8. Ika
    Brian Skies*

9. Anatole Kuragin

10. Mantisdreamz

11. Jingle

12. Kthxbye

13. shaddowez

Bold
= Means that player has confirmed their role.
Astericks (*)
= How many times that player was prodded.

Alive

Spoiler:
  • 2. MC Maraca
    4. Wolfy
    6. Rogue
    7. Albert B. Rampage
    8. Ika
    9. Anatole Kuragin
    11. Jingle
    12. Kthxbye
    13. shadowwez

Dead

Spoiler:
Mantisdreamz, Doctor Eric Foreman (Town Neurologist)
, Lynched
Day 1

Bert, Doctor Jessica Adams (Vanilla Townie)
, Arrested
Night 1

Debonair Danny DiPietro, Edward Vogler (Mafia Goon)
, Lynched
Day 2

Beck, Doctor Chris Taub (Vanilla Townie)
, Killed
Night 2

Kicked out for suggesting Lupus (Modkilled)

Spoiler:
No one, let's keep it that way.

Current Game Status

• Game is currently in Day 3!
  • Deadline is Sunday, October 26th, 2014, at 7:00PM PST

Patient Charts (Disease History)

Spoiler:
List of Diseases seen

• Sepsis (Autoimmune Disease)
    (Player: Beck)

• Necrotizing Fascitis (Bacterial Infection)
    (Player: Wolfy)

Day 1 Patient:
Beck

Day 2 Patient:
Wolfy

Day 3 Patient:
None

Important Game Links

VoteCounts

Last edited by Venmar on Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:04 pm, edited 19 times in total.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:48 am

Post by Venmar »

GAME RULES:

Voting, Lynching, and Deadlines

• Votes must be bolded in one of two ways:
    Vote: Venmar
    or VOTE: Venmar. If they are not bolded, they will not be counted, and I will inform you of your error so you can correct it.
  • Unvotes are not required. If you use unvotes, bold them much like normal votes. Either
    Unvote: Venmar
    or UNVOTE: Venmar.
  • Nicknames are allowed when voting so long as I can easily decipher who you are referring to.
  • In order for a lynch to occur, a majority of votes must be reached. A majority is one half of the living players plus one.
  • No Lynches are allowed. The same voting rules apply to voting for a No Lynch (i.e. bolded, majority must be reached).
  • Once a voting decision is made, and the final majority vote is placed, no amount of unvoting will prevent this action from occurring – even if I am not online at the time of the final vote.
  • If a majority is not reached by deadline, there will be a no lynch.
  • Deadlines for each game day are 2 weeks long. Deadline extensions will only be granted under extreme circumstances. Deadline extensions will not exceed five days.
  • Once a lynch has been made, the game enters twilight. All players who were alive before the lynch (including the newly lynched player) may continue posting until I am available to lock the thread and post the lynch scene.
  • Once you die, you are no longer allowed to post until end-game (excluding the scenario above).
  • “Bah” posts are not allowed. Once you’re dead, you’re dead.
  • Nights will last 2-3 days. They will not be cut short even if all actions are submitted.
  • Night actions may be submitted via QuickTopic (if you have one) or PM. If you do not wish to submit an action, let me know by saying, “No Action.”
  • If an action is not submitted by night’s deadline, it will be taken as a No Action.

Prods, Replacements, and Modkills

• Prods will be issued via PM.
  • Prods will be sent after a player has not posted in game for approximately forty-eight hours (unless you have notified me that you will be V/LA).
  • If there is not a response to the prod in approximately twenty-four hours, I will begin searching for a replacement. If you respond before I find a replacement, you are allowed to continue playing.
  • Once a player receives three prods, I will begin searching for a replacement. Even if they return before I find a replacement, they will not get another chance to continue playing.
  • I would appreciate it if you would post in-thread (even if you have it set in your control panel) or PM me when you will be V/LA (Vacation/Limited Access). If I believe your V/LA will last too long, I will replace you.
  • If you feel the need to request a replacement, please PM me doing so. If I consider the reasons very selfish, I may deem it fit that you must find a replacement for me.
  • If you break any of these rules, I reserve the right to replace or modkill you.
  • If you are modkilled for breaking one of these rules, it will be done in a manner that hurts your faction. (i.e. if you’re town, day will end. If you are scum, day will continue). You will also be turned into a neutral survivor, so you are unable to claim a victory or loss.
  • If I make an error that could break the game, I reserve the right to replace or modkill you. If it is an error on my part, you and your faction will not be punished.

