Open 570: Making Friends and Enemies (Mafia Wins!)

Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:05 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1474, Wisdom wrote:Dunno about that one, but
your response to me was a scumclaim
. More on why in a bit because I'm phoneposting right now.

In the meanwhile, give me your opinion on peabody's recent posts like I asked you to.

Explain this more, actually let Shinobi explain it. He's the one that started it.
About WIFOM: Sometimes I just get thirsty and drink both glasses.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:48 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1446, Peabody wrote:
-snip-

I don't like BBT's push on Dave either, so we're on the same page with that-
Peabody, why did you vote for NPAU?
I also liked Dave's response, still on the same page.
I think BBT pointed out a townslip, not a scumslip. I'm null on that pending future interactions/non interactions.
This question "Wait... BBT, is dave town?" seems like natural thought progression. Second guessing himself to the means of "am I assigning feelings to BBT that aren't true?"

I didn't like Josh's hop onto MS near the end of deadline. I didn't like his self-vote.

What do you think I should have done? It's obvious that we took different actions. I moved my vote to someone that I thought was scum.
me voting myself was only half of the situation

-What do you think of Mala voting me after calling me town, instead of her claimed scum reads? What do you think of Mala's not wanting to vote her scum read, because I was voting it?
These are the questions I was thinking about when I voted myself to L-5
What do you think about Mala moving her vote to the wagon rather than to her scum reads. What do you think about Mala's support of the two wagons?

I'm letting emotions into this read.
-snip-
I find my playstyle this game is very reactionary than proactive.
Self evaluation is town tell.

Over all Peabody appears to be reading and catching up regularly (for him). All of his posts seem to flow as though he's typing and thinking at the same time. A lot of his thought's I agree with, and nothing that he has said feels contrived or like he's trying to invent reasons for pushing one way or the other. And..
(the thing I was looking for in this post, which I don't feel had happened previously)
his response to being suspected seems fair and even: no over reaction, or hyperfocus. He actually points out things that he likes from the person that is scum reading him.

My opinion of Peabody remains the same, and further solidified. TOWN.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:57 am

Post by Wisdom »

Nah, I was referring to .

That whole wall does not even remotely feel like you think I am scum, even if you directly state you think so in it. Like, you make the point "Wisdom townreads hephaestus, weird" and then you explain how I could have been driven to that townread via having three strong scumreads. You further explain that might be the case using meta. So what's the deal, you make an accusation then you defend me from it yourself?

I can think of the following things to explain this behavior:

1) You know your arguments for me-scum are ridiculously weak, so you try to play it off like you can see why they're wrong but you're confused. That could give you cred because it appears like you're trying to figure me out but don't know how.

2) You're trying to buddy me. You think I'll see your post and go "oh, that guy totally understands how I am seeing this game. He might be town after all". The fact you mention tunnels from previous games of mine makes this even more possible, as I can't help but think that you're trying to make me think that I'm wrongly tunneling on you.

Maybe it's a mixture of both.

The reason I asked you to state whether you think I am town or scum in the first place is because it was already evident from the way you answered my accusations that you didn't think I am scum. You cared more about trying to make me stop tunneling on you and less (at all, actually) about finding some sort of scum motivation in me pushing you. So I wanted you to state that you think I am scum to prove that you're contradicting yourself.

So yup, you're scum.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:14 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1448, Huntress wrote:
In post 1230, Josh_B wrote:I don't know. I think I may be trying to justify a reason for him being town now that I've seen his flip, or once I realized how many people were scum reading him, I tried to open my mind to the possibility that he was town which caused me to read his posts from a new perspective.

But you were still reading him as scummy after you posted about how many people were scumreading him so I guess it must be the former. Except that you were townreading him
before
the flip; so that doesn't make sense.

