NY 178: MASQUERADE -- GAME OVER

PeregrineV
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 23, 2011
Location: Zendikar
Pronoun: He

Post Post #500  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:38 pm

In post 499, TobyLoby wrote:Why yes?


I'm actually working on my reads right now, but let's add in all the attention the 2 votes he has has garnered. It earned him a Thor townread, a Muffin inquisition of my vote, an Egg agreement with Izreal of the Scripten vote, and a TobyLoby questioning of the vote. Considering no one but Thor ever squeaked about Scripten prior to his 2 votes, I find all the sudden attention to be interest arousing.
I will have Limited Access on weekends.

PeregrineV
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 23, 2011
Location: Zendikar
Pronoun: He

Post Post #501  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:57 pm

In post 491, TobyLoby wrote:@Pere, What are your thoughts now that you've read the thread?

Varied and probably not very exciting, but here goes.

Players:
1. Aeronaut*- In some twist of irony has fewer posts than me. We'll see what the catchup police have to say about him, I suppose.
2. Alina- replaced? being replaced?
3. Aneninen- early scumvibes. Later, saying and doing the right things, but taking the meticulous post-by-post approach with no analysis of the posts along with the stunningly empty conclusion of Pere is scum (418). This can easily be compared to Thor's with actual reasons (even if wrong).
4. Boonskiies- Probably scum
5. Cho- thought the mafia claim was good discussion starter. However, it never went anywhere after that, nor was it used to start discussion. For that, downgraded from town-rvs to null (I think psychologically that when scum claim scum it helps relieve their conscious about being scum. If others take it as fake/humor, so much the better. In any scumclaim cases, esp. RVS, ) Nothing has improved the null read, including the wagon on him.
6. GrayfoxxxxCsareo- I liked for town at the start. That diminshed somewhat by the TSO tunnel. Grayfoxx is still got some town sheen, and has not degraded it any since taking over. We'll see how it goes.
7. davesaz- Early scumvibes. Improved somewhat, but still hits me when I read some of his posts. There is scumhunting there, but it seems of the cautious type.
8. Egg- Liked his early push on me. His later self-doubt I read somewhat as town, but keeping your vote there after expressing that doubt takes away the town cred. This is one I'm be exploring more of later.
9. Garmr- probably town.
10. goodmorning- Another player I usually start reading with a town bias towards their posts. So when I read them and feel icky, not a good sign. Leaning scum.
11. Goofyd00d- Early scumvibes. Some of the things he says are contradictions in and of themselves. ( and are examples)
12. hephaestus*- skimmed and will catchup later
13. Izariael- Already discussed. early townlean, but high expectations expected.
14. Muffin- Torn here. Outing neighborhood protown, but votes Cho as scum same post. claims I scumposted without a definition of why it's scumposting (very similar to Aneninen).
15. Nero Cain- early townvibes. We'll see if these stay.
16. PeregrineV- So town! My God, so town!
17. Scripten- early scumvibes. Some wording makes me wonder.392- A vote on him for "town cred" can only be town cred if Scripten is scum. Stuff like that keeps me from calling you town.
18. T S O- I think he's town this game. Probably means he's scum. Not my issue, but not voting him right now.
19. Thor665- early townread, but then downhill (slowly) from there, as he votes opposite my opinion. Kind of used to that, so not a full on scumread for that at this point.
The worst Thor post was calling this game multiball ( and ) for pretty much no reason (because it's 21 players?!?). Should there turn out to be 2 scumteams, I'll probably strongly advocate for a Thor lynch. Until then, I'll go back and forth with and about him trying to figure out if he is town that I just don't get or scum trying to trick me. Always fun. :]
20. TierShift- very early scumvibe, went away slowly. I see peeks of town, but not enough. Null for now, looking for more.
21. TobyLoby- Early null. The styling of some of her posts I think is town, but their delivery and followup are not there. It's like a one-way questioning but I don't think I've seen responses to the responses to her questions. Slight null-scum, but waiting for a strong read to pop.

More on this multiball thing- When otherscum have otherscum to hunt for, it's easier for them to look town. If it does turn out to be 2 scumteams, that would explain why most of the active posters aren't looking too scummy- they are also scumhunting. But, not crossing that bridge until we get to it, if ever.
I will have Limited Access on weekends.

Garmr
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 23, 2013
Location: The Ban Thread
Pronoun: He

Post Post #502  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:15 pm

In post 501, PeregrineV wrote:9. Garmr- probably town.

This is new this is the first game you ever town read me.

Nero Cain
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: December 07, 2009
Pronoun: He

Post Post #503  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:15 pm

In post 501, PeregrineV wrote:15. Nero Cain- early townvibes

Why?
Join the Fantasy Football league today!
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80085

davesaz
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 25, 2014
Location: Class of 93
Pronoun: He

Post Post #504  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:53 pm

In post 501, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 491, TobyLoby wrote:@Pere, What are your thoughts now that you've read the thread?

