Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1169, geraintm wrote:Why on earth are you picking a fight about posting restrictions?

I have explained my reasoning twice already - what part of my reasoning confuses you? Let me know that and I'll explain further - otherwise my answer is 'go read my explanations already made'.

In post 1171, Mantisdreamz wrote:so tiwaz reversed had the posting restriction in that game. tiwaz reversed representing trouble in communicating, for one

the wunjo role in that game was wunjo reversed representing rage and frenzy.. and the role for it was 2 shot vig

Link to the game?
Also - what are you arguing here? You appear to be saying stuff without offering conclusions.

In post 1173, geraintm wrote:I have one shot today. My top two scum are Ansuz and ozzy, I would like one lynched and I would shoot the other. My third top suspect makes no difference, I am never going to shoot them.

Shroom, by your own admission, is just a lesser read because he hasn't been around and would be hard to describe a case on.
Wouldn't that make him an optimal lynch?
At the very least, if we lynched Ozzy and Ozzy flipped scum wouldn't Shroom be the only logical shot in your opinion?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1175, Thor665 wrote:Wouldn't that make him an optimal lynch?

Optimal *shot*.
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:23 am

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1161, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1159, Mantisdreamz wrote:he even put a clue in thread about being loved again by the gods after making his slip. i dunno, i believe his restiction.. what purpose would he have as scum to fake a posting restriction? it's not like people are going to think, oh since he has a restriction, he must be town.

I have some theories.
Also, just as a hint - yes, people have been townreading him for the posting restriction.
Anyone who can describe another reason why I should think he is town are certainly welcome to expound upon it at any time.

i have to double check.. but i really don't think people have been reading him as town simply for his post restriction. i know others have said "konowa is town" but i do not recall any mentions of it being due to his post restriction.

i don't like that you are so focused on this
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:25 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1175, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1169, geraintm wrote:Why on earth are you picking a fight about posting restrictions?

I have explained my reasoning twice already - what part of my reasoning confuses you? Let me know that and I'll explain further - otherwise my answer is 'go read my explanations already made'.

In post 1171, Mantisdreamz wrote:so tiwaz reversed had the posting restriction in that game. tiwaz reversed representing trouble in communicating, for one

the wunjo role in that game was wunjo reversed representing rage and frenzy.. and the role for it was 2 shot vig

Link to the game?
Also - what are you arguing here? You appear to be saying stuff without offering conclusions.

In post 1173, geraintm wrote:I have one shot today. My top two scum are Ansuz and ozzy, I would like one lynched and I would shoot the other. My third top suspect makes no difference, I am never going to shoot them.

Shroom, by your own admission, is just a lesser read because he hasn't been around and would be hard to describe a case on.
Wouldn't that make him an optimal lynch?
At the very least, if we lynched Ozzy and Ozzy flipped scum wouldn't Shroom be the only logical shot in your opinion?

No, if we lynched ozzy and he turned up scum, then I would shoot Ansuz as he is the person I think is the person second most likely to be scum. Why on earth would I shoot anyone else besides my second choice?
I am just not understanding your thinking. At all
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:26 am

Post by Mantisdreamz »

Link to the game?

i don't have conclusions, Thor. i said i was interested in looking up what she had wunjo as in the other game. the most i can offer as a conclusion, was that she indeed did have a role in that game with a posting restriction. so it's not like it's not something she is not prone to do.

http://talkrational.org/showthread.php?t=61315

^last day of the game
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:38 am

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1161, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1159, Mantisdreamz wrote:he even put a clue in thread about being loved again by the gods after making his slip. i dunno, i believe his restiction.. what purpose would he have as scum to fake a posting restriction? it's not like people are going to think, oh since he has a restriction, he must be town.

I have some theories.
Also, just as a hint - yes, people have been townreading him for the posting restriction.
Anyone who can describe another reason why I should think he is town are certainly welcome to expound upon it at any time.

i doubt there's going to be a mass stepping up on others parts to write a story on why they think konowa is town for your sake.

if you are scum, you would probably use that fact to your advantage
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:41 am

Post by Mantisdreamz »

i mean, you have him as scum.. because you don't believe his post restriction. any other reason?
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:52 am

Post by Mantisdreamz »

you called it skeevy. a couple of times. and you said you didn't understand how it could fit into the game with his claim.

why are you focused on this little tidbit so much and blowing it out of proportion?

who do you have as town thor?
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1178, geraintm wrote:
No, if we lynched ozzy and he turned up scum, then I would shoot Ansuz as he is the person I think is the person second most likely to be scum. Why on earth would I shoot anyone else besides my second choice?

