NY 177: Simple Complexity (GAME OVER: Scum Wins!)

Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3675 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:24 am

Post by Marquis »

only when he feels threatened
link in bio
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3676 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:29 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 3609, PeregrineV wrote:

Only if you listen to me. It has been discussed many times that dead town players get totally ignored.

Maybe you should buck the trend and analyze what the dead townies had to say. Because when I analyzed what the dead townies had to say...

Elyse called Aeronaut scum...
TSO called Aeronaut scum...
Texcat called Aeronaut scum...

Guess who didn't call Aeronaut scum?
In post 2240, PeregrineV wrote:

Didn't see this before. Aegor,
Aero is town.
Their posting is the exact opposite of your 3 scumreads.

Yeah there we go. Look at that. So if there's something to discuss besides your lynch and why you shouldn't hang I'd love to hear it. What did you discover, PeregrineV, when you looked over what the dead had to say?
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3677 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:35 am

Post by reinoe »

Even though Josh didn't call Aero scum he did say this...

In post 2669, Josh_B wrote:
In post 2664, Aeronaut wrote:Alright. Was about to yell at everyone for the shotty Tex wagon, but apparently thats done with. Why we voting Aegor now?

Also, @Alina, I checked mah wiki and the <3 has been recieved

I would still lynch you, and I think most people would agree if it wasn't for PR.

So again, we can lynch PeregrineV. All we have to do is

Selkie
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3678 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:44 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

why is PV scum other than being PV

explain it to me like you're make-believing i'm not reading the game
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3679 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:01 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 3678, zMuffinMan wrote:why is PV scum other than being PV

tl/dr

1)neighborhood process of elimination.

2)nobody had any reason to call Aeronaut town. I would accept someone calling him null, but not town.

3)Peregrine whines about "nobody listening to the dead" so why doesn't Pere do an analysis of what the dead players had to say? My analysis of what dead players had to say actually supports point 2: all the dead players were calling Aero scum or would be fine with Aero's lynch. Pere was calling Aero town.

4)Based on my limited experience of half a game with Pere in HarryPotter: prisoners of azkaban I have a meta reason. His play looks really town initially during the first day phase of the game, then he coasts on that cred by being generally useless. I noticed during HP:POA that Pere was making content filled posts in other areas of the forum and I was starting to change my read on him but then I subbed out of that game.

Selkie
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3680 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:05 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3673, reinoe wrote:
In post 3659, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 3611, reinoe wrote:That's pretty ridiculous to say that I'm going to be doing nothing except pushing for your lynch

In post 3655, reinoe wrote:
Guys, can we lynch PeregrineV now?

:neutral:

I think it's kinda scummy to remove the context of post 3611.

Except that I linked to it, so any real player can click on it at any time.

If you feel it's relevant, you can quote it and explain why it's removal was scummy.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3681 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:06 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3674, tn5421 wrote:Do you always flood 5+ posts in a row PV?

Sometimes more. I fear large walls will distract certain-

SQUIRREL!

Anyways, smaller posts are easier to read. And more likely to get a response. In certain games.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3682 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:10 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 3680, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 3673, reinoe wrote:
In post 3659, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 3611, reinoe wrote:That's pretty ridiculous to say that I'm going to be doing nothing except pushing for your lynch

In post 3655, reinoe wrote:
Guys, can we lynch PeregrineV now?

:neutral:

I think it's kinda scummy to remove the context of post 3611.

Except that I linked to it, so any real player can click on it at any time.

If you feel it's relevant, you can quote it and explain why it's removal was scummy.

I'll just let the other players decide then...
In post 3611, reinoe wrote:What you just said makes no fucking sense. I just shared my thoughts on why Alina could be serial killer. And while I've been pushing for you lynch today I've also been stating that Majiffy could be scum. That's pretty ridiculous to say that I'm going to be doing nothing except pushing for your lynch when the post you just quoted is contradictory to that.

