Open 566: Murder on the Oriental Express (Game Over)

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:42 am

Post by Baezu »

Vote Count 3.11Titus: (2) acryon, scrambles
acryon: (1) Farside22
ChannelDelibird: (3) Curiouskarmadog , Kalimar, Amy Farrah Fowler
(L-2)
scrambles: (4) Titus, Riddleton, ChannelDelibird, Green Crayons

Not Voting:

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-10-18 20:47:00)

Mod Notes:
None
[/area]
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:49 am

Post by farside22 »

Well my vote seems to go no where and the cbd "case" is pretty lacking.

Vote: scrambles
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:17 am

Post by scrambles »

gee thanks.
so happy I wasted my time.

MIght just hammer myself.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:19 am

Post by scrambles »

If I'm not hammered by the time I get to work, I'm going to do it myself.
There's no hard feelings, gc. I'm confident my lynch will point in the right direction. SO whatevs.
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:20 am

Post by Riddleton »

Not in favour of the CDB case.

There's chaos, and everything acryon and Toby pointed out about him, of course.

I'm willing to write off most of Chaos' play as newbie town for the moment. Main reason is that I'm happy CDB's actions are fairly town. There's the Amy wagon he led, which ultimately collapsed but I don't think it's scummy to be wrong about a scum suspect. Changes happen over the course of the game and that's normal.

I think CKD's observation of the two NKs suspecting CDB/farside is at least a consideration, if a minor one.

NK analysis is WiFOM and generally doesn't mean anything. My theory on this, is NK analysis is like a puzzle. Except that you're not 100% sure all the pieces form together to make a pretty picture. Is it worth trying to build the puzzle, even though you're sure your efforts might be fruitless, and time wasted?
It's incomplete information, and only scum would know why they've shot XYZ. Some cases it's more obvious than others (like for the Dry-Fit kill, Beli himself said 'I think he was a PR'), but most of the time, it's just WiFOM from the scum.
I know people like to divulge in this but personally I don't think it's worthwhile.

And as for CDB himself, CDB's play comes across as very careful and calculated. I can't necessarily fault his play (having tried earlier), but at the same time it doesn't come across as town, either.

I can understand this point. Does CDB do this kind of thing as scum and/or town in his meta?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:29 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

okay here, got 20 minutes to read...going to read..

also saw this.

In post 1620, farside22 wrote:What is the case in cbd, that has nothing to do with chaos?

you following the thread closely or just skimming?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:35 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1630, curiouskarmadog wrote:okay here, got 20 minutes to read...going to read..

also saw this.

In post 1620, farside22 wrote:What is the case in cbd, that has nothing to do with chaos?

Currently skimming.
Something's I read, long cases I skim, except the case GC put on scramble.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:39 am

Post by Amy Farrah Fowler »

I don't want to defend Scrambles, but since my last scumread on him he's become increasingly townish, and on the whole I disagree with the premise of the lynch.
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:41 am

Post by Amy Farrah Fowler »

In post 1631, farside22 wrote:
In post 1630, curiouskarmadog wrote:okay here, got 20 minutes to read...going to read..

also saw this.

Currently skimming.

Then you're really in no position to call something a "case" or dismiss other notions.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:42 am

In post 1419, farside22 wrote:

note to self:I think I have a meta read on CKD, but I need to check into this before I do anything else.

ummm farside? i thought you were going to do this....if it was indeed a good meta, dont you think it is important to get this in today?

if it was a bad one, why arent you following up on it today? You did say you needed to check it before doing anything else, else you are doing other things, I assumed you checked it? what did you find? or maybe you decided to leave it alone because...

In post 1422, curiouskarmadog wrote:

was this really a note to self farside or are you just laying ground work for tomorrow? Why even make this comment? If you are that worried about me, just kill me tonight, this town is clearly not worried about night kills. And when you get attacked tomorrow, you can always say "well obviously he was killed because of (this) post, clearly I am being framed"

and you completely let this go without addressing it.

In post 1501, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 1429, farside22 wrote:
In post 1427, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 1426, ChannelDelibird wrote:
Thing No.1 (i.e. the only one that really springs to mind right now but, who knows, there might be more later): @CKD

CKD, as I've said before, I think it's very good that you're looking at nightkills but I want to state again my strong belief that you have drawn the wrong conclusion. I don't think that the main thing implied by the kills is that scum are trying to silence people who suspect farside.

You are ignoring what seems to me the most important part of the nightkill analysis - that Dry-Fit flipped Jailkeeper.

two
3 points and then I really got to to go back to work.

