Ansuz
Ansuz
Goon
Ansuz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:16 pm

Post by Ansuz »

In post 1062, Mantisdreamz wrote:i do really think ansuz will flip as scum. if that's desp and nacho... come on. they are normally obv town. and i'm not trying to make excuses... just i haven't seen a hint of towny-ness from them

and you've been willfully ignoring it
The Pirate God of Mafiascum.
Ansuz
Ansuz
Goon
Ansuz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:25 pm

Post by Ansuz »

In post 1065, geraintm wrote:I am fairly sure at this point at least one of Ansuz and ozzy is scum. With me stating ages ago that I would shoot the other who wasn't lynched, if scum weren't either of those two then scum would have found a way by now to get one of them lynched and the other shot by me.

As this hasn't happened, it can only lead me to believe that it is because at least one is scum.

if we're both town and scum lynch another townie, they can still pretty reasonably believe you'll shoot within us.
thus there's literally no reason to push a mislynch on either of us for any reason.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:53 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 1076, Ansuz wrote:
In post 1065, geraintm wrote:I am fairly sure at this point at least one of Ansuz and ozzy is scum. With me stating ages ago that I would shoot the other who wasn't lynched, if scum weren't either of those two then scum would have found a way by now to get one of them lynched and the other shot by me.

As this hasn't happened, it can only lead me to believe that it is because at least one is scum.

if we're both town and scum lynch another townie, they can still pretty reasonably believe you'll shoot within us.
thus there's literally no reason to push a mislynch on either of us for any reason.

Just don't buy that. I buy my scenario as much more likely. If both you and ozzy are town then scum could get both of you killed today, kill a third townie overnight and have me set up as an obvious lynch target tomorrow. That just seems such an easy play to me, so easy....
Ansuz
Ansuz
Goon
Ansuz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:40 pm

Post by Ansuz »

In post 1077, geraintm wrote:If both you and ozzy are town then scum could get both of you killed today, kill a third townie overnight and have me set up as an obvious lynch target tomorrow. That just seems such an easy play to me, so easy....

Or they could get a different townie + one of ozzy/me killed today, kill a third townie overnight and have you set up as an obvious lynch target tomorrow.
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:25 am

Post by LynxKuroneko »

I exist to be pushed. Push! PUSH! If anyone needs me to hammer, I'm always happy to play executioner. (Intentional joke. I'm not always willing).
When locked in a fortress in your own mind, be careful what door you open.
Ansuz
Ansuz
Goon
Ansuz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:34 am

Post by Ansuz »

What are your reads?
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:27 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1049, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 1044, Josh_B wrote:
In post 1040, Burning_Earth wrote:

Yes and it shall be bullshit because of my role PM

You're role pm? seriously? You don't have to like to kick it. -or mock me.

i do not understand, either.

like to kick it?
mock you?

:?:

*lie oops. I thought BE was mocking me because of what I said earlier.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:34 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1046, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 1028, Josh_B wrote:I feel like I should ask this, particularly to kthx and mantisdreamz. What were your cases for Highshroomish as scum?

After post 135 people calling HS scum just kind of seemed to take off. He didn't explain himself very well, he didn't even try. I come in, and I see that yea lynx is probably scum, but I'm trying to explain it more. I guess, I'm not doing a very good job of it.
I'm going to vote BE too. He was my first scum read in the game. But not until I get this issue resolved with Konowa.

i had no case for HS as scum! there wasn't enough said on his part.

why was BE your first scum read?

He was doing a lot of coaching (asking others for their opinions without really giving his). When I was reading, I felt like I knew where most others players stood in the game except for him.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:36 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1048, Mantisdreamz wrote:oh.. HS vote was a pressure vote. @ josh

seems like it to me.
Ansuz
Ansuz
Goon
Ansuz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:38 am

Post by Ansuz »

In post 1082, Josh_B wrote:
In post 1028, Josh_B wrote:I feel like I should ask this, particularly to kthx and mantisdreamz. What were your cases for Highshroomish as scum?

After post 135 people calling HS scum just kind of seemed to take off. He didn't explain himself very well, he didn't even try. I come in, and I see that yea lynx is probably scum, but I'm trying to explain it more. I guess, I'm not doing a very good job of it.
I'm going to vote BE too. He was my first scum read in the game. But not until I get this issue resolved with Konowa.

He was doing a lot of coaching (asking others for their opinions without really giving his). When I was reading, I felt like I knew where most others players stood in the game except for him.

(then vote him)
Ansuz
Ansuz
Goon
Ansuz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:38 am

Post by Ansuz »

In post 1084, Ansuz wrote:
In post 1082, Josh_B wrote:

(then vote him)

(i don't know why this process is so difficult)
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:42 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1070, Ansuz wrote:
In post 1028, Josh_B wrote:I'm going to vote BE too. He was my first scum read in the game. But not until I get this issue resolved with Konowa.

what the fuck does konowa have to do with burning earth?
when you're voting lynx?

This was a reply to 1014 Sorry I didn't post it directly.

p edit
VOTE: Burning Earth

I still want to talk to Konowa.
TunnelMates
TunnelMates
Goon
TunnelMates
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:20 am

Post by TunnelMates »

VOTE: Ansuz
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:26 am

Post by Konowa »

Konowa is going to be busy over the weekend due to Labor Day festivities. Konowa will try and sneak in some posting later tonight.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Ansuz
Ansuz
Goon
Ansuz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:17 am

Post by Ansuz »

In post 1086, Josh_B wrote:
In post 1070, Ansuz wrote:
In post 1028, Josh_B wrote:I'm going to vote BE too. He was my first scum read in the game. But not until I get this issue resolved with Konowa.

what the fuck does konowa have to do with burning earth?
when you're voting lynx?

