Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:21 am

Post by Fink »

@Acyron

Hey Acyron! You want a reason to vote someone besides Thor? If Thor were scum, do you think he'd let his partner be this useless (whoever they are)?

I'm not saying I'd never vote Thor on some future day, given some more evidence of something clever happenning. But if Thor is scum, it seems like his partner is dead weight. And he has daychat to yell at them
constantly
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:54 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 648, Dyslexicon wrote:
In post 645, Thor665 wrote:Careful, you almost stated an opinion there.

Haha, I knew you wouldn't be able to resist. Oh, what would you have done without me in the game, Thor? And for the record, it was an opinion: It's a null tell. I interpret it that you're seeing it as a town tell? I do not.

I consider it an important tell considering the presented case on how theoryscum Phil is being said to play - if he is playing that way then the point is a noted town tell as it goes against the theoryscum concept.

@Fink - :neutral:
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:55 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 650, Fink wrote:I'm not saying I'd never vote Thor on some future day, given some more evidence of something clever happenning. But if Thor is scum, it seems like his partner is dead weight. And he has daychat to yell at them constantly.

The face for this one is :lol: though.
Or maybe :cry:

The earlier face was for your blithe okayness with the Phil wagon.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:59 am

Post by Fink »

Acyron seems absolutely locked onto you, not really entertaining other options. No it isn't much of a defense of you, honestly you're not that strong of a town read for me, but I think it's a good reason not to vote for you at the moment. That, and your wagon not going anywhere.

My point on Phil isn't that he's jumping at every oppurtunity; it's that he's taking oppurtunities for very little reason, trying to provide minimal ties from himself to his votes. At the same time, I think he's being very cautious (overly so) and not wanting to change his mind or his vote too much. I don't see an inconsistency there.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:02 am

Post by Fink »

It's a joke and a real defense in one!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:03 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 653, Fink wrote:My point on Phil isn't that he's jumping at every oppurtunity; it's that he's taking oppurtunities for very little reason, trying to provide minimal ties from himself to his votes. At the same time, I think he's being very cautious (overly so) and not wanting to change his mind or his vote too much. I don't see an inconsistency there.

Maybe, but he was literally in a situation where he was in a three way tie that included himself, and was offered and provided the perfect excuse to put a 'not Phil' wagon into a strong lead without having to accept any blame.

Why would he do that if scum considering your theory of why he is scum?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:06 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

DCLXVI replaces Bins.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:22 am

Post by Fink »

In post 655, Thor665 wrote:
In post 653, Fink wrote:My point on Phil isn't that he's jumping at every oppurtunity; it's that he's taking oppurtunities for very little reason, trying to provide minimal ties from himself to his votes. At the same time, I think he's being very cautious (overly so) and not wanting to change his mind or his vote too much. I don't see an inconsistency there.

Maybe, but he was literally in a situation where he was in a three way tie that included himself, and was offered and provided the perfect excuse to put a 'not Phil' wagon into a strong lead without having to accept any blame.

Why would he do that if scum considering your theory of why he is scum?

Again, I think he'd do that because he's worried about looking inconsistent. And his comment telling you that he could be convinced to vote Dys (as if you're the one doing the convincing) seems out of touch with your more recent posting, so town or scum I read that as him thinking you're still up for voting Dys.

Which means, in his mind, it's 2 on Blair (you and me), 3 on him (Blair, Dys, and me), 2 on Dys (you and Shaddowez) and 2 on me (him and Droog, who recently said he needed to catch up and reconsider his reads, which could be implying a change of vote.) Give that that puts him as the leading wagon, and he's feeling presure to move his vote, it would be a tie between Blair and Dys. He's been setting up voting for Dys for quite a while, he's worried about looking inconsistent, and if he thinks you are potentially on board with a Dys lynch (which he seems to have believed when he posted that), it makes perfect sense to vote Dys.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:26 am

Post by Fink »

Also, isn't it suspicious (under this same theory) that he seems to be holding off on voting until he sees what Droog is going to do? Like he wants to vote Dys, but he's not committing to it until he seems Droog either abandon his vote for me or double down on it with more of a case. Phil isn't
making
such case, but he's not unvoting for me yet, as if he doesn't want to have to look convinced to move his vote
back
to me, should I become a thing, he's waiting to take his vote off to see what Droog does.
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:13 am

Post by Phillammon »

Unless I've misinterpreted (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), it was prettymuch entirely #560 (and by extension #526)- I've already mentioned that I found Blair's defences more townish than scummish, even with the suspect reasoning in #526. I'm unconvinced that pointing this out is enough to take someone off my hitlist, based on the points I've already made.
Current Losing Streak: 4 (record: 9)
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:02 am

Post by DCLXVI »

Hello, have not read the thread yet, will do so at some as of now unknown point in the future.

Until then...

unvote
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:29 am

Post by DCLXVI »

Thoughts as I read through this.

NOTE! I just got through page 16.

1. Early game Thor is town for attacks on Cheetory. Yes I also am thinking that he is wrong about Cheetory, but his approach to scum hunting seems genuine in the way he is looking for illogical play/logical fallacies/inconsistency or whatever you want to call it.

2. Exactly what I was thinking about Cheetory. Blair can be town as well.
In post 81, Blair wrote:I don't like the logic, but I can believe that Cheetory meant it when he said it - and I do like that.

3. QFT:
In post 84, Blair wrote:I didn't understand the leap from "you seem to be contradicting yourself in the same paragraph" to "You are essentially claiming scum" and I still don't.