Selkie
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3683 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:10 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3675, Marquis wrote:only when he feels threatened

Nah. Since it's just a game I don't feel threatened. And when I die, you'll die. And you know this, that's why you are trying to duck back away from your constant barrage at the beginning of the day of calling for my lynch.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3684 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:18 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3676, reinoe wrote:
In post 3609, PeregrineV wrote:

Only if you listen to me. It has been discussed many times that dead town players get totally ignored.

Maybe you should buck the trend and analyze what the dead townies had to say. Because when I analyzed what the dead townies had to say...

Elyse called Aeronaut scum...
TSO called Aeronaut scum...
Texcat called Aeronaut scum...

Guess who didn't call Aeronaut scum?
In post 2240, PeregrineV wrote:

Didn't see this before. Aegor,
Aero is town.
Their posting is the exact opposite of your 3 scumreads.

Yeah there we go. Look at that. So if there's something to discuss besides your lynch and why you shouldn't hang I'd love to hear it. What did you discover, PeregrineV, when you looked over what the dead had to say?

I haven't. Dead town day1 don't have very much info. I'll be dead town day3, and I've covered who I think might be scum and why.

Which you've ignored.

So, I'm alive and say and and you've ignored both of them.

Given that you ignored me while alive, you will ignore me when I'm dead.

For this reason, I continue to [bother, try, post] in a slim effort that scum gets lynched today instead of me.

Which was the point of my original post.
In post 3609, PeregrineV wrote:Only if you listen to me. It has been discussed many times that dead town players get totally ignored.

Plus the fact that once you set your mind like this you'll spend the next 8 days doing nothing, so you'll understand if I push for better lynch targets while you repeat how much you want me lynched, right?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3685 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:21 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3677, reinoe wrote:Even though Josh didn't call Aero scum he did say this...

In post 2664, Aeronaut wrote:Alright. Was about to yell at everyone for the shotty Tex wagon, but apparently thats done with. Why we voting Aegor now?

I would still lynch you, and I think most people would agree if it wasn't for PR.

No offense, but TSO and texcat dying where the exact same reason you speculated that your townread Alina is the SK.

And having a wrong read isn't scummy.

But keep trying.

And

And
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3686 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:25 am

Post by Wake1 »

Vote Count 3.5

PeregrineV (4):
Marquis, reinoe, OkaPoka, Gameplay506

OkaPoka (3):
notscience, Alina, tn5421

Mirhawk (2):
Titus, Majiffy

Marquis (1):
PeregrineV

Not Voting (5):
zMuffinMan, RoyalApe, Psyche, Mirhawk, Shaddowez

~ With 15 players alive, it takes 8 to lynch!
~ Deadline expires 9/24/14, @10PM central.
~ Seeking a replacement for RoyalApe.

Last edited by Wake1 on Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3687 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:27 am

Post by PeregrineV »

You should stab scum, since I think you're the SK. :P

In post 3679, reinoe wrote:

tl/dr

1)neighborhood process of elimination.

2)nobody had any reason to call Aeronaut town. I would accept someone calling him null, but not town.

3)Peregrine whines about "nobody listening to the dead" so why doesn't Pere do an analysis of what the dead players had to say? My analysis of what dead players had to say actually supports point 2: all the dead players were calling Aero scum or would be fine with Aero's lynch. Pere was calling Aero town.

4)Based on my limited experience of half a game with Pere in HarryPotter: prisoners of azkaban I have a meta reason. His play looks really town initially during the first day phase of the game, then he coasts on that cred by being generally useless. I noticed during HP:POA that Pere was making content filled posts in other areas of the forum and I was starting to change my read on him but then I subbed out of that game.

1. Which you've done wrong.

2. Sure, I thought he was town. His posts read town to me. I think I went through it in 2234. I was wrong, but it's all out there.

3. Answered.

4. Ahh, the dreaded meta. I don't recall the game, but I think I was scum in the recent HP and town in the older HP. But, can't argue meta. Or at least I'm not going to bother to.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3688 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:44 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 3685, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 3677, reinoe wrote:Even though Josh didn't call Aero scum he did say this...

No offense, but TSO and texcat dying where the exact same reason you speculated that your townread Alina is the SK.

