Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:56 am

Post by Fink »

In post 873, Phillammon wrote:Changing your opinion I have no issue with (see shaddowez).
Changing your opinion with no explanation
, I do take issue with. Please stop misrepresenting my arguments.

That's quite a leap. Why don't you actually read my ISO? I think I talked about my thoughts on Acryon more than almost everyone else.

Again, this case is scummy as hell.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:58 am

Post by DCLXVI »

Phil is town and lynching him is an absolutely terrible idea.

On lunch break now, I can explain more fully if necessary this evening.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:04 am

Post by Fink »

@DCLXVI: Could you also please explain your reasonable reasons for not explaining anything yesterday? And answer all the questions you refused to answer for Reasons.

Anyway, I'm out, possibly for the day, might get to come back later this afternoon, but not sure yet. Please explain everything by tomorrow.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:10 am

Post by DCLXVI »

@Fink, my reasons were that I was not going to take the time to make a full list of reads when Acryon's flip would have a major effect on most of them. I'm lazy that way. It's also a lot easier for me to form reads on players while I am playing with them rather than 25 pages of posts. When I replace in I do put more weight on what is happening while I am playing as opposed to what happened early in the game.

It wasn't that I didn't have thoughts on pretty much everyone, I did, I just didn't see the value in sharing them at that point in time. I did share the one's that I believed were necessary.

As mentioned in my last post I will have my info and reads tonight.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:31 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VC 4.01
Blair (0)-

Phillammon (1)-
Fink
Shaddowez (0)-

Thor665 (0)-

droog (0)-

Fink (0)-

Dyslexicon (0)-

DCLXVI (0)-

Not Voting (7)-
Blair, Phillammon, Shaddowez, Thor665, droog, Dyslexicon, DCLXVI

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-10-21 20:00:00)
- Oct 21th 19:00 GMT
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by Dyslexicon »

@Phil, What do you think of Thor's consistent town read of you?

I'm not particularly moved by Phil's reluctance to vote for acryon, nor his push on Fink for compromising on the acryon lynch. (I think it was pretty obvious Fink wanted Phil over acryon, and I agree with Fink on the point that the Phil lynch didn't seem to happen which was frustrating as hell, especially considering people HAD in fact mentioned the possibility of them agreeing to it, but then didn't after all.)

I wish for more elaborate thoughts from Droog. I want to see what his brain is thinking.

Very interested to hear DCL's reasons for Phil being town and full reads.

Shadow, get your butt in here.
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by Dyslexicon »

Also, Blair, you've been extremely quiet lately, and I can't remember you saying a lot after you were pushed some. I don't like that and I want you to share your thoughts on everything going on.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:48 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 880, Dyslexicon wrote:Shadow, get your butt in here.

Going to dinner shortly, will be on afterwards.
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:49 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 817, Dyslexicon wrote:
In post 586, shaddowez wrote:
dys
- I'm still thinking scum on her, though possibly not as strongly as before. Based on ISO's, I could see an acryon/dys scum team though.

In post 712, shaddowez wrote:I still like my Dys vote, but really don't see her being scum with Acryon, who is my next highest scum read.

In post 811, shaddowez wrote:Since Phil and acryon were the two viable wagons, since I moved my vote off Dys I'm going to move it to who I see as her partner.

Actually, shadow, I'd like you to take me through your thought process on these changes here.
I have my thoughts, but I'd like to hear your's^^

In post 811, shaddowez wrote:
A couple of reasons - while I never did a "rating" system, when I first did my reads list I did feel acryon was scummier than Phil. My read on Phil is partly PoE, and based more on his lack of scum hunting and following up on things. My read on acryon is actually based on things he is saying/how he is saying them, along with his interactions with other people. Additionally, I'm still suspicious of Dys (where my vote was before I moved it), and I see Dys/acryon being a more likely team than Dys/Phil. Since Phil and acryon were the two viable wagons, since I moved my vote off Dys I'm going to move it to who I see as her partner.

In post 819, Dyslexicon wrote:
In post 816, shaddowez wrote:
Dys
- I should have said "who I more likely see as her partner". In the line just above where you bolded I said I see you as a more likely team, not outright saying that you are. I have liked what you've been saying lately, but I'll have to do a more complete reread to see if you still look scummy to me or not.

I'd still prefer an acryon lynch over a Phil lynch toDay.

That ok, but you're kind of using it as a relevant point. When if you "really don't see us being scum together" it's not really a relevant point, imo.

