Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:33 am

Post by Nashville Dreams »

In post 2047, Anatole Kuragin wrote:I have a role line like anyone else that says If you are holding an item ______________________________

there is not another line and there is nothing about giving or receiving an item, just that action

Does that have do deal with fixing repairing the item or changing it? While I think I know our results, I want to be certain.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:33 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

no
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:36 am

grrrr.....you would think we had a repairman....
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:39 am

You got an old six-string needs fixin'?
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:41 am

Yup. I haven't got mix fix yet.

~Titus
Lissa
Lissa
Goon
Lissa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:53 am

Post by Lissa »

I'm pretty sure Honey's bit of chainsaw defense (is that what that was?) of me, if anything, was a white knight.
She defended/white knighted Four too, a lot more strongly. Until the end of day when he was the only other viable wagon, then she hopped on.

In post 2045, Anatole Kuragin wrote:I'm not convinced there's a lurking scum but I would like to hear more from 5-off about his claim in the hood before I really make my mind up there. In a game this sized I think 4 is the max we're going to have in a neighborhood but obviously that's just speculation.

In post 2048, fferyllt wrote:agree that 5 seems high. but in her last normal mini nati had an ask town 3 player neighborhood. not totally ruling 5 out.

5 seems high but plausible right now actually, especially with the whole no-list-of-occupants-given thing.
I need 5-Off to clarify whether the whole "scum in the neighborhood" was phrased as confirmed/definite. I know he said it was phrased as "rumors." If it's confirmed true, I'd say there's a fair chance of lurkerscum in there.
Lissa
Lissa
Goon
Lissa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:59 am

Post by Lissa »

In post 2029, Anatole Kuragin wrote:

Can anyone in the hood say how long the neighborhood PT was up before 5-off gave the info that there was likely scum in the neighborhood?

5-Off first posted about 10 hours after the neighborhood thread opened, and immediately gave the info that there was a "double agent" among us with a query about why Baboon was trusting us.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:03 am

Had the 4 confirmed hooders already been posting at the time?
Lissa
Lissa
Goon
Lissa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:04 am

Post by Lissa »

Yes, me, Baboon and Four had already posted at that point.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:49 am

Post by The Fonz »

OK, so here's some stuff. I'm going to start by claiming.

I am Ezekiel, a local pastor. The station broadcasts my sermons. I breadcrumbed this in my first post 'Ungodly mess, THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU, saintly of them.' When csareo was doing his 'Hey, I'm going to make people claim their flavour even though they think it's anti-town!' thing, I warned him off by telling him he didn't have a
prayer
of making me claim, which, assuming he had my actual role, he ought to have caught, and in fact did. It was somewhat annoying that he then pointed out this breadcrumb, but meh. This is another part of why I think csareo was town - the claim that he didn't go through with his plan and is therefore scum is crap, I actively warned him off of it and he seemed to have somewhat taken this on board, after I hinted at my role to him.

My town read on Cutty Shark yesterday was based on the fact that, when they said 'Fonz is town because of a thing' they had picked up on my breadcrumb, but chosen to keep it to themselves, IE the right town thing to do. I didn't want to point this out yesterday because a) It would involve pointing out my breadcrumbs and b) I wasn't 100% sure they weren't scum who were just planning to NK me on the quiet, so wanted to wait a day. Similarly, part of my scum read on FT was based on FT trying to explain what they meant by 'a thing,' which could only have meant a masonry, them having some kind of role info, or them having caught my breadcrumbs. Thus, this looked like rolefishing to me.

So I have a night action, that I can go and bless another player, but my PM doesn't tell me whether or not that actually does anything. I targeted Gossamer Wings last night. I'm not sure how much of the result PM I can report, but basically I was told that when I got to their house to bless them they were acting oddly, ignored my attempts to communicate with them, and left the house by car, and may or may not have had a passenger - I couldn't tell for sure. So (this is my own conjecture, and not part of the info PM) this, in combo with what F-16 himself reports, suggests to me that he was in some way drugged or hypnotised into being involved in the scum NK.