What if we lynch Burning earth and he turns up scum. Who will you shoot then?
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:25 pm

Post by Josh_B »

I have no problem with a posting restriction, when it's real. But I know a lot of games where the restriction is faked. SleepyKrew in Greater Idea comes to mind.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1177, Mantisdreamz wrote:i don't like that you are so focused on this

I don't like that you're so dismissive of it - as long as we're stating empty opinions.
It's not like I'm focused on it to the *exclusion* of other things - so your complaint is pretty empty here.

In post 1178, geraintm wrote:No, if we lynched ozzy and he turned up scum, then I would shoot Ansuz as he is the person I think is the person second most likely to be scum. Why on earth would I shoot anyone else besides my second choice?

Correct me if I'm wrong - a big part of your Ozzy=scum case was directly connected to his interactions with Shroom.
Why wouldn't you want to shoot Shroom if Ozzy was indeed shown to be scum? Isn't that half the point of the Ozzy=scum situation as you have presented it? Is Ansuz somehow connected to Ozzy as a scum buddy and I missed it?

In post 1181, Mantisdreamz wrote:i mean, you have him as scum.. because you don't believe his post restriction. any other reason?

No.
Well, you can add in his "slip" right after the claim preventing us from testing it and also his earlier post where he claimed he wasn't allowed to post without his restriction and his claim today wherein he clearly indicates he can, albeit with a penalty - but all of that is connected to the core issue of 'I think he's lying bout the posting restriction'.

In post 1182, Mantisdreamz wrote:who do you have as town thor?

The obvious ones, D3x and Kthx - I've said as much before.
You're complaining that I'm "pressing" people as I try to develop other reads - so you're at least aware I'm attempting to get other reads...so I'm not sure where this whine is coming from nor going to.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:06 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

In post 1155, Osseus pseudotripodis wrote:Kthx, d3x, a summary of what I need to know is nice.

I believe Konowa is town. His post restriction, his wanting me to hide behind him, his posting (thoughts), all read town to me. There are a few things here and there that give me pause, but he's not today's lynch regardless. I may end up hiding behind him yet...I dunno.

I'm town reading Thor even though I think he's off base with Konowa. Add in the claim, and I'm leaving him alone for a bit.

d3x is conf town.

geraintm is town till there's no vig shot tonight. (geraintm, pls shoot the shit out of Josh or Ansuz as they are worthless and I'm not hiding behind them tonight)

Mantis, you, TM, Josh, Ansuz...all null leaning scum at times, town at others.

BE...leaning town, but recent posts/claim have made me have doubts.

Lynx should be today's lynch. It really seemed like he doesn't want me to hide behind him tonight if we lynched BE. He tried to sugar coat it, but I'm seeing more fear of getting outed than any real strategic thought. This is where your vote should go today.

I think that's it, but I'm drinking and not really wanting to spend more time on this post.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:10 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

@Thor: we will test Konowa tomorrow. If he 'slips' again, I'm totally with you and he will be lynched. Today I still read it as an actual slip. Shit happens. Either way, I don't wanna lynch him today.

@d3x: I know you reposted a post when I asked earlier, but if you were God for tonight, who would you have me hide behind? Who do you think is most needing cleared/caught? You're my only sure bet, so I want to hear your thoughts. I know you will anyway, but take into account that if I hide behind town, we will prolly both die most likely. So weigh into your thoughts the one who wouldn't be missed, would be an easy mis-lynch anyway, who would be best to force scum to kill, etc.
Osseus pseudotripodis
Osseus pseudotripodis
Goon
Osseus pseudotripodis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:09 pm

Post by Osseus pseudotripodis »

I believe Konowa is town, I don't care about his PR, I think he's been playing a town game. I'm thinking about Ansuz and Lynx currently. Someone at some point this weekend made the comment "Nacho and Desp wouldn't do" whatever it is that they are doing and it stuck with me. Lynx continues to pepper himself with scummy things. Rolefishing to begin the day, a complete 180 on his reads, and the Hider thing (like any scumteam in their right mind would kill him at this point).

