NY 176: Completely Ridiculous Mafia (Game Over)

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:49 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1566, scrambles wrote:
In post 1561, Cephrir wrote:The biggest reservation I have about TSO is that throwing a bitchfit is basically the thing I was looking for, because it pretty much happened in FEA.

I think you're tunneling, but I don't think it's out of malice. Would he know what you're looking for? What reason would he have for "pulling out all the stops" at this juncture? I don't see him in danger of any lynch.

If I was tunneling, I'd actually be voting TSO.

He probably wouldn't, but I've alluded to it several times. However, if Cabd is correct about this being something that always happens, I'd be back to a scumread. I wouldn't classify what he's doing as "pulling out all the stops", but I do think he believed he was likely to be lynched when he selfvoted.

I should iso Toomai and make sure I still feel OK about him. It's entirely possible scum are getting past me entirely right now.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:49 am

Post by scrambles »

In post 1568, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1558, scrambles wrote:
In post 1551, Cabd wrote:
In post 1533, scrambles wrote:I feel very strongly town about TWIE TSO and IZA
I feel strongly scum on MVP, AP, REN, MIRHAWK

Wait woah woah woah. Ceph quoting this made me notice. Why is my name not on the second list now?

Oh so now you care about my basis of suspicions?
lol
I actually had just read page 50 or something when I posted this. I forget when it was, but you came back in the thread from some leave and made what looked like a bunch of good questions. So you got bumped down and off the list. I can't have too many players on my scum list if I want to look accurate by game end.

put down the chainsaw
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:51 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1574, ika wrote:
In post 1553, Cephrir wrote:Because he's not scum?

care to explain why or how you have come to this?

Largely because throughout the entire game, I think his analysis has been really, really careful. He catches things I agree with but didn't notice, like, every single post he makes.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

I definitely need to do some looking back. Everyone but TWIE/AP/Izzy is on the table for me today.
Bartleby the Scrivener
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:52 am

Post by goodmorning »

Fun fact: eagles are supposed to be majestic or some shit like that

Votecount 2.6
reinoe [L-4] - Izariael, Toomai, scrambles

Toomai [L-5] - Aegor, reinoe

Aegor [L-6] - ika

T S O [L-6] - T S O

Not Voting [7] - MVP, Cabd, Mirhawk, TheWayItEnds, AngryPidgeon, Cephrir

With 13 alive, it takes
to lynch. The day will end in (expired on 2014-09-15 00:00:00).
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:53 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1525, ika wrote:im inclined to lynch rione just to get tos to shut up

Orthographical errors aside, I sort of approve of this message but I can see Reinoe just being scum. I'm kind of tempted to buy into the idea that scum stopped the DJ kill because it was on scum.

In post 1529, Izariael wrote:You might be town, but you're scummy enough that I'll take the chances of you flipping scum.

:up: , pretty much how I feel about Reinoe, but I'm not ready to commit to a vote their yet. I really want to hit scum Today so I want a chance to revisit some people after I am done catching up.

In post 1529, Izariael wrote:So Cephrir is no longer a scumread because T S O didn't vote him? What the crap kind of logic is that? You only have one vote at a time. Does that mean we can only have one scumread at a time? There was like no support for a Cephrir lynch; so a vote for him would have been useless.

I think you are misinterpreting Reinoe's post here. I think he was making an observation about TSO's reads and not saying anything about his own. Back off of your tunnel a little bit, Iz : P.

In post 1530, ika wrote:izar might be scum....

No.

In post 1535, scrambles wrote:Who is guy in freezer and why do you have MVP as town?

I actually laughed when I read this. GIF IS MVP essentially.

In post 1538, scrambles wrote:ah ok. So why does he have himself as pretty sure town

MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:53 am

Post by MVP »

In post 1573, Cabd wrote:If it was an obvious slip in the past you'd be claiming it?

He probably would've eventually if he still cared about this game.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:54 am

Post by scrambles »

In post 1575, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1561, Cephrir wrote:The biggest reservation I have about TSO is that throwing a bitchfit is basically the thing I was looking for, because it pretty much happened in FEA.

I think you're tunneling, but I don't think it's out of malice. Would he know what you're looking for? What reason would he have for "pulling out all the stops" at this juncture? I don't see him in danger of any lynch.

He probably wouldn't, but I've alluded to it several times. However, if Cabd is correct about this being something that always happens, I'd be back to a scumread. I wouldn't classify what he's doing as "pulling out all the stops", but I do think he believed he was likely to be lynched when he selfvoted.

