NY 176: Completely Ridiculous Mafia (Game Over)

ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:25 pm

Post by ika »

In post 1699, Aegor wrote:
In post 1435, ika wrote:
@aegor: still dont care you have been at him all game and you even think his claim is fake, so whats your other reaosn?

Reason for what? Not liking MVP?

In post 1657, Mirhawk wrote:
I agree. I still don't like Toomai, but this is objectively the best post he's made all game.

Disagree. It was basically IIoA as far as I could tell.

I probably will not be able to make a giant post until Friday. My lynchpool is currently {Toomai, MVP, reinoe}. Not sure whether Toomai's scumspicion of reinoe should throw a wrench in my reads or not. That is my next task.

i want to see your giant wall post. you constantly harp on MVP for most thread but keep moving to toon. to me its jsut guts scum read. but maybe your wall will make me think otherwise
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:28 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

Let it be. They can't keep it secret indefinitely, and the idea that everyone in the town should be privy to every bit of information is stupid.

Izy, why do you feel you should have this information? Your reaction looks like you're worried about what the information is.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:49 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I think this whole conversation is really silly and I propose we simply stop having it.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:52 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1699, Aegor wrote:{Toomai, MVP, reinoe}

I could wish these were less consensus, but I guess sometimes there's something to consensus.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Post by Izariael »

In post 1701, Mirhawk wrote:Let it be. They can't keep it secret indefinitely, and the idea that everyone in the town should be privy to every bit of information is stupid.

Izy, why do you feel you should have this information?

What bothers me about it isn't that there's information I don't know; it's that they're going out of their way to say they have information cryptically. I don't understand why Cabd would have such a level trust with AP where he could tell him this information but no one else, or how that information is doing anything at the moment by being concealed. Neither of them has done anything since their exchange, it's just sitting there uselessly.

Your reaction looks like you're worried about what the information is.

In post 1651, Izariael wrote:players on both: AngryPidgeon, Cabd, reinoe, Cephrir, Depraved Justice

Needless to say, I'm not overly trusting of either of these two at the moment. The fact that they're blatantly exchanging information and taking care to shroud it doesn't seem kosher. Cabd took the exact same tone in reply as he did in , and I thought he was full of shit then as well. Clearly Cabd and AP have this whole game figured out.
I have the comprehensive ability of a vegetable.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:25 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1704, Izariael wrote:. But apparently I'm just diving in front of things to ruin their full effect. Clearly Cabd and AP have this whole game figured out.

No. I do think Cabd is a bit more likely to be town for the reach out though. And if I'm on the same page, then MVP's claim might be a lie.
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:55 pm

Post by Izariael »

AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1704, Izariael wrote:. But apparently I'm just diving in front of things to ruin their full effect. Clearly Cabd and AP have this whole game figured out.

No. I do think Cabd is a bit more likely to be town for the reach out though.
And if I'm on the same page, then MVP's claim might be a lie.

So out of that conversation, you don't even know if you each came to the same conclusion? That's productive. Thank goodness you guys spoke in fucking riddles and couldn't tell if you stayed on the same page. :roll:

Also, of course MVP's claim might be a lie. This isn't really anything new.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:02 pm

Post by ika »

iza, just let it go. it will resolve itself soon enough.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:47 am

Post by scrambles »

Claims should never be used as proof of alignment or as reasoning not to vote.
we have map being mostly unproductive and joking the entire game.
we have an admittance that their initial scumminess in early game was *purposely done*
And a general lack of interest in the game at hand.
add on to that a weak, hard to prove, unlikely countered claim, and you have your scum.
I mean, has anyone even made a post considering that the claim is possible? Ive read thrpugh several times since that claim and haven't seen any possibility of an odd-night gunsmith. We would certainly have one, wouldn't we?
Yet every player thinks the claim is weak. I would think that inherently implied that nobody is the odd night partner.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:52 am

Post by ika »

wut?
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:03 am

Post by Izariael »

In post 1708, scrambles wrote:Yet every player thinks the claim is weak. I would think that inherently implied that nobody is the odd night partner.

I think the fact that he's the only hard-claimed PR right now means that we can't expect results from him tonight. He's too easily blocked by mafia if he is town. However, blocking him means that other power roles that haven't been disclosed get free actions tonight. Scum can either take their chances on finding another PR target or block the sole claimed PR. I think it might be in town's best interest to let him slide for today. I do see the claim as very weak, but it's the only claim we have right now since our vig is dead.

If he's scum, then it'll be even more evident after tonight.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:14 am

Post by scrambles »

Here are the options, if I understand this correctly.
1 we use a power to figure out what he actually is like a cop or rolecop or whatever. Costs us outing a role to bag him.
2 he claims blocked. If anyone else is blocked we know hes lying.
3 he isnt blocked and claims to scan someone correctly who in turn also claims some stupid unconfirmable role (if he just busses another scum) or claims another scum simply doesnt have a gun.
4 he isnt blocked and aims to out a cop or another PR with a gun whatever that may be

Honestly I dont see any way around this.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:19 am

Post by scrambles »

Or he actually is town and doesn't get any good result on anyone (no gun) and we have to wait another two days before confirming him again/spend a role to figure out his alignment etc.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:33 am

Post by MVP »

Pretty sure I'm not the only PR left in this game.
Also no gun result is most likely on town so that's swell too.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:35 am

Post by MVP »

Anyway, why do I feel that you're getting cold footed about leaving us alive today?

