Open 566: Murder on the Oriental Express (Game Over)

Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:39 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@Titus:
Last time a town player ducked a lying accusation? Probably never, but then again I don't think I've ever seen scum duck it either, so. (shrug)
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:39 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

In post 1113, Riddleton wrote:

Such as, ie. I mentioned only a few examples to avoid the post becoming wall-like. The quotes you cherry-picked illustrate the same point. They're very much surface-reads and contrast with the reads you've given out on other people.

surface reads? spending a fucking hour or so reading someone's meta is a service read? But that is besides the point. if you felt like these were good examples of service reads, why did you not post them?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:40 am

Post by scrambles »

In post 1114, Titus wrote:@Scrambles, I come with two modes. Serious and more serious.

@Acryon, I gave specifics. Scrambles is lying about being a noob and Channel is scumhunting despite his (mistaken) belief he has caught Amy scum. The votes reflect Amy is town.

You and scrambles doing the circle jerk defense isn't looking too good.

Limited activity due to work

I asked you to prove your accusation. You have yet to do so.
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:41 am

Post by Riddleton »

I'm not a newbie either but I'm open about that fact on my Wiki. I don't understand why town-Amy would hide that fact, unless either a) she is scum; or b) she's just a rather educated newbie, as Titus claims.

I suppose that's why I initially voted for Amy, alongside CDB's case.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:41 am

Post by scrambles »

In post 1115, Riddleton wrote:The only qualm I have with AFF is I
still
don't believe she's a newbie.

She's not. I believe she said so previously.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:42 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 1121, curiouskarmadog wrote:what case was she pushing more?

what case(s) has she really pushed all game?

Again, you are not understanding my point. My point is not that she was pushing other cases harder, it is that I did not think that a town player who believed in the Belisarius case as much as she claimed to be doing in such posts would have made such little effort to actually push the Beliarius wagon as she did.

I also want to point out that, if you are reading the thread properly, you will realise that right now I am merely defending the case that I made at the time, rather than using this post as an opportunity to further push for an Amy lynch. Right now I am starting to agree with Titus's concerns that the Amy wagon looks like one that scum are happy to see pushed, and I'm feeling like my attempts to push it have been doing more harm than good. I just want to be clear that I'm responding to your vote in order to make clear my thought processes at the time rather than revive the Amy wagon.

Do you think she was just trying to buy town creds buy voting Bel Day 2? Why not sit back and see if another wagon came along before voting?

I think that scum's preferred scenario is to look consistent (easy to defend) but achieve little. Amy voting Bel at the start of Day 2, given the context, and not doing much about it after that fulfilled those criteria.

NJ, just voted and did say much of anything else, NJ was town.

And if I'd had a problem with inconsistences in 'said and done' from NJ, I would have mentioned it.

So you really think/thought Amy is scum based "hugely" on that?

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty compelling point and I still think it fits a profile of Amy as a Belisarius buddy. That's just being mitigated now by an overall picture of the game's relationship to the Amy wagon.
#greenshirtthursdays
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:43 am

Post by Riddleton »

In post 1129, scrambles wrote:
still

Where?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:43 am

In post 1124, Green Crayons wrote:
@CDB:
I don't understand what you're trying to say. (Not trying to be a dick, I really just don't understand.)

I may have misunderstood your post as well; I took the "counterpoint" thing to be you highlighting that farside post as a suggestion that it fits the profile of her as a Belisarius buddy. I was disagreeing with that interpretation. The paragraph below was a more general statement towards anyone currently suspicious of farside.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:47 am

In post 1123, curiouskarmadog wrote:you talking about the day 1 vote? what does that have to do with what I just posted? actually though...now you mention this.. I need to check something....

Well, you were suggesting that farside is scummy because people who have been nightkilled scumread her (I actually haven't checked what Dry-fit and NJ's takes on farside were since their deaths). My argument there was that that's not a compelling reason to believe that farside suspicion is why they were killed when Belisarius's Day 1 vote makes a much stronger case to support the notion that farside is not his buddy. It's good that you're questioning the nightkills, but both nightkills look much more like PR-hunting attempts to me than attempts to squash suspicion on certain players. Your mentioning to me in the Amy-related post above that NJ didn't say much of anything very loudly is also another reason why it doesn't seem like he was killed to keep him quiet - he was already quiet.
#greenshirtthursdays
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:47 am

Post by Titus »

still

You may have but I have yet to see your evidence AFF is not new.

Meanwhile, I posted two posts that strongly imply you are not new. Plus our discussion of your homesite implies you are not new.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:48 am

Post by scrambles »

In post 933, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:Personal principle - I always self hammer. Just putting that out there.

CDB is scum. Chaos (whom he replaced) showed some real associative tells with Belisarius. CDB is scum. Chaos dropped noobscum tells. CDB is scum. Chaos openly delayed posting. CDB is scum.
Vote: CDB

Kudos to both Beli and one of CDB's posts for instantly making everyone vote for me. I'm not even going to bother right now because clearly I'm getting lynched. Yes I'm giving up, yes it's bad, but I completely lose it when people vote me when I'm town. WIFOM alert, but as scum I tend to actually play to my wincon in these situations and try to get the wagon off me.

Personal principle - I always self hammer
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:48 am

Post by Titus »

How would you even have a read on a player's newness if you are a newbie?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:49 am

Post by scrambles »

In post 1134, Titus wrote:
still

Meanwhile, I posted two posts that strongly imply you are not new. Plus our discussion of your homesite implies you are not new.

Where did I saay I was new.
Please Titus, enlighten me on your inability to read posts.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:52 am

In post 1128, Riddleton wrote:I'm not a newbie either but I'm open about that fact on my Wiki. I don't understand why town-Amy would hide that fact, unless either a) she is scum; or b) she's just a rather educated newbie, as Titus claims.