I should iso Toomai and make sure I still feel OK about him. It's entirely possible scum are getting past me entirely right now.

Sorry, I wasn't aware that tunneling required a vote here. On my site it's usually seen as using pretzel logic or WIFOM to continue suspecting a player.
I'm not sure that using typical behavior is very good at indicating anything.
Not pulling out all the stops? You're implying that he's acting out a mental breakdown...I'd say that's a pretty desperate move.
We'd have to disagree on him being lynched as a possibility. I think he self-voted for reactions, and I think he's frustrated that nobody is taking him seriously.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:54 am

Post by Cephrir »

(Specifically, this is mostly a note to self, I want to re-examine Cabd, Mirhawk, Aegor and ika- I should have more of an opinion on them, ideally, than I have)
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:56 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1582, scrambles wrote:
In post 1575, Cephrir wrote:

Sorry, I wasn't aware that tunneling required a vote here. On my site it's usually seen as using pretzel logic or WIFOM to continue suspecting a player.
Not pulling out all the stops? You're implying that he's acting out a mental breakdown...I'd say that's a pretty desperate move.
We'd have to disagree on him being lynched as a possibility. I think he self-voted for reactions, and I think he's frustrated that nobody is taking him seriously.

Not saying a vote is required, but to me tunneling is "focusing on a scumread to the exclusion of paying attention to the game". I don't think I'm doing that.

Oh, I'm sure the mental breakdown was legitimate, that just doesn't make it town. I've had legitimate breakdowns as scum before, though I tend to exaggerate them.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:57 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1580, AngryPidgeon wrote:, pretty much how I feel about Reinoe, but I'm not ready to commit to a vote their yet. I really want to hit scum Today so I want a chance to revisit some people after I am done catching up.

I probably need to remember why I suspected reinoe yesterday, too.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:58 am

Post by Cephrir »

BTW, leaning town on scrambles independent of Aeronaut.
Bartleby the Scrivener
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:58 am

Post by MVP »

In post 1580, AngryPidgeon wrote:GIF IS MVP

What have I done in this game for me to get this
well-deserved
title?
(Playing with a hydra name never gets old)
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:00 am

Post by Izariael »

In post 1527, goodmorning wrote:
Fun fact: even if owls did eat pie i bet it wouldn't be key lime

In post 1569, goodmorning wrote:
Fun fact: i bet owls would eat cherry pie

bears wouldn't though

I mean, I won't speak for all owls, since I mean.... I'm not an owl... :shifty: but from what I've observed, they're partial to peach pie. Open-faced... with toasted almond slices and whipped cream.
I have the comprehensive ability of a vegetable.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:01 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1539, TheWayItEnds wrote:I mostly like this post.

I mean I don’t know how much stock I put into 1 day worth of wagon analysis, but I kinda like the conclusions here anyway.

The only really notable conclusion I see is the one about Reinoe. The others are that YOU voteparked a wagon (not really a conclusion) and that TSO/Mir also did but maybe aren't as bad for it. Sooo did you really just mean to say that you liked the Reinoe conclusion or is there something else you liked?

How do you feel about Ceph's 1499? :down:
In post 1499, Cephrir wrote:Aeronaut didn't replace out of all his games :/

In post 1540, reinoe wrote:Looking at these contradictory comments (even if they are from different people)I can surmise town has given up on scumhunting this game.

I uh. Uh. Uh. Uh. Uh. Error. AP does not know how to respond to this post. Please insert more coffee and toggle the power switch.

In post 1570, MVP wrote:Actually the third head was scumreading you pretty hard because he thinks you're trying to use the advantage of the anonymous hydra thing and mismeta the third head as Varsoon when he clearly slipped in one of his past games with you and think there was no way you would've missed that obvious slip.

That sounds like something Nero Cain would think. Lol.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:04 am

Post by scrambles »

Not saying a vote is required, but to me tunneling is "focusing on a scumread to the exclusion of paying attention to the game". I don't think I'm doing that.

Oh, I'm sure the mental breakdown was legitimate, that just doesn't make it town. I've had legitimate breakdowns as scum before, though I tend to exaggerate them

Oh, I see. I guess my definitions are askew.
Hmm, yeah I see your point, and I totally agree that both sides do that, but I also think there is more to read off of him than just his breakdown. However, to address the point, I genuinely think that TSO is upset that Reinoe came in a talked down to him. I don't think he cares about the game anymore, I think he wants everyone to see that Rei is an idiot when he flips. (not my words)
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:05 am

Post by ika »

sooooo

AP/ceph are most likely scums...

aegor is still a strong scumspect

meh. sounds good to me maybe when im not board i will read more
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:06 am

Post by Cephrir »

Sure is a lot of "Ceph is scu and I won't tell you why" going around.

