Siv
Aneninen
Armageddon
Aafter
TobyLoby
Saki

Not Voting :
Armageddon, Saki,

Deadline is in (expired on 2014-08-30 00:01:00)

With 14 players it takes 8 to lynch
!

If anyone disagrees with or doesn't understand any of my reads/reasoning they should state so, willing to go into it in more detail if needed.

Oh and I did have one question I wanted to ask; Elmo, what role would you take as the #1 draft spot as scum and why?
Last edited by burn_209 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
TobyLoby
TobyLoby
Goon
TobyLoby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:37 pm

Post by TobyLoby »

In post 374, Regfan wrote:Salas unprompted vig claim in Post 135 is something that I think is unlikely to come from scum alone largely because it prevents them from using the ability optimally (Having 2 scum night kills one night) and instead forcing him to use it either shooting a "weaker player" or someone that is universally scum read.

I agree to a point.

With a set-up like this, there is not a lot of room to maneuver in. Players can figure out and verify your role based on the draft system. These same roles can belong to either town or scum; some more likely than others. It's very likely you're going to be forced to out your role either due to interactions or a mass claim. It's not going to go down well if you, as a scum vig, kills off some bizarre person who doesn't fit the criteria you listed.

For example, in Open 472 the scum vig killed a townie N1 who faked counterclaimed a cop the previous day that resulted in the cop being lynched. That kill probably wasn't the optimum shot for the scum team as a whole, but it made sense for a town vig to do. This is a different game with different circumstances, of course.

However, a scum Sally calling out the people he is thinking of vigging is limiting his choices and early on? That is definitely not optimal for scum and I can see that coming from town more than scum.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:58 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 376, TobyLoby wrote:With a set-up like this, there is not a lot of room to maneuver in. Players can figure out and verify your role based on the draft system. These same roles can belong to either town or scum; some more likely than others. It's very likely you're going to be forced to out your role either due to interactions or a mass claim. It's not going to go down well if you, as a scum vig, kills off some bizarre person who doesn't fit the criteria you listed.

Oh I fully realise that scum (Especially high in the order) can't fake-claim roles without being caught, if he got the vig power he's going to have to claim it at some point down the line and not have shoot the towniest player in the game with it but I think Scum!Sala would instead keep it unclaimed on D1 and then manipluate his reads to allow himself to shoot a stronger player than Game for instance with it so he assists scum but still has "town motivation" behind his shot. Either way he's one of my weaker town reads at the moment and do very much want him to get around to stating thoughts on other players in the game.

Do you disagree with any of my other reads/reasoning at all? Also you should totally join me on Siv, there's cookies for joining.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:53 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Siveure, your readlist in was very poor. Try harder please!

Flubbernugget,
"This reminds me of that episode of South Park where Cartman starts spewing a bunch of bullshit about numbers to prove Kyle caused 9/11."
. – What did you mean by that in ?

Regfan, nice catchup!
The things disturbing you are about my playstyle.
Your case against Siveure makes me think. Mostly because I don't really know how to read him.
As for Flubber. Well, I don't know. What if he's simply reading and waiting for more content or for the replacement issues to be solved?

@Mod: thanks for the extra time and for your efforts finding replacements! But please, we're longing for a Vote Count so much!
I bet you love players for whom nothing is good enough, don't you? ^_^
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:26 pm

Post by Aneninen »

There is something else about Elmo.
I would eagerly believe that someone had't read the setup and didn't read the thread thoroughly IF they were in the last part of the draft list. But, he's the first name in the draft! It's 100% that he has a PR and I strongly believe that town PRs are trying to salvage everything out of the thread so as to use their abilities in the possible best way. (Or at least, this must be true for most possible PRs of this setup.)

By the way, Elmo, having ISO-ed you recently I found this post of yours again:

In post 125, Anatole Kuragin wrote:Probably best not to speculate much about roles.
I will say this though - don't automatically trust anyone who sends you a fruit or neighborizes you.

In post 126, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:There we go. FRUIT VENDOR

Though I asked it once before I'm asking again: what did you mean by that answer?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:59 pm

Post by Regfan »

Anen, re; Flubb, I hardly think the "replacement issue" nullifyiness scum-tells such as not scumhunting and asking filler type questions. I also don't really think the draft order has any impact on whether Elmo believed there was 2 or 3 mafia, the roles usages don't change in either case so that argument doesn't do much for me.

Oh and is English your second language? I don't mean to be rude or anything it's just the phrasing of some of your posts feel odd? And when I've noticed that in the past it's either due to scum being forced or the person not being a native English speaker and I'm thinking it's the second one in this case.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:30 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

[quote="In post 378
Flubbernugget,
"This reminds me of that episode of South Park where Cartman starts spewing a bunch of bullshit about numbers to prove Kyle caused 9/11."
. – What did you mean by that in ?
[/quote]

I don't like how he's trying to base a scum slip off of information the whole town had. It's almost like his pidgin riddle, where if you try hard enough you can put a twist on anything.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:52 am

Post by Aneninen »

Regfan: yes, English is my second language.

