Open 566: Murder on the Oriental Express (Game Over)

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:42 am

Post by farside22 »

Bird: when you said tomorrow and I saw 23 hours till deadline I thought you were talking day 3 to explain your reads and reasoning, that was what I found to be shit.
Titus hammer after saying nothing about either wagon looks hella scummy.

Jogger vote was surprising, I'm not sure what from bird lead to the vote after his question.

Titus moves up my scum list.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:51 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

No worries. For future reference I always make effort to capitalise Tomorrow and Yesterday if I mean them in the sense of Day 1, Day 2.

I don't think the hammer is particularly scummy.
#greenshirtthursdays
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:01 am

Post by acryon »

@Channel: Why do you think Jogger voted you?

Titus hammer isn't exactly scummy, since it was coming anyway. At the moment, it feels more misguided town to me, but I still don't get why he was so insistent on not actually giving his thoughts until other discussed, but then just naked hammered...
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:03 am

In post 877, acryon wrote:@Channel: Why do you think Jogger voted you?

I think I could guess but I'd rather wait until Jogger answers the question first. Would like the answer to be in his own words.

Titus hammer isn't exactly scummy, since it was coming anyway. At the moment, it feels more misguided town to me, but I still don't get why he was so insistent on not actually giving his thoughts until other discussed, but then just naked hammered...

Again, can see reasons why Titus might do that but might as well see what she says about it - and, y'know, find out what the flip is, because that could have a bearing on what the hammer means for Titus.
#greenshirtthursdays
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:07 am

Post by acryon »

Agreed, and replace my 'he's and 'his' with 'she's and 'her's in that last post.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:17 am

Post by Baezu »

Vote Count 2.Final
(LYNCH!)
:right: Belisarius: (7) Amy Farrah Fowler, acryon, scrambles, Riddleton, TobyLoby, ChannelDelibird, Titus
Curiouskarmadog : (1) Belisarius
ChannelDelibird: (3) Farside22, Curiouskarmadog , NakedJogger

Not Voting: RoyalApe

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-09-29 11:47:00)

Mod Notes:
Flip and flavor coming shortly. Countdown timer will not start until those go out
[/area]
Last edited by Baezu on Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:28 am

Post by Baezu »

Sorry for the delay. My son decided to stick a lollipop stick through his gums so I'm finally back from the hospital :( Writing now...
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:46 am

Post by Baezu »

You spend the day searching the train, starting with Dryfit's compartment. You discover that Dryfit's compartment was locked and sealed from the inside and one of the windows is open. You also notice that the victim's wounds look like they were administered haphazardly - some with the left hand, some with the right. The pistol Dryfit carried is discovered under his pillow, unfired. A glass on the nightstand is examined and revealed to be drugged. A small pocket watch is discovered in Dryfit's pajamas, broken and stopped at 1:15 a.m.

You find several more clues in the victim's cabin and on board the train, including a linen handkerchief embroidered with the initial "B", a pipe cleaner, and a button from a uniform. All of these clues suggest that the murderer or murderers were somewhat sloppy. However, each clue seemingly points to different suspects, which suggests that some of the clues were planted.

By reconstructing parts of a burned letter, you discover that Dryfit was a notorious fugitive from the United States named Cassetti. Five years earlier, Cassetti kidnapped three-year-old American heiress Daisy Armstrong. Although the Armstrong family paid a large ransom, Cassetti murdered the little girl long before the ransom deadline and fled the country with the money. Daisy's mother, Sonia, was pregnant when she heard of Daisy's death. The shock sent her into premature labor, and both she and the baby died. Her husband, Colonel Armstrong, shot himself out of grief. Daisy's nursemaid, Susanne, was suspected of complicity in the crime by the police, despite her protests. She threw herself out of a window and died, although she was later proved innocent. Although Cassetti was caught, his resources allowed him to get himself acquitted on an unspecified technicality, although he still fled the country to escape further prosecution for the crime. As the evidence mounts, it continues to point in different directions, giving the appearance that you are being challenged by a mastermind.