Unfortunately Ger has a confirmable role, even if he's threatening to make a scumkill with it. If he kills us that's fine, it's on him. I could go back and forth on it, but the fact is we've played a pretty transparent town game, and the crutch of his reads are shit. Yes Ger, optimally you should have killed GP Night 1, OPTIMALLY is the key word. You didn't, and there's nothing I can do about it. Asking for an optimal kill doesn't make me scum, it makes you a bad Vig. But I digress if you're gonna kill me that's your problem, not mine.

Getting back to Ansuz for a moment, what gives me pause is the composition of his wagon (Ansuz (4): Mantisdreamz, geraintm, Burning_Earth, TunnelMates), which is composed of players I don't particularly trust. (IE Ger, BE, and TM, I think Lynx was here at one point too).

Re: Josh, I think he falls into the same category that Hiplop did on Day 1, we're essentially going down the same road. Josh certainly isn't my top scumread.

I'd like to lynch one of Lynx, Ansuz, or Ger today (pipe dream). Maybe BE or TM too, as I don't get overwhelming townvibes from them. Honestly I don't get town vibes from a lot of players except Kthx, d3x, and Konowa.

Vote: Lynx

Optimal lynch in my opinion.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:15 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1187, Kthxbye wrote:@Thor: we will test Konowa tomorrow. If he 'slips' again, I'm totally with you and he will be lynched. Today I still read it as an actual slip. Smurf happens.

An awkwardly timed slip.
Also, you're ignoring his claims about his ability and how they don't line up - and, while we're at it, how the only day it would matter for him to even have his claimed power is a day of lylo, so there was no need to bother even playing the post restriction till then.

I suspect I'll have to wait anyway - but I want to get this all out there so that if I get to say 'I told you so' I can add in 'and it was blatant and you're all feebs' on top of it.
Because it's a really skeevy setup with him, and I mildly bet we're just buying a scum PR another night.
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1185, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1177, Mantisdreamz wrote:i don't like that you are so focused on this

I don't like that you're so dismissive of it - as long as we're stating empty opinions.
It's not like I'm focused on it to the *exclusion* of other things - so your complaint is pretty empty here.

yea but you are. that and have switched your vote like mad. please tell me how it is an empty opinion for me to state that i think you are focusing too much on it.

you can't just stay stuff and have people believe it is true at the drop of the hat. ya you have an appearance of conviction, but that's it. what, the harder you push on something, the more it makes it true?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:23 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1190, Mantisdreamz wrote:yea but you are. that and have switched your vote like mad. please tell me how it is an empty opinion for me to state that i think you are focusing too much on it.

:neutral:

Please describe how you have complained about me attacking three different people (Ger, Tunnel, and Konowa) and how that translates to me being too focused on one of them?
This also ignores stuff I've done or said about at least three other people.
Since I have replaced in, I would say it is easy to say that I have talked about 500% more people than you have...derp-da-doo, Mollie.

Also, you're complaining about me vote switching "like mad"?
Learn2play.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Konowa »

Because if Konowa slips three times, Konowa becomes Hated (Lynch -1) and loses Konowa's vote for the day. Konowa didn't want to try and prove the claim this way, but it might be easier. The Loved/Hated condition is removed in LYLO but the removal of the vote still occurs in LYLO if Konowa slips three times. Town doesn't likely need Konowa's vote for the Day, so whatever.

So anyways, Thor665 outside of this foolish attempt to say Konowa is scum for some outlandish outguess the mod Thor665 is in, why is Konowa scum?
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:25 pm

Post by Konowa »

Really don't think this is TownThor665.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1193, Konowa wrote:Really don't think this is TownThor665.

agree

still have to respond to his 1191
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1191, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1190, Mantisdreamz wrote:yea but you are. that and have switched your vote like mad. please tell me how it is an empty opinion for me to state that i think you are focusing too much on it.

