Open 566: Murder on the Oriental Express (Game Over)

TobyLoby
TobyLoby
Goon
TobyLoby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:31 pm

Post by TobyLoby »

In post 348, scrambles wrote:in my experience, scum like to ramp townies up til the edge and then bus other townies to make for easy combos.

I think you're confusing this game with mortal kombat battle moves
TobyLoby
TobyLoby
Goon
TobyLoby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:36 pm

Post by TobyLoby »

scrambles, I have a woman avatar. where is that town read?!??!?
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:49 am

Post by scrambles »

Yeah but its not as sexy as nakedjoggers.
stop fishing for compliments. Pfft. Women.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:59 am

Post by scrambles »

I dont think people who are reasonably suspicious are ever mafia. Reasonably suspicious lynches deny all culpability to the lyncher. Safe lynches are never good lunches. I prefer something unsafe, like Beli.

In regard to bussing, i already explained it so hopefully that was sufficient. Chaos doesnt appear that bad to me. Mr blonde thought so, but I honestly cant see what the problem was. Seems like just normal t ownplay to me. A normal town SHOULD be somewhat suspicious and make some mistakes.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:05 am

Post by acryon »

In post 353, scrambles wrote:I dont think people who are reasonably suspicious are ever mafia. Reasonably suspicious lynches deny all culpability to the lyncher. Safe lynches are never good lunches. I prefer something unsafe, like Beli.

In regard to bussing, i already explained it so hopefully that was sufficient. Chaos doesnt appear that bad to me. Mr blonde thought so, but I honestly cant see what the problem was. Seems like just normal t ownplay to me. A normal town SHOULD be somewhat suspicious and make some mistakes.

I don't know that normal town SHOULD make some mistakes. For instance, I look back at my previous posts before I post to make sure I'm not messing up, because me messing up as town is bad for town. Not only can I throw things off, but then I draw suspicion to me and away from the real scum. It is in town's best interests to play as safe and tight as mafia are trying to.
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:09 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

In post 351, TobyLoby wrote:scrambles, I have a woman avatar. where is that town read?!??!?

In post 352, scrambles wrote:Yeah but its not as sexy as nakedjoggers.
stop fishing for compliments. Pfft. Women.

I'd fuck my avatar's face too, but I wouldn't mind Toby's licking my balls while I do it.

Skelda, why so defeatist?
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:01 am

Post by scrambles »

@acryon.
I dont think there is really one perfect strategy for everyone.
not making mistakes certainly helps, but its not like its going to matter because SOMEONE is going to make mistakes regardless.
Anyway this is meta so whatever.
its my way of reading people.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:03 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 353, scrambles wrote:I dont think people who are reasonably suspicious are ever mafia. Reasonably suspicious lynches deny all culpability to the lyncher. Safe lynches are never good lunches. I prefer something unsafe, like Beli.

He's not even defending his actions and he thought scum was part of the push but he votes naked jogger. How much sense does that make?

In post 354, acryon wrote:

I don't know that normal town SHOULD make some mistakes. For instance, I look back at my previous posts before I post to make sure I'm not messing up, because me messing up as town is bad for town. Not only can I throw things off, but then I draw suspicion to me and away from the real scum. It is in town's best interests to play as safe and tight as mafia are trying to.

I don't always look. Many times I have to correct myself and I don't think anyone but scum would do it on purpose. I look at how a case is presented and if it makes sense, what players look to be hiding during conversations and my gut for scum hunting.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:12 am

Post by acryon »

In post 357, farside22 wrote:

He's not even defending his actions and he thought scum was part of the push but he votes naked jogger. How much sense does that make?

In post 354, acryon wrote:

I don't always look. Many times I have to correct myself and I don't think anyone but scum would do it on purpose. I look at how a case is presented and if it makes sense, what players look to be hiding during conversations and my gut for scum hunting.