1.) the two dead people thought farside AND YOU(chaos) was scummy.

2.) If I AM on the right track, what would CDBscum say right now? Something similar?

3.) Who cares if Dry-Fit flipped a PR? I went back and reread him I dont see anything that remotely looked like a crumb. or a play that looked like how a typical PR would play...or anything that screamed I AM OBVIOUSLY A PR! I think scum got lucky on that kill.

I feel like pointing out Beli's post again about his read on dry-fit.
Lucky, probably. But if beli's comment was there for wifom.

also what is your point here?

Me: I think farside and Chaos could be scum because someone died that thought both of them are scum.
Bel: Uh, I actually think that someone was killed because he looked like a PR
Farside: look Bel mentioned that this kill was because they thought he was a PR

lets break it down

Me: I think farside and Chaos could be scum because someone died that thought both of them are scum.
Bel: Oh shit CKD is catching on, I better say something to shoot that theory out of the water before my partners get heat.
Farside: Look, my partner even said it was something else...see nothing to see here.

Farside, WHy would Bel provide that information? nobody asked him what his thoughts on the NKs were...interesting that he chose to say this when he did. He was trying to say he thought I was scum...he kept saying I was buddying up with him. "Look everybody, CKD is scum...but let me address this one statement he made with some seriousness and explain why I think it was wrong."

come on now...

still reading.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:43 am

also saw this.

Currently skimming.

I will make it easy on you...read my response to GC..then comment.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:46 am

In post 1626, farside22 wrote:Well my vote seems to go no where and the cbd "case" is pretty lacking.

Vote: scrambles

so why vote here?

was there a case you saw (ie didnt skim over) you thought was good?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:48 am

running out of time, can someone quickly post where scrambles basically said "ok I was lying" i thought he did say that somewhere...I wanted to see WHY he said he was lying..

also, it will have to be pretty damning , seeing that FS and CDB are on that lynch.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:04 am

Post by scrambles »

Just got to work, I decided that im going to hold off a bit because I want to make one last read post. I want just an objective post about what I think about everyone, because ive spent most of the day trying to defend myself so I at least owe something, in spite of nobody wanting to listen to my titus push.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:05 pm

Post by scrambles »

Looks like im not going to have time. Its super busy here and 2 servers called out.
um well titus and riddle are my top two. Maybe not both but definitely one of them.
I dont like the flipflopping on the cdb wagon, so that might point to him being town.

Anyway gtg gl hf see u in hell
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 1633, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:

also saw this.

Currently skimming.

Then you're really in no position to call something a "case" or dismiss other notions.

I asked GC and it was more about chaos, wifom and gut.

In post 1634, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 1419, farside22 wrote:

note to self:I think I have a meta read on CKD, but I need to check into this before I do anything else.

ummm farside? i thought you were going to do this....if it was indeed a good meta, dont you think it is important to get this in today?

if it was a bad one, why arent you following up on it today? You did say you needed to check it before doing anything else, else you are doing other things, I assumed you checked it? what did you find? or maybe you decided to leave it alone because...

In post 1422, curiouskarmadog wrote:

was this really a note to self farside or are you just laying ground work for tomorrow? Why even make this comment? If you are that worried about me, just kill me tonight, this town is clearly not worried about night kills. And when you get attacked tomorrow, you can always say "well obviously he was killed because of (this) post, clearly I am being framed"

and you completely let this go without addressing it.

In post 1501, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 1429, farside22 wrote:
In post 1427, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 1426, ChannelDelibird wrote:
Thing No.1 (i.e. the only one that really springs to mind right now but, who knows, there might be more later): @CKD

CKD, as I've said before, I think it's very good that you're looking at nightkills but I want to state again my strong belief that you have drawn the wrong conclusion. I don't think that the main thing implied by the kills is that scum are trying to silence people who suspect farside.

You are ignoring what seems to me the most important part of the nightkill analysis - that Dry-Fit flipped Jailkeeper.

two
3 points and then I really got to to go back to work.

1.) the two dead people thought farside AND YOU(chaos) was scummy.

2.) If I AM on the right track, what would CDBscum say right now? Something similar?

3.) Who cares if Dry-Fit flipped a PR? I went back and reread him I dont see anything that remotely looked like a crumb. or a play that looked like how a typical PR would play...or anything that screamed I AM OBVIOUSLY A PR! I think scum got lucky on that kill.

