Micro 381 - 999 Mafia (Nonary Game Complete)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:33 am

Post by Parama »

In post 94, ThirtyFour wrote:@ Parama: This mostly comes down to personality and being afraid of playing badly.

Then go play another newbie game if you don't feel confident in your abilities. Really.
Also doesn't really answer my questions. Too vague.
In post 94, ThirtyFour wrote:I agree that putting Flames at L-1 was silly. I don't like Parama being wanting to leave him there.

@ Parama: Why were you fine with putting Flames at L-1 on the second page over one post?

Explain the downsides of having someone at L-1.
"He could be quickhammered!"
Sure, and then person who did it would be pretty much dead the next day; scum would never take that risk. Tell me something other than that.
In post 98, ThirtyFour wrote:
In post 96, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 84, ThirtyFour wrote:If that's enough to vote them, I can do that, of course.

You should pretty much always be using your vote, this is the kind of thing that usually gets ironed out in the newbie queue.

Alright, thank you, I'm doing that then.
VOTE: Parama

Finally. Thank god.
New question: Why did you do it only in response to NM and not to me asking the same thing prior to his post?
In post 98, ThirtyFour wrote:(on Epicmafia, if you say/do a single thing people don't like, you get lynched within roughly 10 seconds -.-)

Pro-tip: EM is not to be taken seriously. I only ever play in sandbox 'cause it's fun to derp around/be kinda trollish there.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:35 am

Post by Parama »

it really does set off alarms how he's listening to NM immediately but was entirely dismissive of my questions. not hugely noteworthy until he flips scum though.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

ThirtyFour
ThirtyFour
Goon
ThirtyFour
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:52 am

Post by ThirtyFour »

In post 100, Parama wrote:
In post 94, ThirtyFour wrote:@ Parama: This mostly comes down to personality and being afraid of playing badly.

Then go play another newbie game if you don't feel confident in your abilities. Really.
Also doesn't really answer my questions. Too vague.

It's personality, it's not changing that easily, and even super experienced players still make mistakes, so having more experience doesn't mean there's no mistakes for me to be afraid of. (And I do have offsite experience.)
I didn't vote because I didn't want to vote without a good reason, and I didn't think having a mild gut scumread was enough of a reason.
I'm hesitant because I'm always like that.
I "asked for permission" because I wanted to know if that was considered a good enough reason here - I just didn't know.
Not_Mafia made that completely clear for me, which is why I voted. You were asking questions, he was answering mine. Also, you were attacking me in a way I didn't like and you are a mild gut scumread.
I didn't feel like a mild gut scumread was enough and wanted to have more of an opinion (which I'm slowly getting now, but still, I work better with more information).
In post 100, Parama wrote:
In post 94, ThirtyFour wrote:I agree that putting Flames at L-1 was silly. I don't like Parama being wanting to leave him there.

@ Parama: Why were you fine with putting Flames at L-1 on the second page over one post?

Explain the downsides of having someone at L-1.
"He could be quickhammered!"
Sure, and then person who did it would be pretty much dead the next day; scum would never take that risk. Tell me something other than that.

You haven't answered my question. What's good about putting someone at L-1 on the second page over one post?
And I said why I didn't like it in my last post.

--

After him acknowledging the misunderstanding with Bins way too late when it really should have been obvious and putting Flames at L-2 without a good reason (and without explaining his reason when I asked for it), I think Parama is pushing for easy mislynches.
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFour
Goon
ThirtyFour
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:53 am

Post by ThirtyFour »

(Or any easy lynches - it's not like scum can't bus, or Bins and Flames are conftown.)
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFour
Goon
ThirtyFour
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:11 am

Post by ThirtyFour »

I really don't know what to do here. I know I'm playing terribly right now. I don't know if I'll get a chance to improve, but I hope so. I believe this is something that can be overcome. In any case, I'm sorry for not contributing. I'm sorry for distracting from the real scum. I'm sorry if I'm making this game less fun. I know I made a mistake by going into this game. I'm willing to learn from it.

Still, please look into Parama, please. Can't expect my scumreads after 4 pages to be accurate, but I maintain that his actions towards Bins and Flames are suspicious and could be coming from a scum motivation - looking like you're scumhunting while going after easy targets.
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:12 am

Post by Akane Kurashiki »

In post 96, Not_Mafia wrote:And why the callout for Thirty Four's unvote and not Flame's? Both seemed pretty
appeasing

I don't disagree with you on that, but if everyone called out every little thing they saw, this game would be at 20 pages already. Better to focus on one thing at a time than cast too wide a net, in my opinion.