Flubber and others: I can see that some of you find my case weak. Can you tell me why you think Elmo is town? This would be really important because, in my opinion, draft order matters and it would be a serious mistake if we lynched the first name in the draft and he flipped town afterwards.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:30 am

Post by Regfan »

Really don't like the fact that Flubber came in here and clearly read through enough to answer Anens question but completely avoided responding to my scum read of him or my statement that he hasn't scumhunted at all.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:01 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Ane. I was waiting for someone to say something about it. Its like the best role in the game.
And ur was me just having some fun
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:12 am

Post by Siveure DtTrikyp »

Well bugger. Regfan hasn't misread me as town before lol. Probably my fault, b/c I've sucked so far lol.

Yeah I ignored the thingy from #266 in the read. And yeah your problem with that IS exactly what I was thinking about that. Yeaah...

The 4 theory does kinda work, I guess. I've always thought it'd be pointless to do that b/c I play this setup so much and everyone knows I do. It'd be entering a wifom battle which is something I avoid consciously doing as scum, especially when there's a much simpler path. *shrug* The reason scum-siv picks 4 is b/c it's what town-siv would do.

^ That above line of reasoning is crap. Welp. This sucks. *shrug* Anyway, time to sheep regfan.

VOTE: flubbernugget
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:24 am

Post by Regfan »

Eh, that reaction actually looks kind of townish.

Unvote, Vote: Flubber
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:35 am

Post by Regfan »

Actually while you're here can you explain to me how you determined the order in which to reread players for your reads list in because you state
"Flubber + Hephaestus + Venrob: Don't know off their posts (
mostly due to braindeadedness by the time i got to them
)"
which implies you got to them last but going by the playerlist and the ISO list that wouldn't have occurred which suggests a different manner; what was it and why'd you use it?
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:10 am

Idk

Whatever felt like a thingy to go off.

After a while I put everyone I hadn't put in already in a list from the OP and did them in order then.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:12 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Ok regfan is towny. Still liking Siv, Sala.the most for lynches
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:17 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 389, gameplay506 wrote:Ok regfan is towny. Still liking Siv, Sala.the most for lynches

Sic isn't dying today. Get that out of your head

Permanently V/LA
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:24 am

Post by Regfan »

Game, not even remotely interested in lynching Sala today, if I can't get Flubber I'd be okay going back to Siv though because his answer to that was really underwhelming but there's also a bunch of lurkers / new replacements that I need to get a handle on (Saki/Arma ect.).

Elmo, want to explain your town read on Siv for me please or "why he isn't dying today".
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:45 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

I maybe able to get to it today not 100% phone posting till at least tomorrow. I don't see Siv as sunny more like a person who's not sure what to think given everything that's happened in this game. I would lynch flubberv though

Permanently V/LA
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:39 am

Why is me being confused town confusion and not scum faking total confusion?
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:48 am

God that above post is literally posted just to try make regfan townread me... wtf am I supposed to do?

This is why I'm so self-aware of how people will read me. I have NO clue what to do once someone scumreads me so I try my hardest to make sure that doesn't happen.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:18 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 394, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:God that above post is literally posted just to try make regfan townread me... wtf am I supposed to do?

Stop caring about your appearance if you're town, instead focus on scumhunting. Flubbers probably one scum, if you're town who are the others?
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:22 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 391, Regfan wrote:Game, not even remotely interested in lynching Sala today, if I can't get Flubber I'd be okay going back to Siv though because his answer to that was really underwhelming but there's also a bunch of lurkers / new replacements that I need to get a handle on (Saki/Arma ect.).

Elmo, want to explain your town read on Siv for me please or "why he isn't dying today".

I don't think he's the right call for today. Am I lining him up no. I just read his posts like a confused townie who seems to die D1 because of his play. And if he plays mafia anything like he plays hearthstone then he's town.

Permanently V/LA
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:34 am

I don't KNOW. I don't know how to get scumreads. Everyone I look at is either town or null due to lack of posts. I'm probably overdoing the townreads, but I don't know which would be wrong.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:40 am

Post by burn_209 »

Armageddon has seeked replacment (no surprise)

Vote Count has be updated and I am going to try to have a vote count for you guys every 3 pages or at least close to that is the plan
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:42 am

Post by Regfan »

Elmo, moving more and more towards agreeing with you in that I don't want Siv today. Flubber hangs today.

Seen Sala and ZZZX around a lot in the last few hours, both need to get in here and contribute. Should mention it now by the way, while I had a weak town read on Antole a few 'things' would actually make sense if that slots scum.

In post 397, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:I don't KNOW. I don't know how to get scumreads. Everyone I look at is either town or null due to lack of posts. I'm probably overdoing the townreads, but I don't know which would be wrong.

There's people you said you didn't get around to properly, go take a re-look at them, take another look over Game (I don't see how you or anyone can have
no
read on him), really all you need to do is
attempt to scumhunt
, whether your reads are super accurate or not doesn't bother me, I just need to see genuine scumhunting.

Return to “Completed Open Games”