But keep trying.

And

And

It's not like Aero was fooling everyone. Aero did not really have strong town play. So having a wrong reads isn't scummy in and of itself. It's the why.

It's ironic that you say "dead townies have less info" after lamenting that nobody listens to dead townies. Then follow up and admit you haven't even reviewed what dead townies had to say. That's kinda scummy in my book too.

3661 is no. It's making me raise my eyebrow. Psyche has had plenty of time to confirm Masonry but at this point is flat out refusing to do so. But claiming masons as scum is fucking stupid anyway since it'll lead to chain lynches if it turns out Marquis was faking.

re: 3660-I would imagine there's more to being a SK than "killing townies". Alina is a relatively new player who seems to lack confidence. To me the kills look like "this person is unlikely to be protected kills". They don't look like scumhunting. I'll just say they're definitely not the kills I'd have made.

Selkie
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3689 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:51 am

Post by Mirhawk »

In post 3666, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 3626, Mirhawk wrote:Some of Peregrines recent posts have been barmy. But barmy isn't necessarily scummy, and some of them have also been good.

My original read was mostly based on his refusal to participate on a lynch day one. But if he's willing to keep posting regularly, then I'm willing to not just lynch him out of hand.

I like the word choice, but since I disagree, which ones have been barmy?

Your post regarding the possiblities of different combinations of town or scum in the mason claim. Three of your four possibilities are incredably unlikely, and you didn't include the possibility of them both ACTUALLY being masons. Which is important since it's more likely than them both being scum.

In post 3667, PeregrineV wrote:
You have changed their fakeclaim from Masons to Mason Lovers?

Considering they are none of the above, why would you even say something like this?

Don't be ridiculous, I'm obviously saying that if one of them dies and flips scum I'm going to immediately push for the lynch of the other. I don't think I would have to try very hard to get it either.

So in effect if one of them dies they both die, and with the inclusion of the SK there's an even grater chance of one of them dying.

@reinoe
Alina's not the serial killer.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3690 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:48 am

Post by reinoe »

Mirhawk, are you British?

Selkie
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3691 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:05 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3688, reinoe wrote:
In post 3685, PeregrineV wrote:

But keep trying.

And

And

It's not like Aero was fooling everyone. Aero did not really have strong town play. So having a wrong reads isn't scummy in and of itself. It's the why.

I gave the . You never contested it when it was posted. Did you even read it?
And my townread on Aero was at least as good as your scumread on Aegor and texcat.
And you had a scmread on tree/Marquis, but that was about as good as a fart in an hurricane.

It's ironic that you say "dead townies have less info" after lamenting that nobody listens to dead townies. Then follow up and admit you haven't even reviewed what dead townies had to say. That's kinda scummy in my book too.

Aegor.Elyse, TSO knew one persons alignment. Texcat & Josh knew 4 alignments when they last posted.
I currently know 7, and 10 if you count Titus+results. That's half the playerlist.
So, given the current gamestate, and the fact I have a good 4 suspects, I have not read the current dead townies.
you say scummy, I say time management.

is no. It's making me raise my eyebrow. Psyche has had plenty of time to confirm Masonry but at this point is flat out refusing to do so. But claiming masons as scum is fucking stupid anyway since it'll lead to chain lynches if it turns out Marquis was faking.

No, Psyche is not a mason with Marquis. If that's the case, why do you have Marquis as a Mason still?

re: -I would imagine there's more to being a SK than "killing townies". Alina is a relatively new player who seems to lack confidence. To me the kills look like "this person is unlikely to be protected kills". They don't look like scumhunting. I'll just say they're definitely not the kills I'd have made.

I just finihsed a game as the SK. I scumhunted, because it's fun. I shot town once I found the scum because I wanted to live.
TSO looks like a player based kill.
texcat looks like a scumhunting kill ().
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3692 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:09 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3689, Mirhawk wrote:
In post 3666, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 3626, Mirhawk wrote:Some of Peregrines recent posts have been barmy. But barmy isn't necessarily scummy, and some of them have also been good.