I'm still keeping an eye on Flames but, as you may have noticed, he kind of went into lurker mode. Especially since it's D1, I'd rather spend my energy pressuring and sussing out the alignments of people who are actually here.

pedit: that AtE tho
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFour
Goon
ThirtyFour
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:15 am

Post by ThirtyFour »

Yeah, I'm getting pretty emotional right now because I'm angry at myself for sucking at mafia. When I say I'm sorry, my intention isn't to get you to trust me - I honestly have no idea how to do that right now - I'm honestly sorry for sucking.
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFour
Goon
ThirtyFour
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:17 am

Post by ThirtyFour »

Akane, what do you think about Parama?
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:18 am

Maybe you should focus less on throwing a pity party for yourself and more on actually doing things. Getting emotional is fine but gunking up the thread with it isn't.

Can you expand on why you think Parama going after Bins and Flames is suspicious? Perhaps with references to specific posts this time?
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:20 am

In post 107, ThirtyFour wrote:Akane, what do you think about Parama?

leaning town
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFour
Goon
ThirtyFour
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:26 am

Post by ThirtyFour »

Can you please not dismiss my genuine apology over a genuine mistake as throwing a pity party when I'm obviously desperate!? That's not making this easier for me.

I said why I think Parama was suspicious already. Because he really should have realized Bins was voting Not_Mafia further and because he put Flames at L-2 on page 2 over a single post and refused to give a reason when I asked him for it. I can't really think about more until I've calmed down.
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFour
Goon
ThirtyFour
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:27 am

Post by ThirtyFour »

Why are you leaning town on him?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:37 am

Post by Parama »

In post 102, ThirtyFour wrote:
It's personality, it's not changing that easily, and even super experienced players still make mistakes, so having more experience doesn't mean there's no mistakes for me to be afraid of. (And I do have offsite experience.)

Difference between "less mistakes" and "no mistakes".
If a player made "no mistakes" then they'd win every game they played.
I guess it's a matter of site meta then but then -> newbie game to get you more used to site meta (I have no bloody clue what site meta is like here anymore though and that isn't gonna stop me)
In post 102, ThirtyFour wrote:You haven't answered my question. What's good about putting someone at L-1 on the second page over one post?

Pressure is good. Scum crack under pressure. L-1 is as much pressure as you can apply on someone p. much.
And you only said "maybe suddenly derphammer would happen" and that's the exact thing I said I don't take as an answer.
In post 102, ThirtyFour wrote:After him acknowledging the misunderstanding with Bins way too late when it really should have been obvious and putting Flames at L-2 without a good reason (and without explaining his reason when I asked for it), I think Parama is pushing for easy mislynches.

I still legitimately don't see how it's a vote for NM. Sure "mafia" is in his name but "mafia" is in a lot of peoples' names. And is the faction we're trying to lynch.
This is pure BS though because at no point did I in the slightest push for a Bins lynch. Which you just claimed I did. How do you know Flames and Bins are both mislynches by the way? Yes I see you posted a recovery post immediately after which tbh means you /noticed/ you called them mislynches and wanted to feign ignorance. I wouldn't actually care about this slip-up if not for that.
If you want my reasoning for Flames you can, y'know, read the posts I made earlier, btw. Aside from the fact that I didn't actually see it was L-1. I don't like being redundant. Post 45. There ya go.

that AtE tho

inexperience doesn't automatically make you town. newbie-town and newbie-scum still both make newbie mistakes. if you're town you shouldn't care how you look, you worry about the people you think are scum.

Pro-tip:
In post 107, ThirtyFour wrote:Akane, what do you think about Parama?

Never make this kind of post. If Akane had anything to say she already would've, all this does is draw attention to a player without giving any good reason to. It's scummy as heck.
In post 110, ThirtyFour wrote:Can you please not dismiss my genuine apology over a genuine mistake as throwing a pity party when I'm obviously desperate!? That's not making this easier for me.

Drop it and move on and people will not care, 90% of the time
The more you AtE the worse you look
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:39 am

Okay okay sorry, playing mafia here has carved out my heart and replaced it with a callous blob, and it comes out in my posting style. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Leaning town on Parama cuz I think he's asked some decent scumhunting questions (and made some observations independently of me that I happen to agree with, like the N_M/you interaction). He never actually voted Bins and I read the interaction more along the lines of "applying pressure to see how they react" than "trying to call an easy target scum."