I'm going to start at the end here and work my way backwards, I believe. While I didn't
need
to move my vote, I was the only vote on you, and I don't believe that anybody else was going to move on to you when both acryon and Phil were at L-2 and there were other people ready to move on to either wagon. Rather than have my vote sit on you, who I was still reading as scum, I decided to move it to one of the other wagons. As I said before, I was willing to move to either as a compromise, but since both were in the same position I moved to the scummier of my reads. Since we
know
that there are two scum alive, and I had a total of three scum reads (you/Phil/acryon), if I was reading you as scum one one of acryon/Phil could also be scum. Even though I was finding it difficult to see you as a scum team with acryon, there was no possible way I saw you as a scum team with Phil. I also didn't really see an acryon/Phil team, although in retrospect I suppose I could have been looking at that harder (null point now). That is why I went from saying that even though I didn't see you as a team in , I was comfortable saying that I saw acryon as a possible partner in (clarified wording in ). Would it have looked more town to you if I moved my vote off of you, a scum read, on to acryon, and just said that I don't see you and Phil as partners?

Now, on to why my scum read lessened on you. The following are all from after my initial reads post. I liked your posts and . Everything in it seems genuine, and you're trying to engage people, which is good. I also like the fact that you're willing to take arguments against yourself, even those you don't like, and look at them objectively, relative to yourself and others commenting on them. You have a reads list in in response to Thor, but except for Phil, who we all know is your top scum read, you don't give any explanations. Granted Thor is town reading Phil, so that would be who you need to explain the most about, but it still seems like tunneling. Your jabs on Thor in that post, and in a few of your subsequent posts, made me uneasy, as well as you saying you'd compromise lynch Blair without saying much about her. was also nice, but I wasn't fond of this quote:

In post 707, Dyslexicon wrote:I thought it was scummy at first especially the weight he gave it (well that is weird still, but), I don't really see it as a scum point anymore.

You had definitely put in what I considered more effort and less things that I took as scummy, but I wasn't fully convinced yet. That's why in I was still comfortable with my vote, but had less of a scum read on you than in my first read.

Now that acryon has flipped town, I'm actually willing to move you to null/lean town. I still do
not
see a Dys/Phil team, and I definitely still see Phil as scummy. You've been continuing to push and ask questions, and even though it seems you're tunnelling on Phil at least you're giving arguments too, not just saying "sheep me" or "vote Phil, he's scum". I'm not sure who I think Phil's partner would be right now, but that's something I'll look into more.

In post 861, Phillammon wrote:I'm not sure what the problem is here. If scum wanted to (and weren't already on the wagon) they could have quickhammered. That act would have made it INCREDIBLY obvious that they were scum, however, and I refuse to believe that this hypothetical scum would not have realized this.

Does this mean you do or don't think scum was already on the wagon? Considering there's two scum and four people were on the wagon, what do you think the odds are that neither or only one was on the wagon? This is a very WIFOM-laced post IMO.

Thor
- Considering the flip and everything that's happened since, do you still have a town read on Phil? If so, why, and who but Blair do you think is scummy?
V/LA on Weekends
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:05 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 883, shaddowez wrote:
Thor
- Considering the flip and everything that's happened since, do you still have a town read on Phil? If so, why, and who but Blair do you think is scummy?

I fail to see how the flip makes Phil look particularly scummy, I also am unaware of any new information that has come to light to suggest he is scummy besides the few things Fink mentioned which I have already addressed.

I have indicated suspicion of both Blair and DCL in my first post of this day phase - those reads remain unchanged for me as neither player has even shown up yet for me to delve for info or assess in any new way.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:11 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 884, Thor665 wrote:I have indicated suspicion of both Blair and DCL in my first post of this day phase - those reads remain unchanged for me as neither player has even shown up yet for me to delve for info or assess in any new way.

Good point - Blair's been around less frequently as of late, but DCL was on earlier. Speaking of which...

DCL
- Reads list you promised?
V/LA on Weekends
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:17 pm

Post by Dyslexicon »

@Shadow, you haven't really answered my whole question. Can you please explain your thought process between these two posts?

In post 586, shaddowez wrote:
dys
- I'm still thinking scum on her, though possibly not as strongly as before. Based on ISO's, I could see an acryon/dys scum team though.

In post 712, shaddowez wrote:I still like my Dys vote, but really don't see her being scum with Acryon, who is my next highest scum read.

Based on ISO's you could see us as scum first, and you consistently had us as scum or at least not town reads, so what changed in between that made you think we could really not be teamed?
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:23 pm

Post by Dyslexicon »

In post 883, shaddowez wrote:Now that acryon has flipped town, I'm actually willing to move you to null/lean town.