To whoever asked about Honey's meta - I first read Newbie 1515, which was how I concluded HB was playing to zir scum meta - then another newbie, I think 1381, which got my hopes up that we might have scum here, then another newbie, I think 1381, which showed similarly ineffectual play which was rather disappointing.

@ Ffer - come on. There were a couple hours to deadline. You could read up overnight. If the scum want to waste an NK on someone who hasn't been able to contribute then that's fine by me. Honey was obviously going to be lynched and there was nothing to gain by hanging around. I fucking hate the 'We've decided to lynch, so let's derp around for a couple of hours waiting on replacements to catch up' attitude. Especially since I'd had like two hours sleep the night before, and wanted to turn in, but wasn't going to until we'd definitely got the lynch off.
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:54 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 2059, The Fonz wrote:I am Ezekiel, a local pastor. The station broadcasts my sermons. I breadcrumbed this in my first post 'Ungodly mess, THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU, saintly of them.' When csareo was doing his 'Hey, I'm going to make people claim their flavour even though they think it's anti-town!' thing, I warned him off by telling him he didn't have a prayer of making me claim, which, assuming he had my actual role, he ought to have caught, and in fact did. It was somewhat annoying that he then pointed out this breadcrumb, but meh. This is another part of why I think csareo was town - the claim that he didn't go through with his plan and is therefore scum is crap, I actively warned him off of it and he seemed to have somewhat taken this on board, after I hinted at my role to him.

My town read on Cutty Shark yesterday was based on the fact that, when they said 'Fonz is town because of a thing' they had picked up on my breadcrumb, but chosen to keep it to themselves, IE the right town thing to do. I didn't want to point this out yesterday because a) It would involve pointing out my breadcrumbs and b) I wasn't 100% sure they weren't scum who were just planning to NK me on the quiet, so wanted to wait a day. Similarly, part of my scum read on FT was based on FT trying to explain what they meant by 'a thing,' which could only have meant a masonry, them having some kind of role info, or them having caught my breadcrumbs. Thus, this looked like rolefishing to me.

confirming that I caught this crumb immediately. I wasn't banking on the fact that this was just flavor and nothing else, though; why even crumb that?

-b
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:54 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

Nevermind I should read shit closer

-b
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:55 am

That seems like a pretty optimistic interpretation of your result from Gossamer.
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:56 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 2059, The Fonz wrote:So I have a night action, that I can go and bless another player, but my PM doesn't tell me whether or not that actually does anything. I targeted Gossamer Wings last night. I'm not sure how much of the result PM I can report, but basically I was told that when I got to their house to bless them they were acting oddly, ignored my attempts to communicate with them, and left the house by car, and may or may not have had a passenger - I couldn't tell for sure. So (this is my own conjecture, and not part of the info PM) this, in combo with what F-16 himself reports, suggests to me that he was in some way drugged or hypnotised into being involved in the scum NK.

So I'm guessing this is the bastard element; shit is communicated via really vague narratives instead of clear results

-b
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:59 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

Which IMO scumsides the fuck out of this setup

-b
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:00 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

We're going to have to claim actions fairly early here otherwise we risk getting absolutely no information out of them

-b
Lissa
Lissa
Goon
Lissa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:06 am

Post by Lissa »

In post 2063, Cutty Shark wrote:
In post 2059, The Fonz wrote:So I have a night action, that I can go and bless another player, but my PM doesn't tell me whether or not that actually does anything. I targeted Gossamer Wings last night. I'm not sure how much of the result PM I can report, but basically I was told that when I got to their house to bless them they were acting oddly, ignored my attempts to communicate with them, and left the house by car, and may or may not have had a passenger - I couldn't tell for sure. So (this is my own conjecture, and not part of the info PM) this, in combo with what F-16 himself reports, suggests to me that he was in some way drugged or hypnotised into being involved in the scum NK.

So I'm guessing this is the bastard element; shit is communicated via really vague narratives instead of clear results

-b

This does line up with what F-16 himself said... We just don't know what it means.

Clearly that's the case.