I was hoping for specific post numbers for later easy reference but meh. Go take a breather and come back when you're ready to play with a level head.

I will read Parama's post after I post this cuz I don't want to get ninja'd more >.>
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:40 am

Post by Parama »

In post 113, Akane Kurashiki wrote:I was hoping for specific post numbers for later easy reference but meh. Go take a breather and come back when you're ready to play with a level head.

Please do this. Please. Quoting for emphasis.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:41 am

Post by Bins »

I really didn't have a problem with Parama's comment. I just didn't want him misunderstanding me.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFour
Goon
ThirtyFour
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:41 am

Post by ThirtyFour »

Yeah, I think Parama is fine now. I'm trying to calm down. I'm not sure if I can. You might have to look for a replacement.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:43 am

Post by Bins »

In post 116, ThirtyFour wrote:Yeah, I think Parama is fine now. I'm trying to calm down. I'm not sure if I can. You might have to look for a replacement.

Take a break. If you are town, I know exactly how you feel. Getting voted as town is stressful, and in all honestly, sometimes makes me want to just quit the game.

gtkas
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:43 am

Post by Parama »

damn, I just saw I quoted more than I meant to WHOOPS.
though really you should do both. You can use [post*][/post*] tags (sans *'s) to link specific posts even (I just learned this, it's pretty cool since I used to manually link a ton but I'm quoting too much anyways I should start using these more.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:49 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

P-Edit: I was ninja'd on a lot of this after stepping away from my computer for a bit

In post 102, ThirtyFour wrote:You haven't answered my question. What's good about putting someone at L-1 on the second page over one post?

Some people hate L-1 minus early, personally I have no problem with it as long as it's clearly L-1 as I think RVS wagons and L-1 are good for pressure and that they tend to come from town and tend to come from town cos everyone knows how much attention gets put on thme for it and the inevitable discussion about derphammers that comes up every time.

In post 102, ThirtyFour wrote:After him acknowledging the misunderstanding with Bins way too late when it really should have been obvious and putting Flames at L-2 without a good reason (and without explaining his reason when I asked for it), I think Parama is pushing for easy mislynches.

And voting someone doesn't necessarily mean intent to lynch, sometimes it's just to help a read, and someone being wagoned doesn't make you or anyone else a bad player or a liability.

In post 112, Parama wrote:inexperience doesn't automatically make you town. newbie-town and newbie-scum still both make newbie mistakes. if you're town you shouldn't care how you look, you worry about the people you think are scum.

This is great in theory but fails often in practice in regards to newbies, some people are just going to get emotional and prioritise staying in the game for their few games. This is the same low-info lynch on a newb town I've seen many times.

In post 116, ThirtyFour wrote:Yeah, I think Parama is fine now. I'm trying to calm down. I'm not sure if I can. You might have to look for a replacement.

Sometimes it's better to step away from a game for a bit if you're getting stressed out. This is a game first and foremost, it's meant to be enjoyable.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:52 am

Post by Bins »

In post 110, ThirtyFour wrote:
Can you please not dismiss my genuine apology over a genuine mistake as throwing a pity party when I'm obviously desperate!?
That's not making this easier for me.

I said why I think Parama was suspicious already. Because he really should have realized Bins was voting Not_Mafia further and because he put Flames at L-2 on page 2 over a single post and refused to give a reason when I asked him for it. I can't really think about more until I've calmed down.

This really seems geniune at this moment.

Oh and Jackel, even though I was scum in that game, I do try to make my reads as truthful as possible (and that's not hard in a multiball game). My scumread then switch to townread on you was geniune.

gtkas
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFour
Goon
ThirtyFour
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:54 am

Post by ThirtyFour »

I don't know if I can forgive myself for making every possible mistake in the game. If I don't come back here soon you should probably look for a replacement.

Not in the best state too think much at the moment, but Not_Mafia looks town to me.
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:03 pm

If you decide you're not coming back, at least let the mod know so he can start finding a replacement sooner rather than later. Don't just vanish.
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFour
Goon
ThirtyFour
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by ThirtyFour »

Yeah, I just realized that was stupid. I'll try to do that.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:45 pm

Post by Quilford »

Don't replace out on Page 5.

I'm not happy with the pressure on ThirtyFour. It puts me ill at ease. I plan to look at Parama, Reck etc a bit more later.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”