Mini 50 (Newer York Confidential) Game Over!

Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:57 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Alright everyone. So it's not over yet. At least now we can rule out JazzRed and Someone.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:55 am

Post by gslamm »

Fishbulb wrote:Alright everyone. So it's not over yet. At least now we can rule out JazzRed and Someone.
I would like to agree with you, but didn't Riven compose that "news" ?

Also remember were getting the paper a day late.

Night 1 - Tigris, Polarboy killed
Day 1 - PBuG lynched
Night 2- Rite Killed
Day 2- We read Fishbulb was alone night 1, Nolynch
Night 3-Coolbot killed
Day 3- We read JazzRed and Someone met Night 2
... Note: NightStalker takes credit for the night 2 kill.

We can however clear Riven.

Fos like crazy : NightStalker
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
Riven
Riven
Goon
Riven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:40 pm

Post by Riven »

OK, so whats the results of everyones investigations?
Night Stalker
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
John Smith. Really.

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:38 pm

Post by Night Stalker »

Before everyone starts blaming me for last nights kill, check the first page.

Compare:

My kills:

Tigris (Lt. Niceguy, Cop): Killed by a lone asssassin on night 1
Rite(Shards, Thief): Killed by a lone assassin on night 2

Last nights kill:

CoolBot(Jenny, Researcher): Killed by a mafia-style assassination on night 3

IT WASN'T ME.

Other matters:

Riven: Did you actually interview Sgt. Friendly and Capt. Happy for the paper? Or was that just flavor text?

I'm gonna wait to hear the investigation results before I put forth my theories...

I'll be away for the weekend, so don't yell at me for not posting. :P
[size=75]"It's only a bunny!"[/size]
JazzRed
JazzRed
Townie
JazzRed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:07 pm

Post by JazzRed »

Vote: Night Stalker

There was still a mafia kill + your evil mafia = time to lynch you. Oh, and you're taking credit for the assassinations? Why would a vigilante kill night 1? Unless you're a hella stupid vig (who killed a cop!) there is no way you can explain making a kill night 1. Me thinks you got some explaining to do come Monday.
Guess what? No. You're wrong. The answer's 7.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:25 am

Post by Fishbulb »

JazzRed wrote:Why would a vigilante kill night 1? Unless you're a hella stupid vig (who killed a cop!) there is no way you can explain making a kill night 1.
He doesn't have to. That was Viarostultega, a newbie. We've already been over this. ...Not that I am exonerating Night Stalker.
Riven
Riven
Goon
Riven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:40 am

Post by Riven »

Night Stalker wrote:IT WASN'T ME.

Other matters:

Riven: Did you actually interview Sgt. Friendly and Capt. Happy for the paper? Or was that just flavor text?
I'm inclined to believe you there.

Yeah i just pulled some quotes from the thread to make it look more interesting :)
JazzRed
JazzRed
Townie
JazzRed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:39 am

Post by JazzRed »

Fishbulb wrote:
JazzRed wrote:Why would a vigilante kill night 1? Unless you're a hella stupid vig (who killed a cop!) there is no way you can explain making a kill night 1.
He doesn't have to. That was Viarostultega, a newbie. We've already been over this. ...Not that I am exonerating Night Stalker.
You've got a point, but I still think Night Stalker's evil. Think about this - I'm in a pro-town mafia and all I can do is talk to my fellow member. Why would there be another pro town mafia that has a doctor and a vigilante? I don't believe it. And if they are pro-town anyone mind telling me who
is
doing the killings? Until someone proves that my vote stays with Night Stalker.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:49 pm

Post by gslamm »

The whole point of the No lynch yesterday was to get some more information to work with. Why aren't we discussing this information?

I'm curious why CoolBot was the target last night. Sorry no theory at present.

I'm also curious about something else and since JazzRed brought it up:
JazzRed wrote:You've got a point, but I still think Night Stalker's evil. Think about this - I'm in a pro-town mafia and all I can do is talk to my fellow member. Why would there be another pro town mafia that has a doctor and a vigilante?...
This does seem unbalanced. I feel one or both of the Mafia's are anti-town.