You decide to follow up on the handkerchief since it is one of the most prominent pieces of information. You go into the luggage car and examine everyone's luggage. There is one passenger on board whose name starts with that letter - Belisarius. You share this information with the rest of the people on the train and they immediately scream for his head. Although it takes most of the day, they decide that he should be held responsible for his crime and he is thrown out of the train while it is crossing over a tall bridge.

Some of the people on the train are shocked. How could this be done without evidence? You decide to pull out his luggage and go through it. It turns out you were right. Belisarius was actually an alias assumed by Hector Willard MacQueen, Dryfit/Cassetti's secretary. He was devoted to Sonia Armstrong. MacQueen's father was the district attorney for the kidnapping case. He knew from his father the details of Cassetti's escape from justice and intended to kill Dryfit.

It seems justice was served after all.

Belisarius has been lynched. He was a
Mafia Goon

Night 2 has started. You have 48 hours to submit your actions to me. The countdown timer above reflects the correct countdown.
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:27 am

Post by Baezu »

i will be a few hours late starting day 3
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by Baezu »

You pass the night relatively quietly but wake up to someone screaming, "streaker!" Looking out of your room you see someone who has had a little too much to drink prancing down the hallway. The stress must have gotten to him and he was probably just blowing off some steam. You didn't think it would bother anyone that he was drawing attention to himself.

Or would it?

You go back into your compartment and sleep the rest of the night. When you wake up you find the streaker impaled on one of the iron bars protruding from the engine room. Guess he drew too much attention to himself after all. You quietly slink back to your room and spend the rest of the day reading.

NakedJogger has been killed. He was
Vanilla Townie

Day 3 begins
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by Baezu »

Vote Count 3.00Not Voting: acryon, scrambles, Farside22, Curiouskarmadog , Riddleton, RoyalApe, Amy Farrah Fowler, TobyLoby, titus, channelDelibird

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-10-13 16:30:00)

Mod Notes:
None
[/area]
Show

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:47 pm

VOTE: Amy

More specifics tomorrow but definitely one of the most plausible Belisarius buddies plus the stuff I mentioned in passing Yesterday.
#greenshirtthursdays
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by Riddleton »

VOTE: CKD
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:49 pm

Post by farside22 »

Reading through everything I still think CKD is town. He's right about old school tending to bus and I caught old school doing such.

Since I didn't see bird/bel scum together I'll think the most best point was bird

Vote: Amy
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:09 pm

Post by Titus »

@Acyron, you can tell a lot by being silent and forcing players who have read the game to take a stand. I hammered when the last lurker came on.

If scum shot me, it would be a big indicator they liked the gamestate. The NakedJogger kill probably suggests scum want to focus on the hammer. That's a bet I will take.

VOTE: Scrambles
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:10 pm

Post by Titus »

Farside is town btw...
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:09 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 889, Titus wrote:@Acyron, you can tell a lot by being silent and forcing players who have read the game to take a stand. I hammered when the last lurker came on.

If scum shot me, it would be a big indicator they liked the gamestate. The NakedJogger kill probably suggests scum want to focus on the hammer. That's a bet I will take.

VOTE: Scrambles

TBF I asked for your views on the wagon and thought it was a scum hammer. Bel's flipping scum was a bit of a wake up to me. I'm still curious to your views, why scramble?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:38 am

Post by acryon »

I don't really feel like CKD is scum. While I obviously disagreed with his defense of Beli and it was ultimately wrong, it read a lot more like town to me than scum protecting a buddy.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:43 am

Post by Titus »

@Farside, it is the argument you had Day 1 with Beli. He is right that replaceouts are null. Yet he includes a "serious vote" on you with his comments. That vote helps start a counterwagon to scrambles. It is a pretty strong chainsaw.

I also think Amy is likely town. Beli has said that scum tend to include a buddy in their lists. I doubt he has here.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:45 am

Post by Titus »

In post 562, Belisarius wrote:Nope! I don't grok the case on chaos at all. Chaos is just lynchbait.

Chaos also needs more looking into.

Curious is likely town.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:01 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Not to state the obvious but Skelda was town and Bel was scum...I am fucking awesome guys, you should probably nominate me immediately for MVP. I get it if I get a wagon/lynch today...

Given that Bel was scum, I doubt (or I think it is less likely that) Chaos is scum. thought the dry fit kill still doesnt fit well with me.

sooooo....so this post looks more likely (at least the first part).