I don't really know how to explain it. NPAU was a Schrodinger's Cat.
Big Picture:Not Scum
Little Picture: Scum but second guessing myself according to the big picture.
Post Hoc - Oh look he was town, and I was right to second guess myself on thinking he was scum :D Yay :D

But I have a question to ask you. What's your read on Mala? I know that you've responded to some of her questions, but you really haven't presented any of your own to her.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:15 am

Post by Wisdom »

Okay, thank you for finally sharing a detailed read on Peabody.

Now for my own interpretation on his .

In post 1446, Peabody wrote:BBT's 1v1 vs DaveAZ doesn't look good to me. The push on Dave is based on Dave not doing a certain expected action like 'make another wagon with two days until deadline.' See, I mean, I'm shrugging at this because it's putting expectations on a specific person for a specific action when the way every poster interacts is unique. Maybe gunning for another wagon is something BBT would do, but maybe not Dave. I know it takes a while for me to develop scum reads after I townread the one I voted for.

This first part is a
direct copy
of my own stance on BBT's dave push. See for details.

I was going to vote BBT and then I saw his pointing out of Dave's townslip in 1335.

This continues to reflect my own view on BBT. I stopped pushing BBT when he pointed out that townslip. Peabody mimics it.

What do you think of BBT pointing out a possible Dave scumslip after tunnelling him?

lol->
In post 1371, Wisdom wrote:Mala, what did you think of BBT pointing out dave's townslip?

The only difference here is Peabody was so focused on copying me that he forgot it's a townslip and called it scumslip :lol:

The explaining of why uctriton looked townier means zero to me since I already discussed it with josh and Shinobi and as far as I'm concerned Peabody is just copying the consensus for that. Too late.

The rest of his post is a waffly read on josh. He concludes he doesn't know if he should townread him or scumread him. Figures, because he really doesn't want his scumbuddy lynched but he can't afford defending him either. He's afraid it will be too suspicious.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:25 am

Post by Wisdom »

But I'm not done yet.

In post 1456, Peabody wrote:
Maybe because they are posturing for a Peabody lynch. Yesterday, I was on a majority of the town's TOWN list. Now I'm the target of an 'eh, I'd lynch him'. You won't be able to make anything of this until after my flip, but it may be helpful to look at the pattern now so this doesn't fall through the cracks. Especially if I'm deemed 'town' again and not lynched.

This really comes out of nowhere. Nobody other than myself is considering his lynch, and even I have moved my vote to someone else. There is zero discussion regarding a possible Peabody lynch. Yet here's Peabody, worrying about his possible getting lynched, seeing non-existent posturing about it everywhere he looks.

And then we have this:

In post 1459, Peabody wrote:I'm going to try to be more active so I don't have to catch up on every post. You guys are averaging like 3 pages a day. o.o

No promises, but I cannot let this game do this too me. The vast amount of information flowing is paralyzing me.

You would expect someone who wants to get back in the game and be active to actually.. try to get back in the game. The content of all those last posts together was: a) answering questions he had not answered in time, b) asking a few pointless questions with zero follow-up to Huntress, c) talk to dave about how people are supposedly conspiring to lynch him. No reads. No votes or a case on anybody. No analysis on anything that has happened (besides the BBT v dave thing, where all of his analysis were just copying mine). Nothing useful at all. And yet he's trying to be active.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:36 am

Post by Wisdom »

So, tl;dr.

Peabody and josh are both scum.

All that remains is to find the third one. PoE currently says hephaestus, but both Peabody and Josh voting him on D1 throws me off. Though, it was safe to do so at that point in time given the large npiau and goodmorning wagons.

And a little extra I noticed while rereading earlier today: Peabody and josh replaced AssMuffin and Rambler respectively. You know, those two guys that picked up their role PMs yet chose not to post. Wonder why.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:49 am

Post by Josh_B »

[/gloves]

I swear to god I hope you are scum this game.
[the shortened "because wisdom" wall]
You're reads are different than mine, and I can give you a slight pass on that because you replaced in, but my opinion is that they are all wrong.

Mala and GM both seem to think you're town. I'm town and think that both of them are town. If you're town, I think one of them has tricked me.

You are tunnely dude regardless of alignment. But you're motivations are crap this game.

