NY 176: Completely Ridiculous Mafia (Game Over)

Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:27 pm

Post by Izariael »

If you don't want to sign your posts, then you don't get the privilege of gawking for being held accountable for the actions of another head. Don't put the burden of being a hydra on other players to decipher. I didn't join this game as a hydra; you did. Take responsibility for it.
Depraved Justice
Depraved Justice
Goon
Depraved Justice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:10 pm

Post by Depraved Justice »

In post 1000, Izariael wrote:If you don't want to sign your posts, then you don't get the privilege of gawking for being held accountable for the actions of another head. Don't put the burden of being a hydra on other players to decipher. I didn't join this game as a hydra; you did. Take responsibility for it.

Why do you seem so upset here? I mean you put a case on me that revolved heavily upon (unknown to you) two heads doing two different things. I told you that this was wrong. So what? Your chance at mislynching me is gone and you are upset? If its really that big of deal I have no problem with signing my posts but I still don't think there's any reason to be upset here.

~ :igmeou:
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:24 pm

Post by Izariael »

In post 1001, Depraved Justice wrote:
In post 1000, Izariael wrote:If you don't want to sign your posts, then you don't get the privilege of gawking for being held accountable for the actions of another head. Don't put the burden of being a hydra on other players to decipher. I didn't join this game as a hydra; you did. Take responsibility for it.

Why do you seem so upset here? I mean you put a case on me that revolved heavily upon (unknown to you) two heads doing two different things. I told you that this was wrong. So what?
Your chance at mislynching me is gone and you are upset?
If its really that big of deal I have no problem with signing my posts but I still don't think there's any reason to be upset here.

I didn't/don't think you're a possible lynch for today, so this statement is silly.
I do, however, think you're scummy and would lynch you if I thought it were possible. Maybe on day 2, if I survive the night. Something to look forward to for both of us. It'll be fun.

And yes, my tone was snippy, because you tried to strawman pretty much everything I said by saying "oh but we're a hydra, so these actions that seem inconsistent are actually just us doing different things and it should have been obvious to you because we're a hydra." I'm sorry, but that shit doesn't fly for me. Don't make
me
the culprit because
you
are too lazy or don't care enough to sign your posts. If you want it to be obvious that there's two heads doing two different things, then make it obvious. Up until now, I didn't even think the other head was active. I thought it was just Nero. In fact, I still don't have a name to put to it, just a :igmeou: symbol, so this could still be Nero for all I know.
Depraved Justice
Depraved Justice
Goon
Depraved Justice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:30 pm

How am I making you the culprit here? You put a case on me that was flawed. So what, I was just supposed to sit there and let you mislynch me with a flawed case? WTF kind of logic is that?

but yes, this is Nero.

~:igmeou:
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:48 pm

Post by T S O »

I don't want to lynch Toomai. reinoe or MVP.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Depraved Justice
Depraved Justice
Goon
Depraved Justice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:52 pm

then who you want dead and why?
Depraved Justice
Depraved Justice
Goon
Depraved Justice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:53 pm

^^^^

Depraved Justice
Depraved Justice
Goon
Depraved Justice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:14 am

In post 999, Izariael wrote:
In post 993, Depraved Justice wrote:
In post 987, Izariael wrote:#1)

lo siento? I can't fathom how you, AP or Cep would think 38 was defensive. I think its pretty obvious that I'm fucking around here. Like why the fuck would I, as scum, be pissed off or w/e that AP was voting my main and not my hydra?

Congratulations, you focused on the one sentence of those two posts that I didn't have a problem with. :facepalm:

So now I'm supposed to read your mind? I felt Cabd was being needlessly snarky. My opinion. AP's post with all the smiles was a Mastin joke. I do not want him to post like Mastin. Though I felt it should have been obvious that it was rolling with the joke when I said "atleast you'll post more than her"

In post 987, Izariael wrote:#2)

It was p2. Obviously a RVS from my other head. I think its really silly to find early RVS votes with no reason scummy. Did you ever call out Toon for his vote with no reason?

I don't think your votes were the same, therefore I didn't evaluate them with the same conclusion. Toomai's vote seemed RVS because he was playing off of Cabd's words. I found it to be amusing wordplay, nothing more, and it wasn't a vote that concerned me. Your vote, however, pushed a wagon without given reason for why you were joining. If you're pushing a wagon, I want to know a reason for why you're pushing. Is it just pressure to try and get some information? Is it intent to lynch? That's pertinent. That's not RVS in my opinion.

How many games have you played here? You should really look at RVS wagons, dude. I guess I'm bias here since I know we have a town pm.

In post 987, Izariael wrote:#3)

:igmeou:
In post 519, Depraved Justice wrote:and I think scum are piggybacking on your awful argument

but again he was obviously RVSing on p2. Like srs, the idea that he should have a reason to suspect Cabd on p2 is fucking ludicrous.