I feel like pointing out Beli's post again about his read on dry-fit.
Lucky, probably. But if beli's comment was there for wifom.

also what is your point here?

Bel: Uh, I actually think that someone was killed because he looked like a PR
Farside: look Bel mentioned that this kill was because they thought he was a PR

lets break it down

Bel: Oh shit CKD is catching on, I better say something to shoot that theory out of the water before my partners get heat.
Farside: Look, my partner even said it was something else...see nothing to see here.

Farside, WHy would Bel provide that information? nobody asked him what his thoughts on the NKs were...interesting that he chose to say this when he did. He was trying to say he thought I was scum...he kept saying I was buddying up with him. "Look everybody, CKD is scum...but let me address this one statement he made with some seriousness and explain why I think it was wrong."

come on now...

still reading.

In post 1635, curiouskarmadog wrote:

also saw this.

Currently skimming.

I will make it easy on you...read my response to GC..then comment.

I ended up busy with a few interviews and my hubby took me out yesterday as a surprise pre b-day celebration.

Off the top of my head I thought cbd lurked as scum. I have not verified the meta.

As for your comment to GC, I'll check for it shortly.

My vote on scramble is for 2 reasons, 1) no one else is voting acryon (2)deadline is coming up in a few hours and a no lynch is not helpful.

And the little wants my phone, so the check of post to GC will not happen.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:45 pm

Post by Kalimar »

Deadline vote.

Vote: Scrambles

Not enthused by the vote, but think a no lynch would be worse given the current gamestate.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:13 pm

Post by Baezu »

flip and flavor coming in the morning
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:57 am

Post by Baezu »

Vote Count 3.12Titus: (2) acryon, scrambles
ChannelDelibird: (2) Curiouskarmadog , Amy Farrah Fowler
(LYNCH!)
:right: scrambles: (6) Titus, Riddleton, ChannelDelibird, Green Crayons, Farside22, Kalimar

Not Voting:

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-10-18 20:47:00)

Mod Notes:
None
[/area]
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:20 am

Post by Baezu »

You spend the entire day mulling over the clues: a pipe cleaner and a button from a uniform. You also think back to the drugged glass and the kimono wearer. What could it all mean?

You decide to go back to the luggage car. You've seen several people smoking so it seems futile to look for smoking equipment but an idea dons on you. Perhaps one of these people is a doctor who has access to drugs.

Looking through the bags, you find a vial of poison belonging to an Edward Harry Masterman, who was Colonel Armstrong's batman during the war, and later his valet, who acted as butler for the Armstrong household. But the only valet on board was Dryfit's and he seemed not to be associated with the case.

As it turned out, after more research, you discover that Dryfit's valet was in the Armstrongs' employ shortly after the war and the only reason he went to work for Dryfit is because of his love for little Daisy and to plan his revenge.

You immediately broach his chamber and have him thrown off the train into the snow to starve. Once again, you seem to have made the right decision. This case is almost wrapped up. You can almost taste the sweet taste of justice as you sip your evening tea.

Scrambled has been lynched. He was a
Mafia Goon

Night 3 Begins. You have 48 hours to submit your actions to me via PM

(expired on 2014-10-21 11:05:00)
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:58 am

Post by Baezu »

Day 4 may start a few hours late. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Baezu »

You cannot sleep that night. Partly because of the celebratory mood of catching one of the killers but partly because of the fact that there was still another one on the loose. You were sure there was going to be another death tonight, and it could be you.

You lock your door, check your windows and keep your revolver by your head. You don't remember when you nod off but you wake to the sun streaming into your cabin.

Could it be? Could the night have gone off without a death?

Walking into the dining car you see a horrifying sight. Kalimar is lying face first in his morning oatmeal - face blue. You're tired of more deaths...

...but at least it wasn't you...

Kalimar has been killed. He was
Vanilla Townie

Day 4 begins
Last edited by Baezu on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:33 pm

Post by Baezu »

Vote Count 4.00Not Voting: acryon, Farside22, Curiouskarmadog , Titus, ChannelDelibird, Riddleton, Green Crayons, Amy Farrah Fowler

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-11-04 19:32:00)

Mod Notes:
None
Show

Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:55 pm

Post by Riddleton »

VOTE: CKD

Although the AtE doesn't sit well with me, I'm fairly sure acryon isn't scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:32 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 1648, Riddleton wrote:VOTE: CKD

Although the AtE doesn't sit well with me, I'm fairly sure acryon isn't scum.

I disagree

Vote: acryon

Return to “Completed Open Games”