'm sure won't be nightkilled, don't think would be lynched, and if possible, would be an asset if town. Hider (after 'crumbing, of course), dead-middle of my reads, the nulls, to avoid the nightkill and get clears for as many nights as possible. Tracker or variant, opposite of cop: not at the top of my reads, but in the nulltown category. Players that I'd think if as scum would be likely to make the nightkill thanks to being townread and thus, thinking they wouldn't get caught.
My academy.
Agnigi
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:59 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

In post 1394, TheAdrienC wrote:
I know most people have had a townread on you, but I cannot see a reason for a town player to post that. You could simply "best" Mastin at that by bussing a partner. That's right, I said it.

If I'm scum, then helping town lynch scum is the worst thing I could do. This is half of why I called for that "bet", if Mastin is scum it forces her to help town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”