Newbie 1544 - Shakespeare Mafia: GAME OVER!

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by House »

Shinobi
-
Scum

Already explained, and his later posts (with the sole exception of 268) aren't redemptive.

aphix
-
Town

Logical evolution on suspicion (via faulty reasoning).

First he was all over Klingoncelt for being scum. Then, he suspected me of being scum "leading" scum-Klingoncelt. Then he admitted my post did not come across as scum to scum, but that I was setting her up for a mislynch... and now, Klingon is town BECAUSE he suspects that I am scum.

I like that he's not "tunnel to the death!" and willing to consider how a townie might be played by scum.

Although I'll never agree with raking players that are on their first game over the coals without giving them a chance to acclimate, that seems to be done here.

WBOCampfire1104
-
Scum

His posts are a big ol' pile of WTF?! If anyone really needs me to break down the scumbucket that is his ISO, I will... but not in this post.

Klingoncelt
-
Town

I have spoken, and thus it is so. (Now that is irrefutable logic)

Aneninen
-
Null

Just joined, and JA was a lurkslot.

Nachomamma8
-
Null
Leaning Scum

Ride that "support role" line as long as you can, it's still anti-town to not be actively engaged and developing/providing reads.

Evil Regals
-
Town-Ta-Town-Town-Town

If anyone doubts this, just ask. I'd like to think her play is so blatantly town that it needs no explanation.

roseylily
-
Null

Lurk-a-durk
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:59 pm

Post by aphix »

Really?! Raked over coals due to like what ... two or three questions? I have a whole bunch of expletives for you.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by House »

In post 276, aphix wrote:Really?! Raked over coals due to like what ... two or three questions? I have a whole bunch of expletives for you.

So out of all my reads, you pick something irrelevant to bitch about?

Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:16 pm

Post by Shinobi »

How is it that you can come to the conclusion that WBO and me are both scum?

How does someone think "oh, my two top scumreads are totally willing to vote each other but they're still scum together?"
????
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:18 pm

Post by House »

In post 278, Shinobi wrote:How is it that you can come to the conclusion that WBO and me are both scum?

How does someone think "oh, my two top scumreads are totally willing to vote each other but they're still scum together?"
????

It's called distancing, and you are not clever.

Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:19 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Oh the tinfoil.
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:04 pm

Post by WBOCampfire1104 »

New logic: If you cannot find reasons for scum, don't have any.

That said, I have no reads.

And, House, pick apart the scumbucket that is my ISO.
Buy gold and search for the blindeye.
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:05 pm

If you've learned anything from me (sort of irrelevant) meta, I always rub off as scum.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:40 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 282, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:If you've learned anything from me (sort of irrelevant) meta, I always rub off as scum.

Shit like this gets you rekt.
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:42 pm

In post 283, Shinobi wrote:
In post 282, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:If you've learned anything from me (sort of irrelevant) meta, I always rub off as scum.

Why I is in a noob games.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by House »

Spoiler: Wall O' Quotes
In post 169, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:Hey!

I had read through the thread as Shakespeare was getting me in. I've got my reads here:

House: Seems to be really aggresive with his Shinobi read. Unsure.

roselily: A lurker, no doubt.

Klingoncelt: Idunno

JA: A lurker. But, he's done... something...?

Shinobi: House read him as scum, something I agree with.

aphix: seems to be jerkish and nothing else. Don't know what to expect.

Evil Regals: Null. It's too early to tell (for me)

Nachomamma8: Town.

A sea of nothing trying to look productive (and failing).

In post 176, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:After ISOing Kling, he's a townread.

FOS: roseylily
FOS: Jagged Appliance

STOP.
LURKING.

Unexplained read followed by FoSing low hanging fruit.

In post 184, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:Sorry. Tried to do a "silence speaks louder than words", before realizing it doesn't work in the context of this game.

You just seem INCREDIBLY sketchy and move votes without reason.

Reachy read is reachy.

In post 190, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:
In post 27, aphix wrote:I thought this was a RVS VOTE. NOW HES SCUM?

