Micro 395: Role Roll Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:19 pm

Post by Micc »

Votecount 3.03

yoloswag123 (1)
: Edosurist

Not Voting (4)
: farside22, Save The Dragons, yoloswag123, Lissa

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 votes to Lynch or No Lynch.

Notes
: Edosurist is on V/LA until Monday

Deadline
:
The deadline for Day 3 is in (expired on 2014-10-21 22:30:00)
Last edited by Micc on Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:21 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Woo hoo I barely have to do anything! I'm about halfway through the thread didn't end day 1 yet. I look forward to reading that claim.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:37 pm

In post 333, yoloswag123 wrote:still think you're all scum.

You sir are adorable.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:37 pm

Sorry. It.
yoloswag123
yoloswag123
Goon
yoloswag123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:00 pm

Post by yoloswag123 »

hey I have to post "content"

oh yeah still all scum
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:04 pm

I'm not sure if giving a bunch of reads is necessarily a great idea since it might tell scum who to keep alive for D4's actual lylofest.

I will post tomorrow what I think; I read through the game but I'm having trouble so I want to look through it one more time.

Concerned about farside's read on my slot cuz I know I am not scum, and I think if you think that you're giving this:

In post 44, CCXEEX wrote:VOTE: yoloswag

what a name

In post 73, yoloswag123 wrote:@xox88(sorry I can't remember your name.) fair enough.

way too much credit.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:11 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 355, Save The Dragons wrote:I'm not sure if giving a bunch of reads is necessarily a great idea since it might tell scum who to keep alive for D4's actual lylofest.

I will post tomorrow what I think; I read through the game but I'm having trouble so I want to look through it one more time.

Concerned about farside's read on my slot cuz I know I am not scum, and I think if you think that you're giving this:

In post 44, CCXEEX wrote:VOTE: yoloswag

what a name

In post 73, yoloswag123 wrote:@xox88(sorry I can't remember your name.) fair enough.

way too much credit.

rotton did coast and hammered at the end while really involved in the conversation. He then had vague reasoning then left.
Nothing fleshed out and reads lost scum to me.
Second would be edo.
Also the scum will kill someone that is town either way. Sure you can quick lynch scum but I personally thought I was going to be killed and wanted my thoughts out for the day on who I see as scum and see if I was correct with having a back and forth discussion about this. The way today is going not much is being said. Will tomorrow be the same. I would rather have the time for discussion then nothing.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:00 am

Apologies, this is kind of Sunday morning waking up stream of consciousness so it's a little messy.

You don't think if everyone just said "XXXX is town" scum would kill that person? It's different than scum just deciding to kill someone as town.

On day 2, does yolo's partner jump onto his investigation result or do they take a step back?

Farside is the only one off the fuzzybutternut wagon (of the three of the remaining players) I suppose my slot ended the day quickly; that could mean one of two of us were wringing their hands, not sure if they wanted to get invovled with this madness. Since it's not me, if I think that, then it's farside.

How does everyone respond to yolo's revelation d2?

farside asks to verify yoloswag's claim. which means scumfarside is ready to sacrifice yolo by forcing him to verify his claim. town farside is just doing what any town would do.

Asking if he's the only visitor is a little worrisome to me; why does he select one visitor and attack them over another? Though it is confirmation so it's not out of left field.

fruit vendor farside also inquires about scum being able to kill and perform ability. Could be posturing with a question she already knows.

Okay, confession...I'm wary of farside since she's bothering my gut. I'm trying to see if the scum narrative makes sense. I don't think it does but I don't like getting fooled so I'll post these thoughts anway.

Edosurist's is bothersome, strikes me as a "I'm totally invested in both sides" sort of thing.

Edosurist's discredit's the town player's posts, which aids in his lynch.

farside's town directing posts look more like town playing town. Edosurist's town directing posts look more like scum posturing.

Edosurist's VCA doesn't take into account that Maruchan self-hammered, nor does it definitively determine which of Lissa or myself are the remaining scum, as does his two follow ups where he reads the interactions with yolo and one of {Bins/Lissa, X88B88/Rotten Chef/STD}. He's providing content to appear town but he's throwing things out there hoping other people will catch them and...roll...with it.