If I can't get support to lynch you today, I'm pretty sure town is going to lose.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:52 am

Post by Wisdom »

Just a tip, you need a case if you want to get support. Right now it just looks like you want to subtly make people doubt me because I've figured out two scum.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:55 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

GM is the third scum.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:59 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1288, Wisdom wrote:josh, what did you think of my hephaestus townread?

In post 1481, Wisdom wrote:All that remains is to find the third one. PoE currently says hephaestus, but both
Peabody and Josh voting him on D1 throws me off.
Though, it was safe to do so at that point in time given the large npiau and goodmorning wagons.

This. does not Follow. It doesn't follow anything that has happened in the game. It doesn't follow anything that you've said previously. It doesn't make sense. it throws you off because the snake oil that you're peddling is worthless and full of garbage.

p.edit. Oh nice to see you there BBT.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:00 am

Nice to see you to Josh.

You lied to me. I'm hurt.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:03 am

Post by Wisdom »

What does your and Peabody's D1 vote on hephaestus have to do with 1288?

I think the point you wanted to make was "didn't you say hephaestus is town? Why are you now considering him as the third scum?". The answer to that is that he's my weakest townread which I was doubting anyway due to his failing to participate in the game like it seemed he wanted to do in the beginning of D2. My other scumreads became more town in the meanwhile, so that makes him a quite plausible third scum.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:05 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1484, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:GM is the third scum.

I doubt it, but what was your case on her again?
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:05 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1486, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Nice to see you to Josh.

You lied to me. I'm hurt.

LOL. I haven't lied this game at all.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:07 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1487, Wisdom wrote:What does your and Peabody's D1 vote on hephaestus have to do with 1288?

I think the point you wanted to make was "didn't you say hephaestus is town? Why are you now considering him as the third scum?". The answer to that is that he's my weakest townread which I was doubting anyway
due to his failing to participate in the game like it seemed he wanted to do in the beginning of D2
. My other scumreads became more town in the meanwhile, so that makes him a quite plausible third scum.

Is that your case against Peabody or is that your case against Hephaestus?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:08 am

Post by Wisdom »

You lied in your first post this game ^^

pedit: That's not really a case, but it's in regard to hephaestus
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:10 am

In post 135, Josh_B wrote:
In post 126, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Hey Josh,

You town?

Yep, I'm town.

This isn't a lie?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:11 am

Wisdom ninja'd me.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:13 am

It's mostly due to her not doing much the entire game. I just don't feel like she has been scum-hunting at any point.

She is lurking hard.

There is also the associative to do with Josh's and Pea's late D1 play (reluctance to join the GM wagon) but that doesn't hold much water without a flip.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:17 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1491, Wisdom wrote:You lied in your first post this game ^^

pedit: That's not really a case, but it's in regard to hephaestus

Show me where I lied.
I've been trying to get Hephaestus votes all game if you are going to say I'm scum, IT'S NEVER GOING TO MAKE SENSE THAT THE ONE PERSON I'VE CALLED SCUM ALL GAME IS ON MY TEAM.

Get my town flip, and I'll show you where I haven't
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:19 am

That's why it's GM
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:19 am

Post by Wisdom »

She can, unfortunately, be like this as town.

Anyway, we'll care about who the third scum is after lynching the other two.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:21 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1495, Josh_B wrote:
I've been trying to get Hephaestus votes all game if you are going to say I'm scum, IT'S NEVER GOING TO MAKE SENSE THAT THE ONE PERSON I'VE CALLED SCUM ALL GAME IS ON MY TEAM.

Yeah, because scum never bus. That's the same argument you made when you supported that npiau can't possibly be scum with goodmorning because he voted her.

Noope.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:29 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1498, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1495, Josh_B wrote:

Yeah, because scum never bus. That's the same argument you made when you supported that npiau can't possibly be scum with goodmorning because he voted her.

Noope.

Even that was true. I'll just keep saying true things.

Return to “Completed Open Games”