Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:51 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 617, gossamer wings wrote:
In post 450, The Fonz wrote:
This really isn't true though. FT wasn't "whining" about you not answering his question. He was discussing his scumreads with me and the flow of these posts felt quite natural

You're right. Viewing those posts as a flowing conversation between the two of you does give that post a different ring. I was seeing it as 'FT pops up to do nothing other than kvetch about me not answering, when I clearly couldn't have answered.' It can be read as 'Yeah, my read on Fonz is still under review pending an answer.'
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:52 am

Post by The Fonz »

FourT:
your read (or 'read') on Cutty Shark, if you wouldn't mind?
gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:56 am

Post by gossamer wings »

I'm having a slight ping that Nashville dreams saw me give them a town read for the way they were interacting with me earlier and the way they claimed EXPERT status at reading me and decided to capitalize on it. I think it's probably silly but wanted to get it out there. Basically I don't believe for one second they believe the drivel that's been spewed today if they've read my posts.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:58 am

Post by The Fonz »

@Mod: Can you edit the first post to note Anatole's replacing in, please?
gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:01 am

Post by gossamer wings »

In post 616, Nashville Dreams wrote:

5-off could be right or wrong. Being wrong does not mean lying. It is day 1. Unless someone knows something they should not, it's best to scumhunt the hood players individually. It is too early to know Day 1.

See this just proves you are not reading the game.

There is no 5-off could be right or wrong unless you think he just forgot how to read and guessed at what's in his role pm.

He's either telling the truth or lying.

Unless you want to argue that since his role pm said "rumors" it's something that might not be factually true, but you aren't saying that.
gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:02 am

Post by gossamer wings »

Actually that's a decent pint I just made :p
gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:03 am

Post by gossamer wings »

*point, I'm not drinking yet.

If 5-off is telling the truth, "rumors" might just be that, a rumor.
gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:04 am

Post by gossamer wings »

Oh but damn yeah, I still think there's likely scum in the neighborhood, forgot about that.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:05 am

Post by The Fonz »

"There are rumors of infiltration" or whatever, seems to me like standard neighbor language to make clear the members of the neighborhood aren't confirmed town, not necessarily confirming the presence of the scum. But if it were that, I'd expect it in all the neighbor role PMs. This situation confuses me.
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:29 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 609, Nashville Dreams wrote:No. My final answer is you were buddying Baboon. Egging him to vote Four. How hard is it for you to type what you think Baboon and Four fighting is?

I see absolutely no evidence of this

-b
gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:30 am

Post by gossamer wings »

In post 566, I have no creativity wrote:
In post 564, gossamer wings wrote:IKA - Is there a reason beastcharizard is posting all over this site and not coming to this game?

Hes a lazy butt and want to try to mimmic me?

I'm normally fluent in drunk but what does this mean?

Has beast posted in the game or has it been all you?
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:31 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 605, gossamer wings wrote:This will be my last interaction with you unless you prove to me that you are actually reading my posts.

Also, I don't give a flying fuck what you what me to type on the screen. I don't jump because you say so. I don't give opinions on things I don't have yet.

This post was a huge vesperia flashback for me (being I was the one in ND's position then) and has strengthened my read on you

-b
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:34 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 592, FourTrouble wrote:Yes, I think you are wrong. You're saying Baboon is town. I'm saying they're not. You're saying they lack "scum intent." I'm saying the "scum intent" is lynching town (me). You're discounting the "certainty" point because they lack "scum intent." I'm saying you are giving too much weight to "scum intent." This is straight-forward. We disagree on Baboon's alignment. This disagreement stems, it seems, from the amount of weight you're giving to Baboon's seeming "lack of scum intent."

That doesn't mean I'm only interested in your thoughts as a reflection of mine. What I'd love to hear is how Baboon's thought process isn't contrived. I'd love to hear about that. That would actually address MY point. But you're not even addressing what I'm saying. You're giving me this bullshit, "they lack scum intent" response, as if that addresses the points I'm making. Which it doesn't.