What impact did acryon's flip have on your read on me if you didn't see us as likely teamed anyway?

and even though it seems you're tunnelling on Phil at least you're giving arguments too, not just saying "sheep me" or "vote Phil, he's scum".

I've been giving arguments way before I ever said "sheep me". Not a change.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:45 pm

Post by shaddowez »

The first thing that I noticed was that you both had interactions with several other people in the beginning, but not each other. In posts , , , and you have a brief back and forth that really provides no content, but provides the illusion of not distancing. You then don't interact for quite some time, including during the wgeurts lynch, which had neither of you on the wagon. His reads list in has you as a null, and is very non-committal. Then, in your reads list in , you list him as null/leaning townish, which also seems very contrived and non-committal. Your response to acryon in didn't do much for me, either, though at that point I was already thinking there could be a link.

In and each of you address Fink, and something about the way that each of you responded made me start questioning whether it would make sense as a team to talk to the same person the way you two were, and I was starting to doubt my team read. Your pushes that a bit more, as you could have just let that go. Acryon could have continued to push the issue to try and get some heat on me, but rather than stand by you stepped in. You read him as null in with no info, but you didn't provide content for...well, anyone really...so that's not really anything at all, other than you did downgrade him from leaning townish. Your and present even more chances for you to distance yourself, which you don't do. acryon had also had a lull in posting (it was over the weekend, so he may have been V/LA, I don't remember), which would have been another good time to continue not interacting, as you still hadn't been doing too much. At this point I felt all comments regarding acryon coming from you felt much more sincere and actually scum hunting than I did in the first part of the game, which led me to believe it was unlikely that you and him were a scum team.

Does that answer your question better?
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:50 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 887, Dyslexicon wrote:
In post 883, shaddowez wrote:Now that acryon has flipped town, I'm actually willing to move you to null/lean town.

What impact did acryon's flip have on your read on me if you didn't see us as likely teamed anyway?

In post 883, shaddowez wrote:Since we know that there are two scum alive, and I had a total of three scum reads (you/Phil/acryon), if I was reading you as scum one one of acryon/Phil could also be scum. Even though I was finding it difficult to see you as a scum team with acryon, there was no possible way I saw you as a scum team with Phil.

You were still a slight scum read, but if it was two out of the three of you, and it's not Phil and you, if acryon was town and I still think Phil is scum, that town reads you.

and even though it seems you're tunnelling on Phil at least you're giving arguments too, not just saying "sheep me" or "vote Phil, he's scum".

I've been giving arguments way before I ever said "sheep me". Not a change.

That actually wasn't meant to be a comparison of you versus you, I meant it as I find it scummy when people just do that as their entire argument and you havnen't been doing that(it actually hasn't really happened much this game, Thor tunneling on Blair has been the most similar to that I've seen).
V/LA on Weekends
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:23 pm

Post by Dyslexicon »

In post 888, shaddowez wrote:The first thing that I noticed was that you both had interactions with several other people in the beginning, but not each other. In posts , , , and you have a brief back and forth that really provides no content, but provides the illusion of not distancing. You then don't interact for quite some time, including during the wgeurts lynch, which had neither of you on the wagon. His reads list in has you as a null, and is very non-committal. Then, in your reads list in , you list him as null/leaning townish, which also seems very contrived and non-committal. Your response to acryon in didn't do much for me, either, though at that point I was already thinking there could be a link.

In and each of you address Fink, and something about the way that each of you responded made me start questioning whether it would make sense as a team to talk to the same person the way you two were, and I was starting to doubt my team read. Your pushes that a bit more, as you could have just let that go. Acryon could have continued to push the issue to try and get some heat on me, but rather than stand by you stepped in. You read him as null in with no info, but you didn't provide content for...well, anyone really...so that's not really anything at all, other than you did downgrade him from leaning townish. Your and present even more chances for you to distance yourself, which you don't do. acryon had also had a lull in posting (it was over the weekend, so he may have been V/LA, I don't remember), which would have been another good time to continue not interacting, as you still hadn't been doing too much. At this point I felt all comments regarding acryon coming from you felt much more sincere and actually scum hunting than I did in the first part of the game, which led me to believe it was unlikely that you and him were a scum team.

Does that answer your question better?

It does answer the question. I don't see how the posts your pointing to really disproves a theory (me/acryon) you considered strong enough to express. It's rather vague, even if you point to specific posts. So it's an answer, but I'm not really sure how to feel about it. Not particularly good.

