League of Legends (Old)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34400 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:43 am

Post by Iecerint »

They should have had a "world event" that destabilized the league/institute and ended the league as a system for resolving international conflicts. Then they could carry on and promote trading card games or comics or whatever else in Runeterra. The gameplay would simply all take place prior to that world event.

This would have the same effect without the need for a retcon.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #34401 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:44 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 34394, theelkspeaks wrote:That awkward moment when the guy you agree to swap with in champ select swaps you Elise instead of J4 for no apparent reason....

That happy moment when you win anyway thanks to that guy playing Darius and an epic Syndra carrying you.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends. ... 8/50095874

On a related note, how do I midgame as Elise? I went from 3/1/2 to 4/11/16, so something clearly went wrong in my midgame.

EDIT: Also, hey Saki, how do you mid/late game as Fiora? I've been practicing her a little in normals and stuff, and the laning is going ok, but I'm not sure what to do after that (how to teamfight and/or splitpush as Fiora, basically).

If you listen to Saki you'll never get to mid or late game.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34402 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:45 am

Post by notscience »

1v1 and have dram cast it pls
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #34403 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:47 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 34401, PJ. wrote:
In post 34394, theelkspeaks wrote:That awkward moment when the guy you agree to swap with in champ select swaps you Elise instead of J4 for no apparent reason....

That happy moment when you win anyway thanks to that guy playing Darius and an epic Syndra carrying you.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends. ... 8/50095874

On a related note, how do I midgame as Elise? I went from 3/1/2 to 4/11/16, so something clearly went wrong in my midgame.

EDIT: Also, hey Saki, how do you mid/late game as Fiora? I've been practicing her a little in normals and stuff, and the laning is going ok, but I'm not sure what to do after that (how to teamfight and/or splitpush as Fiora, basically).

If you listen to Saki you'll never get to mid or late game.

I'm in NA Bronze III. Every game gets to mid or late game because everyone sucks and no one can end games.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #34404 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:54 am

Post by PJ. »

Run back and forth, avoid damage, when the team fight starts, find a carry, try to kill it with your active items, if you start taking damage or see cc coming, hit R.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #34405 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:02 am

Post by Oman »

Bronze advice: to get through mid game you need to group earlier than your opponents. Once you knock one tower down, get together with your now free laner and run to bot. If your free laner is bot, run mid, then hard shove that turret down.

No, it's probably not best practice, but in bronze they won't react, you'll get the turret (or dragon or both) then you'll all go do what you want. Also, my own advice as a jungler is rush jungle item then sightstone then ward aggressively mid game in the jungle paths between their lanes. You're looking to stand with a damage dealer and use your cc and what tankiness you have to get them a kill or two.

Bronzies are fucking hard to predict because we don't play optimally, so vision is an important part of it all. With a cc jungler like Elise you want to get your buffs together, then go after their buffs, pick off roamers when you can. Basically be the first team to move from laning into team fights so you have the numbers advantage for the first fight or two. If you get a few kills for your carries but don't take objectives that's okay, so long as you're keeping to the gold advantage.

I'd add to what panzer says with "wait for their carry to run out front to poke, which they will because they're retarded, then cc them and pop"
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34406 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:17 am

Post by quadz08 »

Ah, ok. Read the red comments and things are a bit less foggy.

I'm disappointed that they're removing that aspect of the lore. I understand the thought process behind it, but I've always thought League was cool in that there was an actual explanation for why the characters fought on specific maps, by specific rules.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34407 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:22 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 34405, Oman wrote:Bronzies are fucking hard to predict because we don't play optimally, so vision is an important part of it all. With a cc jungler like Elise you want to get your buffs together, then go after their buffs, pick off roamers when you can. Basically be the first team to move from laning into team fights so you have the numbers advantage for the first fight or two. If you get a few kills for your carries but don't take objectives that's okay, so long as you're keeping to the gold advantage.

This is one thing you really need to learn, you'll find more often then not, you'll be questioning whether people are baiting, or being fucking retarded, and the one time you don't question it, it's an actual bait.

Reading the enemy player is probably one of the most important thing's in league.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #34408 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:31 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 34405, Oman wrote:Bronze advice: to get through mid game you need to group earlier than your opponents. Once you knock one tower down, get together with your now free laner and run to bot. If your free laner is bot, run mid, then hard shove that turret down.

No, it's probably not best practice, but in bronze they won't react, you'll get the turret (or dragon or both) then you'll all go do what you want. Also, my own advice as a jungler is rush jungle item then sightstone then ward aggressively mid game in the jungle paths between their lanes. You're looking to stand with a damage dealer and use your cc and what tankiness you have to get them a kill or two.

Bronzies are fucking hard to predict because we don't play optimally, so vision is an important part of it all. With a cc jungler like Elise you want to get your buffs together, then go after their buffs, pick off roamers when you can. Basically be the first team to move from laning into team fights so you have the numbers advantage for the first fight or two. If you get a few kills for your carries but don't take objectives that's okay, so long as you're keeping to the gold advantage.