Just to be clear, I don't think that only scum makes mistakes. In an ideal world they wouldn't, but town makes plenty of mistakes. All I am saying is that making mistakes and being suspicious don't have to be definitive characteristics of town.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:13 am

Post by scrambles »

I just think chaos is too easy.
im willing to back off beli, but right now, my schedule is full, I mistakenly got into 5 mafia games, and im really going to need a better case presented than what my gut is telling me.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:15 am

Post by scrambles »

@acryon
oh I see what your saying.
I think you've misunderstood.
im not saying he's town because he's made mistakes. Im theorizing that he's made himself a good target, enough so that he's valuable as a wasted role/future mislynch etc.
He's an orgy of evidence imo
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:20 am

Post by acryon »

In post 360, scrambles wrote:@acryon
oh I see what your saying.
I think you've misunderstood.
im not saying he's town because he's made mistakes. Im theorizing that he's made himself a good target, enough so that he's valuable as a wasted role/future mislynch etc.
He's an orgy of evidence imo

I agree completely. And I also wouldn't be particularly happy with a chaos lynch today.
TobyLoby
TobyLoby
Goon
TobyLoby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:26 am

Post by TobyLoby »

He's valuable as a future mislynch? What? I don't think Chaos has made himself particularly anything. People talk about Chaos and his wagon being something to look into but I'm not seeing the votes constructed that way. It's all bs.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:43 am

Post by acryon »

In post 362, TobyLoby wrote:He's valuable as a future mislynch? What? I don't think Chaos has made himself particularly anything. People talk about Chaos and his wagon being something to look into but I'm not seeing the votes constructed that way. It's all bs.

Maybe I am misunderstanding, but I took it as him saying Chaos is valuable to
scum
as a future mislynch, which I agree with. The best thing for scum is keeping people around that town is generally suspicious of. I don't think it was intentional, but certainly his early comments read as scum to people very quickly. This is great for scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:51 am

Post by farside22 »

And chaos hasn't come back. Hasn't scum hunted. Used ranmon(? Sorry if I'm misspelling this) point and called out naked.
I'm not thrilled with skelda's vote on bel. I don't get where that came from at all.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:56 am

Post by acryon »

In post 364, farside22 wrote:I'm not thrilled with skelda's vote on bel. I don't get where that came from at all.

Meh, if you look at his ISO you can see the progression. For what it's worth I also feel scummy on Beli.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:58 am

Post by farside22 »

Something just hit me.

Skelda: please explain why you are voting bel?
Last I checked your reads were here.

In post 174, Skelda wrote:
In post 172, Belisarius wrote:
In post 132, TobyLoby wrote:I look at this and go, would scum be so flippant?

Yep!

God I loved that game.

UNVOTE:

You are clearly talented scum, so we should keep our eyes on you, but this is too Townie to ignore.

My top scumread is probably Chaos, but he has a lot of votes and so I'm not sure I want to join the horde. My top townreads are A.F.F. and NJ. A.F.F. because she is just town and Naked for his unique reads.

In post 279, Skelda wrote:Well, CMK, I don't think having townreads is particularly suspicious and townreads can be useful because they tell you who not to lynch. But I'm obviously a bit biased. You are very good at making convincing cases though. I might be convinced if I didn't know you were wrong.

But you see, having a lot of strong townreads on people gives you fewer scum options right there, and in a game where I don't have a whole lot of strong scumreads, if I have a townread I'm going to say something. Right now I'm feeling RoyalApe, Dry-fit, Toby, and/or Mr_Blonde for scum because pretty much everyone else has at some point given me something that feels genuine. Isn't finding town a valid way to find scum? I think townreading is easier than scumreading. AND both Dry-fit and Mr_Blonde are on the Chaos wagon, which is, as far as I'm concerned, a scummy place to be.

In post 345, Skelda wrote:VOTE: Beli I guess. I dunno, if I'm going to be lynched I guess I wouldn't have a huge objection to it being today. What I do not want to do is survive by a thread and then hang around as an easy mislynch for the rest of the game.

