Micro 381 - 999 Mafia (Nonary Game Complete)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:35 pm

Post by Parama »

Comment: I don't know exactly what pertinent means and am going to google it now
Okay it means exactly what I thought it means nvm

I'm still in stupid-post mood from the last 30 mins. or so of the QT I guess
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:35 pm

Post by Akane Kurashiki »

Okay, isoing done, thought I might have something but I don't. Sigh.

Bins, can you go over your reasoning for voting yonce? I know he's dead and flipped and everything, just humor me for a moment.

Reck, what exactly happened in your QT?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:37 pm

Post by Parama »

In post 626, Akane Kurashiki wrote:Okay, isoing done, thought I might have something but I don't. Sigh.

the thing you mentioned in the QT, you mean?
[crypticness intensifies]
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:41 pm

Something like that. :P Point is I didn't get what I was hoping to get out of it so I have nothing to share with the class right now.
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:54 pm

Anyway, kind of stupid to do VCA on the first day but I'm reasonably sure everyone from our door is town, which would indeed leave Quilford as a prime suspect. And as I said in the QT, I'm really not comfortable with Quilford's activity level, or Jackel's. They've both been the type to come in here, make a few okay-seeming posts, and then completely vanish/do nothing of note for days at a time. Seems too easy for two people of similar playstyle to be scum together but I'd be okay with putting pressure on either one right now.

VOTE: Quilford

Gut still tells me I should be voting Reck but I'm surprisingly more comfortable leaving him alive for now since no one died last night and he allegedly still has his ability. /shrug

And on that note I guess we have a better idea now of why special rule 9 exists...
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:59 pm

Post by Parama »

If we lynch every day (reasonable) then it shouldn't come in to effect; I see no reason to not lynch every day anyways, unless it turns out scum do have a kill and just haven't used it yet; but if they do then that will just accelerate the pace further.
basically the deadline should theoretically be irrelevant
Waiting for everyone to at least show up and then prob gonna sheep Akane for now unless something comes up.
though tbh of those two I think Jackel is the better place to pressure.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 626, Akane Kurashiki wrote:Reck, what exactly happened in your QT?

Me: lamenting about using QTs over PTs
Me: "so who should I confirm myself to guys"
Quil: "hey"
Quil: lamenting about not being able to read people this game
NM: also comments about using QTs over PTs, asks if we have anything we need to talk about

~fin~
green shirt thursdays
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:00 pm

also, I hate playing outguess the mod/setup but I'm wondering if one mafia has a roleblock and one has a kill or something. In which case we should be looking at Grib/Jackel anyway (Grib less so since he volunteered to not go into a room).

I kind of doubt it because it seems pretty simple to break the game that way, but idk, worth thinking about?

PEDIT: Okay.

VOTE: Jackel
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by Parama »

Actually, yeah, never mind, screw it
VOTE: Jackel98

I want to see you do something. I want to see you have thoughts on this game. If you went the entire game night without doing ANYTHING I'm gonna be super pissed. You didn't even have a QT to worry about.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:02 pm

Post by Parama »

Grib's not the place to go today, I think.
Also yes I am too lazy to P-Edit, piss off

*artificially inflates post count*
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:02 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I think we put off any setup speculation/role speculation and do straight up scumhunting. With how little we know about the setup, we are taking stabs in the dark trying to figure out if I was blocked in-room or out-of-room.
green shirt thursdays
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:04 pm

Post by Parama »

yeah, the problem is that either way there's likely scum in your room :P
more on the basis of how dead your QT was/my reads on the players therein
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:06 pm

Luckily I think we got enough use out of our QT to maybe make up for a lack of activity in the other one. Nice to have a more solidified read on Bins (who actually posted content; I will leave it to her to paraphrase her stuff if she wants to)
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:22 pm

Also I know I'm getting way ahead of where we need to be thinking right now, but I think we send Reck through with none of the same people tonight. Like some number of {Reck, Parama, Bins, maybe Grib, maybe Akane} although I understand if Reck still doesn't want to go into a room with me. {Reck, Parama, Bins} is probably the safest bet then but I'm not sure what the other door should be, or even if we should
have
another door.

This gives Reck!town a way to confirm himself if scum can't do actions through walls, or shows us that it's likely they can use abilities through walls if he's still blocked. Or he's lying scum and it doesn't matter.

It's like playing Mastermind, eventually we have to get the combination right. (Hopefully.)
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:29 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 623, Parama wrote:@NM:
1. In 369 you said the case on Akane had good points but didn't elaborate, which points did you agree with at the time, and do you still agree with them at this point in time?
2. In 574, you said there were 2-3 people you'd call town if Reck was scum. Name them. Next post. No exceptions.

These points, if I didn't criticise them when I was responding to Grib, that was me implicitly agreeing or at least finding them valid

Spoiler:
In post 366, Grib wrote:

: Dismisses 34’s above posts because AtE. I only find it scummy because she dismissed all three posts that way. She could have at least addressed the parts of the posts that weren’t AtE.