Lissa is pretty ballsy if she's yolo's partner. She goes full force for yolo's plan. and don't seem to come from yolo's partner...although on the other hand the truth is yolo is dead the second he claimed Watcher so his partner could very well bus him to high heaven.

Therefore maybe my rant on farside is interesting, but maybe unfounded.

from scum to town I'm at this order:
Edosurist
Lissa
Farside
STD

If we're putting all our cards down:

farside, can you elaborate your edo read?
Edo, pick one of Lissa, myself and explain why we are scum.
Lissa, reads?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:30 am

Post by farside22 »

@Dragon:

My issues with Edo where posted here some of it is just gut, like it feels like all the right moved but nothing is really there when I read edo's post.
The unvote he just did even feels weird. I don't get why he did the unvote. Felt unnecessary and off.

It sometimes is just the little things.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Lissa
Lissa
Goon
Lissa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:35 am

Post by Lissa »

prod dodge while I write my actual post.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:30 pm

I'm second guessing myself. It's hard to do what is essentially lylo analysis cold; I haven't been playing the game with you all.

In post 14, yoloswag123 wrote:
Vote farside22

I'm the kind of guy who claims D2 on a lying result because I'm mafia with a PR and know I can take out someone, a known power role, no less. Do I RVS my partner or do I play it carefully?

They talk an awful lot day 1, though...it brings a lot of attention to their interaction.

This is a puzzle...

There's the law, farside, seemingly darting in and out trying to catch the baddies and prevent trouble
There's the referee, Edo, who steps in and tries to direct the game in a protown manner
There's the quiet one, Lissa, who is

hmmm. I accused edo of discrediting town but Lissa does it first here:

In post 225, Lissa wrote:Also, Fuzzy claiming he thought a "strong-willed roleblock" blocked incoming actions was weird.

Also of note

In post 327, Lissa wrote:So:
if second scum is farside, scum voted their buddy in RVS
if second scum is edo, scum sheeped their buddy in RVS
if second scum is x88/rotten, scum voted their buddy in RVS

if second scum is Bins/Lissa, then scum basically ignored each other for the RVS. It's weird for her to post this, it makes her look a little worse....
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:58 am

Post by farside22 »

Lisa's lack of comments bug me, but it's minor. She did unvote when I asked. Scum could just lurk if they wanted a quick lynch to prevent discussion.

Her scum hunting is blah, as far as cases go
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:05 am

So the person who says "hmm, I should probably take my vote off at a town prompting" is less suspicious than the person who hasn't moved their vote?
Lissa
Lissa
Goon
Lissa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:57 am

Post by Lissa »

In post 343, farside22 wrote:
In post 340, Lissa wrote:
In post 336, Edosurist wrote:

I still don't fully get Yolo's move. I mean, it will take us to 2:1 lylo without a scum wagon to analyze, basically with less information, so there's that. But I still don't completely understand why a widely townread scum would make this move out of the blue. I'm trying to see what the underlying motivation was here.

Presuming yolo's a watcher, he might've assumed that fuzzy was also a watcher. The weak part of this theory, though, is that fuzzy didn't claim when he posted. Not to mention the fact that fuzzy HAD to be a watcher.

Well, perhaps. I don't think that's really relevant if I'm understanding right what you're saying, I just thought a widely townread scum fakeclaiming (well, real-claiming with a falsely incriminating and disprovable result) unprompted and pre-lylo like that was odd. It wasn't really about what specifically him or Fuzzy claimed.

I just saw this discussion.
The benefits to doing it is lynching a PR for scum.
Yes you lose one scum member, but tomorrow is lylo so there is still trying to figure out the last scum.
That was why I was bothered by edo's desire to quick vote to end today without discussion.
One player more that is town will be dead and having 3 town left currently discussing the players left in the game can help.

Lisa: where are you standing currently? I had an issue with rotten's vagueness with scum hunting. I checked to see if he posted elsewhere about 3 days ago and found he wasn't around.

I guess I see why it would be advantageous. Another thing I realized is there is not exactly a wagon to analyze, because of how it played out. I thought to analyze the yolo wagon and then realized - he didn't exactly have one.