I'm pissed off that you're responding this way. It's bullshit. I almost never write out that much shit, and when I do, it fucking sucks to have someone say, "I'm not reading what you wrote because the first 2 lines disagreed with me." No fucking shit they disagreed with you. That's the whole fucking point of making a wall. We disagree on a fundamental level, and I felt like engaging you on a deeper level. But obviously you don't want to do that, you haven't done that all game, and that's fucked up. You're not addressing any of the substantive points I've made, throughout the game. All you've done is skirt around what I'm saying.

I've actually addressed YOUR points directly. When you made a post about Baboon's tone, I agreed that their tone in one of those posts was towny. I gave attention and interest to the things YOU were saying. Have you done that? No. So fuck off with this "you're only interested in my thoughts as a reflection of yours" bullshit.

this post really feels town to me. The anger is because he's being ignored. Scum don't have nearly as much to be angry about when that happens.

-b
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:44 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 626, The Fonz wrote:
FourT:
your read (or 'read') on Cutty Shark, if you wouldn't mind?

Town. I liked his PT/QT point about IHNC, I understand the direction of his questioning, and his response when I skimmed Baboon's meta was dead on. There was one point I didn't understand, when he was questioning Anatole about his word choice (the "likely"/"definitely" issue), but that I don't think that was a huge deal. I trust him for now.
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:46 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 554, Honey bee wrote:And @bork you mean 51? It's voting where your suspicions lie is the problem. I believe the person who taught me this described it as “not voting like a townie” and I promise you many scum are guilty of it. Do you want examples? I can give them to you.

It comes down to how scummy he thought FT was at the time (and rereading #362 is a rather lackluster post-justification for it). Would still prefer we didn't lynch him today at this point.

Although: Fonz I don't ever recall you answering my question about how/why you thought FT's vote was random such that you voted him for it. You also haven't interacted with my slot in any meaningful way the whole game which I guess is kinda weird; you've just kinda called us town for page 1 stuff and ignored both us and IHNC

-b
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:47 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 638, FourTrouble wrote:There was one point I didn't understand, when he was questioning Anatole about his word choice (the "likely"/"definitely" issue), but that I don't think that was a huge deal.

I'm gonna have to defer to skrew for an explanation on this one as it was his line of questioning

-b
gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:48 am

Post by gossamer wings »

In post 636, Cutty Shark wrote:
In post 605, gossamer wings wrote:This will be my last interaction with you unless you prove to me that you are actually reading my posts.

Also, I don't give a flying fuck what you what me to type on the screen. I don't jump because you say so. I don't give opinions on things I don't have yet.

This post was a huge vesperia flashback for me (being I was the one in ND's position then) and has strengthened my read on you

-b

Heh you have no idea.

I'm really trying not to be so bitchy. I just fail at it a lot.
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:13 pm

Post by Nashville Dreams »

In post 634, Cutty Shark wrote:
In post 609, Nashville Dreams wrote:No. My final answer is you were buddying Baboon. Egging him to vote Four. How hard is it for you to type what you think Baboon and Four fighting is?

-b

The post where they said "Nice scumhunting advice". It buddies Baboon and Eggs him on.
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:18 pm

Post by Nashville Dreams »

I lost count and started counting again
One round with Jose Cuervo

Tammy out here all I see is speculation regarding someone being told there is scum in the hood. A 4 player likely has scum in it. If 5 off claims it was his pm, we can go from there.

Since you think the hood has a scum, give a name please.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:19 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 639, Cutty Shark wrote:
In post 554, Honey bee wrote:And @bork you mean 51? It's voting where your suspicions lie is the problem. I believe the person who taught me this described it as “not voting like a townie” and I promise you many scum are guilty of it. Do you want examples? I can give them to you.

It comes down to how scummy he thought FT was at the time (and rereading #362 is a rather lackluster post-justification for it). Would still prefer we didn't lynch him today at this point.