:neutral:

Please describe how you have complained about me attacking three different people (Ger, Tunnel, and Konowa) and how that translates to me being too focused on one of them?
This also ignores stuff I've done or said about at least three other people.
Since I have replaced in, I would say it is easy to say that I have talked about 500% more people than you have...derp-da-doo, Mollie.

Also, you're complaining about me vote switching "like mad"?
Learn2play.

i said you were too focused on the konowa posting restriction. why have you warped this into being about ger, tunnel? i said that i disliked you being so focused on konowa and his pr

yea. i am complaining about you switching votes like mad because it seems as though you have no real target. just switching amongst ppl at ease as if you don't really care. that's why i asked you who your town reads were. you seem to be flinging mud at just about everyone.. and have failed to say who you actually think is town.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Konowa - I literally just got done answering a direct question about if I did or didn't have a case on you outside of the role thing. You need to fake that you're reading the game better when you're scum.

@Mantis - when you complain that I am attacking Player A, then complain I'm attacking Player B,a nd then complain that I'm too focused on Player C...yeah, i think it's valid to point out that you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Also, i agree, you have accurately noted that I do not appear to have allies I am trying to protect and seem interested in the idea of lynching a number of players. You have, naturally, decided this is somehow a scumtell, but...meh. I also agree that as long as you ignore the two players I have called town that, yes, i have not called anyone town...what th ehell people? If you're going to call me scum at least make me believe it's because you have reasons that aren't made up and ignoring things I've said when you state that belief - this is stupid.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:02 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

d3x: No matter what, today you and I need to be on the same wagon for VCA purposes.
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:03 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1188, Osseus pseudotripodis wrote:I believe Konowa is town, I don't care about his PR, I think he's been playing a town game. I'm thinking about Ansuz and Lynx currently. Someone at some point this weekend made the comment "Nacho and Desp wouldn't do" whatever it is that they are doing and it stuck with me. Lynx continues to pepper himself with scummy things. Rolefishing to begin the day, a complete 180 on his reads, and the Hider thing (like any scumteam in their right mind would kill him at this point).

Unfortunately Ger has a confirmable role, even if he's threatening to make a scumkill with it. If he kills us that's fine, it's on him. I could go back and forth on it, but the fact is we've played a pretty transparent town game, and the crutch of his reads are shit. Yes Ger, optimally you should have killed GP Night 1, OPTIMALLY is the key word. You didn't, and there's nothing I can do about it. Asking for an optimal kill doesn't make me scum, it makes you a bad Vig. But I digress if you're gonna kill me that's your problem, not mine.

Getting back to Ansuz for a moment, what gives me pause is the composition of his wagon (Ansuz (4): Mantisdreamz, geraintm, Burning_Earth, TunnelMates), which is composed of players I don't particularly trust. (IE Ger, BE, and TM, I think Lynx was here at one point too).

Re: Josh, I think he falls into the same category that Hiplop did on Day 1, we're essentially going down the same road. Josh certainly isn't my top scumread.

I'd like to lynch one of Lynx, Ansuz, or Ger today (pipe dream). Maybe BE or TM too, as I don't get overwhelming townvibes from them. Honestly I don't get town vibes from a lot of players except Kthx, d3x, and Konowa.

Vote: Lynx

Optimal lynch in my opinion.

maybe i'm a little jaded.. but this post seems like bs to me.
ffs, you say you have ansuz in the wanting to lynch category, and that you don't like the players on his bw? yet you vote lynx..someone who isn't on the ansuz bw. wtf?

what is your purpose for wanting to lynch lynx over ansuz?
or as well, what is the purpose of not voting the ones that you don't trust?

(i'll be honest).. i flat out think that you and ansuz are scum.. and this is you trying to put a a bit of suspicion on ansuz, but in the meantime voting lynx (town)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1192, Konowa wrote:Because if Konowa slips three times, Konowa becomes Hated (Lynch -1) and loses Konowa's vote for the day. Konowa didn't want to try and prove the claim this way, but it might be easier. The Loved/Hated condition is removed in LYLO but the removal of the vote still occurs in LYLO if Konowa slips three times. Town doesn't likely need Konowa's vote for the Day, so whatever.

How are you informed about lylo?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”