In post 689, curiouskarmadog wrote:actually going back to confirm when chaos voted I did note this.

now to not tunnel vision again, lets play devil's advocate.

if Bel is scum, and chaos is town.

In post 454, Baezu wrote:

Chaoslord54: (2) Snugglyduckling, Farside22
Belisarius: (5) Amy Farrah Fowler, NakedJogger, scrambles, Skelda, acryon
Skelda: (4) Curiouskarmadog , RoyalApe, Belisarius, Dry-fit
acryon: (1) Ranon

Not Voting: Chaoslord54, TobyLoby

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Bel leading Skelda 5/4

Chaos votes Skelda in 500.

5/5 tie.

Acryon changes vote 514

6/4 now skelda

Toby then add to the pile quickly in 516

7/4 Skelda

Then farside with the hammer

curious Toby, given that (Bel=scum) analyzes who looks bad?

I will answer it....Acryon does..and you some what...

lets play shits and giggles for a second though, why a Dry Fit kill? lets say Bel and Acryon was a team together? I know it is WIFOM...but when I play scum, I love it when town chalks up a night kill to WIFOM. When I am scum, and dealing with a silly or inexperienced town, I always kill for a reason......(please insert: "or you could be scum now, saying that to blah blah blah" here). Bel/Acryon have no reason to kill Dry fit, when most likely coming out today he was going after Choas (town) today...that would just make their job harder.

My gut tells me that Acryon or Toby is the way to go today. My instinct says to vote Acryon now. My gut and instinct are fucking rocking so I am going to hold off. going to rereading the Bel lynch knowing that he is scum.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:02 am

I also want to see if I can see a Choas/Bel scum team...also did Chaos get replaced?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:02 am

thats a yes with ChannelDelibird
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:11 am

Post by acryon »

Looking back over, it seems very likely that Chaos is with Beli. Here are some quotes to ponder.
In post 572, chaoslord54 wrote:In all honesty Beli never real came off as scummy to me. The cases that have been built against him especially TobyLoby's seem very shallow and to be honest I feel like scum is trying to maneuver a mislynch by trying to get Beli lynched. I say Beli is town

In post 631, chaoslord54 wrote:Looking back over, I can see how Beli seems to be having some scumy vibes but I still don't feel that he stands enough as scum for me to put my vote against him

In post 635, chaoslord54 wrote:Can you give me one more run down on why you feel Beli is scum?

Especially when looked at all together, it really looks like someone, although admittedly doing a rather poor job, ultimately trying to protect his buddy. Especially the second quote really speaks of that I think.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:20 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 893, Titus wrote:@Farside, it is the argument you had Day 1 with Beli. He is right that replaceouts are null. Yet he includes a "serious vote" on you with his comments. That vote helps start a counterwagon to scrambles. It is a pretty strong chainsaw.

I also think Amy is likely town. Beli has said that scum tend to include a buddy in their lists. I doubt he has here.

I thought the counter wagon was chaos day 1.
Are you talking about the rvs start of the game?
In regards to Amy, mostly she tunneled on beli day 1 and 2 and that's about all I can recall from her. I can't tell you how often sitting on a vote and not providing much to the game state, gets ignored and player flips scum skating by.

In post 898, acryon wrote:Looking back over, it seems very likely that Chaos is with Beli. Here are some quotes to ponder.
In post 572, chaoslord54 wrote:In all honesty Beli never real came off as scummy to me. The cases that have been built against him especially TobyLoby's seem very shallow and to be honest I feel like scum is trying to maneuver a mislynch by trying to get Beli lynched. I say Beli is town

In post 631, chaoslord54 wrote:Looking back over, I can see how Beli seems to be having some scumy vibes but I still don't feel that he stands enough as scum for me to put my vote against him

In post 635, chaoslord54 wrote:Can you give me one more run down on why you feel Beli is scum?

Especially when looked at all together, it really looks like someone, although admittedly doing a rather poor job, ultimately trying to protect his buddy. Especially the second quote really speaks of that I think.

I still think scum bel would vote his scum buddy for town credit.
What did you think of bird's case?

Return to “Completed Open Games”