NY 177: Simple Complexity (GAME OVER: Scum Wins!)

tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:02 pm

Post by tn5421 »

In post 1359, Alina wrote:This is probably L-2.

VOTE: Aeronaut

I
t miiiiight be L-1. I'm bad at counting.
I'm not sure. So be careful.

WELP, FORGOT THIS ONE
WIP
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:11 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

I am not ok with Maji's sheep. It is scummy to jump on Aero with almost no case and reasons compared to how many things he came up with on tree. Like wtf. You were pushing tree exactly half the game, at least 60% of your posts are about him and you blatantly sheep the Aero wagon with almost no reasoning? Um no.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:27 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1296, shaddowez wrote:
In post 672, farside22 wrote:Texcat mentions a lot about tree in the post I quoted but vote for aero for an unknown reason.
I typically see that from newbscum. Where you mention a player you don't like but vote the other and the person you have more issue with is your scum buddy.

That didn't happen in the four posts you made. You also didn't quote that in your vote for him, you quoted something completely different. Also:
In post 1124, farside22 wrote:
In post 1123, texcat wrote:
In post 1113, farside22 wrote:
Can you explain why you asked this:

In post 627, texcat wrote:
In post 601, notscience wrote:So yeah

he's town

moving on

I get that Gameplay's theory on a mountainous game makes it look like he is vanilla town. And I've never played with him before, but isn't it worth considering that he's scum who made this whole thing up to look like vanilla town?

Did you have a scum read on gameplay I missed?

I certainly don't have a town read on Gameplay. And so I disagreed with NotScience's dismissal of him as town. Is this just another example of your hyperfocus on me?

I've talked about more then you, if you read the game at all.
How about your other scum reads, since all I saw was a follow elyse and not town read on gameplay.

Vote: tn

Hypocrisy much?

1) your first point is useless since I did mention it.
2) did you miss the part where I phone post?
Always.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:14 am

Post by T S O »

Someone vig Gameplay please.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:16 am

Post by T S O »

Gameplay, you don't seem to get some very basic tenets of Mafia and I don't give enough fucks in this game to teach you.

We've played one game together; I replaced in and -immediately- called both scum out alone. I died the same night. You mishammered in LyLo.

So I'm not going to give you any leeway on anything unless you actually start making sense. You're making 0 sense this game and it's really annoying.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
tree
tree
Goon
tree
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:40 am

Post by tree »

In post 1368, tn5421 wrote:Damnit.

On one hand, I want to lynch tree today, but on the other I can't just sit back and ignore this godawful wagon on Aero.

How the fuck can someone GAMBIT with ICs and Dayvigs but GOD FORBID SOMEONE FUCKING SOFTCLAIM LOL PILE ON THE WAGON

What do you think "gambit" means?

Under my definition I don't know how you could call it a gambit. A gambit is something like claiming bodyguard as doctor so the scum still tries to kill the confirmed town player you're protecting. What I did wasn't even "reaction test" levels of gambitting, it was just because I was bored and perceived the game as being boring.
haru-chan
^_^
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:48 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Instead calling mw useless try proving it is so.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:12 am

Post by Psyche »

i voted aero because his votes look bad
You can't step in the same river twice.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:30 am

Post by gameplay506 »

So you voted Aero for having bad votes but you didnt vote NS who was voting a townread of his ?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:50 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Gameplay, are you seriosuly going to make Alina your slave?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:54 am

Post by OkaPoka »

I think aero might be scum I am not going to argue with the wagon or join the wagon at the moment as I don't really have a strong opinion of it.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:55 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1383, gameplay506 wrote:So you voted Aero for having bad votes but you didnt vote NS who was voting a townread of his ?

ns is confirmed terrible
You can't step in the same river twice.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:17 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 1383, gameplay506 wrote:So you voted Aero for having bad votes but you didnt vote NS who was voting a townread of his ?

Aero voted for someone that he not only thought was town, but would be willing to be lynched himself if that person flipped scum.

Like I don't understand why you keep bringing up NS as if he's worse than Aero and your defense of Aero sucks.

