Mini 1611: Wet Fever Dream Mafia. Ended.

Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:17 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

I break promises all the time so don't take that as a trust tell
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:17 am

Now that we know the setting will be sexy hamlet fever dreams, can we remove the poll? it's so big
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:19 am

Post by ZazieR »

In post 16, KingdomAces wrote:
In post 1, Bicephalous Bob wrote:You win if you are the first player to be lynched.

Um, nope. I'm sure there are ways to ensure that the Jester isn't lynched, but no lynching isn't one of them.

Anything besides scumhunting?
Ignore the ''R''
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: I don't know why you're linking me to pictures of babies on Facebook

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:02 am

Post by Bicephalous Bob »

In post 23, Who wrote:
In post 22, Anatole Kuragin wrote:wait, the mafia only lose nightkills if someone besides the jester is lynched right? so they would still be able to nightkill if we no lynch?

In sadomafiachism the mafia could only kill if the jester is lynched.

There is an easy way to deal with this:
@Mod
Does the jester still commit suicide if we no-lynch?
Do the mafia still lose their n1 NK if we no-lynch?

A no lynch isn't a lynch (it's the opposite, in fact) so no to both:

If he isn't the first player to be lynched, your faction won't be able to perform a factional kill the night following the first lynch.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:05 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

My vote stays. I'm willing to push this wagon.
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:07 am

Post by jon_h61 »

If I've read the Jester's Role PM right, it says,
if
the Jester is the
first
lynch then they win. It doesn't say what Day the first lynch has to be on. So No Lynch won't solve our problems so easily.

pedit Even the Mod says so. :lol:

I noticed it right after TSO posted, but I was hoping someone would say something that'd give away their alignment.
That
didn't work like I'd hoped it would. I think it was another case of hoping to break the game, but those rarely work out. I guess we're still going to have to slaughter scum the old fashioned way, with good quality scum hunting.

@ TSO Did you realize that the Jester's PM says "the first lynch"? My way of thinking is only the Jester or scum, or misguided Town would actually push for a No Lynch. I'm not ready to put TSO in the Jester or scum slots, but I feel he has a strike already he'll have to overcome before I Town read him.

Anatole sounds a little scummy, he's another I want to keep close tabs on.
@ Anatole Why do you feel you'll be mislynched if we don't lynch the Jester? I don't see the correlation.

Ika sounds proud of his Role PM. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not?

Who's going to win the best Ace race?

Everyone else needs to come join in the fun, I don't have anything, not even initial reads on anyone else yet. Well, maybe a slight Town read on Who.

UNVOTE:

Since I didn't use a random vote, I'm out of RVS, and ready to start stringing up scum. I don't have long, I have this huge target on my back. I'm asking Town to help me out, and since I'm part of Town, and doing my part to help us win, maybe we can make short work of those scummie scums.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:13 am

In post 30, jon_h61 wrote:
@ Anatole Why do you feel you'll be mislynched if we don't lynch the Jester? I don't see the correlation.

That was me volunteering to be mislynched if there are no other good options. keep up the good work though columbo
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:34 am

Post by ZazieR »

In post 31, Anatole Kuragin wrote:

That was me volunteering to be mislynched if there are no other good options. keep up the good work though columbo

Vote: Anatole
Ignore the ''R''
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:46 am

Post by T S O »

@ TSO Did you realize that the Jester's PM says "the first lynch"? My way of thinking is only the Jester or scum, or misguided Town would actually push for a No Lynch. I'm not ready to put TSO in the Jester or scum slots, but I feel he has a strike already he'll have to overcome before I Town read him.

Alternatively, I got my role PM, which -wasn't- a Jester/scum PM, and then I pushed this angle because I didn't actually read the rules/the roles.

I have no idea how I'm getting a "strike" for what is a borderline towntell.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:49 am

Post by T S O »

Okay, so I'm pretty sure there's an easy way to break this set-up by randomness, but I don't want to talk about that until late d1 where it'll actually be time for it.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:57 am

Post by KingdomAces »

Jon, you probably shouldn't be just saying everything that comes to mind, because that gives scum the option to just agree with the IC. Not that I actually know how to play that role despite having some variant rather frequently, but...

About Anatole, due to jester WIFOM it would probably be best to just assume that we shouldn't lynch him for now. As much as I like reading into WIFOM, the risks here are just too great.

Zazie, with all these obv not jesters around I don't think we really need anything more than scumhunting. Also if worst comes to worst we can just lynch Jon. Letting the jester win would still probably be better than that, but it's still an option.

Also, I believe TSO when he says he didn't realize it.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:07 am

In post 32, ZazieR wrote:

You don't have to quote anything for RVS votes, fyi
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:10 am

Post by ZazieR »

In post 35, KingdomAces wrote:Jon, you probably shouldn't be just saying everything that comes to mind, because that gives scum the option to just agree with the IC. Not that I actually know how to play that role despite having some variant rather frequently, but...

About Anatole, due to jester WIFOM it would probably be best to just assume that we shouldn't lynch him for now. As much as I like reading into WIFOM, the risks here are just too great.

Zazie, with all these obv not jesters around I don't think we really need anything more than scumhunting. Also if worst comes to worst we can just lynch Jon. Letting the jester win would still probably be better than that, but it's still an option.

Also, I believe TSO when he says he didn't realize it.