Varied and probably not very exciting, but here goes.

Players:
1. Aeronaut*- In some twist of irony has fewer posts than me. We'll see what the catchup police have to say about him, I suppose.
2. Alina- replaced? being replaced?
3. Aneninen- early scumvibes. Later, saying and doing the right things, but taking the meticulous post-by-post approach with no analysis of the posts along with the stunningly empty conclusion of Pere is scum (418). This can easily be compared to Thor's with actual reasons (even if wrong).
4. Boonskiies- Probably scum
5. Cho- thought the mafia claim was good discussion starter. However, it never went anywhere after that, nor was it used to start discussion. For that, downgraded from town-rvs to null (I think psychologically that when scum claim scum it helps relieve their conscious about being scum. If others take it as fake/humor, so much the better. In any scumclaim cases, esp. RVS, ) Nothing has improved the null read, including the wagon on him.
6. GrayfoxxxxCsareo- I liked for town at the start. That diminshed somewhat by the TSO tunnel. Grayfoxx is still got some town sheen, and has not degraded it any since taking over. We'll see how it goes.
7. davesaz- Early scumvibes. Improved somewhat, but still hits me when I read some of his posts. There is scumhunting there, but it seems of the cautious type.
8. Egg- Liked his early push on me. His later self-doubt I read somewhat as town, but keeping your vote there after expressing that doubt takes away the town cred. This is one I'm be exploring more of later.
9. Garmr- probably town.
10. goodmorning- Another player I usually start reading with a town bias towards their posts. So when I read them and feel icky, not a good sign. Leaning scum.
11. Goofyd00d- Early scumvibes. Some of the things he says are contradictions in and of themselves. ( and are examples)
12. hephaestus*- skimmed and will catchup later
13. Izariael- Already discussed. early townlean, but high expectations expected.
14. Muffin- Torn here. Outing neighborhood protown, but votes Cho as scum same post. claims I scumposted without a definition of why it's scumposting (very similar to Aneninen).
15. Nero Cain- early townvibes. We'll see if these stay.
16. PeregrineV- So town! My God, so town!
17. Scripten- early scumvibes. Some wording makes me wonder.392- A vote on him for "town cred" can only be town cred if Scripten is scum. Stuff like that keeps me from calling you town.
18. T S O- I think he's town this game. Probably means he's scum. Not my issue, but not voting him right now.
19. Thor665- early townread, but then downhill (slowly) from there, as he votes opposite my opinion. Kind of used to that, so not a full on scumread for that at this point.
The worst Thor post was calling this game multiball ( and ) for pretty much no reason (because it's 21 players?!?). Should there turn out to be 2 scumteams, I'll probably strongly advocate for a Thor lynch. Until then, I'll go back and forth with and about him trying to figure out if he is town that I just don't get or scum trying to trick me. Always fun. :]
20. TierShift- very early scumvibe, went away slowly. I see peeks of town, but not enough. Null for now, looking for more.
21. TobyLoby- Early null. The styling of some of her posts I think is town, but their delivery and followup are not there. It's like a one-way questioning but I don't think I've seen responses to the responses to her questions. Slight null-scum, but waiting for a strong read to pop.

More on this multiball thing- When otherscum have otherscum to hunt for, it's easier for them to look town. If it does turn out to be 2 scumteams, that would explain why most of the active posters aren't looking too scummy- they are also scumhunting. But, not crossing that bridge until we get to it, if ever.


I have a feeling that there will be people you're reading that I would say I don't have enough information on, so still null to me. I don't think it is fair to call that caution though. I believe being honest about nulls is town while making up a read on little or no evidence is scummy. Not extremely scummy, so not enough to use that by itself as a read.

One of your observations about Thor reminds me of something I've seen at another site. I want to closely re-read the thread before commenting on this further, so this part of my post is largely a reminder to myself to come back to it. Can't spend that much time on it at work.
Spoiler: ""
Check my profile age if you want to know why the reminder lol

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #505  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:54 pm

I have never agreed with the multiball tell. I don't agree with multiball spec, because it distracts town, but I really don't think you have to be scum if you bring it up.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

Aneninen
Very Important Pigeon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 09, 2014
Location: Lost in E.B.O.N.Y.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #506  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:15 pm

In post 486, Egg wrote:
Tier to TSO wrote:Aneninen, you are not a VI. A VI is someone who shows no signs of competence or desire to improve. You seem to understand the game and play to full effort. Why do you think you are a VI?


That's a long story. In short: I realized a couple of days ago that all I had done before had been the following: creating theories, hypothesises, producing long walls to explain everything and waiting for a reaction like "ah, now we all can see you're right!" – because I had always thought everyone had townread me automatically. Whenever I had no ideas I started fluffing and whenever my theories turned out shyt (which happened most of the time) I got frozen and did nothing. Now I try to play in a different way.