I don't get why everyone needs new, original reasons to hop on a wagon. I certainly don't expect people to find more scummy stuff about Aero when I'm trying my hardest to do so to get him lynched. Should I stop scumhunting so other people can find stuff and have justified spots on the wagon? It's bullshit that the wagon is falling apart when I've brought up so much stuff about him just because other people are sheeping me.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:36 am

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 1387, Elyse wrote:

Aero voted for someone that he not only thought was town, but would be willing to be lynched himself if that person flipped scum.

Like I don't understand why you keep bringing up NS as if he's worse than Aero and your defense of Aero sucks.

I don't get why everyone needs new, original reasons to hop on a wagon. I certainly don't expect people to find more scummy stuff about Aero when I'm trying my hardest to do so to get him lynched. Should I stop scumhunting so other people can find stuff and have justified spots on the wagon? It's bullshit that the wagon is falling apart when I've brought up so much stuff about him just because other people are sheeping me.

So you prefer to get blatantly sheeped by people who have hardly expressed any suspicions on Aero? Mkay.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:37 am

Post by texcat »

I've resisted giving any reads because a. it's difficult to read people you've never played with and b. it's day one and c. I know all of these will change.

scum

Aeronaut flipflops, aggressive under pressure

omguscum

Aegor
farside And her recent change to TN is ?

people to keep an eye on

tree IC and dayvig
Elyse tunnel on Royal, vote on Aero, pretty quiet otherwise
gameplay wtf genius who knows the setup
Oka needs a re-read/iso
notscience townish, but votes tree with Majiffy deal
Majiffy townish, but is Tree the only scum in the game?

Mostly null on rest.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:38 am

Post by T S O »

I hate Oka's stance on Aero.

Elyse, the wagon's not falling apart, don't worry. I'll strongarm the fuck out of it if I have to.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:38 am

Post by T S O »

Also the wagon comprises of just about every influential player sans farside, so yeah.
-Marquis
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:40 am

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 1389, texcat wrote:Aeronaut flipflops, aggressive under pressure

Where does he flip flops btw?
Also I dont think he is being aggresive because of the wagon.

Also your reasons are pretty outdated.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:43 am

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 1386, Psyche wrote:

ns is confirmed terrible

Why isnt Aero confirmed terrible then?
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:51 am

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 1385, OkaPoka wrote:I think aero might be scum I am not going to argue with the wagon or join the wagon at the moment as I don't really have a strong opinion of it.

Let me translate that for ya:
"If it happens for Aero to get on L-1 I will hammer him but right now I don't feel like saying anything about the wagon simply because I will draw too much attention on myself".
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:57 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1312, tree wrote:
In post 1307, Psyche wrote:can you gimme your reads and an explanation for each of them so substantive than you think they might even convince someone to agree with you, at least as far as you can

I think you're town for the defense of me- not that I haven't considered you could be whiteknighting. Mostly a gut read, as in I know it's true but can't really explain why.

I've been coming around to Majiffy being town. Pretty sure this sort of "explain my scumreads badly or not at all yet expect people to sheep me and yell at them when they don't" playstyle represents his typical town play.

I think notscience is town mostly off of gut and the way he approached the Aero scumread and wagon - I see it as something too risky for scum to be doing, and how he reacted to gameplay also looks like reasonable town.

I've also liked how farside seems to be thinking through things completely. I can see a clear thought process in her posts which means she's definitely trying to figure things out.

As for scumreads, I still think tn's stances regarding me and Majiffy are not just unreasonable, but they look fabricated too. It's like he's forgetting whether he's trying to push me as a town policy lynch, or a straightup scum lynch. And again, notscience's Aero case is good but I'm comfortable with my tn vote.

I have to go now, sorry if I'm missing anything in the post previews.

Wow. Tree came back and started playing the game again. That's.... surprising.

In post 1378, T S O wrote:Someone vig Gameplay please.

And TSO returns in a blaze of glory.

In post 1379, T S O wrote:Gameplay, you don't seem to get some very basic tenets of Mafia and I don't give enough fucks in this game to teach you.

We've played one game together; I replaced in and -immediately- called both scum out alone. I died the same night. You mishammered in LyLo.

So I'm not going to give you any leeway on anything unless you actually start making sense. You're making 0 sense this game and it's really annoying.