General

• The Mafia Scum Rules apply in this game, as well as my own. If any of them contradict, please feel free to notify me.
  • Under no circumstances are you allowed to contact a player within this game while this game is ongoing, unless your Role PM states otherwise.
  • Personal feuds are not allowed, and if they get out of hand, I will force-replace or modkill the offenders.
  • Quoting anything from me (including Role PM’s) that is said outside of this game thread is prohibited. Pretending to quote something is prohibited, as well. Paraphrasing is allowed.
  • Bold
    all requests to me, so it is less likely for me to miss them. If the topic you wish to discuss is personal or has to do with a serious mod error (one that could break the game), please address me via PM.
  • Editing or deleting posts is not allowed. You shouldn’t have this ability to begin with, but if you do, do not use it.
  • Do not use ridiculously small, invisible, or encrypted text.
  • Bolded Blue (#0080BF) is my color. Don’t use it.

• I will try to provide a vote count on every page.
  • As the moderator of this game, I reserve the right to change, add, or remove any of these rules at any time. I also reserve the right to replace or modkill any offenders, with or without a warning.

Etiquette

• Vulgar language is allowed; however, excessive amounts (to the point where you’re trying to be vulgar) are not. I will warn you if you become unnecessarily crude. If you continue, I will modkill or replace you.
  • If anyone has a problem with vulgar language, feel free to PM me about it, and I will make any necessary changes to the above rule in order to accommodate your wishes.
  • Please don’t go missing without informing me first.
  • If you are getting angry with someone, take a break and relax. It’s just a game. Don’t make it personal.
  • Be mature. We aren’t in elementary school anymore. Use your big-boy words if you’re in an argument.

Disease and Infection MechanicAs mentioned, the game will feature a disease mechanic. For those who have played in my other games, Left 4 Dead Mafia and the Walking Dead Mafia in particular, will recognize a couple of this mechanics attributes and characteristics as similar to those. House M.D is a show of doctors, surgeons, and all manner of other medical personnel who spend their days attending to and saving patients who are struck ill by diseases. During the day, there will always be a chance that a
random
player in the game will get infected by some form of disease. Those who are affected, will be put through a series of symptoms that match the disease that they were infected with. All diseases will have one or more late-stage symptoms (the serious ones near the end/death) that will impair some sort of day-function of the infected player to mirror their infected state. Since there are so many different diseases, the progression and lethality of an infected player will always be different and vary on what they got infected by!

Certain players in the game, however, may or may not be equipped with certain tools to combat these nasty diseases! Players will find themselves with tools to try and diagnose what is wrong with those infected. Infected players will showcase specific symptoms upon infection (ex, Cough, Sneezing, Headaches, etc) that I will periodically state in game as the infected players disease progresses. Later on in their infection, untreated players will showcase more serious symptoms (ex, Pneumonia, Seizures, Strokes, Coma, Organ Failure, Blindness/Deafness/Muteness, etc) that will impair the players behavior during the day, acting as light post restrictions. No post restriction will be bastard, tedious, or annoying in nature, and will rather serve as practical post restrictions, usually the inability to post too much, short posts, unable to post for a day or 2, etc. While lethal to the infected player, these symptoms will prove valuable to certain players, who, if they can properly diagnose the player based off their showcased symptoms and their condition, will be able to make a concrete diagnosis and cure the infected player! Every disease in the game will prove lethal in its endgame stages. All Diseases will also be curable/diagnosable. All of those that are infected can be saved. The question is, how will you and your fellow players combat, react to, and make use of the mechanic?

It's important to know that disease and infection does not discriminate! The mechanic is global both in definition and functionality, and has a chance to infect either no one in a given day, or 1 player in a single day. This means, players of any and all alignments can contract the disease. Players can use this to weight into their decision making on whether or not a player is worth saving/diagnosing based on their value and play. You can be cold like that!
If you have
any
questions, feel free to ask me and I will answer if I can!
Last edited by Venmar on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:14 am

Post by Venmar »

Sample Vanilla Townie Role PMWelcome to House Mafia! You are
Doctor Chi Park,
a member of the
Town!

"And if you live? You didn't just burn bridges, you torched, nuked and salted the Earth. "

Town Vanilla Townie

• Day Power:
    During the day, you may vote and converse as normal.
  • Ability - None:
    As a Vanilla Townie, you unfortunately do not have a night action.
  • Win Condition:
    You win when there are no threats to the town left alive.
  • Note:
    Please do not cheat and please follow my rules, thank you.