@Toby, / – I'll check that part and Nero later. (Yes, I've forgotten to follow him. Yet again, I'm a genius.)

@PeregrineV. Because of your catchup and your early reactions I "MissMarpled" you scum. Your list () contains quite a few strange things. Eg. Boonskiies is probably scum with no explanation. Goodmorning is leaning scum because she's "icky". Izariael: "high expectations expected"? Thinking that TSO is town that'swhy he's probably scum. Thor is scummy because he was calling the multiball. Toby is null-scum because of...?

(To "MissMarple" – I read an X player in a game. His/her gameplay was/is very similar to an Y player's one in another game. Y flipped alignment A. Therefore, X is probably A too. "MissMarple-ing" is one of the very few ideas of mine which has been working so far. In this case, X=PeregrineV, A=scum. His readlist confirmed my read anyway.)
R.I.P. Stephen Hawking

PeregrineV
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 23, 2011
Location: Zendikar
Pronoun: He

Post Post #507  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:17 pm

In post 502, Garmr wrote:
In post 501, PeregrineV wrote:9. Garmr- probably town.

This is new this is the first game you ever town read me.


Yeah, TSO too. And not Thor. Whole world is upside-down.
I will have Limited Access on weekends.

PeregrineV
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 23, 2011
Location: Zendikar
Pronoun: He

Post Post #508  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:18 pm

In post 503, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 501, PeregrineV wrote:15. Nero Cain- early townvibes

Why?


Lol...not telling. But a hint, it has to do with that Big Marvel theme game we just finished.
I will have Limited Access on weekends.

PeregrineV
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 23, 2011
Location: Zendikar
Pronoun: He

Post Post #509  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

In post 504, davesaz wrote:I have a feeling that there will be people you're reading that I would say I don't have enough information on, so still null to me. I don't think it is fair to call that caution though. I believe being honest about nulls is town while making up a read on little or no evidence is scummy. Not extremely scummy, so not enough to use that by itself as a read.

One of your observations about Thor reminds me of something I've seen at another site. I want to closely re-read the thread before commenting on this further, so this part of my post is largely a reminder to myself to come back to it. Can't spend that much time on it at work.


Yeah, I try to read early game for vibes, since early posts by necessity are info-light. With flips, they gain something. Obviously, more posting adjusts that, but I want to show the full range for the players that it applies to.

Spoiler:
Already did when you called TSO an "angry young person" :lol:
I will have Limited Access on weekends.

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #510  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:25 pm

In post 507, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 502, Garmr wrote:
In post 501, PeregrineV wrote:9. Garmr- probably town.

This is new this is the first game you ever town read me.


Yeah, TSO too. And not Thor. Whole world is upside-down.


I thought you were townreading me in Marvel Avengers Alliance?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #511  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:37 pm

Also, yes, the angriest young person ever here. Yes, me, my hand's raised.

*sigh*
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

PeregrineV
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 23, 2011
Location: Zendikar
Pronoun: He

Post Post #512  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:39 pm

In post 510, T S O wrote:
In post 507, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 502, Garmr wrote:
In post 501, PeregrineV wrote:9. Garmr- probably town.

This is new this is the first game you ever town read me.


Yeah, TSO too. And not Thor. Whole world is upside-down.


I thought you were townreading me in Marvel Avengers Alliance?


Looking back (since it was before the summer), I think you weren't town so much as you weren't as scummy as everyone else. At least that's what I got looking back at my own posts.

This time my read is purely based on nothing but your posts.

Am I right?
I will have Limited Access on weekends.

PeregrineV
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 23, 2011
Location: Zendikar
Pronoun: He

Post Post #513  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:39 pm

In post 511, T S O wrote:Also, yes, the angriest young person ever here. Yes, me, my hand's raised.

*sigh*


Whippersnapper!!!
I will have Limited Access on weekends.

Muffin
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 17, 2009

Post Post #514  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:41 pm

In post 500, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 499, TobyLoby wrote:Why yes?


I'm actually working on my reads right now, but let's add in all the attention the 2 votes he has has garnered. It earned him a Thor townread, a Muffin inquisition of my vote, an Egg agreement with Izreal of the Scripten vote, and a TobyLoby questioning of the vote. Considering no one but Thor ever squeaked about Scripten prior to his 2 votes, I find all the sudden attention to be interest arousing.

This is specious logic and you know it.

I'm questioning your vote because it was a shitty vote, and the implication that I'm scum defending my buddy Scripten is just a transparent attempt to fling shit at the wall and see what sticks.
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #515  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:41 pm

In post 512, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 510, T S O wrote:
In post 507, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 502, Garmr wrote:
In post 501, PeregrineV wrote:9. Garmr- probably town.