I suppose that's why I initially voted for Amy, alongside CDB's case.

If Amy
were
lying about being new, I could see
c) Amy is a secret alt who does not want to be known to be such
as a plausible explanation - in fact, honestly, that was my read of her when I first started going through this thread. But I think scenario b) is also plausible. I just don't really see this as a line of inquiry that's likely to tell us much about her alignment.
#greenshirtthursdays
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:52 am

Post by Amy Farrah Fowler »

In post 1071, farside22 wrote:
Amy: CKD pointed out you made a case on beli and day 2 came in with this beli should have been lynches attitude. It reads scummy because you were not around to push the case and no one knows whether you are busy or purposely lurking. Does that make sense to you?
I'm wondering if you thought chaos and beli are both scum why you never switched to the chaos wagon?

No, the reasoning behind it makes no sense to me. I didn't have a huge attitude about it. I stated my opinion on the lynch, people are making a huge fuss over that..

And I didn't switch to the chaos wagon (though now I see that I ought to have) because I felt Beli was more detrimental to the town. Might have been because chaos was posting less at the time and therefore had less opportunities for me to directly confront him.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:53 am

scrambles
: What do you think of acryon?
#greenshirtthursdays
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:53 am

Post by scrambles »

In post 1135, scrambles wrote:
In post 933, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:Personal principle - I always self hammer. Just putting that out there.

CDB is scum. Chaos (whom he replaced) showed some real associative tells with Belisarius. CDB is scum. Chaos dropped noobscum tells. CDB is scum. Chaos openly delayed posting. CDB is scum.
Vote: CDB

Kudos to both Beli and one of CDB's posts for instantly making everyone vote for me. I'm not even going to bother right now because clearly I'm getting lynched. Yes I'm giving up, yes it's bad, but I completely lose it when people vote me when I'm town. WIFOM alert, but as scum I tend to actually play to my wincon in these situations and try to get the wagon off me.

Personal principle - I always self hammer

Oh on top of which,
"WIFOM alert, but as scum I tend to actually play to my wincon"
"I completely lose it when people vote me when I'm town"
I'm sure there are more posts like this. It was obvious from her day 1 input that she wasn't new.
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:54 am

Post by Riddleton »

That's true; c) could also be a plausible explanation. I think that's the least likely though. Occam's razor.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:54 am

Post by scrambles »

In post 1140, ChannelDelibird wrote:
scrambles

I like acryon. What's wrong with him?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:56 am

In post 1143, scrambles wrote:
scrambles

I'm just getting around to writing up my current thoughts on him in the middle of this explosion of posts. I was curious to hear your thoughts; preferably in a little more detail than that.
#greenshirtthursdays
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:59 am

Post by scrambles »

In post 1144, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 1143, scrambles wrote:
scrambles

I'm just getting around to writing up my current thoughts on him in the middle of this explosion of posts. I was curious to hear your thoughts; preferably in a little more detail than that.

I think he's done well to be in the spotlight, I think he's actively engaged players (especially ones lacking in participation), he's asked good questions, has a good train of thought. If you'd like I can go into more detail, but i personally don't see any reason to waste time on someone I like for town. Maybe I'll do a quick re-read tomorrow night and contribute a little bit more to that discussion.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:59 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1137, scrambles wrote:
In post 1134, Titus wrote:
still

Where did I saay I was new.
Please Titus, enlighten me on your inability to read posts.

You said you had one completed game and it wrapped on Tuesday.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:59 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

In post 1130, ChannelDelibird wrote:

Again, you are not understanding my point. My point is not that she was pushing other cases harder, it is that I did not think that a town player who believed in the Belisarius case as much as she claimed to be doing in such posts would have made such little effort to actually push the Beliarius wagon as she did.

I also want to point out that, if you are reading the thread properly, you will realise that right now I am merely defending the case that I made at the time, rather than using this post as an opportunity to further push for an Amy lynch. Right now I am starting to agree with Titus's concerns that the Amy wagon looks like one that scum are happy to see pushed, and I'm feeling like my attempts to push it have been doing more harm than good. I just want to be clear that I'm responding to your vote in order to make clear my thought processes at the time rather than revive the Amy wagon.

I realize that I am reacting to something “in the past”. That is why I said “think/thought”. What I am trying to figure out is if you really believed this case at the time. I don’t see how. It seemed like a stretch. I wonder (and there is no way to tell at this point) if the Amy wagon HAD taken off, if you would have backed off. Clearly it is not going anywhere, so what would CDscum do? Get off the deadend wagon, to join something else. How do you get off a deadend wagon?......
Day 2, Amy was the first person on the Bel wagon. Given that she didn’t post much at all, I am not sure what “she should have pushed harder”. Compared to what? Based on what? Do you have an example of her pushing a case hard at all this game?
I just don’t believe you believed this case when you put it out there.
In post 1130, ChannelDelibird wrote:Right now I am starting to agree with Titus's concerns that the Amy wagon looks like one that scum are happy to see pushed,

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty compelling point and I still think it fits a profile of Amy as a Belisarius buddy. That's just being mitigated now by an overall picture of the game's relationship to the Amy wagon.

okay, so help me understand. CDtown, thinks scum would like to push the Amy wagon. what scum? I know this is Titus’s view, but you are agreeing with it…sooo..who? is there evidence of that?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:59 am

Post by Riddleton »

Scrambles, can you comment on what you think about Acryon's titus case?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:00 am

Post by Titus »

God, I love nailing the scumteam when I sub in.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Open Games”