Scumleague Fantasy Football 2014 (Voodoo Dynasty)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:42 am

Post by Nero Cain »

WTF is wrong with Romo? Looks like I shoulda drafted Stanford instead.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:46 am

Post by Nero Cain »

doug martin is sucking it up too
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:00 am

Post by mith »

This is the earliest I have given up on a Cowboys season... I mean, they don't even look that bad, apart from the turnovers. But Romo just looks lost out there.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:07 pm

Post by Wraith »

Micc...you didn't take out Cam Newton...
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:37 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

So Yahoo "Win Percent" things are confusing

It is basically saying the chance of Reggie Bush having less than 0.1 points in a PPR league is three times more likely than Fitzgerald + Detroit Defense scoring 35

It also claims Dwyer has a 3% chance of having a -5.5 or worse day
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:14 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 377, mith wrote:This is the earliest I have given up on a Cowboys season... I mean, they don't even look that bad, apart from the turnovers. But Romo just looks lost out there.

Yeah it was painful to watch that game.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:29 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 371, xRECKONERx wrote:The good: Roddy White/Percy Harvin receiving core seems to be working out splendidly.
The bad: Holy shit NICK FOLES.

#GETRECKED
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:06 am

Post by Micc »

In post 378, Wraith wrote:Micc...you didn't take out Cam Newton...

I took him out in one of my other leagues, but totally forgot I had him on this team too. And now its going to cost me the game....
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:04 am

Post by zoraster »

in my money league i'm having to start Michael Floyd instead of my first round draft pick Calvin Johnson. It does not feel good.

EDIT: Actually, let's see what people think. I've almost certainly lost this week. I'm currently down 40 points. I have my WR slot (Calvin Johnson or Michael Floyd) and QB (Phillip Rivers) left to play. He has his QB slot (Matthew Stafford).

So I have an extremely low outside shot of winning this IF I start Michael Floyd. I'd need a terrible game by Stafford and a great one by both Rivers and Floyd, averaging 20 points per person to make up ground, realistically a 30 point game from Rivers and a 20 point game from Floyd to have a shot.

So this seems pretty damn unlikely, but it's not impossible. I can't start Calvin Johnson and have any realistic hope of winning because any TD by Johnson gets 4 points for Stafford, netting only 2 points and yards would be a net of 0.6 points per 10 yards or 6 points per 100 I think, clearly not enough to get the clearance over Stafford.

So to have any chance of winning, I have to start Floyd.

The alternative is to chalk this game up for what it probably is: a lost cause. In that case I could go for points for, which after Winning Percentage is the tie breaker for playoff seeding. In that case, I should probably start Johnson so that he gets as many points as possible.

If it helps, this league is a 10 teamer with 2 divisions taking the top 2 seeds and 2 wildcard spots. I think this probably makes the tie breaker slightly more likely to decide who goes to the playoffs than a 12 or 14 teamer, but not sure.

A win being the difference between me going to the playoffs and not is higher than points for making that difference, but the likelihood of scoring higher than Floyd with Johnson is much higher than the likelihood of winning.

Anyway, your thoughts please!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

I'd start johnson since floyd won't win it for you. You got better odds stafford gets injuried and Orlavsky throws johnson the ball

The most sure thing you got is that calvin will score alot, go with the sure thing over a risk in fantasy. After all you may loose other weeks and need calvins points even more to make up for them.

week 1 < rest of season. I'd afford the loss
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:12 am

Post by Wraith »

So this seems pretty damn unlikely, but it's not impossible. I can't start Calvin Johnson and have any realistic hope of winning because any TD by Johnson gets 4 points for Stafford, netting only 2 points and yards would be a net of 0.6 points per 10 yards or 6 points per 100 I think, clearly not enough to get the clearance over Stafford.

This is terrible logic. You not starting Johnson doesn't prevent Stafford from getting points, it just means you don't benefit from Stafford getting TDs off Johnson. Don't sit your studs.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:55 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

He doesn't mean that it prevents Stafford from getting points, just that there is a strong link between Johnson having a good game and Stafford having a good game, making it unlikely that he'd make up much ground to his opponent even if Johnson goes nuts, whereas there is no link between Floyd having a good game and Stafford having a good game. If Johnson has 120 yards and two touchdowns (which is probably the kind of game he needs), that's all going on Stafford's line too. In order for Johnson to have a huge game and Stafford to score very low, which would be essential for him to overcome a 40 point deficit, he basically needs Stafford to throw a few picks and have almost no production outside of what he throws to Johnson. What he really needs is for the Lions to be awful and Floyd/Rivers to be great.