This is new this is the first game you ever town read me.


Yeah, TSO too. And not Thor. Whole world is upside-down.


I thought you were townreading me in Marvel Avengers Alliance?


Looking back (since it was before the summer), I think you weren't town so much as you weren't as scummy as everyone else. At least that's what I got looking back at my own posts.

This time my read is purely based on nothing but your posts.

Am I right?


Ehh, probably. I guess being townread by proxy is a bit different to actually being townread independently here,
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #516  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:42 pm

In post 514, Muffin wrote:
In post 500, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 499, TobyLoby wrote:Why yes?


I'm actually working on my reads right now, but let's add in all the attention the 2 votes he has has garnered. It earned him a Thor townread, a Muffin inquisition of my vote, an Egg agreement with Izreal of the Scripten vote, and a TobyLoby questioning of the vote. Considering no one but Thor ever squeaked about Scripten prior to his 2 votes, I find all the sudden attention to be interest arousing.

This is specious logic and you know it.

I'm questioning your vote because it was a shitty vote, and the implication that I'm scum defending my buddy Scripten is just a transparent attempt to fling shit at the wall and see what sticks.


What's your read on Aneninen?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

TobyLoby
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 25, 2012
Pronoun: She

Post Post #517  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:47 pm

In post 501, PeregrineV wrote:11. Goofyd00d- Early scumvibes. Some of the things he says are contradictions in and of themselves. (295 and 455 are examples)


I don't see the contradiction between these two posts. The one one he says he tends to fly under the radar when there is a lot of action. The second post he says he sucks when there is a lot of activity.

I've heard of the multiball tell. I've seen it once applied and used before successfully on scum, and I've used it as scum to try and lynch town working on the assumption. So it's all over the place for me. I especially don't know what to think of it when someone outright says it.

goodmorning
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: October 15, 2012
Location: THE SWAMPS OF MOSQUITOEY HELL (aka Orlando, FL)
Pronoun: She

Post Post #518  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:48 pm

In post 484, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 61, goodmorning wrote:I was ignoring the Neighbourhood claim because it's not particularly beneficial to out it atm.

Yes, I'm in a Neighbourhood with 3 others and Cho. No, I don't think we can say there's absolutely Scum in the Neighbourhood, though it is likely.

Neighbour claim is indeed completely irrelevant to what's been posted thus far.

Nothing is irrelevant. Also, why would you claim if it's "not particularly beneficial to out it"? Direct contradiction?

Yeah, the rest of that sentence apparently looked irrelevant to you because it clarifies: neighbour claim was irrelevant to all posts that had been posted so far, which was why I had a problem with Cho.
Just because it's not particularly beneficial doesn't mean it would hurt to confirm it.

Hmmmmm. Debating votes...

Vote: Aeronaut
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
Calling On Dragons coming eventually!

Get to know a very pleasant AM.

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #519  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:49 pm

In post 516, T S O wrote:What's your read on Aneninen?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #520  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:50 pm

If you post here, you can just assume that question is designated specifically towards you, since I want answers.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

Muffin
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 17, 2009

Post Post #521  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:51 pm

The simple facts are:
  • by your own statement you couldn't have had a scumread on scripten when you voted because you hadn't read the game and you parked your vote there while you caught up
Then, after catching up you:
  • didn't try to convince anyone else to join you on that wagon
  • didn't show any reasoning as to why Scripten is scum
  • didn't post any analysis of Scripten's posts to highlight scum motivation for his posts
Then, when called on your shitty vote by me you:
  • tried to paint my attack on your shitty vote as a chainsaw defense of scripten
  • posted a big giant reads list stretching something scripten wrote to fit your pre-existing vote

I'm not sure how any of those things come from a town frame of mind.

pedit I don't have a read on aninen i will iso them and get back to you
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.

Muffin
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 17, 2009

Post Post #522  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:51 pm

In post 521, Muffin wrote:The simple facts are:
  • by your own statement you couldn't have had a scumread on scripten when you voted because you hadn't read the game and you parked your vote there while you caught up
Then, after catching up you:
  • didn't try to convince anyone else to join you on that wagon
  • didn't show any reasoning as to why Scripten is scum
  • didn't post any analysis of Scripten's posts to highlight scum motivation for his posts
Then, when called on your shitty vote by me you:
  • tried to paint my attack on your shitty vote as a chainsaw defense of scripten
  • posted a big giant reads list stretching something scripten wrote to fit your pre-existing vote

I'm not sure how any of those things come from a town frame of mind.


All this @peregrine
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.

TobyLoby
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 25, 2012
Pronoun: She

Post Post #523  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:56 pm

Gut scum on Aneninen.

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #524  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:59 pm

Do you feel your vote on Nero is doing anything here?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Large Normal Games