The sentiment of #3 wasn't that he should have had a reason for the vote on page 2 (because that was point #2). The point was that there's a transition in your attitude toward Cabd that went from "Hey I'm jumping on this wagon! Giddy up!" to "ya I think you're town, not gonna be voting for you" with nothing in-between that would show why your opinion on Cabd was changing.

:facepalm:

In post 987, Izariael wrote:#4)

Our hydra is scummy for town reading your biggest scum reads?!? I pray to Allah you are scum 'cause if you are town and think this is a viable scumtell then I don't know what to think.

You don't think there's any possible scum motivation for subtly townreading fellow scum? When you don't give reasons for your reads it makes it a hard pill to swallow.

*throws hands up* WTF is this shit? "you need to admit there's scum motivation in this." "scum motivation in that." There's scum motivation in pretty much everything since this game is basically WIFOM guesswork with luck thrown in. If you can imagine it, scum have done it before. Though other than the fact that you think I'm scum what it makes it more likely that I'm a scumbuddy then town misreading them? And that this is ignoring the fact that this is unflipped associative which is pretty cray cray to be pushing.

In post 987, Izariael wrote:#6)

"Its a good practice but its scummy that did it right after voting him."

:eek:

This makes no sense whatsoever.

All of MVP is experienced enough to know what to do at l-1. I guess I can't really explain it well but I think that Mir immediately threatening to hammer (implied) with 4 days to dl when MVP isn't his #1 suspect just seems odd to me.

You're welcome to not see sense in that conclusion, but I do. You voted MVP, then turned on someone saying the equivalent of "intent to hammer" and act as though their vote is completely unexpected, unfounded and/or unjustified, but your vote pushing it to L-1 certainly shouldn't be questioned? Really? Mirhawk has already said he'd be willing to vote MVP, so stating intent to hammer when MVP's at L-1 isn't alignment-indicative.

It was way more aggressive then needed to be. I also sorta felt like he was giving up. It was really really quick, like hey was ready to get this over and done with. idk.

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:18 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1004, T S O wrote:I don't want to lynch Toomai.

reinoe or MVP.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:59 am

Post by Izariael »

I'm not seeing much productivity coming out of this conversation, so this will be my last post on the topic. My goal here hasn't been to push for your mislynch, it was to explain why I've found you to be scummy. It was a reply to this:
In post 980, Depraved Justice wrote:Also, Iz, you are scum reading my slot for the same reason that everyone else is right?

The answer to that question was no. I could have just said "no," but I've instead posted my thoughts so you could see why I disagreed with your statement. So why did you take my reply to the nth extreme:
In post 1001, Depraved Justice wrote:Your chance at mislynching me is gone and you are upset?

Also, you've countered my reads by saying that you're a hydra doing different things in different directions for different reasons, or whatever other hydra discord you want to include. Fine, I get it, I'm not saying it's impossible. It's something that I will consider when evaluating your previous actions and from here on. However, I don't agree with your vote on MVP and I still think you are among the most likely to be scum.

You know what would be a big help for me? :idea: If you could go through your ISO and point out what posts were head A and what posts were head B. That'd be great please and thank you.

In post 1007, Depraved Justice wrote:How many games have you played here? You should really look at RVS wagons, dude. I guess I'm bias here since I know we have a town pm.

I wasn't aware that my level of experience at mafiascum would dictate how I have to evaluate your vote. I'll make a mental note of that for future games. [/sarcasm]

In post 999, Izariael wrote:
In post 993, Depraved Justice wrote:
In post 987, Izariael wrote:#4)

Our hydra is scummy for town reading your biggest scum reads?!?
I pray to Allah you are scum 'cause if you are town and think this is a viable scumtell then I don't know what to think.

You don't think there's any possible scum motivation for subtly townreading fellow scum? When you don't give reasons for your reads it makes it a hard pill to swallow.

*throws hands up* WTF is this shit? "you need to admit there's scum motivation in this." "scum motivation in that."
There's scum motivation in pretty much everything since this game is basically WIFOM guesswork with luck thrown in. If you can imagine it, scum have done it before.
Though other than the fact that you think I'm scum what it makes it more likely that I'm a scumbuddy then town misreading them?
And that this is ignoring the fact that this is unflipped associative which is pretty cray cray to be pushing.

So you admit it could be scummy, but imply that I'm dumb town for thinking it could be scummy? I apologize for sometimes taking the road less traveled.
As for the associative, I admit it's very weak when doing unflipped guesswork, but I wasn't really planning on pushing for your lynch until Cabd or reinoe flipped. You asked me a question and I answered it.
:up:
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:25 am

Post by Izariael »

For the record, I don't care at all for reinoe's posts /. It's Day One. Statistically, it's very likely that townies' scumreads are wrong. Having someone else's scumread on your wagon is not indicative of your alignment. These posts looked like he was fishing for easy towncred by pointing out that other peoples' scumreads are on his wagon.