I guess it's contagious.
Bartleby the Scrivener
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:09 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1571, scrambles wrote:One thing I did notice about reinoe was his resolve in being shot at night. Honestly, from his first response to the actual vig claim of shooting tso or rei, it seemed like he already knew he wouldnt be shot.

Why do you think Reinoe knew he wouldn't be shot?

I didn't fully expect Reinoe to 100% believe my vig soft, it was a troll claim to begin with. I DO expect people to react awkwardly to such a direct/pointed question though. Its just doing something unexpected and trying to catch someone off guard so their response is less likely to be obscured behind posturing (town posturing or scum posturing). I didn't like Reinoe whispering sweet nothings in my ear about vigging Toomai; it looked like he WAS concerned about the claim and/or took it seriously to a degree. Do you disagree that he reacted oddly? You are telling me that claims are likely not to be taken seriously but Reinoe definitely didn't tell me I was full of shit and move on, he engaged me on it.

In post 1576, scrambles wrote:put down the chainsaw

This would involve you actually having made a decent point against Cabd rather than just OMGUS him awkwardly when he calls out a perceived discrepancy that you never explained.
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:10 am

Post by Izariael »

In post 1580, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1529, Izariael wrote:
In post 1459, reinoe wrote:
In post 1192, T S O wrote:

unvote
vote: dj

Hey look, now DJ is a scumread and Cephrir is not!
So Cephrir is no longer a scumread because T S O didn't vote him? What the crap kind of logic is that? You only have one vote at a time. Does that mean we can only have one scumread at a time? There was like no support for a Cephrir lynch; so a vote for him would have been useless.

I think you are misinterpreting Reinoe's post here. I think he was making an observation about TSO's reads and not saying anything about his own. Back off of your tunnel a little bit, Iz : P.

I'm not sure I'm understanding? reinoe's post was commenting on T S O's flipflopping on his Cephrir read, and I was pointing out why it was a logical fallacy. My comment was from the perspective of T S O reads, not reinoe's.

You're right about the tunnel though. I've been a bit over-focused on reinoe as of late, but it irks me that the Day 1 reinoe wagon got disbanded in favor of the Bob mislynch wagon. I don't get what reinoe has done that people think is so townie of him. I see nothing redeeming or productive from him. Nothing.

My plan for Day 2 is to re-read Toomai, Aegor & Ki-Gi/Ika in particular, then go back to others. Those three have been the most fence-sitting reads for me so far through, so I want to have something more conclusive than null.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:11 am

Post by scrambles »

Just to follow up, and put my vote where I think it counts and should go.
unvote
VOTE: MVP

He dragged rvs way late into the game, and I don't think any of his/her content has been solid.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:12 am

Post by ika »

In post 1592, Cephrir wrote:Sure is a lot of "Ceph is scu and I won't tell you why" going around.

I guess it's contagious.

nah i have legit reasons but i keep them safe with me
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:12 am

Post by Izariael »

In post 1594, Izariael wrote:Those three have been the most fence-sitting reads for me so far through
the game
, so I want to have something more conclusive than null.

EBWOP
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:12 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 1589, AngryPidgeon wrote:The only really notable conclusion I see is the one about Reinoe. The others are that YOU voteparked a wagon (not really a conclusion) and that TSO/Mir also did but maybe aren't as bad for it. Sooo did you really just mean to say that you liked the Reinoe conclusion or is there something else you liked?

How do you feel about Ceph's 1499?

It was more that I liked how much that post wasnt about me.

When he first posted the table, I assumed that the major point that he was going to be driving at was that I only placed a single vote in RVS and thats so suspicious and yadda yadda.

I guess I liked it because he actually did some "analysis".

I "mostly" liked it because I'm not sure if he didnt hard push me because Reinoe was a higher scumread, or if hes just throwing out that I didnt move my vote to try and lower my towncred or something.

Ceph's 1499 is pretty useless?

I tried to post the " :/ " to see if he would elaborate on what he thought that meant or speculate on something... But just saying that someone is too busy for 3 games but not too busy for 2 doesnt seem like a case.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:13 am

Post by MVP »

In post 1595, scrambles wrote:He dragged rvs way late into the game

RVS never dies. Even though I don't remember randomly voting since the beginning of the game.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”