: Not gonna lie, this is my favorite part. Akane asks Bins why she still has her vote parked on NM, and asks for her reads. Bins replies with “no reason” (and doesn’t unvote, even though she just stated her vote is dead and useless) and that she’ll “address her reads tomorrow” (she in fact does the opposite of that, by unvoting AND saying she has nothing right after Quil posted a case against Reckoner).

Akane of course addresses this steaming pile of bullshit in her next pos--oh. Wait. She doesn’t readdress this. Ever. In fact, I think this is actually the last time Akane has ever spoken directly to Bins.

Of course everyone is guilty of letting Bins cruise, except Parama, I guess. It’s just more damning for Akane because she’s the one who asked and didn’t follow up.

And Quilford, Akane and Jackel are I don't see as scum with Reck, Quil and Akane are obvious I imagine, Jackel is because her hop on the wagon doesn't look like newb-scum wanting to be on their partners wagon to me, this is the weaker of the 3.

In post 623, Parama wrote:Also. I will restate this here for emphasis:
The arguments against Flames/yonce were all ENTIRELY VALID. The slot just sucked that hard. Literally the only thing we gained from that lynch is Vote Count Analysis that won't be relevant yet and one less worthless slot.

Why did you feel the need to say this, no one criticised the lynch

I really don't want to play the WIFOM game with Reck's claim and his claim to be Roleblocked and being notified his shot is intact reeks of bullshit to me, but I don't find myself wanting to vote him like I thought I would if this situation arose. But as long as Reck isn't confirmed I feel one of Reck and Quilford (and only one) is scum, so I'm currently working with Reck + [Bins, Parama] or Quil + [Akane, Jackel, Parama]
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:48 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

And yeah we did fuck all in our QT, which was all our faults, it was yesterday morning before I remembered the QT even existed. I'm not sure what we would have even talked about though to be honest, and if I would have trusted the room enough to really be able make use of it. So tonight if I don't sit it out I want to be with either my townreads and/or people who I need to see more from. I also think it's important Grib and/or Jackel are in a room if they aren't lynched.

Something like [NM, Bins, Jackel]

One thing I'm concerned about is scum having a factional roleblock, I don't mind Reck picking a group and then letting us sort out the other one amongst ourselves, at least for now.

So something I noticed when checking our QT back, the one thing Quilford said was he doesn't know how to read anyone anymore, implying Reck is/was confirmed town already. I'm not sure if I'm ready to call it a slip per se but looking at it now I don't like how it was phrased

VOTE: Quilford
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:57 pm

Post by Grib »

Bins, why would you post content without me? I'm hurt.

Reck being roleblocked is pissing me off but I'm also not all that surprised. It's entirely possible scum can RB through rooms but?? Why did they RB but not kill?? Unable to for some reason? The reason definitely isn't a second, town!RB. So.

I feel like I should be happier since no one died, but. I'm just really annoyed. Reck is town.

Also I'm requesting I be left outside again, if that's alright and dandy.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:01 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Is there an actual reason you shouldn't be in a room or are you just being polite? If it's the latter then I'll be voting for you to be in a room, if it's the former I'll take your word for it.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:10 pm

Post by Grib »

The former.

Is there any chance I can be outside by myself? That way I can share some maybe useful info about my role, and if scum kill me it at least proves the NK can pierce rooms.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:23 pm

Post by Grib »

I'm also going to mention I'm still very suspicious of Bins. Posting more content in a PT than in the game thread? Fuck that.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:52 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 623, Parama wrote:@Quil:
1. What basis do you have to believe Reck/Akane are scum together? (Re 525)
2. Why were you so passive on the yonce wagon? You claimed to not be able to make a case (548) when there was certainly enough to make some argument for his lynch.

1. Uh... I talked about the basis in #525 itself.
2. I did make a case. In #548 I said it wasn't possible to make a "particularly in depth case". My case was that in 22 pages there had been no scumhunting from either Flames or yonce. The sustained crappiness of that slot made me think it was scum. But it turns out that neither Flames nor yonce were willing to actually play the game?

Bad questions.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:53 pm

Post by Bins »

In post 626, Akane Kurashiki wrote:Bins, can you go over your reasoning for voting yonce? I know he's dead and flipped and everything, just humor me for a moment.

Pressure, mainly because he wasn't doing anything. The two reads I had little info about were Jackel and yonce.

I also didn't think he was going to get hammered before he came back.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:53 pm

Post by Quilford »

Parama, please explain why you said I "claimed to not be able to make a case" in #548? That's really not what I said at all.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:54 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 640, Not_Mafia wrote:So something I noticed when checking our QT back, the one thing Quilford said was he doesn't know how to read anyone anymore, implying Reck is/was confirmed town already.

No, just that yonce flipped town and I was having doubts on whether Reck was actually scum at the time.

What do you mean by "something I noticed when checking our QT back"?
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:54 pm

Post by Bins »

In post 644, Grib wrote:I'm also going to mention I'm still very suspicious of Bins. Posting more content in a PT than in the game thread? Fuck that.

If this makes any sense, I agreed with N_M that we shouldn't be spilling our reads that much. I trust Parama and Akane a lot more than other people in this game, now. I can't excuse my lack of scumhunting though and I have things to paraphrase and post in the morning.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”