NY 177: Simple Complexity (GAME OVER: Scum Wins!)

Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:39 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

@Psyche
I don't really know what to say to that.

I mean I think they're really good points, good enough that I can't think of a rebuttal at least.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:02 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

Gah.

Alright fine, this is better then my suspect and I admit it.

Unvote
Vote: Majiffy

I also apologize (grudgingly) for saying you weren't taking this seriously.

@Aero
From now on you're the whiffler. You whiffle on everyone.
Unless that is you tell me what it was about TN's post that made you think he was town.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:17 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 501, Mirhawk wrote:Gah.

Alright fine, this is better then my suspect and I admit it.

Unvote
Vote: Majiffy

I also apologize (grudgingly) for saying you weren't taking this seriously.

@Aero
From now on you're the whiffler. You whiffle on everyone.
Unless that is you tell me what it was about TN's post that made you think he was town.

I'm assuming a whiffler is someone who doesn't answer questions.

Being perfectly honest, I was phone posting in a McDonald's toilet stall. I don't really know what I was liking at the time. Looking at it now, It's sort of just TN calling people pet names. I agree with "Townreads are preferable to scumreads this early in the game", although that point has long passed by now.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:44 pm

Post by Majiffy »

There are too many scum in this game.

O Lord, grant your faithful servant a chaingun vig tonight so that I may do your holy bidding.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:03 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

Oook just woke up and read those sweet 6 pages you left me with.
So right now idk what to think of tree. Majify on the other side is a slight townread. Yes his case wasn't that good, but I feel like he did it just out of town motivation amd just doesn't feel fabricated to me.
Elyse vs Aero just made me like Elyse more. She had a point in all of her posts there. Aero really had some weak points but the things Elyse pointed out on Aero aren't really scum indicative. They are mostly some contradictions that can come out of newb/confused town as well.
I like Mir too. His latest posts are nice.
Oka I dont like. I agree with Aero that his push just seems like he is trying too hard and trying to get on on whatever he can. Also his push on me ends as suddenly as it started and I dont like this too.

VOTE: Oka
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:14 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 170, OkaPoka wrote:gameplay vanilla town confirmed

In post 318, OkaPoka wrote:VOTE: gameplay
will not retract until a proper response.

Um what?!
Also this was a response to tree:
In post 250, OkaPoka wrote:rvs ended when the scum hunting began. and you are scum. I'm voting you now.

So what made you switch votes?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:58 am

Post by OkaPoka »

nice omgus you got there.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:01 am

Post by OkaPoka »

i switched votes cuz u didn't answer my questions. I said you are a vanilla townie cuz you think this is mountainous. now the vote stays cuz you omgussed me.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:50 am

Post by T S O »

Um, Aeronaut, wrong game...
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:44 am

Post by Psyche »

well then

er, im gonna be inactive for a while on account of college transitions
You can't step in the same river twice.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:55 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 506, OkaPoka wrote:nice omgus you got there.

I don't really think it was an intended OMGUS. He gave an actual reasoning whereas you're just saying OMGUS OMGUS GET HIM HE'S EVIL
2023 W/L | 1-0
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:14 am

Post by Alina »

In post 344, PeregrineV wrote:Who won the elyse v royal thing?

And the EVERYONE v Reinoe thing?

Well, Elyse and Royal are still yelling at eachother, so...I wasn't aware it ended, lol. And Everyone VS Reinoe was more of a joke. Evidently an unfunny one. So what do you think about Elyse VS Royal?

In post 342, tn5421 wrote:Because you're fucking scummier than Reinoe.

Congratulations.

VOTE: Tree

As much as I don't care for his weirdness, what makes you think he's scummy?

In post 371, shaddowez wrote:Why aren't you answering my question towards you?

Well, he did answer your question. In a kind of evasive way, but he did answer it. My experience with him says that he prefers to townhunt and then find the scum by PoE.

In post 371, shaddowez wrote:Alina - You stopped asking questions, which for you is surprising. Have any current scumreads?

What do you mean by this? I asked a few questions last time I was on, although they weren't directed at anyone in particular; the Reinoe meta one was the one I was most looking forward to an answer, but I'm assuming due to the lack of me getting one he's never been a nutto in a scum game before. I'll metadive him myself when I'm less lazy and check. Wrt scumreads, I don't really care much for Okapoka running around tossing rocks at everyone for whatever reason he can find. Tree and psyche are a mix of annoying and funny, but not necessarily scummy. What about you?

In post 410, Aeronaut wrote:Psyche, you literally don't make sense ever.

I'd be down with a tree lynch, but I'm not feeling good about Oka. The aggressiveness rubs me wrong, and it sort of feels like he's trying way to hard to make it look like he's scumhunting.

THANK YOU. This is similar to something I heard about in another game. "Buzzword scumhunting" Basically a thing new-scum use to make themselves look useful by tossing around crappy buzzwords. He keeps tossing stuff around like "lol omgus" when shit like that doesn't mean anything. You have to look at the CONTEXT and he's not doing that. He's just running round accusing people for whatever reason he can find.

In post 423, farside22 wrote:Also question to either aero or renioe (since you two I remember from the last normal) does anything feel off about Alina to you?

This is apparently my new thing. >< My first two games it was "Alina is obvtown." Now it's "There's something odd about Alina and no one has any idea what!" It's kind of annoying.