Cleared 51% or more in my book: Gslamm, Fishbulb, FinalFear, Riven. In that order and I'll spell out reasons if necessary. Other points I'm pondering.
  • Nothing has been confirmed about the MafiaMasons
  • Night Stalker has taken credit for 2 kills
  • No reason for him to be lying about the kills.
  • There was only 1 kill night 2
  • No-one has claimed Doc or other blocking role
  • The description of last nights kill was different that any previous kill
What does all this add up to? I don't know. Partly because it doesn't make any sense and partly because I forget where I was heading with the list.

I guess I'm leaning towards Night Stalker even more. I'm also still suspicious of Someone and JazzRed.
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:51 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Someone and JazzRed did not kill last night. I can assure you of that. Who did you inspect last night?
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:34 am

Post by gslamm »

Fishbulb wrote:Someone and JazzRed did not kill last night. I can assure you of that.
Hmmm, Ok I'll take you up on your offer. Assure me of that.
Fishbulb wrote: Who did you inspect last night?
I checked Riven.
Riven
Riven
Goon
Riven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:47 am

Post by Riven »

Fishbulb wrote:Someone and JazzRed did not kill last night. I can assure you of that.
Yes I tend to agree here, based on what i got last ngiht. See below.
gslamm wrote:I checked Riven.
Really?? Well I checked you out last night.. and guess what.. it said you were with Coolbot... Care to explain?
Riven
Riven
Goon
Riven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:48 am

Post by Riven »

Oh, and i should
Vote: gslamm
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:40 pm

Post by Someone »

Vote:gslamm
Riven seems to be mostly confirmed right now...
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
JazzRed
JazzRed
Townie
JazzRed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:11 pm

Post by JazzRed »

Riven wrote:Really?? Well I checked you out last night.. and guess what.. it said you were with Coolbot... Care to explain?
If you made the report, how did you find out that he was with CoolBot? Well, seeing as how I have no reason to not believe you (and because you people are so reluctant to lynch Night Stalker) I will...

Unvote: Night Stalker and
Riven
Riven
Goon
Riven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:31 pm

Post by Riven »

Woah, hold up people, we dont want a quick lynch without more discussion on who else is involved with gslamm

UnVote: gslamm
(just to save quick lynch)

i'm going to go and re-read the whole game to try and come up with who is most likely the last killer.

oh and,
JazzRed wrote:If you made the report, how did you find out that he was with CoolBot? Well, seeing as how I have no reason to not believe you (and because you people are so reluctant to lynch Night Stalker) I will...
I can make an annoymous newspaper article for posting on day break, but i must submit the article before getting that nights results.. so, the lastest article was from night 2's results.
Riven
Riven
Goon
Riven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:17 pm

Post by Riven »

FinalFear wrote:The one on the first night was the several machine guns. The second night, that didnt' turn up. So, what's that mean, the mafia didn't get a kill last night? is there a doc in this game?
Asking outright for a doc.. most suspicious.
gslamm wrote:To the rest of the town: Hello out there. Mini 50 needs your input. I promise to be Freindly.
Here we see gslamm trying to find out who his other partner is.. i think there was no night 2 kill, incase gslamm got his own partner by mistake?
gslamm wrote:I'm not sure what else to go on here. Fishbulb didn't do anything suspicious last night,(per the paper) and there was no mafia kill last night. Hmmm... How 'bout it Neighbor?
Here once again fishing to find out the identity of his partner.
Fishbulb wrote:
gslamm wrote: I'm not sure what else to go on here. Fishbulb didn't do anything suspicious last night,(per the paper) and there was no mafia kill last night. Hmmm... How 'bout it Neighbor?
Yes, it was just a coincidence, trust me. I did the same thing both nights. I wonder if it might be worth it to go after JazzRed? It might answer some more questions.
Answered by 'Neighbour', who later claims cop, and i got as alone night 1, perhaps a godfather type role?
gslamm wrote:My name is Freindly and Fishbulbs name is Neighbor. Also I confirm FinalFears name is Goodman.
The 3 killers perhaps?
FishBulb wrote:Why did you do that, gslamm? No one was asking us to role claim...
gslamm wrote:I did that hoping to jumpstart some direction to the game. Note I haven't revealed my role or yours (which I know), I mearly confirmed FinalFear as at least giving his proper name and making sure you knew that I was not doing that because I have some connection with him. (Since you and I have no connection). While I'm at it: I am not one of the mafia masons either.