Although: Fonz I don't ever recall you answering my question about how/why you thought FT's vote was random such that you voted him for it. You also haven't interacted with my slot in any meaningful way the whole game which I guess is kinda weird; you've just kinda called us town for page 1 stuff and ignored both us and IHNC

-b

He gave no justification for it, and did not comment on anything else either, indicating not engaging with the game. It's possible he was doing what I was doing - voting, then planning on justifying it later - but if that was the case, it would have been easy enough to unvote.

On you specifically: you're right, you've flown under my radar due to not being a party to any of the arguments I was involved in. (I basically haven't interacted with anyone other than FourT, Anatole, Baboon and Lissa to this point, that's why I've been re-reading, and part of why I asked 4T to assess you - the other was to see how he assessed someone who wasn't actively supporting or attacking him). Looking now reveals that it was actually you, not Baboon as I had thought, who said the 'a thing' thing. (No wonder 4T didn't understand what I was saying :s). You seem to have vote parked on a lurker, which is somewhat scummy - I expect town players who want a lurker lynch to try to make the case, otherwise it just looks like keeping your options open. On the other hand, it seems like you are doing a few things to subtly ascertain alignment including, but not limited to, the thing with asking about the activity of different people in the Hood. I guess I'd give you a cautious town lean.
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 640, Cutty Shark wrote:
In post 638, FourTrouble wrote:There was one point I didn't understand, when he was questioning Anatole about his word choice (the "likely"/"definitely" issue), but that I don't think that was a huge deal.

I'm gonna have to defer to skrew for an explanation on this one as it was his line of questioning

-b

It didn't give me what I wanted, but it gave me more than I expected.

In post 643, Nashville Dreams wrote:Since you think the hood has a scum, give a name please.

Can you cut this shit out please?

Fonz, we voted him because his first post was bad and weird and awkward and scummy and he never rectified that. It's unfortunate that he replaced out, but that doesn't change anything. Saying we're voting him for lurking is just wrong.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 642, Nashville Dreams wrote:
In post 634, Cutty Shark wrote:

-b

The post where they said "Nice scumhunting advice". It buddies Baboon and Eggs him on.

How does that post have anything to do with baboon

-b
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by The Fonz »

And you left the vote on him after he flaked, and it's still there. That's weird. If you were trying to recruit other people to wagon him, I'd have had fewer concerns.

I mean, at the moment, I don't actually see what you think is scummy about Flub's entry, (and it is not like FT's at all). To be clear, I just don't understand at all what Flub was trying to accuse you of in that post - it doesn't make any sense to me - so it's hard for me to glean anything from it in terms of town/scum mindset other than that he's minimally willing to challenge people from the get-go.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:41 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Also, I agree with Borf (and by extension, his hydra) that Tammy's pissed off response to 4T patronizingly telling her how to do this whole 'scumhunting' thing has anything to do with Baboon. Clearly, her motive there was 'I'm annoyed by the way you're talking to me.'
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 647, The Fonz wrote:And you left the vote on him after he flaked, and it's still there. That's weird. If you were trying to recruit other people to wagon him, I'd have had fewer concerns.

I mean, at the moment, I don't actually see what you think is scummy about Flub's entry, (and it is not like FT's at all). To be clear, I just don't understand at all what Flub was trying to accuse you of in that post - it doesn't make any sense to me - so it's hard for me to glean anything from it in terms of town/scum mindset other than that he's minimally willing to challenge people from the get-go.

I'm pretty sure we've both outlined what we thought was scummy about it, but the gist of it was that he clearly read the thread (as he referenced something from the middle), picked out something objectively benign, made a really weak baiting post about it, and ignored everything else.

And it's both 1) That is scummy and 2) I don't see somewhere I'd rather be. My vote would be there if it did.

I mean you're acting like we knew that we'd get absolutely no feedback from his slot from the vote and he'd continue to lurk.

-b

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”