Scuse the caps posting on phone.

In post 31, House wrote:Hi all!

VOTE: aphix

You sure are digging in your heels on an RVS vote, and the deliberate misrep means more coming from an SE than if it had simply been a newbie.

Serious vote is serious. RVS over.

In post 191, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:
In post 189, Shinobi wrote:
In post 170, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:All of that said,

VOTE: Shinobi

I'll unvote if it turns into a hammer situation, because unsureness seems to be a recurring theme here.

Why do you agree with House?

In post 41, House wrote:
In post 34, Shinobi wrote:I don't interpret that as a misrep.

The way I saw it, Klingon rvs'd and aphix questioned him on his rvs. Klingon said that Nacho could be scum,
but never said that beforehand

Why should a player state reason for an RVS vote? Irrational statement is irrational.

In post 34, Shinobi wrote:Aphix's comment looks legitimate because Klingon voted Nacho beforehand without calling her scum explicitly.

Why would you call somebody that hasn't even posted yet scum? Irrational statement is irrational.

In post 34, Shinobi wrote:
So I see his line of questioning as legitimate. I don't have a problem with it.

I see your whiteknighting as illegitimate. I have a problem with it.

Please present better arguments in the future.

Piggy-backing my read instead of providing your own (or even commenting on them with a concurring opinion w/ additional support).

In post 215, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:
In post 212, Evil Regals wrote:There's a lack of conviction in his posts IMO. He's not really pushing anyone, I'm used to him being aggressive about his reads and i feel that it's lacking here.

I don't really have a strong scumread for anyone, so I figure the lurkers should wake up.

I MAY end up voting rose for the same reasons, but perhaps she's just inactive. Not sure.

My strongest scumread is
probably
aphix, but it isn't signifigant enough to vote for.

(Wait. Are you talking about someone else? Posting anyway.)

Spelling out your unproductive nature was unnecessary but helpful.

In post 240, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:
In post 238, Evil Regals wrote:No, Mala and I are the same person. I was just on Mala account and forgot to switch. I'll have Fery delete the Mala post.

WBO: May I ask why you are deciding to pressure vote and go after lurkers? Like what's the motivation behind it; other than trying to get them to post more.

Well, JA and rose are noobs, so I want to get them out of the lurker area for future games.

Or they're gonna get prodded.

Trying to look townie without actually doing anything.

In post 251, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:UNVOTE: Jagged Appliance

Confirmed non-lurker.

Me and aphix are similar in the fact that we have evidence/reasons for our claims, we just can't show it.

So I ain't voting aphix.

Cheap cop-out for not explaining reads. Also, borrowing that excuse from your scummiest read (whom you refuse to vote to lynch)?

In post 257, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:
In post 255, Nachomamma8 wrote:

In post 212, Evil Regals wrote:There's a lack of conviction in his posts IMO. He's not really pushing anyone, I'm used to him being aggressive about his reads and i feel that it's lacking here.

I'm not pushing anyone because I don't have significant scumreads and I see no point in forcing it when we have plenty and plenty of time. What motivation do you think I have to not vote as scum? Do you think I'm suddenly afraid to step on someone's toes, or...?

More piggy-backing. Are you incapable of independent thought?

In post 264, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:Ooh.

My EXTREMELY ROUGH Town-scum analysis:

(not shown: roselily and Anienen, for lack of evidence either way.)

Scummiest

aphix
Shinobi
House
Evil Regals
Klingoncelt
Nachomamma8

Towniest

Crap reads list without reasoning for why on ANY of them... but you sure want to know about those who call YOU scum.

In post 281, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:New logic: If you cannot find reasons for scum, don't have any.

That said, I have no reads.

And, House, pick apart the scumbucket that is my ISO.

Backpedaling instead of trying to help town.

Summary
: Horrible & unexplained reads, which fizzle out to, "I got nothin"; hiding behind several cases of hijacked logic instead of providing your own; Refusal to vote your highest scum read (which is wrong anyway, so...); Genuine faux productivity; general lack of commitment to a rational reads list (About the same as the first reason, but it really pings my scumdar)

Have you done one single pro-town thing at all?

Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:58 pm

Post by Shinobi »

WBOCampfire1104 wrote:

Self-metaing yourself as town is a bullshit way of making yourself less suspicious because you can interpret your own meta however you want and logically conclude yourself as town. The only good thing about it is that you actually had votes on you before you tried it, so it's more of a natural defense I guess.

I don't know if it's a stylistic thing or not for you, but it's bad. How bad and what kind of bad it is depends on how you keep playing. So, ultimately, it depends.

I'm sure someone else will be able to come up with a better explanation at some point.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:07 pm

Post by Shinobi »

There's so much characterization in that pbpa that it turned into a political cartoon.

Well done.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:59 am

Post by Aneninen »

Catching-up. I'm writing this post while I'm reading the thread so, it's possible that some of my early notes will be obsolete later or some of my questions will be answered.

Spoiler: Catch-up
Shinobi, – WTF? How could anyone forget about a game? He must have recieved your Role PM. is WTF again. A packed vote in the RVS stage of the game?

Aphix, , about the IC vote. He tried to make something out of nothing. Dialogue with Shinobi, / – uhh. I wonder whether anyone of them would "remember" this part later. (It hasn't happen, I think.) – I strongly disliked this! Klingon said
"can"
and Aphix asked back
"is"
! Plus, Klingon said it was a random vote.

House, – that was a good first-post, he noticed the same as me. Also liked and . (Would there be an answer?)

Shinobi defended Aphix in . Hmmm... And as an answer for House, – uhhhhh. Neither of them are in their first game sooo, it's not an excuse that "newbies can play like this". At this point I think that both of them are scums and if someone points that out they'll start throwing WIFOMs.

Nacho, / – I disagree. Aphix
might
be town if there were more players. But now I think he just wanted to start a random case or something like that. I disagree too. Lurking
is
a piece of information.

Shinobi, and – sorry to say, both the post and the vote were bullshyt in my opinion.

Klingon,
Why? (I mean, why do you think Nacho and Aphix are scum?)
Answered in . I should keep that in my mind. But, – Wait-oh. Aphix
did not
whiteknight Nacho at all. It could have been the opposite, maybe.

Aphix, – He's still obsessed with that random vote.

House/Shinobi, – Uh-oh, Shinobi produced a blatantly scummy "evasive manouvre" here. I wonder how he survived 'till now.

Klingon, (As far as I can remember, at this point Conrad, Roselily, Jagged Appliance (right now: me) and Hephaestus hadn't posted useful content. Still, she asked only about the latest one. This might be important later.)

Aphix, – he disliked that Klingon was paying attention to his random vote why he himself was posting a lot about Klingon's random vote. Oh, WTF!

House, – at this point I'm pretty sure that he's town.

Aphix, – ??? OMGUS? House's answer in – ugh, noooo! That "the numbers are in town's favor" thing is terrible! Not scummy; terrible. Townies tend to think they have bigger chance to win because there are more town than scum players so a couple of misreads, mislyches etc. don't really hurt. WRONG! The scum side has roughly the SAME chance!!! (Nacho, as an IC you should have explained this!) – Wait, WHUT?! Was that a joke??!!

Klingon, – don't do things like that. Regardless of your alignment. Regardless of his alignment. – note to self: she hadn't known earlier how to use the activity page and she gave an advice about the member list here. Either she's a fast learner or she's lying. (? Or I'm making up things out of nothing. Possible.)

Shinobi, – that was a mere dodge of the topic instead of reasoning.

Evil Regal's catch-up, – I don't know what to think. It starts out good, I agree with certain parts (eg. her House-read) but it gets sparse later. Either she's scum or she got tired during catching up later. I hope her further posts will help me to read her.

WBOCampfire1104's catch-up, – ugh. That catchup was terrible. One scum-read, one town-read and plenty of unsure's? WTF?! As for – why did he vote for Shinobi if he plans to unvote him later? Those pseudo-FoS-tags are terrible too.