I may have made myself a more interesting night target. Or maybe thats what the killers will think I'm trying to do, Or maybe they'll think I'm trying to make them think thats what I'm trying to do... either way I would ask the blocker/doc to pick the same target tonight so that at least I only risk one killer.
Perhaps this indicates that gslamm knew 'Neighbour' was his fellow killer, and tries to not associate himself with the 'no conection' bit.
FishBulb wrote:Yeah, I already knew you were Friendly, even before your hint on Page 4. Just thought it would be better to keep it quiet for now. But you are probably right, it's not that big of a deal and it will help move things forward.
More info on the associations.
gslamm wrote:Riven claims Fishbulb met with nobody night one while I was investigating him, and he was I'm sure investigating somebody
But gslamm claims to only get a characters name that belongs to submitted players nick.
gslamm wrote:I'm a junior cop, Sgt. Freindly . (Seem pretty sane.) No kill, No block, Nothing fancy. I submit a name and get their name.
As stated here.
gslamm wrote:I'm curious why CoolBot was the target last night. Sorry no theory at present.
You were so curious, that you had to go kill him, along with somebody who helped you.

I'm picking that either or both FinalFear & FishBulb are the others involved with gslamms killings.

I'm thinking that a lynch of gslamm today, and perhaps if Night Stalker you could target FinalFear tonight (i dont believe his Vig role-claim)

Then if the town wins tomorrow, FishBulb is innocent (which would mean that perhaps Tigris was a killer), and only knew about the others through the 'Police' common link. Otherwise, we lynch FishBulb tomorrow aswell.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:13 pm

Post by gslamm »

Hold up a minute. Geez!

I am not scum.

I don't know why Riven got that I was with Coolbot, "if he did". I wasn't! Maybe CoolBot was with me. Fishbulb turned up as alone, so you say, when I was investigating him.
Here we see gslamm trying to find out who his other partner is.. i think there was no night 2 kill, incase gslamm got his own partner by mistake?
??? WTF?? I am a cop. An innocent cop. I check peoples names. I was letting people know who I am. It also confirms that I am who I say since there is no way I could have guessed their names.

I'm tempted to tear into Riven right now. His name matches his role claim and he has a demonstrated ability to publish a paper. However his investigating ability is VERY questionable. He got Fishbulb alone night one (Sorry to keep harping on this. ) He got Someone was with JazzRed night two (who would have guessed), and then claims Coolbot was with me night 3 (hunh?) His role claim is most likely partially fraudulent for reasons I've stated before. The mispelling of "carnegie" and the win condition of "Survive till the end of game". His attack on me is a ploy to get rid of a thorn in his side.

Vote:Riven
there is no other explanation I can think of. Come on people think.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:49 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Too much to quote here...

First off, I followed JazzRed last night. I found, basically, the same exact thing that was posted in the newspaper. I realize now, the best bet would've been to come out with who we plan to investigate before last night, so we wouldn't waste abilities on the same players. The main reason I decided against it was that whoever is scum could just kill off the player targeting him. So, I wasted my check. At least we know the newspaper is legit, whether or not Riven is.

Ant that brings me to what is happening right now. First off, I have no affiliation with anyone, except that I knew who the other cops' names were (but not the players) at the beginning of the game. I figured out who gslamm is because I did a background check on him night 1. Not as mysterious as you tried to make it sound, Riven. At this point, the only people I have cleared are Someone and JazzRed. Night Stalker, FinalFear, Riven, and even gslamm are all suspects on my list. Even though gslamm and FinalFear are cops, I still think there is a definite possibility of more crooked cops still around. I need to do some serious thread reading and then I will try to have one worth voting for, but I am not going to take sides in this pointing match with Riven and gslamm.

Right now, I want to hear more from FinalFear and Night Stalker. What are your thoughts? This is endgame, so you have to have at least some sort of input here.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:31 am

Post by gslamm »

FishBulb: You "followed" JazzRed ? What happened to
FishBulb wrote:"Yes, I did a background check night 1 and 2. But that is different than an investigation; I just go through paperwork all by myself. Hence the newspaper report that I did nothing on night 2 as well.
Maybe you missed or misunderstood EVERY post about the newspaper! Riven says you were alone
"NIGHT ONE"
and Jazzred and Someone were together
"NIGHT TWO"
We get the paper a day late. So even if you "followed" JazzRed last night (night three) it confirms nothing.