My whole existence is trolling scum hard right now as they have to waste their valuable night action (roleblock, nightkill, whatever) on me tonight instead of someone better and more dangerous.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:36 am

Post by scrambles »

Ive just played enough to know that we should be lynching based off play, irrelevant of roles. On my site, our roles are as wacky as can be. Triple trackers, mafia cops, mason day vigs, sk lie detectors, survivor millers, psychotic doctors etc. I pretty much expect waffles to rain from the sky.
and I see fakeclaim all day long by town as well as mafia.
One game I fakeclaimed that I had fortune cookies that each day gave me four names with one of them or more being scum and I used that to push my suspects. and nobody even questioned the validity of the role existing.
of course I wont be doing any of that here, but just explaining that ive learned not to take claims seriously. If a person is scummy, they're scummy.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:40 am

Post by scrambles »

Youre making my point exactly. Tbh if I was mafia and knew you were town, I wouldnt even bother with you.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:44 am

Post by MVP »

I see.
Well honestly I'm planning to get myself autolynched Day 3 regardless of my reports if my claim is still suspicious until then. My usefulness as a claimed even-night gunsmith is complete after tonight anyway.
That's part of the reason I posted that readlist out of the blue.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:11 am

Post by scrambles »

In post 11, Aeronaut wrote:Yes! This game finally started! Aegor, Mirhawk, CABD and TheWayItEnds, pleasure to be playing with you again. The rest of you... hey there.

VOTE: Toomai

Your move, Chief.

It's too bad I don't get to play with this guy. He seems like a cool dude. Not sure why he'd replace out since he looked so excited to be playing.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:19 am

Post by scrambles »

Is mastin a she?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:41 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1719, scrambles wrote:Is mastin a she?

? You aren't a poorly disguised mastin alt are you?
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:49 am

Post by scrambles »

nah, I just love mastin's insane tells. I use them frequently to prime scum.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:58 am

Post by scrambles »

In post 135, Ki-Gi wrote:
In post 131, T S O wrote:
In post 71, Izariael wrote:
In post 62, T S O wrote:
In post 60, Izariael wrote:
In post 49, T S O wrote:
vote bob

In post 50, T S O wrote:I would also vote AcBd if he is a wagon.

No reasoning provided on your initial vote, and yet you provided reasoning for an alternate vote that seems sheepy/scummy? :!: tsk tsk

oh sorry for not giving random reasoning for my vote; I know that's a towntell

Thanks for the passive-aggressiveness. I just don't understand why you would vote Bob without listing a reason, yet list a reason you would vote for someone else and not follow through. That means it was a deliberate choice to vote Bob over Cabd... hardly random.

I never listed a reason why I'd vote Cabd...

I'm all for nitpicking, but at least do it right.

He was doing it right. U die nao

VOTE: TSO

Let's see if DJ and Bob can prove themselves to not be your scummateseses.

TSO is correct though. He never actually listed a reason. Looks a bit opportunistic, while Iz seemed to be heating up on really no evidence at all. Perhaps, ki-gi wasn't actually following and latched on to what looked like momentum.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:31 am

Post by scrambles »

In post 198, Mirhawk wrote:
In post 54, Bicephalous Bob wrote:I actually read page 3 before page 2 and decided I'd vote you if no one had said anything scummier on page 2

the fact that it's a crossvote is a bonus though

In post 142, Bicephalous Bob wrote:
I did see his vote, but I'd already decided to vote him when I saw it

it's not that spectacular

Hrm I meant these two posts, though upon reading them next to each other I realize they don't actually say what I thought they said. For some reason I thought you said you didn't read his post in 54.

Seems like another opportunistic move, this time by mirhawk. The initial vote line of questioning was brought up by TWIE. It's odd that instead of confirming TWIE's suspicions, Mirhawk carried the torch until it was stopped above. Where he apologizes. Interestingly enough though, the next thing he does is question Bob why he suspects Jimmy over MVP and Aegor.
Then he asks toomai what he thinks about Bob, citing votes drawn over Bob's behavior.
Then quickly jumps into the aegor vs toomai "mislynch" discussion. His vote also put toomai in the lead.
I feel like mirhawk is doing his best to keep his options open. His stance allows for a possible toomai, aegor, or bob lynch. I don't remember the final count, but I'm going to just guess that mirhawk was on that lynch at the end of the day.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:33 am

Post by scrambles »

In post 1420, goodmorning wrote:
Fun fact: the penguins called

they want their cannons back

Votecount 1.44
Bicephalous Bob [LYNCH] - AngryPidgeon, MVP, Toomai, Cabd, reinoe, Cephrir, Depraved Justice, ika

Toomai [L-5] - Mirhawk, Aeronaut, Aegor

huh, guess I was wrong.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”