This was a reply to 1014 Sorry I didn't post it directly.

p edit
VOTE: Burning Earth

I still want to talk to Konowa.

I still don't understand where the BE & Konowa connection comes from.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:09 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1004, Burning_Earth wrote:"@Burning_Earth - could you explain your thoughts about the bolded line above also?"- Ok. I expressed opposition to the LK wagon because LK is going to flip town in my opinion. Bam.

RE 979: I can accuse someone of doing something scummy without voting them. I can also accuse someone of doing something stupid without accusing them of being scummy.

Do you think there is validity in saying that it's your only town read - and it's a bit strange to have that as your only one?

Re: 979: P'shaw - don't spit on my head and try to tell me it's raining. You're basically even agreeing with me here, you're like 'I was just pointing it out, y'know, no motivation besides to call you
stupid
huuuuuur' I mean, that's just bad and weak in equal measure regardless. Your defense is that you wanted to be rude to me. :neutral: What the heck?

In post 1009, geraintm wrote:@ Thor

I went through in 713 why I was voting for ozzy.
I see no reason not to still be voting for him.
I have Ansuz as also scummy.

Looked it up.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p6136149
Pretty 'meh' towards that case - town also vote town last I checked.
Why did you pick to vote him over Shroom?

In post 1040, Burning_Earth wrote:Yes and it shall be bullSmurf because of my role PM

In most instances people are lynched for their play rather than their PM - and people are right or wrong based on their read of play, not of role PM.

@Tunnel - I have no idea where you're coming from or what your goals are in this game. Is that intentional? Let me know, I could always...(wait for it)...tunnel you.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Gera - actually, looking at what you just said, and your votes. Please explain how Shroom is, at best, your third scumspect considering your case on Ozzy.
That appears to totally lack logic.
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:14 am

Post by LynxKuroneko »

@ Ansuz - Who's reads? Mine?
When locked in a fortress in your own mind, be careful what door you open.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:37 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1091, Thor665 wrote:@Gera - actually, looking at what you just said, and your votes. Please explain how Shroom is, at best, your third scumspect considering your case on Ozzy.

I have Ansuz and ozzy as my top two scum, by definition highshroom can at best be third
And he was absent for so much of the game it was hard to get a read on him, he simply didn't post enough to rise to the top of any scum lists of mine. The advantages of lurking
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1093, geraintm wrote:
In post 1091, Thor665 wrote:@Gera - actually, looking at what you just said, and your votes. Please explain how Shroom is, at best, your third scumspect considering your case on Ozzy.

I have Ansuz and ozzy as my top two scum, by definition highshroom can at best be third
And he was absent for so much of the game it was hard to get a read on him, he simply didn't post enough to rise to the top of any scum lists of mine. The advantages of lurking

1. Yes...I...understand that he can be, at best, third. That's why I *said* that already and why my question wasn't for his numbered ranking but for the REASONING THAT PUT HIM AT THAT SPECIFIC POINT.

The closest you're getting to an answer here is "he's lurky so is less of a scum read"
:neutral:
Is that really the extent of the reason?
And you're the guy claiming a kill power?

You also didn't answer why, at the time you voted Ozzy, you chose to vote him and not Shroom - I'd still like that answered also.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:00 am

Post by geraintm »

I voted for ozzy because of his voting patterns, fishing and things like that.
I couldn't make a case against highshroom because he hadn't done the things ozzy had.

Does that explain why ozzy was voted and not highshroom?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:37 am

Post by Thor665 »

Not really, because it read to me that a lot of the issue you had with Ozzy was in relation to the supposed alignment of Shroom. If I take that aspect away your case really looks like it can be summed up as 'he has voted people we now know are town, even though multiple town doubtless voted those people' and I don't get how that makes him your #1 and, considering the Shroom hate in that case, I don't get why you didn't vote Shroom (and am now surprised that you have such a solid issue with Shroom based on something that apparently can't even be put into words).
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:38 am

Post by Thor665 »

Also, and this just occured to me, even if you can't put into words why Shroom is such a scum read for you - why does that preclude Shroom from your attentions as a Vig wherein you're only listing Ansuz and Ozzy?
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by Konowa »

In reference to Mantisdreamz question in post #1052 just off top of head, Osseus pseudotripodis is town and Ansuz is null leaning scum.

What are the reasons for these two being scum? Konowa will have to go back and look as to why Konowa thought Ansuz was scum at the beginning of the Day.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
TunnelMates
TunnelMates
Goon
TunnelMates
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by TunnelMates »

In post 1090, Thor665 wrote:@Tunnel - I have no idea where you're coming from or what your goals are in this game. Is that intentional? Let me know, I could always...(wait for it)...tunnel you.

We're in a prolonged IRL lull/slump that has nothing to do with mafia in general. You can tunnel, but to tell the truth all of our inactivity is null in the grand scheme of things. Easy to lynch, yes. Up to you. If you're hard-headed and stubborn enough to try and get us lynched, you can probably get it done. All comes down to your agenda.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”