So you're leaving Anatole alone due to WIFOM, but you see Jon as lynch-option in worst case? If you think Anatole could be scum or jester just discuss him. This is a bad post.
And TSO didn't bother me. Till he himself says that what he did was a towntell. And that's showing he thought about how it would come across.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:11 am

Post by ZazieR »

In post 36, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
In post 32, ZazieR wrote:

You don't have to quote anything for RVS votes, fyi

;)
Ignore the ''R''
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:48 am

Post by jon_h61 »

I'm sure the Jester would never volunteer to be the "mislynch" to keep the Jester from being lynched. <sarcasm tag>

Anyone who wants to be lynched, probably won't get my vote. At least not Today.

T S O wrote:
In post 30, jon_h61 wrote:turall

Alternatively, I got my role PM, which -wasn't- a Jester/scum PM, and then I pushed this angle because I didn't actually read the rules/the roles.

I have no idea how I'm getting a "strike" for what is a borderline towntell.
I think the split is close to 50/50 on Town and scum suggesting similar things to "break" the game, at the start of the game, in games I've played. < A bad run on sentence. :? As you say, it looks like a Townie thing to do, and can easily get scum started out with a little Town cred. Naturally I'm leery of these kinds of suggestions. If you're Town, you shouldn't worry too much over a slight scum read. I probably won't be around long anyway.

@ KingdomAces I'll take your advice into consideration. But I like buddying scum, they sometimes makes mistakes.

ZazieR Gets an initial Town read.

I agree with KingdomAces, if we don't have a clear direction when we start getting close to the deadline, it might be best to lynch me. I'm guaranteed not Jester. It would keep the Jester from winning, and keep scum from a NK.

In the rules it says you can either do a factional or individual action at Night. There are no VTs.

TSO's piqued my interest with his "randomness" statement. Why do you need to wait until late in the Day? Or is it an integral part of the plan? Now I have anticipation, and want to hurry along to my impending death.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:50 am

why does Zazier have an initial townread? for voting the person who pointed out you are using pretty weak/elementary scumhunting methods? does that usually work for you?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:07 am

Post by ZazieR »

In post 40, Anatole Kuragin wrote:why does Zazier have an initial townread? for voting the person who pointed out you are using pretty weak/elementary scumhunting methods? does that usually work for you?

If you disagree with his stance, shouldn't you be questioning me instead of the IC? And if you are going to put words into his mouth regarding my vote, you might want to ask me why I'm voting you ;)

@Jon
No, you're not a lynch option.
Ignore the ''R''
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:09 am

In post 41, ZazieR wrote:
In post 40, Anatole Kuragin wrote:why does Zazier have an initial townread? for voting the person who pointed out you are using pretty weak/elementary scumhunting methods? does that usually work for you?

If you disagree with his stance, shouldn't you be questioning me instead of the IC? And if you are going to put words into his mouth regarding my vote, you might want to ask me why I'm voting you ;)

@Jon
No, you're not a lynch option.

No, because townies can use stupid reasoning too.

And I don't care why you're voting me - if you had a reason you would have said it by now.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:12 am

Post by jon_h61 »

Do
you
have strong/strategic scum reads on page1/2? Consistently? The only time I have strong reads page 1/2 is when I'm scum.

Sounds like to me, maybe you are the Jester, you're already picking fights. With a mod confirmed Town, no less.

If you disagree with my theories, why not just explain what you see differently. Not sure you'll be getting a Town aligned read from me in the near future. Wouldn't Town want to get confirmed Town on their side, rather than picking fights?

I like giving my reads, when I'm not mod confirmed, it lets people know where I stand and helps me get even more reads. I fully realize some of you are liars and scummy scums, with many different strategies to try to confuse me, and trick me. Let the games begin!

Good luck, you trickies scum.

pedit What ZazieR said.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:22 am

Why do you have to make up reasons for people that disagree with you to be scum? You are exhibiting every trait of a child who refuses to acknowledge they could be wrong.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:54 am

Post by jon_h61 »

@ Anatole Ok, I'll take your advice into consideration.

Next.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:58 am

Post by ika »

so someone asked me about my ability and was worried.

i love hinting my role in stupid manners so im going to say now that is is negative utility for day 1.

i will prob use it day 2
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:58 am

Post by ika »

is selfvoting allowed

if so we need to be more carful with vote due to this
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:03 am

In post 45, jon_h61 wrote:@ Anatole Ok, I'll take your advice into consideration.

Next.

Now can you explain your townread on zazzoo?
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:04 am

Post by KingdomAces »

I was more using Jon as an example of a guaranteed non-jester lynch. I don't think he's a good lynch option, but if there's one then there's a good chance that there's another. I'm also not saying that I think Anatole isn't scum/jester, I'm just saying that for day one, there is a higher chance of him being a jester for the sole reason that he's being WIFOM'y about it. That means that as things stand he shouldn't be lynched day 1, and we've got at least two full days to determine his alignment.

Spoilers: TSO's plan is to have Jon randomize the lynch target and then take the 91.67% chance that the target isn't the jester. Yeah that's a good idea, but it still leaves a chance of lynching the jester, or otherwise lynching someone we don't want to lynch for other reasons, seeing as this is a non-VT game. Taking people out of the lynch pool only increases the chance of the jester getting lynched. This is probably a better last resort than lynching Jon, but it's still a last resort, not breaking the game in the slightest. I think I know why he didn't want to talk about it until later in the day, but in my opinion even mentioning it in the first place has the exact same effect as actually saying the whole thing. For now, I think we should put this behind us as something that we're probably not going to do, but can if the situation is dire enough, and not bother thinking about it again until deadline approaches.

Anatole, what I said to Jon about not being too forthcoming with things because he's already confirmed works in reverse as well. Engaging him is kind of pointless, since I don't see a way you can get meaningful reactions out of him.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”