4. I don't care what your role is. You are an ass. And an idiot.
In post 85, wgeurts wrote:*Picks up the axe and chops off the head*
VOTE: Cheetory
Majority reached, man I love waking up.

5. Bad idea. Dumb does not equal scum. Though that would make the game a lot easier.
In post 93, droog wrote:VOTE: wgeurts

this one's on principle

6. QFT:
In post 142, Phillammon wrote:For the love of god, the newbie queue exists for a reason...

7. Thor vs. Blair is TvT or I'm scum... I'm at page 10 now and I think I'm just going to start skimming past their posts. Blair is right, but the whole argument is very annoying.

and write after I see that droog said exactly what needed to be said for the most part.
In post 228, droog wrote:thor

this is a textbook semantic wall argument
no one will decipher it all
classic town v. town tactics

which only makes me wonder if you're both scum. probably not.

am doing an iso of blair to elaborate on before

p-edit

this discussion is getting lamer by the post

8. Thor speaks the truth
In post 272, Thor665 wrote:I would wager fair odds that at least one lurker is scum, that's usually a safe bet and Johnny wasn't particularly lurky, so yeah.

9. Agreed
In post 316, Thor665 wrote:I don't think she's trying to lynch me, and never meant to imply as such.

I do think she's trying to present herself as scumhunting more the instant pressure was applied to her. Prior to my pressure it was all "Lulz :3" after my pressure suddenly she's looking at past games and analyzing things.
It feels faked to me. I think if she was town and thought she was doing fine before she would keep doing the same, and if she was town who thought she was doing poorly before would have a more wide range scumhunting work as she tried to get reads on multiple people. Instead she talks about doing all this intense work, but only about one player. That doesn't read wonky to you?

I really don't care to give a whole reads list at the moment. I'll give impressions as I get them for now, forcing myself to have thoughts on every player in a 27 page game too quickly isn't going to be helpful or accurate I think.

What I think about scum hunting:
I think that what people are intending to do is more important they what they are actually doing. Mafia and town can say the same things, it's what they are trying to accomplish that matters. And that is what is also harder to figure out.

Why the above statement matters:
That really is the difference between Thor and Blair, they are approaching the game with completely different approaches to scum hunting which are clashing.

Thor is looking for consistency/inconsistency; blair is trying to determine the motives of what players are doing (at least, that's what I've gather from what i've seen so far.

I prefer the latter method of scum hunting, but it is also clear to me that thor seems to be genuinely employing the former. They are both town, and if this shit between them is still ongoing by the time I get to page 25 I'm going to be rather pissed.

To be continued...
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:57 am

Post by droog »

quick aside

that was the best entrance all game
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Quick follow up - he gonna be *so* pissed.

Also his only competition was Fink, but, yeah, I'll agree it was better than Fink's.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by DCLXVI »

In post 663, Thor665 wrote:Quick follow up - he gonna be *so* pissed.

... I've got a lot to look forward to this evening I guess.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Well at first you think I'm going to lynch Dyx, then I play with your emotions.
Then you find out it's a wedding, Westeros style.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:31 pm

Post by DCLXVI »

MINE!

Can't believe I didn't notice this at first.

@Thor, don't spoil anything
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:24 am

Post by DCLXVI »

@mod,
with the exception of myself, thor and droog... no one has posted in the last 24 hours... Can we get a mass prod? Thanks.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:27 am

Post by Thor665 »

Let's just declare ourselves obv. town and chain lynch everyone else. If the game continues we'll move on from there :lol:
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:53 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 667, DCLXVI wrote:
@mod,
with the exception of myself, thor and droog... no one has posted in the last 24 hours... Can we get a mass prod? Thanks.

Only Acryon is in prod range and he is V/LA, plus it is the weekend. I will send everyone who hasn't posted by time I wake up (~ 8-10 hours from now) an unofficial prod. Thanks.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:53 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VC 3.09
Blair (1)-
Thor665
Phillammon (3)-
Blair, Dyslexicon, Fink
(L-2)

Shaddowez (0)-

Thor665 (1)-
acryon
droog (0)-

Fink (2)-
Pillammon, droog
acryon (0)-

Dyslexicon (1)-
Shaddowez
DCLXVI (0)-

Not Voting (1)-
DCLXVI

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-10-11 20:00:00)
- Oct 11th 19:00 GMT
Last edited by Not_Mafia on Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:00 am

Post by Fink »

In post 667, DCLXVI wrote:
@mod,

I've been kind of waiting for you to finish catching up and hear your thoughts and/or some input from the others. I've been worried Thor and I were more-or-less dominating the thread and I want to pull some actual reactions from the others rather than letting this just move on uncommented upon and forgotten because it's 4 pages in the past or something.

ANd I think the prod deadline is 48 hours, which is only being violated by V/LA acryon right now.
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:14 am

Post by Phillammon »

I'm waiting on DCLXVI too, right now. I have to concur, that's one helluvan entrance, as they go.
Current Losing Streak: 4 (record: 9)
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:26 am

Post by Dyslexicon »

In post 672, Phillammon wrote:I'm waiting on DCLXVI too, right now. I have to concur, that's one helluvan entrance, as they go.

How about responding to in the meantime?
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:29 am

Post by Dyslexicon »

I was also mainly waiting for people other than Thor/Fink and/or for DCL to catch up.

Also: Kitty!

Return to “Completed Open Games”