I'd add to what panzer says with "wait for their carry to run out front to poke, which they will because they're retarded, then cc them and pop"

Mine was pretty fiora specific. If you're jungling, just play Amumu. seriously.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #34409 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:11 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 34408, PJ. wrote:
In post 34405, Oman wrote:Bronze advice: to get through mid game you need to group earlier than your opponents. Once you knock one tower down, get together with your now free laner and run to bot. If your free laner is bot, run mid, then hard shove that turret down.

Mine was pretty fiora specific. If you're jungling, just play Amumu. seriously.

Amumu, Malph, and J4 are my most preferred junglers for pretty much that reason - your team (more or less) can't miss the fact that you're initiating. Just figured I'd ask about Elise after the way that game went, because my jungling's been my worst role this season, and I know she's a strong pick.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #34410 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:48 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Everything
is a strong pick if you can play it well/with the right team comp.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34411 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:06 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 34402, notscience wrote:have dram cast it pls
:(
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34412 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:40 pm

Post by quadz08 »

DEAR MAFIASCUM

INHAUS

RITE NAO

2 MORE PEOPLE PLZ

THX
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34413 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:41 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

something resembling an inhaus is gonna/going on, if anyone is interested.

pedit: dammit quadz
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34414 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:42 pm

In post 34402, notscience wrote:1v1 and have dram cast it pls

okay who else read that as dream cast
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34415 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:04 pm

apparently campus still being ddosed.

sigh.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34416 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:15 pm

ugh.

i'm done, sorry ;_; , too frustrating to expect this to hopefully work. thought the ddos would actually be fixed by now since it has been ~3 days, but apparently not.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34417 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:23 pm

Post by dramonic »

is spectating functionnal now?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #34418 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:47 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Generally it's considered polite to check your connection beforehand when you know you're being ddosed but whatever it was k.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34419 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:49 pm

Post by The Bulge »

Never playing jungle again

*shudder*
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34420 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:51 pm

Post by RayFrost »

It's okay bulge, you got some learning in. Main thing to learn there is to not ult the morgana every fight and to not chase the morgana just because he's at 100 health. You literally had no chance of catching me every time and it got you killed / prevented you from helping the rest of your team.
don't you feel silly now?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34421 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:56 pm

Post by The Bulge »

I mainly just had no idea what I was supposed to be doing jungler-wise 100% of the time, and the lost-ness carried over into my ability to remember basic teamfight rules etc
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #34422 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:02 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

In post 34419, The Bulge wrote:Never playing jungle again

*shudder*

Levels are a massive part of jungling, you really needed to dedicate some time to clearing camps or pushing lanes in, if you're ever 4-5 levels behind you just become a liability unfortunately. You also need to just tailor your builds to the match rather then following a build list because you went sunfire second against an all magic dmg team (ryze, malz, nunu, morg). If that had been a spirit visage then you'd have been a lot scarier in the early fights.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34423 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 34422, TheButtonmen wrote:
In post 34419, The Bulge wrote:Never playing jungle again

*shudder*

Levels are a massive part of jungling, you really needed to dedicate some time to clearing camps or pushing lanes in, if you're ever 4-5 levels behind you just become a liability unfortunately. You also need to just tailor your builds to the match rather then following a build list because you went sunfire second against an all magic dmg team (ryze, malz, nunu, morg). If that had been a spirit visage then you'd have been a lot scarier in the early fights.

Yea. Like I mentioned. Lost in my role -> panic -> lolwtf is league
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34424 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:16 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 34400, Iecerint wrote:They should have had a "world event" that destabilized the league/institute and ended the league as a system for resolving international conflicts. Then they could carry on and promote trading card games or comics or whatever else in Runeterra. The gameplay would simply all take place prior to that world event.

This would have the same effect without the need for a retcon.

First part's alright, TCG part is kinda eh. I do understand why they decided to scrap that part of the lore, even if I don't necessarily agree with it--Hell, I loved how the unveiling of the Dominion battle area was weaved into the overall plot and story between Demacia and Noxus--and I feel that bemoaning it is a little needless.

However, I AM pissed that the whole "Kat's father is MIA" plot thing and all that which just got cut short by the League newspaper's abrupt cancellation has apparently not been resolved. Granted, I don't really crawl the official LoL site for news about that, but it'd be nice to know if that ever got completed.

Bulge: Buttonmen is right, especially for build-tailoring. That shouldn't be taken as "never build sunfire" because unless the AD is someone like Corki or Kog where some AP scaling goes with their abilities and core items you'll still need something to avoid getting ripped to shreds by the AD, and even for them you have to make sure that they can't just tear you to pieces at their proper spike times (mid game for Corki and late game for Kog). Just make sure that you recognize that it's far more important in the early-midgame to focus on mitigating the majority of the damage (AP, in following TBM's example team) and then start building towards the other when the threat/s that cater to it (AD) start becoming threatening.

(of course, I didn't watch the game so my advice is more generalized, but still.)

P-EDIT: Don't worry, whenever I tried my hand at jungling in S3 I always felt like farming because I normally main ADC. Then again, I don't think Olaf and Volibear are supposed to be ganking champions and instead countergank, so yeah.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.

Return to “The Arcade”