Please Confirm your role via PM

---

Update 1: I now have all of the Role PM's finished and assigned. I will begin sending out Role PM's shortly.
Update 2: All Pm's are out! Waiting for confirmations for now! Game will start ASAP when at least 11/13 players have confirmed.
Update 3: I will be going out shortly for most of the day. The game will likely start tomorrow or late today in the afternoon/night when I get home and the confirmations are in.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:55 am

Post by Venmar »

Everyone files into the hospital, still tired from their sleep but nonetheless ready for the day to begin. People part their ways, go to their offices, get coffee, check the clinic, check up on their patients, everyone goes by their usually routine. As they convene for their daily meeting, the 13 of them sit at the big table and stop when they see a briefcase in the middle of the room. You all find that the briefcase contains a note, it says,

"Watch your backs, this hospital is due for a cleanout"

You look at each other, dumbfounded at what that meant. Some took it as a life threat, some took it as a sign that they were all due for bad omen. You all sit down, ready to talk this through, when
Beck
all of the sudden clutches his chest and falls into the table violently. Everyone rushes to help him up, but once on his feet, he once again trips and falls down. Beck keeps clutching his chest in dismay, frantically looking at the people in this room, "I think my heart... it's beating strangely". He gulps and wipes sweat off his brow with weakness, barely able to suddenly move on a normal pace. He looks up, his senses ringing, "Whats wrong with me?"

Beck
has been inflicted by an unknown disease Day 1. He presented
Irregular Heart Rhythm, Disorientation,
and
Fatigue.
His condition has stabilized for the time being, however his symptoms persist for the time being.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:55 am

Post by Venmar »

12/13 People have confirmed! Day 1 has now begun! Deadline will be in 2 weeks, on September 24th ( Wednesday )

Current Patient: Beck

Current Condition:

• Stable

• Alive

Presented Symptoms:

• Irregular Heart Rhythm
  • Disorientation
  • Fatigue

Current In-Game effects:

• None

Life Threatened at this time?

• No

Votecount 1.0

[0] Beck:

[0] MC Maraca:

[0] Grandi:

[0] Wolfy:

[0] Debonair Danny DiPietro:

[0] Rogue:

[0] Albert B. Rampage:

[0] Brian Skies:

[0] Anatole Kuragin:

[0] MantisDreamz:

[0] Jingle:

[0] Kthxbye:

[0] Shaddowez:

Not Voting (13):

• Beck, MC Maraca, Grandi, Wolfy, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Rogue, Albert B. Rampage, Brian Skies, Anatole Kuragin, Mantisdreamz, Jingle, Kthxbye, shaddowez

Deadline:

• Wednesday, September 24th, 2014

Mod Notes:

• With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
  • Grandi is still yet to confirm.

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:39 am

Post by Beck »

Shit, figures I'd be the one who gets sick.

vote:rampage

We don't need any rampage in this game
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:17 am

Post by Wolfy »

VOTE: Debonair Danny DiPietro
I don't want to type that again
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:20 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

probably lupis RIP beck
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:21 am

Do you use any drugs beck?
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:24 am

Post by MC Maraca »

I'm at the top of my class. I am a great doctor, pretty as well

VOTE: Rouge
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:37 am

Hmm having trouble diagnosing - we should send chase and cameron to break into his house and look through all his stuff.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:45 am

Post by Beck »

In post 8, Anatole Kuragin wrote:Do you use any drugs beck?

Not anymore
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:47 am

Have you been to any exotic locales recently?
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:56 am

Post by Beck »

Nope
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:05 am

Post by Cabd »

Egopost.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:26 am

Post by Jingle »

VOTE: Anatole

Do you plan on fluffposting all game?

The symptoms so far sound like a heart problem to me, so diagnosticians related to the cardiac system might be useful right now.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:34 am

In post 15, Jingle wrote:VOTE: Anatole

Do you plan on fluffposting all game?

The symptoms so far sound like a heart problem to me, so diagnosticians related to the cardiac system might be useful right now.

Do you plan on being a poor doctor all game?

It's obvious that this isn't a heart issue. Do you even watch ER?
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:12 am

Post by shaddowez »

VOTE: kthxbye

The name says it all.

Beck, what medicines are you taking that you've lied to us about not taking?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:16 am

Post by Brian Skies »

My prayers go to you and your family, Beck. With our team of brilliant doctors, you might need it.

Vote: Rogue

A vote for Notty is a vote for justice.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:17 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 16, Anatole Kuragin wrote:Do you even watch ER?

No.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:19 am

In post 19, Jingle wrote:
In post 16, Anatole Kuragin wrote:Do you even watch ER?

No.

A lot of help you're going to be...
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:19 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I thought this game was based on House. Which should mean Beck needs to reach a state of near death before any clear diagnosis can be made. I don't even know if he's worth saving yet.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:20 am

In post 21, Brian Skies wrote:I thought this game was based on House. Which should mean Beck needs to reach a state of near death before any clear diagnosis can be made. I don't even know if he's worth saving yet.

We just need to know who wilson is so that we can have a seemingly irrelevant conversation with him that leads to an epiphany about the patient's ailment every single time.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:22 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:25 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 21, Brian Skies wrote:I thought this game was based on House. Which should mean Beck needs to reach a state of near death before any clear diagnosis can be made. I don't even know if he's worth saving yet.

Isn't the moral of that show that none of the patients are worth saving?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”