Aphix, – Wait-oh! Because of his scumread on House he leant town on Klingon? Weren't he scumreading her before???

WBO, – He FoS-ed two players before because of lurking and now asks why others scumread players who hadn't posted before? WTF?! Or, in his "language":
FoS Campfire
! Also, he
did
play on this site before! How is it possible that he doesn't know that post-editing is forbidden, hence impossible?! – voting for another player because he's "less scum" and lurking?!?

Nacho, -ish posts – no real scumreads? Hmmm...

Evil Regals, – we should keep that in our minds about WBO. By the way, I've just noticed it: are you MalaKitty?
If so, hi! ^_^
It is confirmed by a later slip. Hi, MalaKittyPryde! ^_^

WBO, – Wait-oh. Was Aphix his scumread here? Wasn't it Shinobi before? And he wanted to vote for Roselily? Oh, noNOnoNOnoNO! – Eeeew! Just because he votes someone does not mean he believes they are scum. I would like to hear the explanation how a
single
vote pressurizes anyone.

Shinobi, – evading again? Am I interpreting this right: he was waiting whether there would be a wagon against WBO so that he could jump on it.

EvilRegalsMalaKitty – that makes sense, I've already seen such things before. Even if this post was against both of us; we both replaced into lurking slots.

Shinobi, – technically a naked vote. Aaaand Aphix sheeped him two posts later. (In between an Aphix-ish misrepresentation in .) We should remember this!

House, – do you have any further thoughts about that "a$$hole-ness" now?

WBO, – that readlist was terribly vague. Either a scum-readlist or an ignorant town-readlist.

House, – a nice readlist, even if I don't agree with everything.

So,

Spoiler: Conclusions; for reasons check the other spoiler above
House – probably town. Genuine scumhunting, good questions. Nothing scummy here.

WBO – lean scum. To tell the truth, his posts are so terrible that I strongly doubt any scum would write posts like these. But, (1) this doesn't rule out that he
is
scum and (2) his predecessor was a lurker who might have replaced out because of being a scum. If it weren't for the latest part I'd say unsorted but, because of the fact that he's a replacement, lean scum. At least.

Roselily – null. Lack of content.

Klingon – lean town or a shrewd scum. Most of her posts are very pro-town but there are some disturbing bits.

Shinobi – probably scum. No real scumhunting, dodging questions, and nothing which seems to be at least a bit of town.

Aphix – probably scum. It seems that everyone forgot their very-early intro. I still think they could be scums together and distancing from each other right now.

Evil Regals – probably town. I think I've seen this gameplay before. She was town there. She is town here.

Nacho – lean town. I'd really like to see more content. This read is mostly intuitional.

VOTE: Shinobi

Spoiler: I bet at least two players won't open this
You Have Been Pigeoned!!!
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 am

Post by House »

^ Town post from town player.

Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:35 am

Post by Shinobi »

"No real scumhunting."

Scumhunting is subjective. You are a jub.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:03 am

Post by House »

In post 69, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 66, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 57, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 44, House wrote:Shinobi or aphix, I want to hear from one of you an explanation on how a player can suspect someone of being scum that hasn't even posted.

I refuse to address either of you until one of you explains this sort of strategy.

The only legitimate reasons to have a serious suspicion on a player who hasn't posted are 1) night info, or 2) town reads on the rest of the playerlist. Since these are both illegitimate at this point in the game, I find it pretty reasonable for aphix to call someone out when he sees them with a scumread on a non posting player. Sure, he interpreted it incorrectly, but I don't see strong reasoning for scum to misrep town on page 2 of a game: it's not like he's getting a mislynch out of it.

Umm, letmethinkaboutitno.

He flipped out over my RVSing an IC. He didn't say shit about you being a lurker. Nor did I.

You two are terrible as Scum.

House stated that Aphix bringing up the possibility of you thinking I was scum didn't make sense because you would have no legitimate reason to suspect someone who hadn't posted. I agreed there was no legitimate reason to suspect someone who hadn't posted, then pointed out that would actually be a pretty solid reason to question someone.