In post 427, Aeronaut wrote:I think she's a bit more confident this round. Not sure if that's anything. I feel like she's sort of hard to read, because she literally always seems town to me. She's null for me at the moment.

Wait, so am I always seeming town to you or am I null? This confuses me. I also see later you did something similar to this later that Elyse called you out on...a lot. :/ And then you have alright posts later that make this seem less bad. Still weird.

In post 463, OkaPoka wrote:Tree is being reinoe. Anyways tree is leaning scummy.to me. I would still like elsye and Josh to go at it.

Why is tree leaning scummy to you?
More buzzwords?

~

Texcat seems newtown to me.

~

In post 493, Mirhawk wrote:Though If you make a case for why Majiffy's scum I am interested. Personally I dislike his interactions with Gameplay.

What do you dislike about his gameplay interactions? I apparently skimmed right by them because I have no idea what you're talking about. :lol:

In post 504, gameplay506 wrote:Oook just woke up and read those sweet 6 pages you left me with.
So right now idk what to think of tree. Majify on the other side is a slight townread. Yes his case wasn't that good, but I feel like he did it just out of town motivation amd just doesn't feel fabricated to me.
Elyse vs Aero just made me like Elyse more. She had a point in all of her posts there. Aero really had some weak points but the things Elyse pointed out on Aero aren't really scum indicative. They are mostly some contradictions that can come out of newb/confused town as well.
I like Mir too. His latest posts are nice.
Oka I dont like. I agree with Aero that his push just seems like he is trying too hard and trying to get on on whatever he can. Also his push on me ends as suddenly as it started and I dont like this too.

VOTE: Oka

I like this whole post. I agree with...well... all of it.

In post 506, OkaPoka wrote:nice omgus you got there.

LOOK! MORE BUZZWORDS! You should turn this into an Olympic sport.

Yeah, as you probably were able to tell as you were reading this, I am ending this post with a...

VOTE: OkaPoka

Your "scumhunting" seems like a farce.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:38 am

Post by OkaPoka »

So your case on me is me accusing people? Lol k.

So you dislike the fact that I have an opinion on gameplay scum and me talking. I see you also hate people who don't play like you.
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:40 am

Post by Alina »

No, that's not my case on you. My case on you is that you're using buzzword scumhunting and tossing stuff at whoever you can find. In general, your scumhunting looks forced and fake as fuck.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:45 am

Post by OkaPoka »

I see you dont like different methods of Scumhunting. I like to accuse people if I see something.
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:47 am

Post by Alina »

...So you think saying "Omgus" to as many people as possible is scumhunting. No, it's really not. You've accused people for weak reasons the whole time, and while I realize that's something you have to do early on the game, we're past that point now. Your scumhunting looks forced so you can manufacture a "townie" persona.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:51 am

Post by OkaPoka »

How is my method forced

If you think I want to seem townie well I dont care about that. My reasoning for gameplay is justified in my mind.

Omgus is a scummy move to make. No matter how you think about it you are literallly trying to kill a person who accuse you. I use omgus when I am scum, so I feel it is scummy to do.
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:53 am

Post by Alina »

It looks like you're trying to gain towncred while also keeping your options open by accusing as many people as possible. And also, OMGUS isn't always that scummy of a move. I don't understand why people seem to think it's the curse of Satan or something because I don't see it. And everyone acts differently as scum. You have to look at the context, try to look at things from Gameplay's perspective. Look at it from a town perspective. Then a scum perspective. Do you think a town-him would not find you suspicious at all?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:58 am

Post by OkaPoka »

If gameplay has bannable info that DOESN'T help mu much or say much info why the hell would he bring that up? Think about it.
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:59 am

Post by Alina »

What is the scum motivation behind bringing up bannable info? What does that gain him?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:08 am

Post by OkaPoka »

I think gameplay is lying and was using that to allow for a possible fakelclaim. However the time wasn't right so he made up it was bannable. If he already asked if the info was bannable, why didn't he say that beforehand? He wanted to keep it to himself and never stated it wad bannable until I questioned him. He had so much possible scum motivation because of the possibility of a free lynch of a pr and him claiming something.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:10 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Oka, do you have any reasoning for voting gameplay besides OMGUS? Or is that really it?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:10 am

Post by Alina »

I....I...okay. I had trouble understanding that but assuming I got it correctly. Okay, so if he was setting up for a fakeclaim, WHY WOULD HE SUDDENLY CHANGE HIS MIND? And maybe he just didn't think of it? I don't know. And I don't understand the last sentence at all. He implied he was a VT(Which I wish you hadn't pointed out, but it's out in the open now) so how exactly would he get away with fakeclaiming after suggesting the setup could be mountainous?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:12 am

Post by OkaPoka »

To lynch anyone who claims pr.

He changed his mind because the time was not right.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:12 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 520, OkaPoka wrote:I think gameplay is lying and was using that to allow for a possible fakelclaim. However the time wasn't right so he made up it was bannable. If he already asked if the info was bannable, why didn't he say that beforehand? He wanted to keep it to himself and never stated it wad bannable until I questioned him. He had so much possible scum motivation because of the possibility of a free lynch of a pr and him claiming something.

Didn't see this.

Hmm... I guess it doesn't make sense that he would mention it in the first place
2023 W/L | 1-0

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”