My original read was mostly based on his refusal to participate on a lynch day one. But if he's willing to keep posting regularly, then I'm willing to not just lynch him out of hand.

I like the word choice, but since I disagree, which ones have been barmy?

Your post regarding the possiblities of different combinations of town or scum in the mason claim. Three of your four possibilities are incredably unlikely, and you didn't include the possibility of them both ACTUALLY being masons. Which is important since it's more likely than them both being scum.

Then, you believe that Marquis & Psyche are masons?

In post 3667, PeregrineV wrote:
You have changed their fakeclaim from Masons to Mason Lovers?

Considering they are none of the above, why would you even say something like this?

Don't be ridiculous, I'm obviously saying that if one of them dies and flips scum I'm going to immediately push for the lynch of the other. I don't think I would have to try very hard to get it either.

So in effect if one of them dies they both die, and with the inclusion of the SK there's an even grater chance of one of them dying.

I seriously doubt that if one dies the other dies.

If one of them flips town, but non-Mason, do you lynch the other one?

The SK will not shoot them if they beleive the mason claim (which they shouldn't).
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3693 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:11 am

Post by notscience »

bahahahhaha

bahahahahahah

PV saying I need to earn a green coloring

bahahahahahahha
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3694 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:16 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3693, notscience wrote:bahahahhaha

bahahahahahah

PV saying I need to earn a green coloring

bahahahahahahha

This is a good step towards earning green. /sarcasm
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3695 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:18 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Fun with VCA
In post 2618, Wake1 wrote:

Vote Count 1.17

texcat
(L1):
Aegor
reinoe
, Mirhawk, tn5421, Marquis, Alina, OkaPoka,
Elyse
T S O
, Psyche
OkaPoka (3):
Aeronaut
, RoyalApe,
Gameplay506

Marquis (3):
Josh_B
, Majiffy,
texcat

RoyalApe (1):
PeregrineV

notscience (1):
Shaddowez
Alina (1):
notscience
Psyche (1):
Titus

Not Voting (1):
zMuffinMan

~ With 21 players alive, it takes 11 to lynch!
~ Deadline expires 9/3/14, @8am central.

In post 2828, Wake1 wrote:
Vote Count 1.19

Aegor
(11):
zMuffinMan,
Elyse
, Psyche,
Josh_B, texcat
, OkaPoka, Shaddowez,
Titus
, Mirhawk,
reinoe
, notscience
texcat
(5):
Aegor
, tn5421, Alina,
T S O
, Marquis
OkaPoka (3):
Aeronaut
, RoyalApe,
Gameplay506

Marquis (1):
Majiffy
RoyalApe (1):
PeregrineV

Not Voting (0):

~ Deadline expires 9/3/14, @8am central.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3696 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:20 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Reinoe- Since you are looking at dead players, does this turn anything up?

In post 3604, PeregrineV wrote:Aero-Mirhawk and Aero-Shadow interactions would probably be a good start for figuring that out.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3697 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:21 am

Post by notscience »

I've been more town since early D1 than you've been all game
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3698 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:25 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3697, notscience wrote:I've been more town since early D1 than you've been all game

Oh yeah, I remember that time you......

And.....

And then you......

And.....

hahahahahah

Those were good times.........
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3699 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:34 am

Post by PeregrineV »

So here is texcat at L-1.
One hood is bolded.
One is italicized
The last is underlined.

Once Shadow and Mirhawk of the Imagescum-free neighborhood Image give us their reads, then we can see who is scum on and off the 2 town wagons of day1.
In post 2618, Wake1 wrote:

Vote Count 1.17

texcat
(L1):
Aegor
reinoe
Mirhawk
tn5421
Marquis
, Alina,
OkaPoka
Elyse
T S O
, Psyche
OkaPoka (3):
Aeronaut
RoyalApe
Gameplay506

Marquis (3):
Josh_B
, Majiffy,
texcat

RoyalApe (1):
PeregrineV

notscience (1):
Shaddowez

Alina (1): notscience
Psyche (1):
Titus

Not Voting (1):
zMuffinMan

I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”