CKD, I'm sorry I don't act Town enough for you then. I'm honestly not sure what I was thinking at the time of that post, but I was just addressing his points and not paying attention to whether or not he was scum. And I mean, that's horrible obviously. That's just poor play on my part. I really hate when you have a case built up against you that has plenty of valid points, if it weren't for the fact that you were Town.

But like I said, I really see myself being lynched at some point anyway. I'm really glad I wasn't scum this game because then you would have been right.

So where did bel scum read come from?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:59 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 365, acryon wrote:
In post 364, farside22 wrote:I'm not thrilled with skelda's vote on bel. I don't get where that came from at all.

Meh, if you look at his ISO you can see the progression. For what it's worth I also feel scummy on Beli.

Let me know what I missed. I think I saw one with bel's name on it but I got to get back to work.
TobyLoby
TobyLoby
Goon
TobyLoby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:04 am

Post by TobyLoby »

In post 316, Skelda wrote:
In post 312, farside22 wrote:I'm rethinking my Toby scum read.
Sometime I think she's just asking questions to look productive, then I read this page and I wonder if she just doesn't post thoughts all the time.

Skelda: why did you vote for Toby?

She was just someone who I didn't get particularly Town vibes from and I really didn't like the people who had votes. I am really not confident that she is scum, though.

Of the people with votes, I am most likely to go back to Beli. I really do not think that Chaos is scum. I guess I could see acryon, not really sure. But I am not in the mood to die Day 1 again.

At the bottom. Not a read exactly, but there is a build up to the vote.

farside, what are your thoughts on my post 325 about Skelda?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:06 am

Post by acryon »

In post 367, farside22 wrote:
In post 365, acryon wrote:

Let me know what I missed. I think I saw one with bel's name on it but I got to get back to work.

These are the main ones to me:
In post 316, Skelda wrote:
Of the people with votes, I am most likely to go back to Beli.

In post 174, Skelda wrote:
You
[Belisaurus]
are clearly talented scum, so we should keep our eyes on you, but this is too Townie to ignore.

Sounds like he was pretty back and forth on Beli and even in his town-reads of him, was pretty unsure.

I still think it's worth questioning, but I don't think it was as big of a jump as it may seem at first glance.
TobyLoby
TobyLoby
Goon
TobyLoby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:11 am

Post by TobyLoby »

Skelda is very consistent. I can't find inconsistencies with him.

I haven't said much about Chaos, but I have no good read on him aside from some possible association with scrambles. I did some meta research and he has about one scum game and it didn't reveal much to me. I guess I can see his vote on farside being some concerned townie but idk. I really don't know what to think about him.

Acyron, what makes Skelda and his replies seem scummy to you?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:17 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

In post 348, scrambles wrote:Hos curious
I definitely did not say anything about chaos being scum. You are putting words in my mouth and trying to shame me into voting him.
in my experience, scum like to ramp townies up til the edge and then bus other townies to make for easy combos.

In post 339, scrambles wrote:

Anyway, that chaos lynch was disbanded a little too easily for my liking. I feel like there's some biasing going on.
I currently dont like belisarius at all for that "derp, I have no scumreads" comment.

Did I misunderstand this statement?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:20 am

In post 345, Skelda wrote:VOTE: Beli I guess. I dunno, if I'm going to be lynched I guess I wouldn't have a huge objection to it being today. What I do not want to do is survive by a thread and then hang around as an easy mislynch for the rest of the game.

This is so bad….this counter wagon is crap..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:22 am

In post 348, scrambles wrote: Both chaos and skelda do the reasonably suspicious profile. Imo those are bad lynches.

they are suspicious but not worth a vote...but lets vote Bel, who provides 0 information with a flip..

(ALARMS)...this is a bad wagon..seriously.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
TobyLoby
TobyLoby
Goon
TobyLoby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:23 am

Post by TobyLoby »

it does make you question how someone (who they don't think his scum) wagon got disbanded a little too easily

Return to “Completed Open Games”