Which things is he saying that dont make sense?

In post 1385, OkaPoka wrote:I think aero might be scum I am not going to argue with the wagon or join the wagon at the moment as I don't really have a strong opinion of it.

What do you have a strong opinion on?

In post 1387, Elyse wrote:

I don't get why everyone needs new, original reasons
to hop on a wagon
. I certainly don't expect people to find more scummy stuff about Aero when I'm trying my hardest to do so to get him lynched. Should I stop scumhunting so other people can find stuff and have justified spots on the wagon? It's bullshit that the wagon is falling apart when I've brought up so much stuff about him just because other people are sheeping me.

It's because your entire reasoning for voting me is a literal joke I made. I never said "Hey, lets make a deal everyone", I said "I'll laugh and accept my lynch if he's scum" because at that point, I had defended that guy to death. You're starting to get incredibly nitpicky, and you're resorting to random things like that to lynch me. It's getting ridiculous.

In post 1213, Elyse wrote:
And hypocrisy isn't scummy.

I just want everyone to read that sentence a few times. In what world is hypocrisy not scummy? If you were to vote me for voting for tree,
while voting for tree,
then you'd be pretty fucking hypocritical, and you'd be scum.

In post 1302, Mirhawk wrote:
@Aero
It would save a lot of time if you just claimed now
. I'm not going elsewhere until that softclaim nonsense has been resolved.

Um... are you rolefishing? I mean, I'm obviously very close to being lynched, but it would seem very easy for scum to ask for my role, then back off the vote as you said, kill another townie, and then kill me in the night.

Right now for me, Elyse is starting to make me uneasy. I'm pretty sure she had other points, but she keeps harping on the other one. It's weird. Mirhawk is acting really different than NY175, and the was sort of rolefishing. Don't like that. TSO is along for the wagon ride, weeeee! Tree came back and is being helpful again. Why, tree why? Why now? Why not yesterday? Whatever. If he's helping the town again, I'm not voting him.

Oka, on the other hand, is boggling me.

VOTE: OkaPoka

Once again, he comes in, says "Hey guys, I'll probably vote someone soon but I don't have an opinion on anything so yay!!!!" and we're all just supposed to ignore him. I played as an Serial Killer last game, and this is completely how I acted. He's giving opinions without giving opinions, but nobody really cares apparently. Great. I'm still scumhunting, are you? Or all you guys still saying "Lol Aero is scum because he's scum"
2023 W/L | 1-0
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:09 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 377, reinoe wrote:Finally home. Post 300 is complete shit but this part...
In post 300, tree wrote:On the other hand, it feels like reinoe is purposely trying to obfuscate his motivations and everything,

needs explaining. How am I obfuscating my motivations? What motivations am I obfuscating?

tree is scum. Why is he lobbing accusations at players without backing it up? It's not like I haven't been prodding him for an answer. What's the town motivation for accusing somebody like this and then not explaining it? But not only is he not explaining it, he's trying to lurk away and hope I forget about this shit. No sir, you don't get to accuse me of this and then run away from your accusation. More votes on tree.

gameplay, I still haven't forgotten about your request.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:13 am

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 1090, Mirhawk wrote:I don't think the odds of Tree flipping scum are all that great, he feels like lynchbait.

Though I suppose if we don't lynch him we're going to have to go through this song and dance again tomorrow.

Alright

Vote
Lynch: Tree

Another awful vote. Like both of Mir's votes on tree and Aero look like Mir is making a compromise on who to vote. Not liking this at all.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:14 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 1397, gameplay506 wrote:
In post 1090, Mirhawk wrote:I don't think the odds of Tree flipping scum are all that great, he feels like lynchbait.

Though I suppose if we don't lynch him we're going to have to go through this song and dance again tomorrow.

Alright

Vote
Lynch: Tree

Another awful vote. Like both of Mir's votes on tree and Aero look like Mir is making a compromise on who to vote. Not liking this at all.

All votes on tree are good votes.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:26 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Actually doing this:

VOTE: Mirhawk

Tso can be a little longer. His reaction didnt give me the feel of scum. Still keeping an eye there.

Pedit: um reinoe not this vote

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”