I don't know if you're misrepping me ar genuinely misunderstood me.

I didn't say Klingon suspected someone of being scum that hadn't posted. She didn't state any such thing.

Aphix misrepped her post to insinuate that she did and I was asking where he came up with such a bad idea.

Evil Regals
Evil Regals
Goon
Evil Regals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:51 am

Post by Evil Regals »

In post 286, Shinobi wrote:
WBOCampfire1104 wrote:

Self-metaing yourself as town is a bullshit way of making yourself less suspicious because you can interpret your own meta however you want and logically conclude yourself as town. The only good thing about it is that you actually had votes on you before you tried it, so it's more of a natural defense I guess.

I don't know if it's a stylistic thing or not for you, but it's bad. How bad and what kind of bad it is depends on how you keep playing. So, ultimately, it depends.

I'm sure someone else will be able to come up with a better explanation at some point.

*coughs*
Have
you
ever considered that, perhaps, maybe,
I am
good?
I was always the Queen, it was
you
who added "Evil" to my name.

Alter Ego: Malakittens
Evil Regals
Evil Regals
Goon
Evil Regals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:57 am

Post by Evil Regals »

I really want to buy into the whole nacho post, but then i dont want too. ._.

So right now im gonna unvote:

UNVOTE: nacho

Aniem's catch up felt town. House i think is town. Aphix might be town.
Shin could be scum. Wbo's meta feels different, but idk if that makes him scum. King is null-leaning town.

Let me gwt home before postin another vote. Waitin' for VC mainly
Have
you
ever considered that, perhaps, maybe,
I am
good?
I was always the Queen, it was
you
who added "Evil" to my name.

Alter Ego: Malakittens
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:39 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1.7

DEMETRIUS
Relent, sweet Hermia: and, Lysander, yield
Thy crazed title to my certain right.

LYSANDER
You have her father's love, Demetrius;
Let me have Hermia's: do you marry him.

WBOCampfire1104
(3): roseylily, Shinobi, aphix
Shinobi
(2): House, Aneninen
aphix
(1): Klingoncelt

Not Voting
(3): WBOCampfire1104, Evil Regals, Nachomamma8

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: October 28, Midnight Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2014-10-28 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- Searching for a replacement for Roseylily
- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:13 am

Post by House »

I don't like an RVS vote being on an active wagon.

Yes, I know rosey hasn't posted since RVS, I just don't want her vote to contribute to a lynch, so please wait to vote until she unvote or provides support for why she hasn't.

Kthx.

aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:55 am

Post by aphix »

Ane probtown. Unfortunately I don't think they have a good grasp on the game state here ... I'm also concerned that at this point in the game they aren't going to take any firm stances. Yay. More fence sitting. At this rate we are going to be in another Newbie Game deadline lynch. This'll be fun.

House: Yes, there isn't anything else I wanted to comment on at the time about your readlist. Also, just as likely you don't want to see a wbo lynch on your scum buddy thanks to an RVS vote, but either way good advice.

Ane: If you really care to know about that exchange, if you haven't figured it out it was all about trying to get responses and get the game rolling. I continued pushing on it as NOTHING ELSE WAS HAPPENING. Again, if you'd please read the one post everyone is basis me being a complete dick on not in caps because it wasn't intended that way it wouldn't be as fucking extreme as you guys want to continue leaning on.

Although honestly, from what I've seen in games I've played and read, newb scum well tend to focus on IC, SE in terms of pushes. They tend to see them as the biggest threat I would assume so try to push there. Unfortunately IC and SE aren't always the people with the most mafia games in.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:23 am

Post by House »

In post 296, aphix wrote:
Although honestly, from what I've seen in games I've played and read, newb scum well tend to focus on IC, SE in terms of pushes. They tend to see them as the biggest threat I would assume so try to push there. Unfortunately IC and SE aren't always the people with the most mafia games in.

This is ridiculous.

aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:26 am

Post by aphix »

It's not a tell so much as a point of interest, place to start.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:37 am

Post by fferyllt »

Luca Blight replaces roseylily. Please welcome him!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”