Of course, the chance of winning is incredibly slim, so I'd just accept the loss and see how many points Johnson scores for tiebreaker purposes.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:59 am

Post by zoraster »

In post 384, PokerFace wrote:I'd start johnson since floyd won't win it for you. You got better odds stafford gets injuried and Orlavsky throws johnson the ball

The most sure thing you got is that calvin will score alot, go with the sure thing over a risk in fantasy. After all you may loose other weeks and need calvins points even more to make up for them.

week 1 < rest of season. I'd afford the loss

Yeah, I'm leaning this way too. The point about stafford getting hurt is a good one, though that would be TERRIBLE for my season overall given Calvin Johnson.

In post 385, Wraith wrote:

This is terrible logic. You not starting Johnson doesn't prevent Stafford from getting points, it just means you don't benefit from Stafford getting TDs off Johnson. Don't sit your studs.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I'm not saying that Stafford has a bad game because I don't start Johnson, obviously.

What I'm saying is that I need to make up major ground. And the only way that Calvin Johnson gets points in this scenario is that Stafford does too (unless for some reason Calvin Johnson starts running the ball). In other words, Johnson's points are highly correlated to Stafford's. Johnson can outscore Stafford for sure, but it'll take a lot of yards or even more TDs to make up that distance. If Stafford performs poorly, Johnson is unlikely to do well. If Johnson does well, Stafford is likely to have done well too. Get it?

Whereas it's perfectly possible for Michael Floyd to have a great game and Stafford not to.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Considering Andre Ellington's situation I am really glad I made that Frank Gore draft pick. I thought picking RBs heavy early was bad when i saw WR options i had during/after the draft but looking at things now and considering my yahoo draft rating, I'm really glad i did what I did

Gore and forte's byes are 8 and 9. Ellington's is week 4. He should be 100% by gore's bye week

Brandon cooks and Wallace should work with Allen as my receiving options
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Just so no one gets the wrong idea I honestly hope Stafford and Johnson do well and meant that injury comment truly in jest as wishing bad on someone is bad, and well honestly the odds probably are the same there
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:07 pm

Post by Juls »

In post 389, PokerFace wrote:Just so no one gets the wrong idea I honestly hope Stafford and Johnson do well and meant that injury comment truly in jest as wishing bad on someone is bad, and well honestly the odds probably are the same there

I always wish injuries on people. But only little things like turftoe or cramps. :) ---or dehydration (says the owner of Dez Bryant). Is it bad for me to wish that Kenan Allen has a 24 hour bug?
-------------------------------------
Juls
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by zoraster »

Well I played Johnson, and looks like that was a good call. No way I'd have won either way, so might as well take the 28.5 points vs. the 14 or whatever floyd is likely to give at the upside.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:04 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

Is there a link to the leagues somewhere? I enjoy watching people play and it would be a good chance for me to learn how to play Yahoo rather than ESPN.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 381, T-Bone wrote:
In post 371, xRECKONERx wrote:The good: Roddy White/Percy Harvin receiving core seems to be working out splendidly.
The bad: Holy shit NICK FOLES.

#GETRECKED

Yeah I'll be undergoing some changes here shortly
green shirt thursdays
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:12 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 390, Juls wrote:
In post 389, PokerFace wrote:Just so no one gets the wrong idea I honestly hope Stafford and Johnson do well and meant that injury comment truly in jest as wishing bad on someone is bad, and well honestly the odds probably are the same there

I always wish injuries on people. But only little things like turftoe or cramps. :) ---or dehydration (says the owner of Dez Bryant). Is it bad for me to wish that Kenan Allen has a 24 hour bug?

Dez got a severe case of Ain't-Nobody-Got-Time-For-This-Quarterback, not dehydration.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:13 pm

Post by zoraster »

the two sites are very similar, beast. The biggest difference is that Yahoo uses three WR instead of 2 but doesn't use a flex. There are some small scoring differences, but they're not really things you're likely to pay much attention to (e.g. interceptions are -1 point in yahoo, -2 in ESPN, defenses don't use yards allowed as a measurement in yahoo whereas they do in ESPN).
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:19 pm

Post by zoraster »

i'm going to lose my money league by 31.8 points, but I would have beaten every other team in the league this week. I would have beaten all but one team by at least 10 points. Ah luck, you fickle thing. Hopefully I get one of those 68-63 wins in compensation.

Glad to win my first League 1 matchup!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 396, zoraster wrote:Glad to win my first League 1 matchup!

stop gloating, asshole. :(

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 395, zoraster wrote:The biggest difference is that Yahoo uses three WR instead of 2 but doesn't use a flex. There are some small scoring differences, but they're not really things you're likely to pay much attention to (e.g. interceptions are -1 point in yahoo, -2 in ESPN, defenses don't use yards allowed as a measurement in yahoo whereas they do in ESPN).

all that can be changed though I'd think.

Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:34 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 396, zoraster wrote:
Glad to win my first League
3 matchup!