In post 889, shaddowez wrote:You were still a slight scum read, but if it was two out of the three of you, and it's not Phil and you, if acryon was town and I still think Phil is scum, that town reads you.

1. You scum read me to the point of still liking your vote on me at .
2. At the same time you really can't see me and acryon as a team. And you really really can't se me and Phil as a team.
If acryon and Phil were your stronger scum reads (apart from me), then who then could I be teamed with, and why did it make sense to vote me?
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:57 am

Post by Fink »

Okay, I have to go for the day in a minute, nothing much to say since still waiting on comments.

@Mod Can we get a prod on Blair please?

@ DCLXVI: We ever going to see those reads? And why is "depends on the flip" reason not to clarify your thoughts yesterday?

@ Droog: Can you reread and comment on Dys and my assorted reasons for finding Phil scummy please. If he isn't scummy, could you explain why?

@ Shaddowez: What do you think is the strongest reason you scumread Phil? Do you disagree with any of the arguments I've made?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:58 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Blair has been prodded. She has 24 hours to respond in thread or be replaced. This is her second prod.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:40 am

Post by Blair »

Requesting Replacement

Regrettably it seems I do not have adequate free time at present to devote the effort or attention to this game that it deserves. My sincerest apologies.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:51 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Blair has requested replacement.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:54 pm

Post by DCLXVI »

Yes, I am aware I didn't post last night. I had to work in the evening. I am free tonight and there will be stuff in the next few hours.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:56 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I am aquiver with the vapors in anticipation.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by droog »

Won't post tonight. Spent 9 hours on one assignment

Will provide answers and a fink Iso eventually
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:16 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 890, Dyslexicon wrote:1. You scum read me to the point of still liking your vote on me at 712.
2. At the same time you really can't see me and acryon as a team. And you really really can't se me and Phil as a team.
If acryon and Phil were your stronger scum reads (apart from me),
(1)
then who then could I be teamed with, and
(2)
why did it make sense to vote me?

I feel like I'm answering the same questions again.

(1)
- First off, seeing something as unlikely (or not really seeing it, however it was phrased), does not mean it's impossible. Now, let's look at my thought process again: I only had a total of three scum reads. Dys, acryon, and Phil. Since we know there are two scum, this gives me three total scum teams to work with:
{Dys, Acryon}, {Dys, Phil}, {Acryon, Phil}. Of those three choices, the one I thought least likely, and almost impossible, was you and Phil. I don't really see a connection between you and anybody else, which is why when acryon flipped town I was willing to move you out of a scum read.

(2)
- I'm not sure I exactly understand what you're asking here. I explained in my reads list is and in my response to you in why I was voting for you. If you're asking specifically about 712, that doesn't make sense since I said I was going to move my vote, which I did in . I also already admitted I should have been looking closer at the possible acryon/Phil scum team but I didn't, though that point is completely moot now.

In post 891, Fink wrote:@ Shaddowez: What do you think is the strongest reason you scumread Phil? Do you disagree with any of the arguments I've made?

At this point, I think my strongest reason is his....trying to figure out the best way to word this....lack of follow through? He makes posts that allude to him doing some form of scum hunting, or explaining, or reasoning, but then never really does them. Examples:

- He talks about looking at posts from Dys, looks at one post then never looks at the others
- Says he's going to catch up on things that aren't Dys, responds to two people in his next post, and then his very next post after that is where he says he has nothing to add.
- Is waiting on DCL to give us any more info
- Opposed to the lynch, but rather than give any info says" but I'm guessing my opinion doesn't count at the moment."
- Says he's going to look at people that moved onto acryon's wagon, then only closely looks at Fink until questioned about it

As for your arguments against Phil, I think most of them hold water, especially him misrepresenting you and being dodgy about his answers about the wagon analysis. I do think that your push about Phil's thoughts on opinion changes is a bit of a stretch, especially considering he'd have to think every single person that changed their mind throughout the course of a game would be scummy if that were true.

On a related note of unfulfilled promises:
DCL
- Second night in a row you've promised posting, and second night in a row you've let us down. What's going on here?

Everybody
- What are your thoughts on the Blair replace? Whoever takes over that slot is going to have to try and figure out her mentality with regards to the whole Thor debate, which was a large part of her content.
V/LA on Weekends
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:52 pm

Post by Phillammon »

I'm not really convinced we can glean anything useful from a replacement request. Yes, the replacement's gonna have a hard time, inasmuch as anyone will when subbing into a 35 page read for a relatively active slot.
Current Losing Streak: 4 (record: 9)
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!

Return to “Completed Open Games”