Furthermore, even if the names pointed out
are
scum, it's still possible that scum would vote one another when the threat of lynch is low to try to distance themselves, but that's something that has to be considered after flip.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:26 am

Post by MVP »

I see none of my partners hasn't made a single post for three days and I see myself on L-1 plus an intent to hammer.
Ah well. I was stuck in this game at the bad time otherwise I should've done this better.

Town even-night gunsmith. I hope you all have a fantastic time sobbing over how notsci-easymeta is taken away from you all.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:34 am

Post by MVP »

Notsci not obvtown in at the beginning of d1 was intentional because our third head really wanted to use power and we didn't wanted to die early being too awesome, but that one "notsci not posting enough is scum" bs meta started snowballing and despite our third head attempting to recover, it was no use. In the end, we all stopped caring about this game.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:39 am

Post by MVP »

^
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:10 am

Post by Toomai »

I believe this claim for mod meta reasons. goodmorning was the backup mod to my NY175, which involved two Even-Night and two Odd-Night roles paired up to mess with each other. Since this game went into the mod queue ten days after NY175 began, potential is strong for gm to have taken a few ideas from my setup.
This should be required reading for...everyone for anything, really.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:24 am

Post by goodmorning »

Fun fact: something about birds and shit, i don't know

Votecount 1.33
MVP [L-1] - TheWayItEnds, Cabd, Cephrir, AngryPidgeon, Aegor, reinoe, Depraved Justice

reinoe [L-4] - Bicephalous Bob, Toomai, T S O, Izariael

Toomai [L-6] - Mirhawk, Aeronaut

T S O [L-7] - Ki-Gi

Mirhawk [L-7] - MVP

Not Voting [0] -

With 15 alive, it takes
to lynch. The day will end in (expired on 2014-08-30 21:00:00)

Some of MVP is V/LA a bit.
TheWayItEnds is V/LA til Saturday.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:43 am

Post by MVP »

Also if we get to be alive until D3, we're scanning Cabd N2.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:50 am

Post by T S O »

I cannot explain why or I will be force-replaced but I hate this claim.
-Marquis
Depraved Justice
Depraved Justice
Goon
Depraved Justice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:35 am

I hate this claim as well. i was expecting a roleblocker claim. Vonta Leach is not a common favorite football player as he is not even on a team right now I believe His specialty was blocking so I inferred that MVP was softclaiming roleblocker.

~ :cool:
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:38 am

Post by MVP »

Does that imply we could choose our roles at the beginning?
Yeah I think that's what implies. :P

(We had no intention to crumb/softclaim about our role in this game ever.)
Depraved Justice
Depraved Justice
Goon
Depraved Justice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:44 am

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Reinoe

I think I got Titus's terrible crumb bug. The claim is good but for the misunderstanding. I will need to talk with Nero but pretty sure he is fine with this.
Depraved Justice
Depraved Justice
Goon
Depraved Justice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:47 am

Sunglasses is not Nero. I forget to sign a lot.
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:54 am

Post by Izariael »

In post 1021, Depraved Justice wrote:Sunglasses is not Nero. I forget to sign a lot.

:igmeou: = A
:cool: = B

I don't care about names, so this I can follow. Thumbs :up:
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:09 am

Post by Cephrir »

DJ, your defense to the points I like seems to be more than hydra dis-- it looks to me like "my hydra partner and I have no communication whatsoever to the point where they move my votes without consulting me".

Seeing as the whole point of a hydra is to have someone to bounce scumreads off who you know is town, and having seen my own communication levels in town and scum hydras, I am not a fan. It's worth noting that I didn't even think both of your heads were posting, so obviously, I cannot tell you apart. You could easily be making up a second head entirely to explain away scummy behavior from my perspective (but I doubt this is the case).

Your move back to MVP as though you never rethought it at all doesn't smell right to me.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:15 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1002, Izariael wrote:
I didn't/don't think you're a possible lynch for today, so this statement is silly.

In post 1003, Depraved Justice wrote:So what, I was just supposed to sit there and let you mislynch me with a flawed case?

In post 1014, Toomai wrote:I believe this claim for mod meta reasons. goodmorning was the backup mod to my NY175, which involved two Even-Night and two Odd-Night roles paired up to mess with each other. Since this game went into the mod queue ten days after NY175 began, potential is strong for gm to have taken a few ideas from my setup.

That's not mod meta, though. That's someone else's mod meta. At any rate, I have no particular feelings one way or the other on the claim.

In post 1020, Depraved Justice wrote:UNVOTE:

VOTE: Reinoe

I think I got Titus's terrible crumb bug. The claim is good but for the misunderstanding. I will need to talk with Nero but pretty sure he is fine with this.

What's good about it?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”