Fos: Fishbulb
FinalFear
FinalFear
Townie
FinalFear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2003 8:06 am

Post by FinalFear »

my thoughts are simply these: Nightstalker is the last killer. He "is" a vig, but i think he's just saying that because it would cover for him when someone dies. "it's not me". maybe i don't know what i'm talking about (and probably don't) but
vote: NightStalker

also, asking for a doc is not "suspicous." i just wanted to know if there was one in the game.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:11 am

Post by Fishbulb »

gslamm wrote:FishBulb: You "followed" JazzRed ? What happened to
FishBulb wrote:"Yes, I did a background check night 1 and 2. But that is different than an investigation; I just go through paperwork all by myself. Hence the newspaper report that I did nothing on night 2 as well.
Maybe you missed or misunderstood EVERY post about the newspaper! Riven says you were alone
"NIGHT ONE"
and Jazzred and Someone were together
"NIGHT TWO"
We get the paper a day late. So even if you "followed" JazzRed last night (night three) it confirms nothing.
I haven't misunderstood anything about the newspaper. I have misunderstood this post, however. I'm really not sure what you are talking about so I don't know how to respond. I was alone night 1 and 2, because I did
Research
and check on you and CoolBot (respectively). Last night, I chose to do
Legwork
and follow JazzRed. Since I did follow JazzRed last night, I can confirm that neither he nor Someone could've involved with the killing of CoolBot. I don't see how we could have two completely different sets of killers, one that killed last night, and then another today. They are most likely the same people. It's not going to look good for you if you are really trying to make Someone and JazzRed suspects again. Let's move on.
Riven
Riven
Goon
Riven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:13 am

Post by Riven »

gslamm wrote:Maybe CoolBot was with me.
Cool bot was a researcher, he did not go out at night to check people, and he died in the town hall.
gslamm wrote:Fishbulb turned up as alone, so you say, when I was investigating him.
You dont investigate, you told us yourself, you submit a name and get a name. This does not require you to be with anyone at night. Also all the people you have checked names for, you have either already got from the thread or role claims..
gslamm wrote:
??? WTF?? I am a cop. An innocent cop. I check peoples names. I was letting people know who I am. It also confirms that I am who I say since there is no way I could have guessed their names.
You were trying to get the other in your group to respond, as you only knew their characters names. Oh, and you mention that you check names, not go out and investigate.
gslamm wrote:However his investigating ability is VERY questionable. He got Fishbulb alone night one (Sorry to keep harping on this. )
Explained already.
gslamm wrote:He got Someone was with JazzRed night two (who would have guessed)
I got this result before anyone knew the two were connected.. ie i got the result on Night 2, and it was revealed in the thread on Day 2 later by 'Someone', i investigated JasonPingPong, after he sent PBuG away very quickly.
gslamm wrote:and then claims Coolbot was with me night 3 (hunh?)
Nope, I said that you were with Coolbot, I'm picking you as the shooter, and FinalFear as the person that held him.
gslamm wrote:His role claim is most likely partially fraudulent for reasons I've stated before. The mispelling of "carnegie" and the win condition of "Survive till the end of game". His attack on me is a ploy to get rid of a thorn in his side.
The spelling is a mistake by the mod, as i just copied my PM straight to the thread, and the win condition is actually "You win if you survive the game. Stopping the killers would be a nice bonus, though."

FOS: FinalFear
Riven
Riven
Goon
Riven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:26 am

Post by Riven »

FinalFear wrote:my thoughts are simply these: Nightstalker is the last killer. He "is" a vig, but i think he's just saying that because it would cover for him when someone dies. "it's not me". maybe i don't know what i'm talking about (and probably don't) but
vote: NightStalker

also, asking for a doc is not "suspicous." i just wanted to know if there was one in the game.
Try re-reading the death scene. The kill last night was not by one person, there was a shooter, and somebody held Coolbot for the shooter..

I also believe your role claim to be false, and you are the person that held CoolBot for gslamm.
JazzRed
JazzRed
Townie
JazzRed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:47 am

Post by JazzRed »

Here's something to keep in mind about the "You win if you survive the game" thing. My role didn't even have a win condition originally. Being an ex-mobster, I wasn't sure who my role wanted to win. I then PMed the mod and asked. His reply was that you win if the town survives. My point is that I don't think mneme made it a point to have all the pro-town roles have the same win condition (meaning they all weren't phrased the same way).

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”