I found rotten scummy. Though I like his replacement so far, I don't believe that overrides rotten's actions. I think the scum is between him or Edos.
I was unsure if quicklynching was usual protocol/considered wise under these circumstances. Seeing that it is seemingly not, I also find Edos's desire to do so a little worrisome.

I unvoted because I realized ending day so fast was in fact a bad idea and didn't want yolo to self-quickhammer to cut off discussion.
yoloswag123
yoloswag123
Goon
yoloswag123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:36 am

Post by yoloswag123 »

still all scum.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:15 pm

In post 363, Lissa wrote:Though I like his replacement so far,

Aw, thanks...

In post 363, Lissa wrote:I don't believe that overrides rotten's actions. I think the scum is between him or Edos.

Spoiler:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 362, Save The Dragons wrote:So the person who says "hmm, I should probably take my vote off at a town prompting" is less suspicious than the person who hasn't moved their vote?

Given the circumstances, yes.

Serious question: what do you fear most when you are scum?
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:24 pm

Post by Micc »

Votecount 3.03

yoloswag123 (1)
: Edosurist

Not Voting (4)
: farside22, Save The Dragons, yoloswag123, Lissa

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 votes to Lynch or No Lynch.

Notes
: Edosurist is on V/LA until Monday.

Deadline
:
The deadline for Day 3 is in (expired on 2014-10-21 22:30:00)
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:58 pm

I want to be clear I wasn't trying to persuade you one way or the other.

My fears while scum...ummm...heights? Unidentified insects crawling on me? Dying painfully after leaving things unresolved with a person I care about?

I don't really have a good answer to that. When I'm scum I obviously don't want to get caught and I don't want to hurt my team. I can get stressed about it and sometimes worried. I don't like getting lynched and I'll fight tooth and claw to avoid it if I can but that's regardless of alignment.

Probably not what you were looking for...why the question?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:49 pm

I'll vote tomorrow morning.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:53 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 368, Save The Dragons wrote:I want to be clear I wasn't trying to persuade you one way or the other.

My fears while scum...ummm...heights? Unidentified insects crawling on me? Dying painfully after leaving things unresolved with a person I care about?

I don't really have a good answer to that. When I'm scum I obviously don't want to get caught and I don't want to hurt my team. I can get stressed about it and sometimes worried. I don't like getting lynched and I'll fight tooth and claw to avoid it if I can but that's regardless of alignment.

Probably not what you were looking for...why the question?

It's what I think about when I scum hunt. You know, putting yourself in the situation.
Obviously scum watched wgeurt, was there a plan in the works to lynch the PR or did yo decide it upon himself.
Scum now obviously outted, vote said buddy.
I would fear town getting together and gathering info.
See you looked at this as helping scum, I see this discussion as putting the fear into scum.

That said, if you disagreed with having this convo, why did you not vote yo?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:38 am

I'm very confused...I don't disagree with having this conversation.

I wanted to know why you asked specifically about my "fears." It sounds like a RQS question and I'm trying to figure out if you're trying to get at my meta or something. I didn't think about myself as scum in this particular situation, since that's not what you asked.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:49 am

VOTE: Yolo

I still might be around but deadline's coming and I don't know if I can post much. See you tomorrow.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:06 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 371, Save The Dragons wrote:I'm very confused...I don't disagree with having this conversation.

I wanted to know why you asked specifically about my "fears." It sounds like a RQS question and I'm trying to figure out if you're trying to get at my meta or something. I didn't think about myself as scum in this particular situation, since that's not what you asked.

I don't have time for meta, more like just trying to understand your thought process and what you go through when you scum hunt. How you perceive things.

Not really rqs, I don't have much from your spot.

Why did you vote now? Still not sure why you didn't vote earlier if you disagreed with having a discussion.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:08 am

Post by farside22 »

Also, the question I asked helped me tons in another game I was in.

I'm leaning on Edo more as scum based on a few things from Dragon, I do wonder why he didn't vote to end the day earlier. Rotten's hammer at the end of day bugs me, but edo seems very disengaged in the game.

Anyone else have anything to add before day ends?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”