I saw your crumbs immediately as well. Didn't say anything as I didn't want to point it out unnecessarily.

In post 2064, Cutty Shark wrote:Which IMO scumsides the fuck out of this setup

-b

Maybe it's a townsided setup role-wise to counter that?
I have no idea. Lots of town power or not, it's difficult and weakened if it's never definite. o.o

In post 2065, Cutty Shark wrote:We're going to have to claim actions fairly early here otherwise we risk getting absolutely no information out of them

-b

You might be right.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:27 am

<Mafia Win Condition> You win when the mafia controls the majority of living members of the game and no other factions remain.

Am I reading too much into "controls" here? Is that typical? I'm looking at other games' wincons and it's stuff like "when mafia obtains majority" or "you win when all town members are eliminated." I'm naturally a little uneasy then at the prospect that a player may be being "controlled" in a manner in which they seem to be brainwashed or drugged as fonz described it.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:27 am

Honey's PM doesn't give any indication that their night kill involves implicating a third player in the kill in some way.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:32 am

From a newbie nat recently hosted -

Welcome!

You are a Mafia Goon.

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a Mafia Goon/Roleblocker.

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional QT, located here, which you may talk in during pregame and night phases.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.
Lissa
Lissa
Goon
Lissa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:36 am

Post by Lissa »

In post 2067, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
<Mafia Win Condition> You win when the mafia controls the majority of living members of the game and no other factions remain.

Am I reading too much into "controls" here? Is that typical? I'm looking at other games' wincons and it's stuff like "when mafia obtains majority" or "you win when all town members are eliminated." I'm naturally a little uneasy then at the prospect that a player may be being "controlled" in a manner in which they seem to be brainwashed or drugged as fonz described it.

Though we could just be being paranoid, that seems a little worrisome.

In post 2068, Anatole Kuragin wrote:Honey's PM doesn't give any indication that their night kill involves implicating a third player in the kill in some way.

True...

p-edit:
In post 2069, Anatole Kuragin wrote:From a newbie nat recently hosted -

Welcome!

You are a Mafia Goon.

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a Mafia Goon/Roleblocker.

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional QT, located here, which you may talk in during pregame and night phases.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Ohh.
That's... interesting. :?
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:45 am

I'm guessing either

a) another member of the scum/mafia team (honey/CEO faction) has a role that can gain them control over players

or

b) it has to do with the serial killer/third faction and the second of the two kills

I would say both minority factions may have some control ability based on the way that PM is worded but that seems like it would be way too unbalanced as the assumption that only one does already fucks up investigations and both scum factions can apparently kill as well.
Lissa
Lissa
Goon
Lissa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:53 am

Post by Lissa »

In post 2071, Anatole Kuragin wrote:I'm guessing either

a) another member of the scum/mafia team (honey/CEO faction) has a role that can gain them control over players

or

b) it has to do with the serial killer/third faction and the second of the two kills

I would say both minority factions may have some control ability based on the way that PM is worded but that seems like it would be way too unbalanced as the assumption that only one does already fucks up investigations and both scum factions can apparently kill as well.

It sure sounds like that's the case.
I'm not sure which one to think it is. It's hard to tell; we don't really seem to have all that much clear info.

Also, when I was rereading honey's role PM I noticed that that scum faction's kill ability seems to have a "murder/kill" flavor, so it sounds like Four died to that scum faction? He was the one that was "brutally murdered." IHNC was "forcefully relocated."
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:01 am

Not sure. Does your role flavor indicate any fears your character might have? Obviously don't say anything that gives away any new role info, but flavorwise.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:09 am

Post by The Fonz »

The results PM I got describes my attempt to communicate with someone as not one which someone not under the influence of something would be able to ignore, and that the way F-16 was driving indicated he wasn't even aware I was there. Trying not to go too close to the line, but the contents of my PM are not ambiguous in that.

On the 'maybe the amount of power is townsided' you might be right. Part of why I had no hesitation in hammering Honey is that it seemed to me unclear that there would be any pure VTs in this setup at all.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”